Waiting For My Mate

Da Veikari

Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he wou... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
The Last Chapter
little update

Chapter 27

7.8K 206 133
Da Veikari

"I see something green."

"Bicks, no. We are not going to play that game."

They were sitting on a top of a carriage that moved on along the road. It was a really big car with lots of luxurious furnitures, like a small house moving on wheels. Freed was really glad their client had his own drivers since obviously Laxus couldn't drive, Freed and Ever had never driven car this big and none of them would want Bickslow behind the wheel in this thing.

Their journey started early in the morning and they should arrive at their destination around 11 o'clock at night. It was a long time to stay awake and alert all the time but it was their job.

"How are you doing?" Freed asked and looked at Laxus who was behind him.

He used every spell he knew that could possibly help ease Laxus' motion sickness. But still the blond dragon slayer could do nothing more than lay down, eyes shut and try to focus just listening the music from his headphones. Problem was that the more Freed used his spells, less they worked every time. Soon he needed to come up with something else.

"Just... Don't force me to stand up and I will be fine..." Laxus slurred and his face started to go green in the second he opened his mouth.

"He's going to puke", Freed said quickly and Bicks stood up. "Go fetch something, a bucket or a towel."

"Gotcha!" Bicks said and he opened the trapdoor on the roof and disappeared.

"Laxus, roll over, get near the edge", Freed instructed and tried to move Laxus. But it was really hard, it was like the dragon slayer had sunk his nails in to the roof to prevent himself from being moved.

"Gonna throw up if I move", he snarled annoyed.

"You can't puke here on the roof", Freed said and panted when he finally managed to move Laxus even a little bit. "If you have to, do it in the bucket or over the edge."

"Urkh..."

"Laxus! Just try to endure it!" the swordsman said worried. He didn't want to end up sitting rest of the journey in the roof that was covered with Laxus' vomit! "You can hold it!" he encouraged and patted blond hair softly.

"Hmm... That feels nice..." Laxus suddenly muttered and the tenseness in his body loosened a little.

"What? Me touching your hair?" Freed asked surprised.

"Yeah... It's really relaxing..."

"Does it help with your motion sickness?"

"Mmhmm..."

Freed smiled a little. Well if it helped that was really good. Suddenly Laxus lifted his arms and grabbed Freed's waist putting his head on his lap.

"Yeah, this is good", the lightning mage murmured eyes shut. "This is really good."

"No more feeling nauseous?" Freed chuckled and he kept tangling his slender fingers through short blond hair.

"Just sleepy."

"Then you should sleep. My runes will alert us if someone tries to attack."

"Yeah..." Laxus yawned and like that he was already snoring.

The trapdoor opened and Bickslow hopped up with a bucket in his hands.

"It's okay, he's sleeping", Freed whispered.

"Did you knock him out?" Bicks snickered looking at their boss who snuggled tightly against Freed in his sleep. His mate's scent and touch somehow helped his horrible motion sickness so there was no way he would let go even for a second while they were moving.

"Didn't have to, it seems like this helps him to relax", Freed smiled and kept softly caressing Laxus' hair. "How is Evergreen doing?"

"She says the old man is boring but not pervert so it's okay", Bicks said. "Maybe he wanted you in there with him instead her", he grinned.

"Bicks, not everyone is as perverted as you are."

"He's filthy rich, he has enough money to be as perverted as he wants."

"I can only imagine how horrible you would be if you could have all that money..."

"Nah, it wouldn't then be funny anymore, not for me anyway", Bicks said what surprised Freed. "It's not challenging."

"You wouldn't also get hit in the face by stuff", Freed chuckled.

"It would get really boring really fast", Bicks shrugged. "Yeah, it would be cool to have enough money to buy whatever you want and you could bribe anyone no matter what you do. But only like a while, then it just gets boring."

"I understand what you're saying", Freed nodded scratching behind Laxus' ear making the mighty Thunder God purr in his sleep like an oversized house cat. "Money loses it's value if you have it too much. When you don't have money that much and can only sometimes afford something special to yourself, it feels ten times better than if you could buy it anytime you want", he smiled. "And of course there are things that money can't give to you."

"Aww, you sound so sappy", Bicks snorted. "But yeah, I know."

"By the way, how is your training working out? All this morning have been so quiet but I'm guessing you didn't actually leave your dolls at home?"

"Nope, they are resting at my backpack", Bicks grinned. "Cana has been helping us a lot! But poor things are really worn out so I use them only if necessary."

"Good idea", Freed praised. "Are you going to tell us what you've been training?"

"Sorry baby", Bicks laughed. "It's not yet ready to be used in battles or anything but we're starting to get a hang of it."

Carriage kept driving all day and Bickslow and Freed had to eat at the roof, while Ever could eat with their client inside the luxurious carriage. Laxus wasn't going to eat even a crumble of food while they were moving. They finally stopped at the dinnertime, their only stop since they had to change drivers. Laxus was more than thankful since they had a change to have a one hour break and it was the only time he could actually eat something.

