Lightning โ†ฌ [Kaminari Denki x...

By todorokishoto4869

๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐, ๐ƒ๐ž๐ง๐ค๐ข, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter 1: What I Forgot
Chapter 2: Quirk Assessment
Chapter 3: Battle of Trials
Chapter 4: USJ
Chapter 5: USJ Part 2
Chapter 6: You're Who?
Chapter 7: Sports Festival: Race
Chapter 8: Sports Festival: Cavalry Battle
Chapter 9: Sports Festival: One vs One
Chapter 11: Hero Names!
Chapter 12: Internships
Chapter 13: Final Exams (Written)
Chapter 14: Final Exams (Practical)
Chapter 15: Training Camp: Part 1
Chapter 16: Training Camp: Part 2
Chapter 17: Take Them Back
Chapter 18
OMG, 10k!!!!
Chapter 19: Prequel Part

Chapter 10: Sports Festival: One vs One Finals

18.1K 564 1.8K
By todorokishoto4869

(Y/n) POV

I walk into the field. This is my last match and the final match. 'If I win it, I'll be top, but I'm going against Bakugou Katsuki so who knows what's going to happen. If I am able to shoot wind and electricity from my hands like in Todoroki's match, I would be able to win a lot more easily. I wonder how I did it. Is this what Momo was talking about? How did she know? Ughh! This is so confusing.' I thought

I walk to the middle of the field. I can tell that Bakugou thinks he's going to win.

"READY... SET... GO!!!"

I start by pushing him with some wind but of course, Bakugou's gonna do whatever he can to stop himself, even if that means exploding the ground while making a huge explosion in my direction.

'Ouch, that hurt.' I thought as I looked at myself. I was covered with many cuts and burns. Blood dripped down of my legs and arms. That was one heck of an explosion.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?? HOW IS (L/N) STILL STANDING? NO, NO. HOW IS (L/N) STILL ALIVE. THAT EXPLOSION WAS THE SAME SCALE AS THE ONE HE USED IN HIS MATCH WITH URARAKA TO DESTROY DEBRIS. DEBRIS. (L/N) ARE YOU OK?" Present Mic yelled.

I give a quick thumbs up to reassure everyone. I swear even Bakugou had a look of slight panic wondering if he overdid it. 'Oh yeah, sure you overdid it.' I thought angrily.

I ran up as fast as I could with injuries and struck lightning right on top of him. 'That was a nice hit' I thought. 'While he's surprised, I'm gonna push him off with more wind. Let's see if I can use the trick that worked when I was with Todoroki... What? It doesn't work'

I tried to control some wind/air out of my hands. Darn. It's not working. I tried to push him out with some wind the old way but you can always count on Bakugou to literally explode you.

"WHAT THE? HOW ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO DO THAT MUCH AFTER I THREW AN EXPLOSION AT YOU? ARE YOU HUMAN?" Bakugou yells.

"I... have... extremely high pain tolerance," I say in pain.

