Carina Malfoy//h.potter

By Jessie_V_

"For once, can you look at me?" "I've always seen you as you are." __________________________________________... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE (BOOK ONE)
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT (BOOK TWO)
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN (BOOK THREE)
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE(BOOK FOUR)
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER TWO

34.2K 1.1K 1.8K
By Jessie_V_

Draco and Carina were enjoying their dinner. Carina was quietly observing her surroundings ignoring the intense and curious eyes of a certain Boy-Who-Lived. As for Draco, he was making new 'friends', Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini, they would later introduce themselves.

Carina was analyzing each teacher yet the one that caught her eye was the Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore. She was surprisingly entertained after his abnormal speech than annoyed like most Slytherins were. She met his blue eyes, that reminded Carina of the calm water of the sea. His eyes shined in a childish manner.

Carina titled her head confused. He continued staring down at her own eyes as if he was reading her soul when he finally looked away not before giving her a small satisfied smile that made Carina even more confused.

"What are you looking at Cara?" Draco asked, his mouth full of food and Carina scowled.

"Dray, dear, chew before you talk, please?" she scolded him with a gentle voice her blue eyes warming at him as he did as she asked.

"Well, well, well... New blood!" a hoarse whisper pointed out from above their heads. Both the Malfoy twins lifted their eyes and they watched as a ghost sat between them.

"Hello I'm Carina Malfoy and this is my brother, Draco Malfoy." she spoke pointing at Draco who seemed uncomfortable as she continued with a void face "And who might you be?"

"Lovely to meet you Mister and Miss Malfoy. I am Bloody Baron, the Slytherin ghost." he announced with the same hoarse tone.

As a ghost, Carina noticed, Baron was very pale, pearly-white, staring black eyes that made Draco shift from his seat and Carina wondered if that ghost was trying to read her darkest and deepest secrets. He had a gaunt face and he was dressed in robes covered in silver bloodstains hence his name, Carina guessed. He was also sporting a curly powdered wig and carrying a sword.

After that small encounter the Headmaster asked politely the Perfects of each House to accompany the youngsters into their Common Room. The Slytherins followed the fifth year named Marcus Flint.

The Slytherin Common Room is placed in the dungeons of Hogwarts Castle and underneath the Black Lake according to the Hogwarts: a History, Carina realized that because of this the light in the Common Room is green.

She studied with an expressionless face the room. There windows were shut tightly with the help of magic and she could she fishes swimming by. Fire was blazing under the fireplace as for above some skulls of snakes were decorating it. It made most girls turn yellow in disgust, however, Carina raise her eyebrows looking at Pansy in indifferent manner.

There was also a shield made from silver and leather as most sofas and chairs were. The shield portrayed a snake hissing, "A Basilisk." Carina thought staring straight at his emerald eye that was shining through out the Common Room.

Everything was aristocratic in order to match their pureblooded tastes of the residents. Carina bid her brother goodnight. She ignored her roommates, surprise- surprise, Parkinson and Greengrass. She lied down her soft mattress, closed her eyes and fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carina's first day was going great. First the Slytherins had charms with Ravenclaws. They believed that just because they were the smart house, as Draco puts it, that the rest were just plain stupid. Carina begged to differ.

Carina smiled lightly with a small perk at her lips. She adored their frustrated expressions on their faces when she knew all the answers perfectly. However, she was slightly disappointed that there was no one who could compete with her intelligence. Her brother was close, yes, but he was no perfectionist like her. Needless to say, she quickly impressed Professor Flitwick.

Then Slytherins had Transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs and Carina wanted desperately McGonagall to like her much to her brother's annoyance. Although, he kept quiet because if his sister would be happy for the Gryffindor head to like her then he is willing to do anything for that to happen. That's what he wants the most. His sister happy and safe.

Professor McGonagall was a stern woman who demanded respect. " Transfiguration is one of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts." she paused " Anyone messing with my class will leave and will not dare to come back. You have all be warned." After her speech, she made them take some complicated notes that Carina was eager to study later then they were each given a lucifer to transfigure it into a needle.

Carina was the only one that managed to do so. As Professor McGonagall walked towards her desk, that she was sharing with Draco, Carina raised her head slightly and watched as McGonagall inspected her needle then hummed in approval and smiled at her. Carina would have jumped in joy if she wasn't a Malfoy.

She just turned at her brother whom noticed her eyes glinting in delight smirked at her while rolling his eyes. Draco adored his sister and that's why when he caught some of the other boys glancing at Carina he would sneer them and they would immediately turn away. The Malfoy heir was rather intimidating even at the age of eleven. He truly believed that none of these guys are good enough for his sister.

They walked out of the class and started to follow his sister with their minions not far behind. "What do we have next Cara?" Draco asked as they walked down the stairs.

"Double Potions with the Gryffindors!" replied eagerly Pansy trying to get the attention of the Malfoy boy. Unfortunately, the Malfoy twins do not like to be interrupted when they are speaking with each other. Draco's dark look and Carina's piercing cold eyes urged the Parkinson girl to stare down and mutter softly an apology.

Carina was turning at the corner making her way towards the dungeons when she suddenly crushed into someone making her fall backwards. She sat up and immediately her blue eyes gazed into green ones.

"Harry! Are you alright?" questioned Weasley. Harry, on the other hand, wasn't listening at all. He just stood there dumbfounded on the floor staring at the girl who he wanted to see all day. He opened and closed his mouth not knowing what to say.

"Cara! Are you hurt?" Draco wondered in concern as he helped his sister stand up. After making sure that she truly was fine, he passed her to Parkinson and Greengrass who started to coo over the small and petite girl. Draco stood before Carina like a shield with Goyle and Crabbe by his side as he growled "Watch where you're going Potter!"

The Potter boy was still not listening. He stood on his feet and glanced at the side of Draco's head where he could see Carina dusting herself and fixing her uniform when he once again met her cold blue eyes which showed no emotion.

Potter then was pushed on the ground once again.Weasley was becoming red in anger as he tried to fight off Crabbe. Draco then spat at Harry "Take your eyes off my sister!"

Carina sighed and spoke in a blank tone "Enough." At once, Crabbe let go of his hold on Weasley and Draco tensed while looking at her warning blue eyes. She stared at her brother's grey eyes. "Let's go. We don't want to be late now, do we?"

Carina walked away, glancing at Potter for a moment, to her destination followed closely by her brother and their minions.

Potions lessons where about to start. Carina was sitting beside her brother as he was glaring at the Potter boy who was two rows ahead. "Leave him alone." Carina said with a bored tone.

"He angers me." Draco stated.

Carina's eyebrows lifted "And why is that?" she asked.

Draco scoffed "Look at him!" paused pointing at him and Carina watched him laughing at something Weasley had said then he glanced at her, turning way quickly. Thankfully, her brother didn't notice. "He walks and acts as if he owns the place. And you should listen the rest of the school! Oh look! It's Harry Potter! The Savior! The one who demolished You-Know-Who!" Draco mocked.

Carina now understood. Her darling brother was jealous. "And they make a big deal of his stupid scar! It's not even that cool to be honest!"

Carina smiled gently at him, patted his head softly and saying warmly "Do not worry brother. In my eyes you are still the best." that made Draco relax a little bit then grinned at her.

Harry watching their exchange, grew envious. He had noticed that Carina Malfoy always showed her true feelings around her brother and most of the time only at him. He then decided that he wanted that privilege, yet, he knew that this will be difficult. He groaned and closed his eyes in defeat.

"What wrong Harry?" Ron asked his friend.

Harry gestured at the Malfoys. Ron shook his head while saying "Way out of your league, mate."

After a while, a man came in wearing traditional black wizard robes. Professor Severus Snape or for Carina and Draco Malfoy their godfather. Draco beamed at his godfather as Carina's lips perked up slightly.

Professor Snape was someone Carina really admired. He had a strong, authoritative presence, that now that Carina thought reminded the one McGonagall had. He usually spoke in a soft, contained voice except during the occasional instances when he lost his temper. Fortunately, he rather liked the Malfoy twins, especially Carina who had a gift in potion making.

He was taking attendance when he stopped for a moment.

"Ah, yes." he said softly "Harry Potter. Our new- celebrity." All the Slytherins except Carina who seemed rather bored, snickered.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making" Professor Snape began to explain "As there is little foolish wand waving here, man of you will hardly believe this is magic. Some of you won't understand the beauty of the softly marble cauldron with it's shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensuring the the senses..." he spoke in such passion that Carina knew he mostly enjoyed what he did. Yet he still desired the Defense Against Dark Art teaching place.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death. Some of you will thrive in these lessons" Snape smirked at Carina making Harry glance at her "While the others, I hope you aren't's as big bunch of dunderheads as I'm usually ought to teach.

