Last Chance (Completed)

By WrittenbyJanae

Sequel to One Night. Continue to follow Aria and Landon through possible love and parenthood while also getti... More

Sequel
1. Aria
2. Landon
3. Jodie
4. Aria
5. Mink
6. Landon
7. Jodie
8. Mink
9. Aria
10. Landon
11. Jodie.
12. Mink
13. Aria
14. Mink
15. Jodie
16.
17. Mink
18. Aria
19. Ominscent
20. Jodie
21. Aria
23. Chris
24. Jodie
25. Ominscent
26. Mink
27. Double POV
28. Mink
29. Omniscient

22. Mink

24.1K 1.3K 303
By WrittenbyJanae

I pulled up to Jodie's as I let out a big sigh. I hadn't talked to Jodie since the night I saw him at the bar but we both knew we needed to talk.

I texted him letting him know I was there as I got out the car and headed towards his apartment. He was opening the door just as I reached it. I took him in. His dreads freshly done as he stood there in a v neck with some joggers, he was always so chill. I spoke as I walked in looking towards the living room seeing people in there, well Chris and one other.

The girl was standing as Chris was seated. She turned around attitude on her face slowly changing to a smile as I recognized it was Jasmine. "Hey Mink," she said with excitement.

I smiled back as I spoke, surprised to see her. From what I knew Chris was hurting cause she wouldn't return his calls. But I guess she finally gave in.

She put her focus on Jodie, "happy to know you finally got with better."

Chris chuckled as I did too, a small smile just played on Jodie's face as he shook his head. I fucked with Jasmine and I couldn't deny it.

She quickly turned around and looked at Chris as he quickly stopped laughing, it was clear she was lighting his ass up before Jodie and I interrupted. "Let's head to my room," he stated. Clearly wanting to leave them alone.

I followed him as he closed his door after I walked through. I took a seat on his bed as I sat my keys down. "What's up with that?" I questioned as I pointed towards the door.

He laughed a little, "she finally decided to hear him out, they was going at it at first. Well she was going off."

"You think she going to deal with him again?"

He nodded his head yeah as he put up some clothes he had folded. "Only thing is he has to break it to her that he got a baby and I don't know how she'll feel about that."

"Wait, what!?" I said a little louder than intended causing him to quickly whip around and look at me.

His eyes wide as he slightly laughed. "You heard me, Chris done fucked around and got a baby. Landon ain't the only one. I thought you would have knew that shit, you and your girls stay talking."

This was some fucking tea. I shook my head, "I don't think any of my girls know about this shit. By who?" I questioned tuned in as hell.

He shook his head as he put up the last of clothes before turning around and looking at me. "This the fucked up part, Casey."

I bit my lip as I tried to think of the name, "the only one I know of is the one Landon dealt with. Who Casey?"

He nodded his head, "that one."

I widened my eyes as my mouth dropped. "You are fucking lying," I said quietly as if Chris would hear me.

He shook his head as he put his hand up, "right hand to God."

I couldn't believe this shit. Not only was it crazy but foul as fuck. He was friends with Landon and was fucking Casey's friend. Both of them were shady as fuck. "Yo, this crazy as fuck. Landon know?"

Jodie nodded. I shook my head. This shit was too much for me. "But off that," Jodie started as he hopped on his bed stretching out. "What's up with you?"

"Same ol shit, can't believe graduation is literally three weeks away. "

"Yeah. That shit crazy but I'm ready as fuck to be out that bitch."

I nodded agreeing. "Have you talked to Kira?" I questioned slowly trying to get into what we were really here for.

"A little bit," he stated as I rolled my eyes. "She has some shit over here still that she needed to get but outside of that nahh."

"So when y'all talked it was only about that? Not about y'all working to get back together or nothing."

He chuckled, "Mink, I broke up with her why imma talk about that?"

"She might!"

He nodded, "she brought it up."

"Saying?" You had to push with Jodie and it was so annoying sometimes.

"Asking if this was a break or a break up, asking if we could give it some time and then try again."

"And you said?"

He just looked at me before leaning up, "I want you."

I rolled my eyes. "You did not say that shit."

He chuckled, "we hear to talk about us Mink. If I was still trying to be with her I wouldn't have broken up with her. So if that's what you trying to spend your time doing, then you wasting mine."

I couldn't stand him. "You said to prove I want you and I've done just that," he continued. "Ended it with my girl. Told Bryan to cut the shit, speaking of," he stated as he stared a hole in my face not finishing the statement. But I already knew why, Bryan and I had been texting still and he clearly told him but it wasn't even nothing like that. Conversations were casual as hell.

"It's not even like that."

"But you be texting him damn near everyday?" He questioned.

"It's not everyday.," I stated as I threw my hands up. "You don't talk to me that much." He let out.

"Why would I need to talk to a taken man that's not mine that much?" I questioned.

"I am yours." He let out causing an automatic eye roll out of me and a smile I couldn't control. "Jodie shut up."

"I'm just saying." He smiled. "And who said I wanted you to be my man?" I questioned.

He stood up, going to grab his phone that started to ring. Stopping before even getting to it as he faced me. "You don't want to be my girl?" He asked as his eyes pierced into mine.

He looked good as hell. His thick lips slightly parted, some of his dreads coming forward over one of his shoulders, his muscles bulging through. I looked him up and down having to break the eye contact. "Can't say yet," I responded as I looked back at him. "Depends on how you act."

