Hey, Pretty Stranger (Todorok...

By ari_todorokidoki

As a Pre-Med student with a practical quirk, your life seemed so clear and unwavering, until one fateful day... More

Ehh...Just Walk It Off
Kinda Kidnapping, but Not Really
Revelation
See You Around
A Case of the Doki Doki's
Playing with Fire
Date With Destiny
Death By Fangirls (End)

Spit It Out

2.8K 111 90
By ari_todorokidoki

Summary: Talking to the victims of your candy-cane companion's little icy outburst, you coordinate a plan to wiggle your friend of of his legal issue. Unfortunately, it involves having the fiery, passive aggressive ice block actually apologize to the male trio. After a while of convincing and couple of stubborn apologies, Shouto and (y/n) obtain new problems: weird feelings that keep poking them like an annoying bug. Will they work out their wonky dynamic, or will it be another round of awkward silence and mutual pinning?  Also, Jealous Todo owo 

Author's Note: After a big while, I finally added another chapter.. Haha sorry for the lack of posting and the smaller chapter, but i'be just been kind busy with back to school stuff. Nonetheless, hope you reader-chans enjoy the update.  Also, if you're into more comedy moreso than slowburn, check out my other work Mix Up Mayhem, where all class 1A gets hit with a villian's quirk that scrambles all their powers and personalities. You, dear reader, are placed with the challenge of baby sitting these dysfunctional teens. Pair up with your bnh fav, and brave the week. On a side note, THANKYOUSOMUCHFORALLYOURSUPPORTIVECOMMENTS,IREALLYAPPRECIATETHEM!!

<3, Ari

Drip...drip (lmao what)

Slick droplets crashed onto the cold cement, microscopic bubbles exploding upon impact. The violent splashing of puddles, someone barreling through, the rhythmic pitter patter of running harmoniously intertwining. Opaque puffs of steam slowly disparate into the cool wintry air, various gasping and panting joining in. The water, dropping like a dagger, the footsteps of a frantic sprinter, the heavy breaths, straining for air melodiously intermingle into the grim symphony of anguish.

A shadow turns the corner, the water stops. Now there's ice. The escapist grinds his teeth, wincing at the pain, chilling crystals creeping up his arm...his neck, nipping and biting like a rabid animal.

The ice crumbles. The shadow resumes the hunt.

Running now. Faster Faster, but the scenery looks the same. Why is the hallway getting longer? Ominous towers of brick rise, all hopes of escaping rapidly diminishing.

Need a light, warmth: a fire...but nothing, the darkness engulfs the flame. There's nothing to be seen, only the sounds of frantic running, heavy breathing, and water...

Nothing to be felt, only the biting of cool ice, and the throbbing cries of the body. Something snags, panicked scraping, scratching, grabbing. Instead, the runner crashes to the ground, like a frigid droplet.

On the rugged concrete, crimson fluid flows from the corpse mingling with the dirty puddle water, like watercolor. He tries, strives to lift himself up, but alas the limps have reached their limit. Mustering the strength to lift a blood face, weary eyes scan the area.

No one... Nothing

The shadow peels from the darkness, globs of viscous black liquid gradually molding into a grotesque figure; mangled muscles, deadly spikes, a menacing smile.

Closer closer, The thing creeps, but alas the body is a it's limit.

Silence: no pitter patter of the footsteps, no strained gasps or pants, no tiny water droplets exploding onto the concrete.

No one in sight, no one in reach, just the menacing grin of the unfortunate

......

"AH", Stormy grey and electric blue snapped open... A white popcorn ceiling, streaks of sunlight peeping through the grey curtains. Anxious pants accompanied the usually chirping of the birds and howling of the early morning breeze. Stormy grey and electric blue squeezed shut, an arm, reaching up to wipe the numerous beads of sweat suspended on a ghostly pale face. "A dream", the escapist muttered, slowly lifting a drenched torso with a sore groan. Turning his two-toned head, he gazed at the slate drapes, the warm yellow sunrays pouring in. Next, he examined the damp pearls covering his arm. Normally, the icy-hot hero would use his quirk to regulate this body, but the intensity of the scenario must have scrambled the body's mechanics. Gracefully, the bi-colored boy leaned back, plopping onto the plush futon with an audible sigh. The damp arm reached for his face again, shielding his heterochronic orbs from the bright lights.

DING

A familiar text tone cut into the dramatic silence. The dual haired hero shifted onto his side, pulling the black box from its charger to inspect the early morning message.

(L/n) (F/n): Good Morning Shouto! Sorry to wake you from your much-needed rest, but I talked to victims about the case. Turns out they're HUGE Endeavor fans, and they said they wouldn't press charges if you got them a couple authentic signatures.

