Dragon Age: RWBY (Discontinue...

By Hydra1996

Arion Lavellan failed to stop Solas from his plans, but instead to kill him like the rest of the world, he se... More

Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1: Awakening (Volume 2: Best day ever)
Decisions
Bio: Elise Trevelyan
Volume 2: Welcome in Beacon
Volume 2 (A minor hiccup & painting the town...)
Volume 2 (Extracuricullar)
Volume 2 (Burning candle and Dance Dance infiltration)
Volume 2 (Field Trip & Search and destroy)
Volume 2 (Mountain Glenn-Breach)
Volume 3 (Meeting a dusty old crow)
Volume 3 (A bit rest and a shocking truth)
Volume 3 (PvP and the wrath of a dragon)
Volume 3 (End of the Beginning)
Not update!
Volume 4 (The next step)
Volume 4 (Remembrance)
Volume 4 (Family)
Volume 4 (Tipping Point)
Volume 4 (Punished)
Volume 4 (A much needed talk)
Volume 4 (Take the road)
Volume 4 (No safe Haven)
Volume 5 (Explanation and training)
Volume 5 (Reunion, Rest and Resolution)
Volume 5 (The More the Merrier)
Volume 5 (The fight between two Maidens)
Volume 5 (Haven's fate)
Not Update 2
(Volume 6) Argus Limited
Volume 6 (Uncovered)
Volume 6 (The Lost Fable)
Volume 6 (So that's how it is)
Volume 6 (The coming storm)
Volume 6 (Alone in the woods)
Volume 6 (The Grimm Reaper)
Volume 6 (Dead End)
Volume 6 (Lost)
Volume 6 (Stealing from the Elderly)
Volume 6 (Episode 11 and 12)
Volume 6 (Our way)
Volume 7 (The Greatest Kingdom)
Volume 7 (A New Approach)
Anouncement (Discontinue)

Volume 5 (Welcome to Haven)

54 1 0
By Hydra1996

Qrow, Arion and Team RNJR were walking an underground passage with stone bricks and lightened up with laterns.

Qrow: The city of Mistral.

Nora: Ugh. It's about time. Whose idea was it to walk again

Ren: Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements...

Jaune: Oh, and , you know, all those people and monsters that tried to MURDER US?

Ruby: Pfft. We were fine; only two of us almost died.

Qrow&Arion: Hey.

Nora holded her hands on her hips and bowed to Ren

Ren: Hey! *Nora giggled*

Jaune: So how much farther to Haven Academy?

Qrow: Almost there. Kind of figured I'd take you kids on the scenic route.

They stopped before a big gate that Qrow opened and Ruby rushed forward and stopped at a railing, gazing out over the city.

Ruby: Wow! This. Is. Awesome!

The others joined to look at the countryside with mountains, houses and a waterfall. Down from them were a big crowd of people for their all day doing and a market. Lawfull or not.

Qrow: It's certainly something.

Ruby: *when she saw a weapon kiosk*Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!

Arion: Are you always like that?

Qrow: Vendors here will sell you just about anything, wether they should or not.

Jaune: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Qrow: Very inch. And stand away from the lower levels, but the higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Nora: And we are going up! *pointed up and they went then to Haven Academy*

In the halls of Haven

Some time later, they arrived on a courtyard of the school. Around them were a stone way, traditional buildings with a green garden. Ruby looked at a building before them and whipped a tear away. Jaune placed a hand on her shoulder.

Ruby: *sighed* We made it.

When they were about to enter Qrow stopped and looked around. Arion did the same.

Qrow: Hmmm.

Arion: A bit to quiet for an Academy. Something is not right.

They came then up and walked then through an empty hall from a building.

Ruby: Hello? *louder* HELLOO??

Nora: Maybe try... louder?

Ren: There doesn't seem to be anyone here.

Jaune: Well, I guess school isn't really in session right now. Maybe that's it?

Arion: I think not. After what happened in Beacon, they should prepare what could happen next.

Qrow: No, this isn't right... C'mon. *hurried forward*

Ruby: Wait for us! *the rest followed him*

They stopped before a double door, Qrow took his weapon out and the others followed.

Qrow: Get ready. It could be trouble.

When Qrow then kicked the door, there stood Professor Lionheart with wide eyes and began to scream which caused the others to scream and Arion to shrug. Qrow looked down and lost his balance on one foot and fell to the ground. Lionheart made a sound and fell back and fainted for short. RNJR lowered their weapons speechless while Qrow sat up. I feel like an idiot...

Ruby: Uh... Professor... Lionheart?

Lionheart: *gasped and sat up* QROW! For crying out loud, you nearly scared me to death.

Qrow: *grunted and stood up* Me? Why weren't you waiting for us at the entrance?

Lionheart: Huh? *looked at his pocket watch and saw the time* OH, right. Apologies. I guess time slipped away from me. *stood then up*

Arion: *annoyed* Really now?

Qrow: You're joking.

Nora: *all put their weapons away* Where is everybody?

