A Girl Like You // D. Swing [...

By OfficiallyJayx

Copyright © 2018 by OfficiallyJayx All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduce... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Q&A
A Girl Like You II~ prolouge + cast list + soundtrack
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Long overdue Author's note

Chapter 8

2.9K 131 222
By OfficiallyJayx

Journey Hayes

I stepped into the living room and saw Brenda dead asleep on the couch as an old re-run of the 700 club played on the television.

I grabbed the remote off of the couch and plopped down on the love seat and switched it to 'Yo! MTV Raps'

"I was watching that."

"You were just dead asleep."

"I wasn't sleep, I was resting my eyes." I sighed and changed it back to the 700 club before standing up and going into the kitchen.

She needed to hurry up and take her ass home. What was supposed to be a weekend, turned into damn near a whole week and honestly, I was sick of her.

She was always in my business and she always had some shit to say. Especially regarding Donald and I. She felt the need to include her input in shit that didn't have anything to do with her.

She gone make me snatch that nappy ass wig off of her head.

While I raided the fridge, the phone started to ring and I went ahead and answered it before her nosey ass could.

"Hello?"

"Hey, JJ. Um, your school sent a letter over here to Sunny's and I figured you might wanna know what it was about," Quinita says on the other line.

"Could you open it up and read it for me please?" I hear some rustling and sounds of paper ripping before she sighs heavily.

"Okay, let's see... Dear Ms. Hayes, we are sending this letter to inform you that move in day is September 9th.." She continues to read the letter and I sighed, facepalming myself.

September 9th was too soon. I was enjoying my time here at home and things were starting to get better and better between Donald and I and I'd only have two more weeks to cherish and value that.

"Hello? JJ?"

"Yeah, I'm here, Ma. Um... thanks for calling and letting me know." I spoke into the phone.

"No problem- I'm talking to your sister do you wanna say hello?" I smiled at the sound of Wesley's voice in the background. "JJ, your brother wants to speak with you."

"Put him on the phone," I smiled. I heard a bit of shuffling before I heard his voice. "Hey sis."

"Hey, Wes! How's everything going?" I asked. "Everything is great! Mom and Sunny took me shopping earlier, then we got ice cream and I went to go play basketball with Maxwell, then we went to the arcade and we just got back a little bit ago." I smiled at the excitement in his voice.

"Well, that sounds like a great time. You know I'll be back out there in two weeks," I said and he went silent on the other line for a few moments. "Wes?"

He sighs heavily, "At this point, you need to drop out because I'm tired of you leaving us," He says and I laughed, shaking my head. "I know, Wes, but I'm going to try to come back soon, though,"

"For good?"

"For good." I confirmed.

Before either of us could say anything, the line clicked and I pulled the phone away and took a glance at the caller ID and saw that Donald was calling me. "Wesley, I'm gonna call you later, okay?"

"Nigga you know you not about to call me back, not tonight at least," He says and I chuckled "I love you too," I ended the call and answered Donald's.

"Took you long enough to answer the damn phone," He says and I smacked my lips, rolling my eyes. "I was on the phone with Wesley, jerk." He chuckles and a small smile played on my face.

"Anyways, what you doing?" He asks and I let out a long exasperating sigh. "Nothing. Why don't you come and save me from my misery?" I asked, resting my chin in the palm of my hand.

"That's why I called you. I'll be there in about twenty minutes so go ahead and get ready and shit." A smile formed on my face and I sat up straight, turning on my heels to walk towards my room. "Alright, I'll see you when you get here."

"Alright, baby."

Once our call was ended, I slid out of my lounging clothes and threw on a presentable outfit before fixing my hair and adding a few accessories. About time I was finished getting ready, he had pulled up and I was beyond ready to go.

I exited my bedroom and started to head out but of course, Brenda had to start asking questions before I could get out of the door. "Where are you going at this time of night?" She asks. "Out. I'll be back later." With that, I exited the house and made my way towards his car.

He reached over and opened the door for me so I could get in. I got inside and got comfortable before shutting my door and turning to face him. "Hey babe." I leaned in for a kiss but right before my lips could touch his, he turned his head and I end up kissing his cheek.

I smacked my lips as he laughed. I began pouting and he started to tease me, "Aww, you mad at me baby? Hm?" He leaned towards me and I scrunched up my face, staring at him. "You're not funny."

"I'm not?" He stared directly at me with his bottom lip embedded between his teeth along with a small smirk. "Ugh! You get on my nerves!" I whined as I laughed and he chuckled, leaning closer and pecking my lips multiple times.

"So, what are we about to do?" I asked as he pulled away from the curb and sped down the street. "Grab something to eat then we're gonna probably chill at the cliff."

We spent our time together doing the most simple things and I enjoyed the hell out of it because I was doing it with him.

"Sounds good." I reached over and rested my hand on the nape of his neck, running my fingers over the tapered part of his neck. "I missed you." He smiled and reached over, grabbing my thigh. "I missed you too, babe. But, I have to tell you something," I said and he glanced between me and the road.

"What's going on?" He asked and I sighed heavily. "I'm leaving in two weeks." His eyebrows slightly furrowed as he continued to stare at the road.

A mildly uncomfortable silence captivates us and all I could do was stare at him and desperately anticipate a response.

"When'd you find out?" He asks, glancing over at me. "I found out tonight. Like, right before you called. Quin called and told me I got a letter and she read it for me."

"So what now? We're just supposed to cut this whole thing off and wait for it to pick uo whenever you come back?" He asks. "Not necessarily... I mean, I feel like we could work it out long distance then once I finally transfer second semester, everything will be the same." He scoffs and releases a chuckle, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"And what makes you so sure that you'll get transferred?" He stops at a red light and glances over at me, cracking his knuckles. "I'm not sure but I'm hoping that I can. Why do you have to be so pessimistic about it?"

"I'm not being pessimistic about it. I'm just sayin'. You're making all these future plans and you're not even certain that shit will work out that way." I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat, folding my arms over my chest.

"Okay, Donald." He smacks his lips and exhales heavily.

At this point, the only thing that could be heard was the music softly playing from his stereo and the both of us remained silent until we arrived at the restaurant.

Once the car is parked, he pulls the key out of the ignition before hopping out and coming over to my side of the car, opening the door for me.

I got out of the car and began walking towards the entrance until he grabbed my arm, putting a halt to my walking.

He sits on the hood of his car and he pulls me closer to him. "You not going in there with your face all turned up and shit." I crossed my arms over my chest and he rests his hands on my hips.

"I wasn't trying to be pessimistic about the situation, nor was I trying to upset you. I just don't want you making these future plans, especially since you're not positively sure about transferring so that way the both of us won't get our hopes up and end up disappointed, you know what I'm sayin'?" My face softens and I nodded.

He didn't go about it in the best way at first, but now I understood him and I'm glad he was willing to communicate with me and to try to further explain.

Ugh, a man.

"I understand." I looked up at him and he gave me a small smile. "Alright, now get over here and give me some love, woman." He stood up and I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his lips before hugging him.

"Mmm, I love you." He says as his hands trailed down to my ass. He gave it a squeeze and I squealed, letting a giggle escape my lips. "I love you too." He pulls away and kissed my lips once more.

"Alright, now let's go eat." He draps his arm over my shoulder and both of us entered the diner.

We went ahead and slid into a booth, sitting on opposite sides of each other. I grabbed my menu off of the table, reading through all of my options.

"What are you getting?" He asks.

"I want the spicy barbecue chicken sandwich with some fries and a strawberry lemonade." I set my menu down and he smacked his lips.

"You wanna be like me so bad!" I smacked my lips and playfully rolled my eyes. "Boy, hush." He reaches across the table and grabs my hand. "Brenda got on your nerves today?" I rolled my eyes so hard, causing him to chuckle.

"I'ma put that lady out my damn self. She's so nosy and irritating. Maurice isn't around to see or endure it because he's either working or chilling with one of his women," I said, rubbing my thumb over his hand.

"Man, that sucks. I remember that night I snuck in tryna get some and sh--" I shushed him and he laughed.

Moments later, the waitress walked up. "What can I get you guys?" She asks and both of us gave her our orders and she nods, writing everything down. "Your orders will be right out," She says with a warm smile and we thanked her.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom really quick," I say, standing up and he puckers his lips causing me to smile and oblige his request before walking away. "Hurry up."

Donald DeGrate

I patiently sat in my seat, tapping my fingertips against the surface of the table as I got lost in my thoughts.

She's really leaving... Again.

I knew it was something she had to do but I didn't know if I'd be able to endure not being able to see her for months at a time. Phone calls and letters were cool but it was nothing like the real thing.

Nothing would be able to compare the feeling I got whenever she looked at me or how the butterflies in my stomach did the electric slide while I held her.

Lord knows I was gonna cherish these last two weeks as much as I could.

Moments later, she had finally returned to the table and I analyzed her every movement. "What's the matter?" She asks and I shook my head.