(L/n) (F/n): and an apology.

(L/n) (F/n): Fortunately, we all have Immunology together in the afternoon, so if you're free today (which you should be if you're resting properly) it would be a great time to swing by the campus to clean up this mess once and for all.

(L/n) (F/n): I'll send you the location, once I figure out a specific time. I'm counting on you to step up, Hero. Hope to see you then! d(=^・ω・^=)b

A frigid cloud escaped Shouto's lips, as he rolled back onto his spine, uninjured arm flinging onto the pillows with a loud pompf.

"(f/c)", he murmured into a cold breath. He hated to admit it, but she was right. Attacking civilians without warning like that out of animosity was a poor decision, downright villainous. Warily resembling the emotional abuse from .... Also, having a lawsuit like this go public, would greatly damage his image as a pro-hero, even if the victims were major grade A dirtbrains and totally deserved it for trash talking you.

Nonetheless, you were counting on him. Counting on him to bite down his pride and be the bigger person. To not become like his scumbag father.

Shouto looked at his phone once more. 8:14 am. The groggy lump of two-toned bedhead grumbled in irritation, lazily shifting around in the comforts of his bed.

Why was apologizing so hard?!

Timeskip 2:45pm

Pastel grey and blue glanced down once more at the glowing screen, comparing the digital map to the real-life scenery of the Tokyo Medical School Campus. Turning the corner, he spotted a familiar cluster of (hair length) (h/c) hair, a bundle of light blue wool comfortably wrapped around your neck.

"Shouto!", you called out to the obvious clump of bi-colored bangs, strolling around the campus grounds. Dressed in an oversized white sweater and a pair of thick black leggings, brown combat boots, and knit crème leg warmers that bunched at your ankles, little specks of snowfall dusting your rosy cheeks and nose, the refreshing sight of you in casual clothing added another depth of cuteness that, according to tinges of pink dusting our half-half hero, did not go unnoticed.

The half-half hero contently approached you, burying his face into his own scarf in attempts of hiding his blush. "Hello (y/n)", he mumbled through the fabric.

"You got the stuff?", you bounced up at the emotionless semi-redhead.

"Unfortunately, yes", Shouto begrudgingly pulled out three glossy Endeavor prints, scribbles of black ink peeking out from the bottom right corner.

"Great! They're all waiting inside", you appraised your grouchy companion, leading him into an empty lecture hall,

Before entering the room, you turned to Shouto, your noses inches away from collision, "Just a quick 'I'm Sorry', and the autographs, got it?"

"...yeayea...", Shouto peevishly mumbled, averting his eyes from your determined glance.

Stepping into the room, you instantly whipped back around, half of your body in the lecture hall and the other half sticking out the door, "And No Ice!"

"no ice", he monotonously repeated.

"Or Fire!", you promptly added, popping you head back through the door frame

"...or fire", the normally indifferent boy, huffed, lips pursed, and cheeks slightly puffed in irritation

By God, were you sure this man child was really one year older than you?

"Hey Guys!", you cheerfully greeted the previous male trio, attempting to start things off on the right foot. Unfortunately, behind your bubbly façade, a malicious purple aura grew around the bi-colored boy. He strolled through the door, shooting daggers at the male trio. To any non-Todoroki, it felt like the room temperature dropped a couple degrees.

The brunette nervously whispered to his friend, "Isn't he supposed to apologize to us, not try to murder us again?"

The friend replied, "I don't know man, but whatever he's doing is freaking me out"

Sensing the invisible tension in the room, you turned around to see a malevolent scowl plastered on the pretty boy's face.

"Hey! Stop that", you scolded, smacking the back of your candy-cane companion's neck, like a trainer disciplining a disobedient kitten.

Shouto relinquished the intimidating aura, stubbornly averting his eyes from the male trio.

"Here", he spat out, handing each of the victims an autographed Endeavor print.

Each of them hesitantly grabbed the glossy paper, admiring the signed merchandise with subtle excitement.

Sliding your hands onto your waist, you shifted your weight to the side, sticking your hip out as you leaned forward to confront a pouty Shouto.

"Anything else you would like to say to these innocent civilians?", you prodded.

Shouto clenched his fists, pausing to gather self-control, before speaking.

"I apologize for calling you assholes"

"And...", you prompted.

"almost freezing you to death"

"And..."

"encasing your laptops in blocks of ice"

"wait what"

"Now!", you cheerfully and decisively interjected, "Are well all settled?" You looked at both the victims and the Shouto "Are we all good?"

The three male med students examined their flame hero signatures, then the popular ikemen pro-hero submissively bowing in apology to them.

