Crow's feathers - Naruto fanf...

Da the_hooded_girl

After years of banishment the fourth Suna sibling returns. But why now of all times and what is her connectio... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1 Traitor
Chapter 2 Blood
Chapter 3 Sand
Chapter 4 Regret
Random Note 1 Profile
Chapter 5 Love
Chapter 6 Guilty
Chapter 7 Birds
Chapter 8 Shadows
Chapter 9 Heart
Chapter 10 Stormcrow
Chapter 11 Renegade
Random Note 2 Taryn
Chapter 12 Secrets
Chapter 13 Leaves
Chapter 14 Promises
Chapter 15 Truth
Random Note 3 Background
Chapter 16 Siblings
Chapter 17 Gone
Chapter 18 Duty
Chapter 19 Kidnapped
Chapter 20 Priorities
Chapter 21 Those that are precious
Random Note 4 Family
Chapter 22 Maturing
Chapter Extra C-rank mission
Chapter 23 Ichibi
Chapter 24 First touch
Chapter 25 Jinchuuriki
Chapter 26 Faith
Random Note 5 Akatsuki
Chapter 27 Friends
Chapter 28 Betrayal
Chapter 29 Unforgiven
Random Note 6 Jutsu
Chapter 30 Nemesis
Chapter 31 Recruited
Chapter 32 The choices we make
Chapter 33 Regrouping
Chapter 34 Forsaken
Random Note 7 Numbers
Chapter 35 When there's nothing left to say
Chapter 36 Sacrifice
Chapter 37 Forever
Chapter 38 Shinobi
Chapter 39 Soulmates
Chapter 40 Illusion
Chapter 41 Love over honor
Random Note 8 From the past
Chapter 42 Politics
Chapter 43 Confrontations
Random Note 9 Family 2
Chapter 44 Crossfire
Chapter 45 A world of Pain
Chapter 46 Complications
Chapter 47 Heart of an avenger
Chapter 48 The way of the ninja
Random Note 10 - Eye Jutsu
Chapter 49 Darkness of the heart
Chapter 50 No matter what
Chapter 51 The lost and the lonely
Chapter 52 War council
Random Note 11 Lovers
Chapter 53 Brothers in arms
Chapter 54 Keep your enemies closer
Chapter 55 Casualties
Chapter 56 Tell me something true
Chapter 57 Family Reunion
Chapter 58 Teammates
Chapter 59 Desertstorm
Random Note 12 Timeline
Chapter 60 The calm before the storm
Chapter 61 The Eye of the Moon
Chapter 62 Evernight
Chapter 64 The point of no return
Chapter 65 No one can be strong all the time
Chapter 66 The voice of reason
Chapter 67 A price to pay
Chapter 68 My brother's keeper
Chapter 69 Prodigies
Random Note 13 Taryn's brats
Chapter 70 Something worth living for
Chapter 71 Legacy
Chapter 72 Motionless
Chapter 73 Never again
Chapter 74 Conspiracies
Chapter 75 We weren't born to follow
Chapter 76 Students and teachers
Chapter 77 Those left behind
Chapter 78 Hate and love and everything in between
Chapter 79 Guilt and blame
Chapter 80 Forgotten heroes
Chapter 81 We took the long way home
Epilogue
Extra: Priviliged
Extra: How to be a ninja - Daro
Extra: The edge of a knife
Extra: Black Wings - Kuro
Extra: No questions asked
Extra: Through hard work - Hiro
Extra: The might-have-been - Itachi
Extra: Marked
Extra: Inner workings of the criminal mind
Extra: Flock of birds - Kakashi
Extra: Moving on - Sasuke
Extra: Letters to home
Extra: Taryn Trivia

Chapter 63 The end of all things

4.8K 122 55
Da the_hooded_girl

The sword skimped Kabuto’s shoulder as he shifted aside at the last moment. Sai landed in a crouch in front of him.

Kabuto smirked. “If it isn’t the little turncoat. Didn’t you do all of Danzou’s dirty work?”

“Things are different now,” Sai said, “I have friends.”

“Friends?” Kabuto mocked, “you’re starting to sound like Naruto.”

A faint smile spread across Sai’s face. “I take that as a compliment.” He swung his sword upwards again, forcing Kabuto to take a step back. “Zoraya,” Sai said.

Zoraya nodded. “Got it.” She made a few seals and tried to trap Kabuto’s movements again, but the shinobi made sure to stay clear of any shadows.

He smirked. “That’s not gonna work.”

“I think it’s working just fine,” Sai commented as he continued to drive Kabuto in different directions.

Kabuto chuckled. “Have you forgotten about my friends? They are nearby and closing in as we speak.”

“Like I said,” Sai told him, “I have friends too.”

Not far away they could hear a snarl and then a scream.

“One down,” Sai said.

Kabuto chuckled again. “You think it’s so easy? Yet you haven’t landed one blow.”

Sai’s face was emotionless. “You’re wrong. I have you exactly where I want you.”

A movement in the corner of his eye made Kabuto turn, but before he could complete the movement Anko broke though the trees and kicked him in the stomach. Kabuto flew backwards but was ensnared in chakra strings.

Kankuro stepped into view and grinned. “Gotcha.”

“Not enough,” Kabuto said, but Zoraya added her own jutsu and used the shadows of her teammates to trap Kabuto.

Kabuto stiffened when his movements were restricted by the two different jutsu.

When Anko appeared in his vision again he glared at her.

She returned his glare with an icy one of her own. “We thought we’d give you a taste of your own medicine,” she said, “let’s see how you like it when your movements aren’t your own.”

“Heh,” Kabuto said, “dear Anko. It’s going to take more than that to take me down. Or are you going to do it yourself? Lord Orochimaru would be so proud of you.”

Anko’s eyes burned with hate.

“Anko,” another voice spoke calmly, “leave him to me.” Haru stepped out from behind the trees with his dogs at his side.

Anko nodded. “Gladly,” she said and walked away without looking back.

The last thing she heard was Haru commanding his dogs to attack and Kabuto’s horrified screams.

***

The sky cracked with lightning and the heat was almost intolerable. The entire atmosphere was loaded with electricity.

The Raikage focused his energy and made a few hand seals to redirect the lightning towards Madara.

“Hyuuga!” he shouted, “out of the way!”

Hiashi, who had previously used Gentle Fists on Madara, jumped aside and the lighting hit Madara straight on.

Madara dropped to one knee, but to everyone’s surprise he started chuckling.

“He’s insane,” Hiashi said.

Madara lifted his head and let out a dark laugh. “That is the best you can do? You are fools. You should never have let Naruto leave. Don’t you know what it takes to defeat the tailed beasts? The Kyuubi was your only chance. You’ve lost.”

“No they haven’t is what I say,” a new voice spoke, “there’s one more tailed beast in play.”

“Bee!” the Raikage called when the shinobi stepped within view, “get out of here!”

“Don’t worry brother, I’ll rid you of this bother.”

“Bee don’t be a fool. He already has seven Bijuu.”

“And he’ll have no more once he’s learned what I have in store.”

Madara glared at him. “That rhyming of yours is getting on my nerves. I’ll be glad to remove the Eight Tails from your body if it means I won’t have to hear our stupid voice anymore.”

“Well I won’t let you mate, cuz I am friends with my Eight.” Bee gave a peace sign and turned towards the Raikage. “Ready to squash this rat? