Like A Gentleman (Larry Styli...

By the_tommo_tummy

Harry's determined to make Louis like him and Louis' determined to irritate the shit out of Harry. Or the one... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

Prologue

23.4K 681 1K
By the_tommo_tummy

Louis is leaning against the bar, his elbow resting on the marble counter top, his chin in his hand as his eyes sweep the crowded club. His hip is cocked out and his eyelashes dust his cheekbones as he let's out a bored sigh.

"Louis dear, you're gorgeous, but I don't pay you to stand around and look pretty, we've got guests in the lounge." The voice of Louis' boss Todd rings out and Louis turns his head slightly, lips pulling into a small smile as he straightens up.

"Of course, boss, I'm on it." Louis shoots his tall, olive skinned boss a wink and he adjusts the small apron around his waist and he grabs his small tray.

Louis worked in a nice club that was frequented by high profile people, there was the downstairs area where there were booths, tables, a dance floor, bar, dim lighting and loud music.

There was an upstairs too, the lounge, where anyone who had money or was trying to keep away any unwanted attention would go. This is where Louis serves, he's polite and has charm, the same charm that got him maybe the best job in the club and he needed the money, he was trying to put himself through college.

The people who rented put the lounge were good tippers and they ranged from kind to downright rude and sometimes they just become loud, obnoxious drunks. Louis didn't understand the whole lounge thing, why go out if you're just gonna sit in a room and drink.

Louis climbs the stairs, hoping that these guests will be considerate and won't leave the room a mess. He puts on his best smile and then opens the door, walking in confidently.

Louis is greeted by a large group of men and women, they're all lounging on the scattered couches and in the middle of the group is someone Louis actually recognizes.

Harry... something, his name slipped Louis' mind, but he knew he was a musician. Louis goes to him first, assuming he's the one who brought this large group of people.

He's dressed in an all black suit, his hair short, but curling at the ends and he looks up at Louis with dark green eyes and now Louis is giving him a different kind of smile, a flirty coy one because Mr. Harry whatever, is really hot.

"Hi, I'm Louis, I'll be your server tonight, what kind of drinks can I start you out with?" Louis asks and Harry raises his eyebrows a slight smile on his lips.

"Got yourself a nice accent there. Uhh-" Harry looks around at his large group of people and then he looks back at Louis, let's his eyes run over his body and then he smiles saying, "Start us off with your most expensive alcohol."

"Of course." Louis smiles and he turns and heads out of the lounge, making sure to sway his hips because he can practically feel Harry's eyes on him.

Louis makes sure that he's the best server he's ever been and he also makes sure that he's being polite, flirty to Harry, showing off his curves any chance he can because Harry's got a lingering gaze and Louis hasn't gotten laid in awhile.

As the night is coming to a close, Louis is downstairs chatting with the bartender, Zayn, when he hears footsteps coming down the stairs. He looks over his shoulder and he sees the people of Harry's party, coming down, some drunker than others.

"Have fun cleaning up, babes." Zayn says, nodding with his chin toward the lounge as he wipes down the counter.

"I'll have a blast." Louis mumbles, turning and heading back towards the lounge. He's upstairs and he opens the door to find Harry by himself, sipping his drink, leant back against the couch with his legs crossed.

"Oh hello." Louis says with surprise, he had been expecting the room to be empty and full of dirty cups.

"Hey there." Harry smirks and gestures to the spot next to him, "Want to take a seat?" He asks and Louis has to keep himself from running over and throwing himself at the spot next to him.

"I don't know if I should... don't want boss man to be upset with me." Louis lies, not wanting to give in too easily. He can't deny it though, he's excited and if he's interpreting everything right he's sure the night is gonna end with him getting some dick.

"Think your boss would be upset if you let one of your customers fuck you?" Harry asks, pink lips pressing to the rim of his glass as he takes another sip of his drink.

Louis' cheeks turn pink and he feels heat pool in his stomach, but he does his best to remain calm, deciding to play dumb.

"And what makes you think I'd let a customer fuck me?" Louis asks and he slowly begins to cleaning the room, making a show of bending over to pick up a discarded glass.

"You certainly don't seem opposed to the idea." Harry comments as he unashamedly looks at Louis' bum and thighs.

"I'm just doing my job." Louis says with a shrug, a small smile toying on his lips.

"Oh come on I see through your whole charade, I can see those looks you're giving me, the way your showing off that ass of yours." Harry says and he uncrosses his legs and leans forward, his eyes never leaving Louis.