"Yeaaahh, I guess so", one of them initiated.

"Great!", you chirped, moving over to the bi-colored boy, still bent over, to push him back out the door.

You called to your batchmates, "Class starts in 5 minutes. I'll join you guys once I show Shouto out-"

Two feet from the door, you heard another voice from behind.

"I.it was't completely his fault you know", the third person timidly spoke.

"Yeah", the brunette chimed in, "we were talking bad about you, and that guy was just trying to defend you"

"...by almost killing us", one of the victims mumbled, earning a couple jabs from his friends.

You sighed, walking back to your classmates, "I know; Shouto told me. And besides, I kinda expected it, being in med school with a medical quirk" Looking up at the taller figures, you clenched your fists close to your heart. "We're all med students shooting for the same goal, right? So let's just support each other until the end! Okay?", you beamed a blinding smile up at the male trio, causing them wince and tear up at your intense earnestness as well as your extreme adorableness.

"(YY/NN)-CHAANN", the male trio cried out, throwing themselves into your sweater clad arms.

"O...our c..class", you stammered out, engulfed in the sea of emotional adults.

Your head spun from lack of air, the suffocating group hug, slowly dimming the overhead lights. Suddenly, you felt a strong arm, yank you from the grasps of the male trio. Instantaneously, you were pulled into a broad chest, one arm gripping your wrist, and another bandaged one wrapped around you protectivity. You blinked twice in astonishment, feeling yourself sink into the comforting warmth of your Soulmate's embrace.

"Let's go, (y/n)", the icy-hot hero aggressively announced, guiding your smaller from out the lecture hall door, through the hallway, and out the main exit.

"See ya later!", you called out to your classmates as your candy-cane companion dragged you through the building.

He was fine seeing you talk to your co-workers and such, but as soon as those douchcanoes touched you, he had this strange feeling of irritation poking at him. He hated seeing them experience your cute, bubbly side and wide smile. He hated seeing them refer to you so casually. Even worse, he hated seeing them remotely try to hug you, like that.... Why was he so angry?

"ah, S..Shouto. Here's fine", you said before your two-toned companion could drag you further away from your class.

Your sweet voice snapped him out of his perplexing anger, prompting him to quickly release his grasp on you. Gently rubbing your wrist, you looked up at those gorgeous pastel orbs, feeling the red flush to your face.

"Thank you so much", You flashed the sincerest smile you could "I'm really proud of you for doing that."

In your perspective, you were just thanking the guy who made your life a whole lot easier (assault charge free), but to Shouto, you were absolutely radiant. Face slightly flushed and full of joy, the sunlight peeking out from the grey clouds reflected against the snowflakes making it look as if you were actually sparkling.

"Are you sure you aren't an angel?", the bi-colored boy stoically asked, leaning in to get a closer look.

"Pfft", you laughed, playfully pushing his face away, earning a small smile from the indifferent hero.

Unsuspectedly, a glowing red string formed on your pinky, the festive light leading to the very hand of the man in front of you. Both of you looked down at the string, then each other, soaking in a round of contemplative silence. Swallowing hard, you backed away from your soulmate, causing the crimson light to fade into the white snowfall.

"I...I better head you class", you stammered, promptly spinning around to take your leave back into the warm building.

"Wait", your candy-cane companion called out, "Can we go out for dinner again tomorrow?"

You clenched your fists, "Sorry, I have lab all day"

"How about the day after?"

You pressed harder, nails ruthlessly digging into your soft hands maybe enough to draw blood, "I'm working the graveyard shift at the hospital"

"oh"

"Hey", you felt drops of blood pool in to your palms, "I might be free sometime next week. I'll text you about it when I find out okay"

"o..okay"

"Bye Shouto", you said, opening the large metal door, and stepping into the beige building.

"Goodbye (y/n)", the icy-hot hero calmly replied, gently waving at the closing door.

Marching through the hallway, up the stairwell to your immunology lecture hall, you couldn't shake the bittersweet thoughts and complex emotions colliding with your entire state of being.

Was this really okay?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 259 35
In almost every way, you and Todoroki are opposites. Your families. Your quirks. Your lives. At first glance, nothing about you is the same. Does th...
129K 3.2K 16
DISCONTINUED In a universe where each person is born knowing an original melody, a song that no one else knows but their soulmate. Y/N L/N is a girl...
342K 7.5K 19
"Listen Y/N, you're mine and only mine, you got that?" You nod helplessly, Shouto's hands pinning you to the wall, his gaze burning into you. Desire...
7.3K 109 15
It's been about 6 years since you've left Japan because your father scored an official hero job in America. Now, thanks to your uncle, you are return...