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"Well, that's a tough one, even though I know the answer." Carina thought not bothering raising her hand as she watched the Potter kid exchanging a confused look with the Weasley boy who just shrugged his shoulders and Granger's hand shot into the air.

"I don't know, sir." replied Potter.

Snape's lips curled into a sneer. " Tut, tut... Fame clearly isn't everything." he paused " Let's try again Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

Harry looked so baffled that Carina started feeling sorry for the boy. It seemed that he is going to get picked on a lot by her godfather. However, Carina wondered in puzzlement, why Potter? He was raised by muggles and he is oblivious of the wizarding world. It was pretty obvious that he had no idea of potions. Heck, most purebloods didn't either!

Carina looked at the Granger girl who still had her hand up. She was measuring her up, it was clear that Granger was rather intelligent but Carina was confident that the muggleborn was not yet on par with her. This means that Carina should study harder, she refused to be beaten by her. It seems that she finally found the so called academic rival she wanted.

"I don't know sir," Harry said glancing at Carina who was the only one of the Slytherins not laughing at him.

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming Potter?" he said with a furious glint in his eyes "What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know." Potter explained frustrated "I think Hermione does know, why don't you ask her?"

Carina's eyes shone amusingly and Harry took a notice in that as his cheeks turned lightly red. A few people laughed at his bold words but Snape was not in fact happy.

Carina wanted to giggle but she fought against it. She now understood why Potter was a Gryffindor. "Bold with no tact." she thought.

"Sit down you stupid girl!" he sneered at the Granger who was sitting up from her chair. Pathetic, really.

"Does anyone else know the answer of any of these questions?" Snape asked making Carina raised her hand.

Snape nodded at her "Miss Malfoy." making the whole class stare at her. Carina paid no mind, with a poker face and soft voice void of any emotion, she started.

"Asphodel and wormwood would make a very powerful sleeping potion known as Drought of the Living Dead." she gazed for a second at the Potter boy "The bezoar would be found at the stomach of a goat " she looked at Granger's expression that made Carina want to laugh "As for the difference between monkwood and wolfsbane, there is none. They are the same plant also known as aconite." she finished.

Snape seemed pleased "Twenty points to Slytherin." then he looked around the class before grimacing "Well, why aren't you copying that down?" There was a sudden hunt for quills and parchment "And a point will be taken from Gryffindor House for your cheek, Potter."

Draco chuckled before whispering at his sister "I'm going to love this class."

Carina hummed absentmindedly then looked at his noted "It's monkwood and wolfsbane, not wormwood." she stated.

As the Potion lesson continued, things for the Gryffindors were getting worse, much to Slytherin's satisfaction. Carina just didn't care, she was excited to mix a simple potion to cure boils. Snape put them all into pairs and Carina's partner was Parkinson whom was ordered not to touch anything.

Carina began aiding Draco and Goyle. While she was explaining them what to do, out of the blue the whole class started screaming. Draco made his sister within a second to stand an her stool.

Looks like the cauldron of Potter and Longbottom melted and their potion was now seeping across the floor. Those who weren't fast enough had holes on their shoes. As for Longbottom, well, he was moaning in pain.

"Idiot boy!" snarled Snape, clearing the potion away with one flick of his wand. "I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire."

"Take him to the hospital wing." he spat at Finnigan then rounded on Potter "Why didn't you tell him not to add the quills? Thought he's make you look good if he got it wrong,did you? That's another five point from Gryffindor!"

Potter scowled ready to argue back but Weasley elbowed him shaking his head.

Draco helped Carina to get off her stool and sneered at them "Potter is an idiot, right?"

Carina didn't reply. She stared at Potter as he did at her. His green eyes lighted while her blue eyes remained cold and unreadable. She couldn't deny that his stare made her feel funny. She looked away as Potter sighed in disappointment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

950K 30.2K 82
Vena isn't a selfish person. Everything she does is for her brother, her family, and the expectations of everyone else. She doesn't like to disappoin...
916 10 18
[ S L O W U P D A T E S ] in which slytherin's golden girl finds sparks flying between her and her ex's rival, the rule-breaking boy who lived, as...
33.7K 1.1K 75
Y/n Malfoy the four year older sister of Draco Malfoy and the daughter of Lucius and Narcissa. Y/n is nothing like her father and doesn't want to fol...
29.9K 217 31
Y/n Malfoy, twin of Draco Malfoy, has been going to Beauxbatons until she is given a task to steal the Elder wand to become a death eater like the re...