Coming Together ༄ Sirius Bla...

By rainyylovegood

A muggle-born Slytherin whose parents are terrified of her. A pureblood Gryffindor whose parents are disappoi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Sequel

Chapter Sixty

9.2K 344 98
By rainyylovegood

The sound of not-so-distant howling sent a terrifying shiver down Sirius' spine.

Remus was out.

Frozen in his spot, Sirius felt all of the colour drain from his face. There was no possible way that this was going to end well, and this was only the beginning. In an instant, the boy had morphed into his animagus from and was barrelling after James, deeper and deeper into the forbidden forest. Within a couple of minutes he heard the sound of conversation up ahead and a small white hummingbird whipped past his ear and shot in front of her through the trees.

"Ria!" Sirius hissed, staggering back to his human feet and nervously gripping the trees as he continued to stumble forwards. That's when he caught sight of the Slytherin girl, crouched on the ground beside James and both concealed behind large tree roots. Slowly, Sirius knelt down and crawled towards them, watching the clearing ahead.

There was a small, open space between the trees where a slither of moonlight managed to break through the vegetation to illuminate the floor.

Astoria glanced to her side to spot Sirius. The three Gryffindor students were huddled in the centre of the space all talking quietly between each other. Filch was pacing several metres away from them and muttering under his breath as Mrs. Norris weaved between his legs. Asteria reached for his arm and pointed ahead to the edge of the clearing where several dark silhouettes could be made out.

"That's them." Sirius' eyes widened in realisation.

Asteria glanced over at her two companions, "What do we do? Remus might be here soon." she warned.
James hesitated, "We can see the Death Eaters there. I don't think we should wait for them to make the first move; someone could get hurt."

"Wait... You called Moony, didn't you?" Sirius turned to Asteria with concern.
She grimaced, "I was hoping that hearing a howl would scare everyone off but apparently not. At least we can always use our animagus forms to control Remus if all hell breaks loose."

Sirius let out an exasperated sigh and ran his hand through his hair before turning to James,  "Probably better than anything we would've done." James reasoned.

Grumbling, Sirius reached into his pocket to pull out his wand.

"Who's there?" Filch whipped around to face their general direction and narrowed his eyes, "Better not be those ruddy sixth years!" he called out. The three Gryffindors also froze, moving quickly to shelter behind Filch.

Asteria inhaled sharply as her grip on Sirius' arm tightened, "Wh... at... do we do?" she whispered.
"I've lost sight of the Death Eaters." James panicked.

Leaning forward, Asteria silently pushed out her wand and whispered "Relashio." The jinx caused Filch to fly away from the lamp he had been holding. It smashed on the floor as he landed in a heap on the ground.

"What in Merlin's-Was it one of you?" Filch shrieked, turning on the young Gryffindor students that cowered in horror at what had happened to Filch.

"I only wish I could've done that. You're a genius!" Sirius laughed under a hushed tone, pressing a kiss to the corner of Asteria's mouth.

Asteria turned to James now, "Call Remus. He'll scare them away and you can control the werewolf in your animagus forms."
James only nodded in response before cupping his hand around his mouth and letting out a tremendous howl into the night sky.

"We better get out of here... But don't think I wouldn't like to see you all get devoured by a werewolf." Filch warned, clambering to his feet and hurriedly leading the way out of the clearing.
One of the young Gryffindors looked around, "And why exactly aren't we running away?" he complained frantically.

"W-where did the Death Eaters go?" Asteria mumbled, gripping the two boys either side of her as they all remained hidden behind one of the trees.

James turned to them, "I'll make sure Filch and the students get out of the forest safe. You two stay here and contain Remus. If anyone sees any sign of the Slytherins send up fireworks."
Asteria and Sirius nodded in response before James transformed into his animagus form and galloped out into the darkness.

All attention moved instantly to the figures that emerged from the edge of the shadows. Snape, Avery, Mulciber, Rosier, and Regulus Black stepped forward, all with their black hoods up and their menacing wands drawn.

"Regulus..." Sirius' confidence wavered slightly as he recognised his own younger brother stood opposing him.
Regulus nodded curtly, "Brother."

"You've ruined out chance to practice some curses. Guess you'll have to be our volunteers now." Avery sneered.
Mulciber  cackled, "It's just too good to be true."

Sirius moved in front of the girl, "Stay behind me." he warned sternly.

"Then you'll be the first to di-" Avery was caught off guard by a deafening howl.

A split second a rat scampered into the clearing, quickly transforming into the familiar shape of Peter Pettigrew, who stumbled to his feet before taking note of the situation around him.

"H-he's here!" Peter squealed, gripping onto Asteria and holding her body in front of him as some sort of shield.

"Wormtail!" Sirius frowned before transforming into his animagus form of a dog.

Rosier staggered backwards, "What on earth-"
"I knew it!" Snape sneered triumphantly as Regulus nodded knowingly.