Lionheart: Ah, you must be the students Qrow mentioned.

Ruby: Yes, sir! Ruby Rose. *saluted*

Jaune: Jaune Arc.

Nora: Nora Valkery. *put her arms swiftly to the sides*

Ren: Lie Ren. *put his hands behind his back and bowed slight*

Arion: Arion Lavellan.

Lionheart: Oh, you must be that elf, Ozpin once mentioned. A honor to meet such a noble creature. Noble? Hear it for the first time. *chuckled* A pleasure to meet you all. Leonardo Lionheart, at your service. I'm afraid must of my staff is currently away until classes ressume, but-

Qrow: *stepped forward and Lionheart backed away* What!? Leo, you can't be serious. Who's guarding the relic!?

Lionheart: Qrow! The children-

Qrow: Already know. I filled them in. What do you mean your staff is away?

Lionheart: You... filled them in?

Nora: *leaned to Ruby* So... is this not going at all like anyone though it would?

Arion: *facepalmed* I know that too well.

They were then all in Lionheart's office. Nora and Ren sat on a couch, Arion looked at the books while listening and Ruby, Jaune and Qrow stood. Lionheart sat at his desk and looked at Qrow who stood before him.

Lionheart: I have to say Qrow, this all seems very reckless, even for you.

Qrow: No, reckless is leaving one of the relics completely unguarded. It's not checking in with Oz for ages.

Lionheart: There was nothing to check in about before the Fall of Beacon. But since that day, Mistral has been in choas! *stood up* Vale wasn't the only kingdom to suffer that night. Everyone was watching, every house in every kingdom saw that poor girl ripped to pieces, *Ruby looked away sad* saw monsters crawling over the city, *Jaune grabbed at his weapon* Atlesian knights attacking citizens... and then nothing. You could feel the dread in the air. With all the negativity, you can imagine what it was like when the Grimm came for us. *looked out at the window* Mistral's controlled territory is the widest reaching in the world, y'know, and that makes it infinietly harder to protect. We lost so many great huntsmen, teachers from this very institution, and it's only gotten worse.

Ruby: W- What do you mean?

Lionheart: *leaned on the widowsill* We may have dealt with the Grimm, but the Mistral council's still at odds with representatives from Atlas. First, it was the dust embargo. Now, it's the closing of borders. I'm not sure what happened to James in Vale, but it seems to have only worsened some of his more... unfortunade tendencies. *sighed and looked at Qrow* And, on top of everything, we still don't know where the Spring Maiden is.

Qrow: All the more reason we need the huntsmen and huntresses here.

Ruby: *stepped forward* Okay! Okay. Things are bad. They're bad. But we can firgure this out. Why is the Spring Maiden so important?

Lionheart: I thought you filled them in?

Qrow: Mostly filled in. Look, there's a lot to cover, okay? I quit teaching for one reason. *took his flask to drink*

Lionheart: *sat back to his chair* The four Maidens each have the power to perform feast of magic, and they are the only ones capables of reaching the relics.

Jaune: What? Can't Arion do that too? He's a mage.

Arion: That's not the same. My magic and that of the Maidens are different. I will never be able to get the relic, even if I know where it is. I can't fully understand the voices in my head. Besides, my magic is already lost and I'm male. The only thing I could do, is to train the Maiden to control her magic.

Qrow: The relics are each locked inside a chamber that can only be opened  by a specific Maiden. Winter for the gift of creation, Summer for destruction, Fall for choice and Spring for knowledge. *drank* Spring is the problem. 

Ren: What happened to her?

Lionheart: *Qrow put his flask away* She was determined at first when she inherited her powers, but the weight of responsibility proved to be too much for the child. She... ran. Abandoned her training, everyone. That was over a decade ago. There's no telling where she could be now. 

Qrow: I know. At least, I have a pretty good idea.

Lionheart: *stood up* Are you serious?

Qrow: It's not exactly good news.

Lionheart: *came up to and shook him by the shoulders* What are you talking about? This is incredible news. After all these years? Where?!

Qrow: *shoved him off* I did some digging around. Looks like after Spring ran away, she was picked up by bandits. Specifically, the Branwen tribe.

Lionheart: Raven.

Arion: *Ruby gasped*  What? She?!

Jaune: Yang's mom?

Qrow: That's right. *pulled out his scroll, layed it on the desk and showed a hologram map of Remnant and a marked position* That's about where they've set up their main camp. It's where they fall back to after raids and scouting missions. Raven's managed to gain a lot of followers since she returned to the tribe. And I'm sure when the Spring Maiden showed up it only made things easier.

Lionheart: *patted his back* Well, Qrow, I've got to hand it to you. With these coordinates, we can mount a retrievel force and head out in a few weeks.

Qrow: A few weeks?

