Burdened (Short Story)

By _dinocorns_

I was 16 years old when I found out that it was possible. I was living in an apartment with my boyfriend at t... More

Burdened
The Young Love- Chapter 1
The Day We Date- Chapter 2
The Move- Chapter 3
The 13th- Chapter 4
A Week Later- Chapter 5
Mother- Chapter 6
2 Months- Chapter 7
3 Months- Chapter 8
5 Months- Chapter 9
Hello Baby Girl- Chapter 11
Annalise- Chapter 12
Currently- Chapter 13

7 Months- Chapter 10

295 18 0
By _dinocorns_

Chapter  10 *7 Months Into Pregnancy*

Forget what I said when I was 5 months pregnant. 

I'm bigger than a whale. 

I'm like Titanic, a whale, and an elephant put together! This baby is going to be bigger than the normal size of babies! 

I slipped on my black flats since I was checking my belly out in the mirror and I couldn't believe that I'm freakin' fat now. I'm wearing my maternity clothing which consits of long sun dresses and very stretchy clothes.

Today is the day when me and Matt find out our baby's gender. Matt thinks it's a boy while I think they're twins or triplets because of my huge stomach! It's impossible for 1 baby.

"Ready?" Matt asked me and I nodded. We left with my parents and went over to the doctor.

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^ 

We were in the room with all the equipment while the doctor was rubbing the jelly on my stomach. She grabbed one of the tools and going around my belly with it.

"And there's your baby." Dr. Scher said with a small smile. After those words were said, I looked at my baby. It looked so peaceful, like it's sleeping and it's so cute. My heart swelled at the sight of my baby.

"Would you like to know the gender now?" Dr. Scher asked me and I nodded my head. My teeth were gnawing on my bottom lip because of the anticipation. Matt held my hand and he was smiling at our baby.

Our baby. We have a baby together.

"Well congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Connor." Dr. Scher began, but Mom interrupted her.

"Oh, they're not married. She's Ms. Charms and he's Mr. Connor." Mom explained as if they were important taxes!

"Mom." I groaned. I can't believe that it matters.

"What? You two aren't married. You're still a Charms." Mom said sternly while my father stood in the back laughing quietly and shaking his head.

"Just tell me the gender of my baby Dr. Scher, please?" I begged her because my mother doesn't know when to not talk.

"Of course, Ms. Charms." She began. I held in a breath.

"It's a girl." And I released my breath and smiled incredibly big. My hands instinctively wen to my belly and I knew who it was. It was now a she and I couldn't have been anymore happier.

Matt leaned down and kissed the top of my forehead. I felt blessed that everything is going okay. Nothing could go wrong, but as always, I was wrong that day.

_________________Skip To 9 Months Into Pregnancy___________________

Mom finally agreed that I can stay at my apartment with Matt for a few days and be happy together over there. We spent the whole day inside. We cooked, watched movies and after that, we were inside our bedroom feeling for our daughter's kicks. We were picking out names that day.

I said, Alice.

He said, Alex.

I said, Natalie.

He said, Natalia.

I said, Sienna.

He said, Sietta.

I said, Denise.

He said, Derek.

We complained then he stormed out muttering words under his breath. I went out to the kitchen and saw him open a bottle of beer and chug nearly the whole drink.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He can't drink! He goes crazy when he drinks, he becomes an asshole when drinking.

"I'm having some sips of beer, relax." He waved it off as if it was nothing. I scoffed at him and crossed my arms above my chest.

"It's not just a drink! You get crazy when you're drunk! You nearly chugged the whole thing!" I was scared because I didn't like him drunk. He did terrible things when he used to drink.

"You act like I'm going to destroy everything!" He argued back.

"Well you do destroy everything!" I yelled back.

"Oh sorry that I'm not the perfect boy that you and your parents need Kenna!" He opened another bottle of beer and grabbed a cup from the cupboards. He poured the alcohol into the cup and gave the cup to me.

"Drink." He commanded me. I couldn't believe him!

"Are you insane?! I'm pregnant! I'm not drinking!" I pushed the cup back at him and he got pissed off.

"It's not going to hurt your precious baby. Just drink!" He shoved it back towards me and back and forth we argued. Finally, he pushed it towards me and I slapped it out of his hand. The alcohol spilled all over him and some on me. His face turned red and his face turned frustrated. 

"Matt." I whispered to him, so he can snap out of his anger trance. 

"You stupid bitch!" He brought his hand up and slapped. Hard. So hard that I fell backwards onto the ground. My face stung and for the first time since I met Matt, he hit me.

He. Hit. Me.

My heart broke because I thought he loved me. 

"Why would you hit me?! You love me! You don't hit the people you love!" I screamed at him with burning tears in my eyes. Stupid hormones.

"Oh please Kenna. Where did you think I was all that time while I was gone. I loved you, trust me! But I couldn't have sex with you anymore because you're pregnant. I have needs to be filled!" He yelled at me and was pulling onto his hair. I couldn't believe my ears.

"With who?" I whispered.

"What?" He asked.

"WITH WHO MATTHEW?!" All I saw was rage and red. I couldn't believe he did this to me.

"Jessica Walters." He mumbled. I didn't dare to yell at him to speak up because I heard him loud and clear. I rushed off of the floor and went to the living room. I grabbed my bag, keys, and phone then I ran towards the door with tears pouring down my face. 