It all happened in an instant. Suddenly.
The werewolf burst through the forest and bounded into the clearing. Letting out a ferocious roar the beast looked around at each individual dangerously. His sight locked on Avery as Remus snarled and narrowed his eyes.

"Stay still!" Asteria yelled at the Death Eater as Sirius ran towards the werewolf.

The dog and the werewolf collided midair, violently battling each other for control.

"Get out! Go now!" Asteria pushed in front of the other Slytherin students now, urging them to escape the Forbidden Forest as quickly as they could.

"I'd die before I gave up the chance to end you!" Avery exclaimed, raising his wand at Asteria.
Rosier pulled him back, "I'd rather survive the night to be honest." He whispered in Avery's ear.

"Don't be a coward." Avery retorted.

"I can easily escape that werewolf and leave you all here if you're not careful!" Asteria cried, watching Sirius attempt desperately to subdue the werewolf. In that moment, the werewolf picked up Sirius in its mouth and crashed him into the large trunk of a tree several metres away. The dog collapsed on the floor whimpering slightly.

"Sirius!" Asteria shrieked, turning to attend to the boy who had now transformed back into his human form and was groaning in a ball in the dirt. 

Avery roared, "Don't you dare!" he stepped forward, "Sectumsempra!"

"Protego!" Asteria cast the defensive charm in responsive and quickly attacked, "Expelliarmus!"

Avery's wand went flying backwards out of his grip into the dark. The boy in question let out a frustrated yell and looked around at the others, "Well don't just stand there! DO SOMETHING!"

During this, the werewolf had turned its attention from Sirius and was now slowly approaching the Slytherin students.

Snape has nervously raised his wand now as his whole body shook violently.

"S-sectumsempra!" he cast the curse towards the werewolf.

"Remus!" Asteria's knees buckled under her with shock as the spell flew towards the beast.

"Stupefy!"

To the surprise of everyone there, Lily Evans erupted from the darkness of the forest and into the clearing. Her flaming red hair flew about her as she jumped in front of the werewolf bravely.

Asteria tightened the grip on her wand and aimed at the werewolf now, "Patrificus Totalus!"

The werewolf clamped up, completely frozen in its spot as it hit the flood with a thud. Lily and Snape's spells had connected in the air as the two looked each other dead in the eye. Without any sign of fear, Lily raised her wand, separating the spells and sending them each flying up in different directions.

Asteria took this opportunity to send red fireworks out the end of her wand and up into the sky to bring James back to the scene of the action.

"Colloshoo!" Lily sent the jinx at Snape, biding his feet to the ground so he couldn't move or escape.

"Bombarda!" Mulciber attacked Lily, running towards her with his wand outstretched.

Asteria pushed Lily sideways to stand in her place, "Obliviate!"
Mulciber was thrown backwards and hit a tree trunk with huge force. A faint sound of his skull slamming against the wood could be heard.

"Stupefy!" James shot at Rosier, sending him also flying across the clearing into a heap on the floor.

Avery was stumbling back in an attempt to escape now as his wand was missing and his only other forms of defence had been rendered useless.

"Don't go anywhere." Lily warned, turning on Avery with her wand raised at him.

James caught sight of Sirius and then turned to Asteria, "Go make sure he's alright. We'll wipe their memories and hopefully they'll forget about that curse even existing." he explained.

Asteria nodded weakly and stumbled towards Sirius who remained on the ground. Her voice was hoarse as she knelt down beside him, "S-Sirius? Please... Are you okay?"

"F-fine and dandy... Could do with a kiss though." Sirius forced out a small smile as he rolled into his back to look up at Asteria.
"I'm going to have to kill you." She exhaled holding her hands on either side of his face, "I thought you were seriously injured."

"I think I'll be fine after having a nap." he chuckled slightly and Asteria leant down to press a gentle kiss to his forehead.

James turned to Lily after obliviating the last of the Death Eater's memories of the night. "How did you know we were down here?" he questioned.
Lily turned from where the Slytherins were now unconscious on the ground and answered "Well you told me what was going on tonight. I figured you'd come out here and do something to stop it. It's a good thing I came down or Remus could very well have died."

"Guess we should really have invited you along. I just didn't think it'd be safe." James reasoned.
Lily scoffed, "That's exactly the reason you should have told me."

"Sorry." James muttered.

"What was that?"
"S-sorry." he practically whispered.

"I never thought I'd ever hear you apologise." Lily started to smile.
"Only for you, love."

"Merlin's beard, never mind you really are an idiot." she rolled her eyes.

Peter stepped forward out of the shadows now, "Is it time to go back to the castle?"

The friends all laughed lightly as they climbed back to their feet, grateful to have survived the night. Except one thing was missing.

Asteria's mouth fell open, "Where did Regulus go?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 5.1K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...
120K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
2.1K 14 40
Everybody is shocked when Olivia arrives at Hogwarts during the 5th year. No one seems to know anything about her, except Dumbledore. And many want t...
185 18 15
In the enchanting world of magic, where wands cast spells, and owls deliver life-changing letters, Willow embarks on a journey that will challenge he...