He laughed as he continued to grab his phone that had stopped ringing by this point, he looked down at it before locking it and just throwing it in his pocket.

He came over to me, pulling me off the bed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I know you a hard one, but this shit between us is going to work." He stated. "I'm going to show you why them other niggas ain't last."

"Mmm, I hear you. Actions speaker louder than words over here." I responded as a knock came through on the door. Jodie responded for them to open it, "game night?" Chris asked as he looked between the two of us. His eyes pleading as if he needed us to say yes.

Jodie looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders as he told Chris we were down.

———

I pulled up to Aria's ready to dish this tea on Chris that I'd found out the night before. I ended up staying at Jodie's after we played games with Chris and Jasmine, resulting in a late night.

As soon as I entered Aria's I saw that Kennedy was there too. I slightly rolled my eyes and spoke to Aria as I felt Kennedy's eyes on me.

"Hey Mink," Kennedy let out. I gave a fake closed mouth smile, not even speaking back as I took a seat.

"So girl, I got some tea for you." I smiled as I focused my attention on Aria.

"Oh gosh," she stated as she got comfortable on the couch, sitting criss cross. "Spill it all." Kennedy was just as zoned in and I didn't care. The tea I was about to spill would probably bother her.

"So tell me why Chris has a baby."

Aria got wide eyed as Kennedy's mouth dropped. "W-what?" Kennedy stuttered.

I paid no attention to her as I waited for Aria's response. "You lying? By who?"

"Casey," I let out. "That Landon used to deal with."

Aria looked like her eyes were popping out of their eye socket. "Bitchhhhhhh!"

"Okayyyyy!" I let out a slight smile on my face for all this tea.

"He's trash as fuck." Kennedy let out shaking her head.

Aria laughed as she looked at her, "we already knew that. That just further confirmed it."

"Damn," Kennedy started. "Knowing how much of a hot head Landon is I know that friendship is probably dead as fuck."

I nodded my head, finding myself agreeing with her. I damn sure would be done with somebody over that.

"I still can't believe that shit," Aria let out.

I sighed, "I know right, but what you got planned for the day?" I questioned changing the subject.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Shit, this." She laughed as she opened her arms showcasing she'd be chilling at her place. "What you got planned?"

I looked down at my phone, pressing the lock button to light it up so I could see the time. "Doing a late lunch, early dinner with Jasmine. That's it though, probably get up with Jodie."

"Okay, I see you and Jodie." Aria said with a smirk, "who is Jasmine?" She questioned.

I saw Kennedy's eyebrows go in. "Jasmine that Chris played me for?"

I nodded my head while I looked at Aria, "what she said."

Aria looked from Kennedy to me, I could tell it was awkward as hell for her right now. "O-okay."

"Really Mink?" Kennedy questioned. I could hear her voice crack as if she was hurt. This caused me to look at her.

"Really what?" I questioned. Cause she was the last one to be able to talk about anything when it came to shit, well anything.

"Mink I'm sorry okay!" Her voice was shaky, "I'm sorry. I did some fucked up things, I get it. How much more of this do you expect me to be able to take? I'm trying to repair this friendship but it's like," she paused for a second as she sniffed. Her eyes watery but wasn't shit falling from them. "It's like you're just trying to get back at me."

I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion before I laughed. Get back at her? She had to be delusional. One thing I wasn't was revengeful, vengeance was the Lord's not mine.

"Kennedy, have you ever known me to be revengeful?" I questioned with seriousness.

"No but -"

"No," I cut her off. "Never. So don't even try me with that bullshit. Nothing that I decide to do has anything to do with you. I have no intentions to hurt you, because quite frankly I don't fuck with you like that no more and in that same breath I have no intent to make you happy with what I do in my life because, I don't fuck with you like that no more. You catch my drift?"

She wiped her eyes as tears had actually fallen. "Mink I don't want to lose you as a friend."

I shook my head as Aria sat there looking sad. "And Kennedy I never thought there would be a day that you would. But you didn't see me as a friend. You couldn't have, because the way you moved and the decisions you made, made it clear."

"Mink I fucked up."

"More than once Kennedy! You chose everyone over me every time! There's no hard feelings. I don't hate you. I just don't fuck with you. Keeping you at a distance."

"So you're done with me?"

I laughed. She was sounding like she was my girl or something. "Yes, at least for now. Not saying we might not be cool down the line but right now out of everybody that I fuck with you were supposed to have my back the most and you're the one who had it the least."

It got silent as we sat there I sighed as I stood up, I was over this conversation and was over the energy in the room. "Well I'm going to head to the apartment, and just chill before I go to this late lunch. Aria I'll hit you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 31.7K 138
YOU MUST READ LOVE DON'T COST A THING IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THIS BOOK. This Is The Sequel. ⚠ WARNING ⚠ This Story Contains Violence, Explicit Langua...
6.3K 266 15
One girl's hate leads to the other's downfall.
92.3K 6.3K 57
They said marriage was for better and for worse but what can she do when her husband dumps her for a mistress he barely knew? This books uncovers all...
273 9 10
( NOT WRITING THIS ANYMORE ) A girl discovers another guy who helps her move on after her lover betrays her, but after that, she is unsure of who sh...