"Kenna! Wait!" Matt screamed and jogged to the door. I turned around and glared at him with a cold deadly glare that I can muster up.

"Don't you dare say sorry." I seethed at him through my gritted teeth.

"Please." He begged, but I knew better.

"Screw you Matthew Connor." With that being said, I turned back around and slammed the door on my way out. I ran down the steps and walked. 

I didn't own a car and Matt has the keys to the car we have. I couldn't call Gina because it was already 3am. I cried on my way towards my parents house. My phone kept ringing from Matt, but I turned it off after 10 minutes of hearing it ring. I looked down at my big belly and wrapped my arms around it. Soothing my little girl inside of me.

"Daddy's an asshole." I whispered to her.

"But Mommy loves you so much." I smiled a little and kept on walking. I walked in the streets of the semi dark city with alcohol stench on my sun dress and a red hand print on my left cheek. I saw a bus bench and decided to sit on there and wait for a little while. For pregnant teenage girl, walking is a difficult task when you're 9 months pregnant.

As soon as I sat down my back started to hurt then to the bottom of my belly, I was cramping up. I felt a sharp pain in my spine and stomach. I felt so much pain. Then I heard something spilling. I looked down and saw water coming from my sun dress. Oh no. Not now! 

My water broke!

I was feeling the contractions already and gripped the edge of the bench. Tears were coming out of my eyes again and I grabbed my bag. I looked for my phone and turned it on. 

54 missed calls from Matt.

38 text messages from Matt.

I groaned when the pain struck me again and I swiped to the right on my phone. I pressed emergency call and dialed 911. It picked up immediately.

"911, what's your emergency?" A man answered and I breathed a sharp breath.

"Please...help me." I gasped and clutched onto the bench.

"Okay sweetie, what is your name? Come on honey, you gotta tell me your name in order to help you." He said in a calming voice.

"Kenna. Kenna Clara Charms." I gasped for more air when the pain struck harder.

"Hey! That sounds like Santa Clara!" I can tell that he was trying to lift up the mood, but that was not helping.

"Not helping!" I snapped at him.

"Sorry." He mumbled. What kind of emergency assistant is he?

"Look Bud." I gasped. "I am pregnant and sitting on a bus bench." I breathed harder this time. 

"And my water broke." I finished saying then I put the phone on speaker.

"Okay Kenna, are you on Saint Harbor and West Railroad?" He must've tracked my phone, but thank goodness for that.

"Yes. Yes I am." I groaned while a heartburn came upon me.

"Okay, Kenna. I am sending an Ambulance to you. Stay there and try to stay awake to the sounds of the sirens." He explained to me and I thanked him. I ended the call and unlocked my phone to call my parents. Instead, I pressed onto Gina's number by accident, but she already picked up.

"Kenna?" Her voice was groggily and raspy. I woke her up by accident. I groaned and she panicked. 

"Are you okay? What happened? Are you having period cramps?! Oh wait I'm stupid, you're pregnant. Wait! You're pregnant! Is it the baby?! What's wrong?!" I groaned again.

"I'm going to call Matt." She said carefully and I yelled at her not to because we're in a fight.

"My water broke. Just get to the hospital with my parents." I heard the sirens and I ended the call before hearing Gina's response.

The Ambulance came and hoisted me to the stretcher.They inserted needles and asked me questions concerning my health.

We rushed to the hospital and I was taken to the Maternity Ward and was in a hospital room with a machine recording my contractions and nurses giving me a medicated morphine into my spine so I don't feel my contractions and my birthing. 

After 30 minutes of being in there and waiting for the stupid medicine to sink in, which was going take a long while, Gina pushed passed nurses in my room and screamed on the top of her lungs." I FOUND KENNA!" 

The nurses tried to get her out, but I told them that she has to stay in with me and the same thing goes for my parents. My mother ran in and caressed my face. She had so much love in her eyes then it turned into confusion when she saw my left face.

"Kenna what is this?" She turned my face to the right and my father stepped to my left and examined my face.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard." My father seethed when he found Matt's handprint on my face. I hung my head low and had tears coming out of my eyes. I had to tell them. I tell them everything.

"He was drunk after an argument about her name and then he tried to get me to drink. I said no and I spilled the drink all over him and some on me, then he slapped me. I left right after." I looked up to see my mother with tears in her eyes and my father looked like he was going to murder someone. 

"Please don't tell him that I'm giving birth today. I don't want him to be here since he doesn't really want to be a father. Mom please!" I was crying and talking at the same time then at some point I had to stop talking because of the pain of the contractions.

"He cheated on me during my pregnancy." I whispered and my father and mother yelled at the same time. The morphine finally seeped into my contractions and the pain became less painful. I fell asleep with Gina holding my hand and saying soothing words to me. 

I could never trust Matt ever again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...
209K 4.4K 53
Guys I wrote this book around the age of 13. I am now 21, Married, I have two babies. I now realize how funny this book can be. I will be keeping the...
592K 7.6K 21
"I'm gay." My eyes grow so big as I stop breathing, but two seconds later I'm bursting with laughter. "Okay funny," I finally tone down my laugh as...
13.2K 224 15
I didn't mean to do it. I repeated that in my head over and over again. All the way down the stairs and into the living. I kept repeating it as I sat...