"I'm just looking at you, baby." I continued to admire her and she began blushing. "Quit." I chuckled and reached across the table, grabbing her hand.

"You're just so beautiful." She used her free hand to cover her face as she giggled and I smiled.

That was my baby, man... My fuckin' cinnamon apple.

The waitress returned with our food and she pursed her lips, looking at me, causing me to laugh.

"You ugly, bruh." She laughs and thanks the waitress before responding, "I'm yours though so wassup?" She says, shoving a french fry into her mouth and I smiled.

"I see no lies in that, baby girl." I grabbed a few fries off of her plate and she smacked her lips.

"You know what-" She reached over and grabbed my sandwich. "Yo, chill!" The both of us laughed as she bit my sandwich. "Wow," I chuckled as she continued to laugh, setting it back on my plate.

"That's actually really good," She says, licking barbeque sauce off of her fingers. "I bet it was, fat ass." She continued to laugh uncontrollably and I just stared at her goofy ass with a smile.

"Shut up, damn." I chuckled, grabbing my sandwich and taking a bite of it. "Alright, I'm done." She grabs her drink and takes a sip of it before diverting her attention back to her plate.

There was nothing but silence at our table because both of us were so engrossed with our food. "Here, boo." She held her last bit of sandwich up to my mouth and I declined.

"Come on! I took your first bite so you take my last." She smiles at me and I smiled, allowing her to feed me. "You're so ugly, it's cute." She flips me the bird and I laughed. "I plan on it. Stop being so anxious." She smacked her lips and reached into her purse, grabbing a few wet wipes. She handed me one and she proceeded to wipe her hands off.

While doing so, I heard a familiar voice call out my name. I looked up and saw LaVonne coming towards our table.

Journey then turns around and her eyebrows drew together as she looked back over at me.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit...

"Hey Don, I haven't seen you in a while." She says and I plastered a smile on my face and out of my peripheral, I saw Journey glancing back and forth between us with a smug look on her face.

"Yeah, it's been a minute." I grabbed my drink and took a sip of it, silently praying that shit wouldn't escalate.

"It has, maybe we could hook up sometime?"

Before I could say anything, Journey already went for it.

This wasn't gonna end well...

"Hi, I'm De's girlfriend, nice to meet you too and secondly, you and my boyfriend won't be doing any hooking up so I'd advise you to wrap it up right about now, homegirl." She says and LaVonne chuckled.

"Girlfriend? Why is this my first time hearing of you? Donald and I were really good friends and he never mentioned you before," She says and Journey chuckled, flipping her hair over her shoulder and looking at me.

She and I both knew what she was implying when she put the emphasis on really.

"Donald, wrap this shit up before I smack this bitch." LaVonne starts to chuckle and Journey looks at her, unamused.

"You think I'm funny?" Journey asks and LaVonne shook her head. "Baby, chill out."

"I'll see you around, Don." With that, LaVonne walks off and Journey's attention diverts back to me.

"I'm ready to go." She says, grabbing her purse. "You sure? You don't want any dessert or any-"

"Donald, I'm ready to go." She repeats sternly. Without another word, I reached into my pocket and grabbed enough money to cover the bill as well as tip the server before walking out behind her.

Once we arrived to my car, I unlocked the door and opened it so she could get in. Once she was in, I shut the door and went over to the other side of the car and got inside, putting the key in the ignition.

Silence captivated us as I drove out of the parking lot and made my way to the cliff.

"Who was that?" She asks, glancing over at me and I bit the inside of my cheek before responding.

"LaVonne is a girl that I messed around with a few times while I was on campus. It was nothing more than that so it's nothing for you to worry ab-"

"It is something for me to worry about because I'm not about to be disrespected by anyone, especially a bitch that you used to mess with. We weren't together so whatever you did with whomever you did it with is no concern of mine."

"If a female speaks to you, I don't care but I have a problem when I'm not even acknowledged and my issue with you is, you didn't even bother to introduce us or even acknowledge the fact that I'm your girlfriend." My face scrunched up in confusion.

"Baby, I barely said anything to he-"

"It's the principle of the situation, Donald. What if the shoe was on the other foot and another nigga approached us and neither one of us bothered to acknowledge you. You'd be pissed off, especially at me because its my job as your lady to let it be known that you're whom I belong to, correct?"

I couldn't even protest because she was absolutely correct.

"You're right, babe and I apologize because that was disrespectful and a bad move on my behalf," I say as I pulled up to the cliff, being sure not to park too close since her scary ass was scared we'd tip over and fall or some shit.