"I don't know, I still think that's a little presumptuous of you." Louis says as he bends over to grab the glasses and clear the area near Harry

"Presumptuous or just accurate? Usually people are very eager to sleep with me and that's to be expected when you're someone like me." Harry says, leaning back into his chair, taking a sip of his drink.

Louis pauses his actions and straightens up, looking at Harry with a tilted head because this strikes a chord in Louis and he begins to think that maybe Harry isn't putting on an act so he purses his lips and pushes further.

"Someone like you and what exactly does that mean?" Louis asks as he continues to collect discarded glasses.

"Well you know, someone with my status and popularity-" Harry begins and Louis can't even bare to hear the rest of it.

"Oh so you're actually like this?" Louis asks with realization, cutting of Harry and Harry's eyebrows furrow slightly "Like what?" Harry asks, a little surprised at Louis' change in mood.

"I thought we were just playing around, I wasn't aware you were actually that arrogant." Louis says and he grabs the rest of the empty glasses, placing them on his tray and he turns on his heel to leave.

"I wouldn't say I'm arrogant." Harry argues and Louis rolls his eyes and turns around, placing his hand on his hip, his other hand still balancing his tray covered with dirty glasses.

"What would you say you are then?" Louis asks and Harry thinks for a moment and his lips pull into a smirk and he looks so entirely amused with himself Louis begins glaring at him because clearly Harry thinks very highly of himself.

Harry seemingly gets lost in his thoughts about himself because some time goes by and he still hasn't answered Louis' question.

"Oh great so you're a narcissist as well, you're just the whole package aren't you?" Louis says and Harry sighs saying "I'm not a narcissist, I am just able to appreciate how great I am."

"Sounds pretty narcissistic to me." Louis says matter-o-factly and Harry sits up a bit, finding himself both offended and curious because no one had ever called him those things and rejected his advances.

"Well I suppose it doesn't really matter what one waiter thinks of me." Harry says with a shrug and he stands, straightening up his suit jacket and Louis hate how he towers over him because he loves tall hot guys, but Harry had to ruin it by being a dick.

"Come on, babe, are you gonna let me give you s good time or what?" Harry asks and Louis makes a face at him. "No, absolutely not." Louis shakes his head and he takes a step away from Harry.

"Just pay and leave please." Louis adds and Harry looks around for a bit, hands resting on his hips.

"Listen sweetheart, could you run and get your boss for me?" Harry asks, waving his hand a bit, gesturing for Louis to go.

Louis' heart jumps a bit and he wonders if he pushed too much and now he's going to lose his job. He's certain he wouldn't though, Todd loves him. "What for?" Louis asks, cautiously.

"I want to speak with him, I'm sure he'll recognize me and then that'll take care of this whole bill situation." Harry says, gesturing with his hand and Louis really can't believe him.

"Recognize you?" Louis asks in disbelief, he'd never been so annoyed with a person before and as each second passed he had to control his anger even more.

"Yeah... recognize me-don't you know who I am?" Harry asks and yes of course Louis knows who he is, he didn't live under a rock and he actually enjoyed his music a bit, but he wouldn't admit that to Harry, he wanted to irritate him.

"As far as I know you're just a patron in this establishment like everyone else." Louis replies and he would have called Harry something else, along with some curse words, but he'd like to keep his job, so this is what he settles with.

Louis really can't take this anymore, he's practically fuming, but he reminds himself he needs money so he decides not to stay any longer because he might snap.

"Pay your bill, we don't give a shit about who you are here." Louis says as he leaves, slamming the door behind him before stomping down the staircase.

Harry's stunned, having never had anyone talk to him like that and he sat for awhile before a slow smirk spreads over his lips because Louis intrigued him and he was determined to get him to like him because Harry always got his way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743K 30.8K 43
Louis is a stubborn intern, Zayn and Harry are his wealthy employers with a thing for twinks.
101 0 13
Harry and Louis have hated each other since 7th grade. They get into a mad, horrible fight leaving Harry scarred for life. But then they have to work...
262 47 10
The love story between a demon who's ,at heart, just a little bit of a good person and an angel who's ,deep down, enough of a bastard worth knowing. ...
3.2K 70 35
Louis Tomlinson. Harry Styles. Liam Payne. Niall Horan. Zayne Malik. They all grew up together. They used to be best friends. One night in 8th year...