Lionheart: That's right. *pressed buttoms on the desk*

Qrow: Leo, maybe you didn't hear me. My sister has the Spring Maiden and I know where she is. We need to go as soon as possible! *knocked books down from the desk*

Lionheart: And perhaps you didn't hear me. The kingdom is in shambles. As soon as possible does not mean tomorrow. It means as soon as I can convince the rest of the council that I need huntsmen more then they do. Unfortunaly, bandit tribes aren't very high on their list of "priorities" when the threat of war is just on the horizon. 

Qrow: Then damn the council, we'll do it ourselves. You and I are trained huntsmen, and these kids aren't exactly pushovers.

Nora: *Ruby fist bumped* Yeah!

Arion: Heh. If you knew how old I'm for real was... but I'm 18 again. Not so bad.

Ren: *stood up* Perhaps there's a more peaceful way to approach this?

Qrow: We need to get Spring as far away from here as posssible, but Raven isn't going to give up her most prized possession without a fight.

Lionheart: Unfortunately, you and your sister are evenly matched, and I'm not not the fighter I used to be. No offense, but these students and I can't take on an entire bandit tribe and a Maiden that's no doubt had years to hone her skills. We need to be positive we can apprehend Spring, because if we fail, Raven and her tribe will scatter and we'll be lost. We get ONE shot at this. And it needs to be perfect.

Qrow: *sighed* You know, Oz wouldn't be happy with any of his if he were here.

Lionheart: Perhaps you're right. But he's not and I'm doing the very best I can.

Ruby: There has to be something we can do?

Jaune: What about Cinder? She came with Emerald an Mercury from Haven. Do you have anything on them?

Lionheart: We pulled their files after the fall of Beacon. Nothing but lies and forgeries. *Jaune clenched his fists*

Nora: Is it just me or is it here really hot now? *they looked behind to see Arion with flamed fists and an very angry face* Whoa, calm down! You will burn the office.

Arion: *got back in his senses* Sorry...

Qrow: Well, I can't say this has been a warm reunion, Leo.

Lionheart: I'm sorry. I know you've all traveled a long way. But I will do everything I can do help.

Qrow: Sure. We'll stay in the city for the time being. Local comms are still up. Keep in touch. C'mon, kids.

Qrow turned around to leave and the others followed him. Arion looked short back and whispered that not even Ruby could hear but Lionheart: You're hiding something. Then he leaved, but Ruby stopped

Ruby: It was nice meeting you, Professor.

Lionheart: *very nervous* Likewise. *Ruby closed the door*

Back in the hallway

Nora: So, what do we do now?

Qrow: *sighed* You five head back had back  to the house. I need a drink.

Arion: I'm coming with you. Someone must bring you back, when you too drunk to walk straight.

Qrow: Heh. Such a babysitter.

Arion: Hey.

Timeskip: The conversation of that scene is at the end of Volume 4

Arion: Oscar. Can you please open the door? And please, ask for a Ruby Rose. I don't know how long I can hold him back. Qrow! Stop moving so wild! *holded his arm slunged around his shoulders and Qrow laughed awkward*

Oscar: All right.

While he kept Qrow back he could hear the conversation when someone opened the door.

Jaune: Can I... help you?

Oscar: Um... Yeah. Is there a... Ruby Rose here?

Nora: Why?

Oscar: Well...

Qrow managed to shove Arion away and ran to Oscar.

Qrow: IIIIIIIII found him! *pfft and laughed*

Arion: *came then up* You stupid old man!

Oscar: I think her uncle could use some help?

Qrow tottered in the house and fell on a couch. 

Qrow: I found him.

The others looked at Arion.

Arion: Don't ask me. To complicated.

Ruby: *came then to the others* What is going on out there?! Can't a girl read her comics in peace?? *Qrow burped and laughed made Ruby facepalm in annoyance* Qrow, did you get drunk again.

Arion: He always managed to get his drinks, even when I tried to stop him.

Qrow: Maybe...

Oscar: Oh.*looked at Ruby* You... have silver eyes.

Ruby: *looked at Nora who just shrugged her shoulders* Who... are you? *Qrow laughed sleeply*

Oscar: Uh... Well... My name is Oscar Pine.

Qrow: Wait for it...

Oscar: But you probably know me as... Professor Ozpin?

Ruby, Nora and Ren looked at him in shock, Jaune took a few steps back while Arion stayed calm and went to close the door.

Qrow: Heh. Haha. *punched his arms in the air* I did it! *fell on the floor and fainted*

Nora: *holded her hands before her mouth* Oh!

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 204 28
RWBY and all associated characters are owned by Rooster Teeth. The fate that befell Summer Rose is unknown, and left to one's imagination. But what i...
4.8K 81 11
It appears you and your teammate have made it to Argust but getting the help from the people for Atlas is gonna he that easy. You have fight your way...
163K 2.9K 44
you died but you lived but not in the world your from but in the world of remnant (This is my first Gamer story and I'm just gonna have fun with i...
112K 1.6K 16
Hi! My name is Noctis L/n and this is my journey to how I become the Greatest Swordsman in Remnant's history in the group Team RWBY.