"I forgive you but you better not let it happen again." I smiled and leaned over, puckering my lips. She leaned over and gave me a quick peck, making me smack my lips.

"Stop playing with me." I stared at her and the both of us caught eyes and she smirked, "I'm not playing."

I smirked and took my seatbelt off, leaning closer to her. "Is that right?" I asked in her ear lowly and she softly chuckled. "Yup." I chuckled. "Get that ass in the back seat," I said, squeezing her thigh.

-----

Journey Hayes

"De, oh my gosh!" I whimpered as my body trembled as yet another orgasm overcame me.

At this point, the windows were all foggy and the car rocked and bounced as I continued to bounce up and down onto his shaft.

"Keep going." He grips onto my hips and starts to guide me as he kissed my lips, shoving his tongue deep into my mouth as I continued to ride him like there was no tomorrow.

I pulled away from our kiss and bit my lip, staring at him with low eyes as I wrapped my hands around his neck, causing him to moan. The both of us locked eyes and he bit his lip as his eyes bored deep into mine.

Butterflies formed in my stomach and my moans and whimpers because louder and more frequent as I felt myself about to climax once again. I clenched around him and he releases the sexiest moan I'd ever heard.

"Cum for me, baby. Cum all over this-"

"Oh my God, Donald, Shut the fuck up!" I squealed, planting my hands on his chest, rocking my hips harder as he brought me to my release.

"Damn, baby." I leaned down and kissed his lips before getting off of him and going down.

I grabbed the base of his shaft and wrapped my lips around the head of it before I began bobbing my head up and down while using my hand to slowly stroke him.

"Ahh, yeah. There you go baby, just like that." I looked up at him and his eyes were squeezed shut as his eyebrows furrowed and his chest heaved up and down.

I liked going down on him because not only was it pleasurable for him, but it was for me as well. It was just something about the way he became so submissive and lost control while in my grasp.

Mmm...

He reached down and grabbed my head, pushing it down further causing me to gag and I instantly came up, "You gotta chill out." I warned as I continued to stroke him.

"Oh my God, Journey, shut the fuck up!" He imitated my moans through his own and I laughed as I kept going.

Eventually, he too reached his third and final orgasm. "What a beast.." I laughed and hit his leg as he sat up. "You're not gonna go home with a shirt because I need it."

"But wh-- You're foul." He says as I wiped my mouth and hands off with his T-shirt. I laughed and leaned over to peck his lips softly. "You're the best, but you knew that already." I began to put my clothes back on he laughed.

"I could say the same about you. Now let me get you home before Maurice starts tracking yo ass down," He says, pulling his jeans up and buttoning them.

Once I'm fully clothed, I climbed into the front seat and glanced at the time. "Time really does fly when you're having fun." He says as he gets into his seat.

"You're so corny." He chuckles and starts his car, pulling out of his parking space and making his way towards my home.

Once we arrived, I began to pout. "I don't wanna leave you." I leaned over and he pecked my lips multiple times. "I'll try and stay over tomorrow, 'kay?" I nodded my head.

"I love you, baby." He says in between the kisses he continued to place on my lips. "I love you more," I kissed him one last time.

I honestly missed him already and we hadn't parted ways yet. "Call me once you get home," I tell him and he nods. "I will, I promise." I kissed him one more time before getting out of his car and closing the door, slowly making my way towards the front door.

"I'm loving the new walk, baby!" He calls out and I laughed out loud, "Go home!" I heard him chuckle just as I reached my front door.

I pulled my keys out of my purse and unlocked the door before opening it. He honks twice before pulling off and I went inside.

I closed the door and locked it before kicking my shoes off. "You come home with a new walk and a new 'do every time you leave that boy." I gasped and turned around, seeing Brenda coming out of the kitchen while shaking her head.

"Well, instead of being in my business, maybe you should go out and find someone who'd do the same for you." I give her a smile before retiring to my bedroom.

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 1.9K 29
Some Imagines about the beautiful african american men we wish we were around to date in the 90's. All these Imagines will be set in the 90's. Compl...
40.5K 2.4K 27
{Book Two} It's been two years since DeVanté's incident and Morgan has moved to California. Expect MORE drama. Enjoy! ✨ -status: slowly being edited...
65.2K 1K 50
WARNING! FIRST FANFICTION! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! WARNING WRITTEN IN 2020: Look, I think I was thirteen or twelve kay! I can't go through comment ev...
105K 2.9K 94
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐲. 𝐓...