By this time, the whole crowd is astonished. Bakugou threw 2 HUGE SCALE explosions at me. 2. 2. And not only am I still alive, I'm standing up, oh and now walking towards Bakugou again. I forget about the pain and charge at Bakugou. He aims an explosion at me one more time, and this time I can tell that this explosion could kill me, but I didn't have the energy or time to dodge it. 'Ahh, if I wake up on a hospital bed again, Kaminari's definitely gonna get mad at me...' I thought. I watched Bakugou's hands glow but right at the moment, there was a huge wave of water that shot out of both of my hands, it made the explosion a bit better, but before that, I was out of stamina. I fainted on the spot and everything became dark and cold after that. I then realized that the only reason I didn't feel my quirk being overused was from the heat of Bakugou's explosions.

~~~

I woke up in the hospital bed of the nurse's office in the main building. Kaminari was there, he's always there, and it always makes me happy.

"(L/n)! WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING? DO YOU WANT TO DIE? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO? WERE YOU LISTENING TO WHAT I WAS SAYING THE LAST TIME YOU WERE IN A HOSPITAL BED, THAT WAS WHAT, LIKE A FEW HOURS AGO?" Denki yells.

"Denki... I'm...I'm sorry." I say

"You better be," Denki says a bit stern

"I am. And I'm fine. Don't worry too much. I'm okay, it just hurts a bit." I say trying to reassure him.

"Don't lie to me. I know it hurts a lot. And you better be fine. If you're not ok, I'm gonna murder Bakugou myself." he says

"Haha, thanks Denki."

"But I'm just seriously worried for you ok?"

"Ok. Thank you so much."

"Umm, about the new part of my quirk Denki, I think it only activates when I'm in a life-threatening situation. Like when Todoroki almost burned my whole body, or when Bakugou almost exploded my throat."

"Meaning, you were in a life-threatening twice in like an hour today?"

"Well, I guess you can rephrase it like that."

"I'm not rephrasing anything, I'm just stating the truth. And oh my gosh. What do you think you're doing? I swear you're gonna break down some day."

"I'm fine Denki, I have a really high pain tolerance and I have a monstrous level of stamina. So don't worry about it the 100th time."

"...ok"

"Oh, I see you're up," Recovery girl says while coming into the room

"Oh, yes. Sorry for all the trouble."

"Don't mention it. Are you feeling a bit better?"

"Yes, definitely. In terms of stamina at least."

"That's all I wanted to hear. This may suck the living daylights out of you but you can sleep here until you feel full of energy again."

"Ok, thank you."

~KISS~

"Oh my gosh, that was tiring..." I say in so much surprise.

"Haha, I'm surprised you're still awake, that would've knocked an average person out for a few hours, not to mention you just fought how many people at full power?"

"Ahaha..." I sweatdrop. "I think I can walk home if I go slowly. Ok, I have to get a few things so can you wait for me at the gate, Denki? Oh, no, you don't have to if you don't want to... It's just-- um, no forget about it." I say while getting flustered. 'I mean why would he want to wait for me, I'm constantly pulling him back and making him waste time with me.' That thought made me a bit sad, I don't know why though.

"Haha, what are you getting so nervous about." Denki laughs. He quickly ruffles my hair. "I'll be by the gate ok? Take your time~"

"Really?"

"Yeah? Why not?"

"Ok! I'll be there as soon as possible," I say trying to rush things up.

"I said 'take your time~'" he says while walking out.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Recovery girl asks me.

"W-what! N-no way. He's just a childhood friend I guess." I say

"Oh, I see. What a shame though." Recovery girl says. 'He's always there when she's here in the office. He's always worried for her. I hope they go well.' she thought.

"Then I'll be heading out then! I'm so sorry for having you treat me so many times today." I say and bow.

"Don't worry about me, and apologize to the blonde if you need to apologize to anyone ok? He was the most worried. He came rushing into the office as soon as your match with Todoroki and Bakugou ended."

I nod and run as fast as I could to the gate. He was standing there waving to me. I smile and we walk home quietly. 

"Umm, Denki?"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Um, I'm sorry. I heard that you were w-worried right? A-ah, no. I mean there's no way you were worried for me right? Ahaha, forget about it." I say quickly and quietly hoping that he didn't hear me.

"Yeah. I was worried. Super worried. Like thhhiiiiiiiissss much." he motioned his arms as far as his wingspan would let him.

I laughed and I realized that I was super happy. 

"Oh, and you know (L/n)?"

"What?"

"From now on, don't say 'Sorry', and say 'Thank you' because it feels so much happier and better when someone's thanking you rather than apologizing to you." (A/N yes, I am so sorry to those who watch Re:Zero for the reference. If you haven't watched Re:Zero, please do, it's great.)

"... Ok! Got it!" I smile as hard as I possibly can and say, "Thank you Denki for caring so much about me!"

Kaminari POV

'I swear my face turned a bright red. Gosh, she looks great when she smiles. And it's still so nerve-racking when she calls my first name. And I am so very sorry but I do not have close to enough guts to call her by her first name.' I thought in panic.

"Yup! That's it!" I smiled back at her. "Oh, we're at your place. Well, I'll see you tomorrow then." 

"Ok, see you tomorrow!" she waved back at me.

She went into her unit and I walked further down the road to get to my place. 'I definitely like her. Darn.'

(Y/n) POV

I put my stuff down and plop on my bed unable to move. I reach for my phone and start to scroll through stuff like Wattpad. As soon as I check what I'm doing, I realize that I'm asking Google what kind of illness I have.

Google Search Bar: Cure for feeling painful and nervous in both stomach and heart

'What the heck am I doing?' I thought.

But since I already typed it up, might as well click enter, I thought.

Google Search Bar: Cure for feeling painful and nervous in both stomach and heart.                            Did you mean: Love?

"WHAT???"

(A/N I'm so sorry for the RElife reference this time, I just really liked that scene. As usual, Thank you so much for reading this chapter and I really hope you enjoyed it. C ya next story. PLUS ULTRA!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 4.4K 23
*WARNINGS* โ€ขMentions of self harm and suicide. โ€ขMature Language. โ€ขMature moments. โ€ขViolence. IF A CHAPTER HAS A FANCY TITLE IT MEANS ITS EDITED AND U...
87.7K 2.8K 19
(Y/n) has been born with a weak body and has been childhood friends with Todoroki. They help each other up and they seem perfect together, but deep i...
1.1K 23 21
" ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ช๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“น๐“ต๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ธ? " " ๐“ญ๐“ธ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ท๐“ท๐“ช ๐“น๐“ต๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ? " Denki, a student in attendance at UA, the n...
13.8K 283 33
A thoughtful, beautiful, hot, quiet girl and a social, energetic boy who loves hanging out with his friends so much. Do they match? Y/n Intelli and D...