OZARIA ✔

By phelecia12

Run. Run. Run...... What are you running from? Love. Life. Murder. ****** Cover by @footnoteofhappiness More

Authors note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
SEQUEL

Chapter 5

276 38 10
By phelecia12

Rose had grown attached to Claire and James quickly. It could have been the warm, tenderness and gently love that radiated from them that drew us both in. They both radiate motherly and fatherly love, care and compassion.

Rose knows I love her dearly, I made it my mission to show and tell her every day but is it enough? My love for her is strong but it could never replace the love of a mother.

Maybe Rose being attached to Claire is not so bad, they could both provide that exact warmth and love of a parent she needs.

James and Claire classified us has the kids they never had but always needed. Claire eyes became tearful when Rose first called her Ma, she cried for about on hour. They are the only people I could trust to care for Rose, if some thing were to happen to me.

Picking up Rose, we went to over to Claires house. They had invited us over for dinner, always trying to find ways to have us around. We have been given a spare key and an open invitation to go over any time we wanted whether they are at home or not.

Me being Ozaria, I had completely refused their key and offer, not wanting to invade the privacy of their home. Well that was the lame but pointily explanation I had given, when they questioned why I had refused. They had persisted and I continued to reuse, they never wanted to push me, so they gave up but hinted about it whenever we talk.

Approaching the house I notice James is sitting on their two-story modern house pouch. James stand as I parked my car and got out. Opening the door for rose she rush pass me toward James, who scoop her up in his arm and throw her in the air. Rose squeal then giggled latching on to his neck.

"Are you going to just stand there all day?" James chuckled causing me to roll my eye at him.

James than enfold me and Rose in a hug than we went in to meet Claire.

Crossing the tread mill a warm embrace from Claire awaited, "How have you been my darling?", Claire inquired.

"Great Claire, and you?" I respond with a genuine smile.

Looking around their house the light blue walls that I have grown accustom to seeing, pictures of their youth captured in them and pictures of Rose and I decorated their wall. The old grandfather clock, wooden furniture, soft rag and vases with different flowers gave the room a cosy look and feel.

"Fine my dear come dinner will be ready soon," I nob and follow her. "Ozaria could you please set the table".

"Yes Claire," In the back ground I could hear James tickling Rose.

Smiling I gather the utensils and plates from the cupboard in the kitchen and set the table for four. Finishing up I pop my head in the kitchen to check on Claire.

"Do you need help?"

"No dear, I am almost done and there." She said, switching off the stove.

"So, still no boyfriend, you're far too pretty not to have any" Claire tease, "The cookie still in the jar".

Now that erupt laughter from my throat. "No time for that Claire, between Rose and work the time left is for me".

But between you and me I have never dated, maybe I don't even know how to date. Maybe I am too insecure about myself to even date.

She smiles shaking her head, "On second thought give me a hand dishing these out and put them on the table".

"My god Claire it smells amazing, bet it taste amazing too".

"Both your favourite popcorn chicken, sweet mash potatoes, baked macaronic and cheese and my famous gravy". She informs me proudly.

I narrowed my eyes at her playfully "Seriously Claire what are you trying to do fatten us for the slaughter?"

"Yes," Claire admits laughing.

"But seriously I hope you didn't go out your way for us," I said facing her.

"Oh, darling it's no problem at all. I love you and Rose so much," She pulls me into a side hug.

"Come lets bring these out before they get cold", Claire stated.

"Yep." I follow her out to the table.

"Go wash up, I'll bring the rest out and tell James dinner is ready." I nod.

Approaching the living room, I could hear Rose telling James about her best friend Talia and how cool she is.

"James dinner is ready, Rose come on, we need to wash our hands", James stand holding his hand to Rose who grasp it and then they approach me. Reaching me she let go of James hand and hold mine pulling me towards the wash room.

Joining Claire at the table after we washed our hands. We blessed the food and then dived in.

"Claire that was amazing you're the best cook I know", I complemented causing her cheeks to redden.

"Yyeess", Rose chip in as she nobs her head in agreement.

"Of course, she is", James states, kissing her cheek.

"You guys say that every single time", She waves us off.

"But it is true. I feel like a just gain 5lbs, it was so good", I continued rubbing my very full stomach.

"Mm hm", Rose hum in delight copying me rubbing her stomach.

Claire stand to clear the dishes. "Oh no you don't, you cooked so I clean", Claire in smile in gratitude "Thank you dear".

I cleared and washed all the dishes, when I was about done James entered the kitchen.

"Thanks for coming over it means so much to me and even more to Claire. You both make her so happy and all I want is for her to be happy. So, thank you for allowing us to be apart of your lives", James told me earnestly.

"Oh, you're such a big softie", I tease him chuckling, but I know he was serious.

"You both are my daughters" James said with a stern expression. James is about 6ft 1, well build, a dragon tattoo running on his shoulder and he is bold while Claire is 5ft 2, brown hair with a few grey stands, beautiful brown eyes and round face. "If you need anything and I mean anything at all let me know".

I nod feeling a lump swell in my throat, I hug him feeling his fatherly love release off him to me, letting him know they are both appreciated.

"Enough sappy talk", James laughed.

We joined Rose and Claire living room where we watch a family comedy before calling it a night.

Claire gave us tight hugs and kissed our cheeks {there is that motherly love again} and told us to come back soon and if I ever needed anyone to babysit Rose she would be happy for the job.

*******************************

By the time we reach home Rose had fallen asleep. Putting her to bed, I caress her cheek and whispered sweet dreams in her ear. Then I went to my room and did my nightly rituals.

Slipping between the covers, I grab the book I am currently reading, it's about an orphan boy, finding out he is a werewolf, discovering new things about himself and that he as a destiny which is in an ancient prophecy and that he also has a soulmate.

What an imagination the author has, but still it's a great read. It keeps me on the edge of my seat and my toes at the same time.

'But what if'

'But what if soulmates do exist?'

'What if there was someone specifically made for you?'

The closest thing to soulmates I have seen and known was my parents and James and Claire. Their love was, but in James and Claire case is electrifying, tangible, you can almost feel it or see it in the air that surrounds them. Love so special, so unique that can only be found in your soulmate or someone close to a soulmate.

It makes my heart swell and deflate at the same time.

'Could I find someone like that?'

'Would I have that overwhelming feeling and connection with someone?'

Would I have that feeling where my heart beats wildly for that person, it beats as if it's about to explode into a billion pieces then place back together, then it happens over and over again?

All those cliché stuff about love: tummy butterflies, the blushes, touches, glances and everything that drives a person crazy in love.

Would I ever stop looking over my shoulder to find something or someone so special as that?

Could anyone even love me, a murderer?

***************

Vote and Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 397 23
"Serena run and never come back!", he said while he was fighting with the guards to protect me. He is a good man after all. I looked behind me to see...
121K 4.9K 46
Jo's brothers are his world. He's spent his entire life sacrificing everything to give them the life he's never had. Having battled through a horrifi...
81.1K 2.4K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...
479 4 26
Alice is a mermaid with a werewolf mate. Just the idea of a mate is enough to want to make her take off for the hills, but add the fact that he's a w...