"You guys go and grab something to eat, I will stay and keep my runes on", Freed said to others as he was standing in front of the door of the carriage. Their client refused to step outside even for a second. Bicks and Laxus were sure he was just a big ass snob who felt like he was better than the mere commoners here in this village.

"You should eat something too", Laxus said. "And you've been keeping your rune barriers up since early this morning."

"I'm not using a complete shield, only one larger that alerts us if someone approaches with mean intentions and one that prevents anyone else but us or our client to open the doors or windows from this carriage."

"That's still pretty much and we still have like seven hours to go", Ever reminded.

"I know you guys will take care of fighting the enemy off if necessary", Freed smiled. "You can bring me something on your way, I can eat once we start moving again."

"Maybe one of us should stay just in case", Bickslow suggested. "I vote for Ever."

"Why me?" Ever shouted.

"You've had it easy the whole way. You just sit there inside while we have to sit on the roof."

"Just go, I'll be fine", Freed assured before fight erupted. "Just remember to be back in one hour."

Finally Laxus, Bickslow and Evergreen all leaved to find food and Freed sighed, leaning his back against the carriage. Seven hours and this job would be over. They could sign in the hotel rooms that were promised for them, all expenses covered and also get some pocket money what to spent. Of course Freed already demanded that they would use most of the money for their budget. That way they had all bills covered at least for two months again.

Freed opened his eyes when he heard moving and he quickly snapped his spine straight and turned towards the window.

"Sir, is something wrong?" he asked when the window slid open. Their client was an old man, maybe some kind of a businessman. He was bald, small and had a long beard.

"No, nothing is wrong my good boy", old man replied. "Where did your teammates go?"

"They left to find something to eat now that we had to stop, but I will assure you nothing will happen, sir", Freed promised. "And they are not far away, they will arrive here in seconds if necessary."

"It's okay. My, you really are handsome aren't you? Not like those two others, one with a big scar and the other one using a helmet."

"Thank you for your compliments, sir, but I would prefer if you wouldn't say something like that about my friends", Freed said and fought back so he wouldn't say how their client wasn't exactly a model himself.

"Are you thirsty?" the old man asked moving to the next topic just like that. "Staying all the time on guard must be really harsh."

"I have nothing to complain, sir. It wouldn't be appropriate for me to leave my stance. I can wait until my teammates return."

"Oh, come on now young man. Does it matter do you stand there outside or sit here inside? You can notice if someone tries to sneak in, won't you?" old man chuckled.

Freed felt a little bit uneasy, he was not sure how he should act in this kind of situation. Would it really be appropriate to go inside? He was just offering him a drink...

Finally, but a little hesitant he stepped in the carriage and looked around. It really was like a tiny little palace. Comfortable leather covered couches, big lacrimavision, beautiful hand carved mahogany table and even a bookshelf.

"What do you like my little car?" old man asked and walked on the fridge.

"It is spectacular, sir", Freed praised. "You have and admirable collection of Drigale Armarus' books."

"Ooh, you have good eyes", old man chuckled and brought a glass of juice for Freed. "So you read old classics?"

"Yes, sir", Freed nodded and sipped from the glass.

"We have something in common then, please do sit down. Miss Evergreen was not that interested talking about these things", man chuckled while sitting down and Freed sat on the other couch. "So tell me who is your favourite writer, mister...?"

"Justine, sir."

"Justine? Now that brings back memories, I remember when I was a young man and I went to the opera for the first time there was this beautiful prima donna, Ophelia Justine."

"Um... yeah... I have heard of her, she was the jewel of her time."

"Yes, she was magnificent. Many men tried to ask her out but all of them were turned down. Drigale Armarus is one of my favourite playwrights and she is my favourite actor for the lead role of most of his plays."

"I have heard rumours that Mister Armarus actually wrote those plays just for her", Freed said with a little smile.

"Yes, we all have. There are many kinds of rumours about those two and how they knew each other."

It was kinda nice, Freed didn't that often meet others with same interests in books as him so it was really refreshing to talk about all the writers, plays and so on with someone who actually was interested. Hmm... Maybe he could try to persuade Laxus to go see an opera play with him. Who knows, maybe he might even like it? He did listen lots of different music after all.

"I should return to my place outside the carriage", Freed finally said. "Thank you, it has been really nice talking with someone who also appreciates good classics."

"It has been my pleasure, mister Justine", old man chuckled. "So you and your team are going to spend your time in the town the whole three days?"

"Yes, sir."

"That is really good to hear. Maybe I could ask you to join me at the opera tomorrow evening?" old man asked and Freed raised his eyebrow. "It's my treat of course. It would be a delight to share -"

"I'm sorry, but I have to say no", Freed stated politely standing up. "We have plans with our team and since everything is already agreed it would be rather rude from me to not follow the plan."

"It is an opening night of the Dance With the Swords", old man said with a tiny mischievous gleam in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, sir", Freed apologized. "I really can't."

"You are a dutiful one, aren't you?" man chuckled. "That is an admirable quality in a young handsome man like you", he said and that tone made shivers run down Freed's spine. "You know, I really do like your company, maybe you would like to switch places with Miss Evergreen for the rest of the journey?"

"No, sir. I'm perfectly comfortable up on the roof", greenette assured. And Laxus needed him there.

"I see... I was hoping we could have spent more time together. I of course would make sure it's all worth your time."

"I have my job and that I must complete, sir. I cannot slip from my duties."

"I could even double your salary from this job."

"Double?" Freed asked confused. "From me sitting here talking about the opera and books?"

"Sure, sure. And I could offer you a better room in the hotel too. A luxurious suite even if you want. You know, I'm spending my time in that very same hotel, maybe we could speak more in there?"

"Like hell you will", they heard low snarl from the door and Freed jolted looking at Laxus. "The fuck are you doing?"

"Laxus, I just -" Freed started but Laxus just talked over:

"I didn't mean you, I was talking to that old fart", blond growled.

"Laxus! Be polite for the client!"

"He's an old pervert", Laxus snapped. "I don't need to be polite for someone who's trying to seduce my mate. Get your ass over here, Justine. None of us will accompany that bastard in that carriage anymore", blond growled looking at the old man who was suddenly tiny and scared, trembling on his couch.

Freed huffed and stepped out of the carriage to Evergreen and Bickslow who looked serious.

"B-but... I hired you to do this job", old man stuttered quickly.

"Yeah, but then you started to harass one of our teammates, our friend and my boyfriend", Laxus growled and he gave the old man an ice cold glare. "We have no reason to accompany you to save your petty little ass if someone tries to rob you."

"Are you sure, Laxus? If we leave this job that wouldn't leave a good image of the Fairy Tail", Freed reminded and Laxus stared at him for a moment.

"Man you're too dutiful for your own good", he finally grumbled. "Triple our salary and we get three suites on the hotel where you are NOT going to stay", the dragon slayer said looking at the old man.

"That's outrageous!" old man yelled.

"Then rotten here in this village, I don't give a fuck. Let's go", Laxus said and turned around.

"Fine! Fine..." they heard when they were starting to walk away.

"And I will take that on a paper", Laxus said. "So you can't deny everything when we arrive at the town."

When everything was done they climbed back on the roof, all four of them this time.

"What an ass", Ever hissed irritated. "Actually trying something that low."

"No one from Fairy Tail would never sell themselves like that", Bicks said and Freed was still a little bit confused.

"He wanted to talk about books and opera", he said. "Not that I was going to accept his offer."

"You dense dumbass", Laxus growled his head again on Freed's lap. "He was trying to seduce you to be his handsome little toy boy he could parade around."

"W-w-what?" Freed stammered and he blushed deeply. "No he wasn't!"

"Oh, honey", Bicks chuckled. "He totally wanted to be your sugar daddy."

"S-sugar..."

"You're so naive and innocent in these things, sweetie", Ever sighed hugging Freed. "How on earth are you still alive?"

"You're seriously gonna get yourself raped at this rate", Laxus snarled looking at Freed who didn't know what to say. "You should at least learn when someone is trying to woo you so you can turn them down at once."

"I can't help it, it's not like it happens that often", greenette finally said voice still shaking.

"Man, we have saved your ass more often than you even understand", Bicks cackled. "All those women and men who have been drooling after you or trying to flirt with you but you just don't get it."

"It can't be helped, he can only see Laxus", Ever chuckled. "He knew Rufus was after him only because he was aware it was a date."

"Don't remind me about that douchebag", Laxus muttered.

"But seriously, Freed. Someday it might be someone who will not take a polite no as an answer once you have followed them too far", Evergreen said.

"I can defend myself", Freed muttered. "And I have no intentions to follow anyone who I don't know, I'm not a child."

"We know baby, but who knows what could happen", Bicks grinned.

"Just don't trust too much", Laxus said shutting his eyes. "And if you feel uneasy even a little bit, just leave."

"I can't do that just like that."

"Yes you can if you don't feel safe."

Freed sighed dropping his head in shame. Was he really acting that foolishly? Making his own teammates and friends to take care of him like some little kid? He should be the captain here, dammit!

"Don't feel so bad", Ever smiled. "You're our dear little brother and Laxus' mate, we just wanna take care of you. You would take care of us if the tables were turn."

"Of course I'm really grateful for all of you", Freed assured with a little smile. "I was just hoping that I wasn't such a burden."

"You're not", Bickslow smiled. "No one in the Thunder Legion is a burden. We all have our own flaws, but we stick together so we can help each other to make sure nothing bad happens."

"For once Bickslow is absolutely right", Ever laughed.

Freed smiled and they kept talking, while Laxus drifted off to sleep. Rest of the journey they did not hear a peep from the carriage and that was good.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

75.4K 2.3K 108
A young mage who was hunted in the past for her magic, joins the Fairytail guild as a last resort to her finally finding happiness. Will Fairytail fi...
27.9K 683 9
Fairy tail, the strongest guild in Fiorè and magnolia Freed always adore Laxus from afar and dreams to be with him. Even knowing that Laxus will neve...
382K 8.2K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...
2K 84 13
Laxus Dreyar is realizing things, but Freed is already over him. Or is he?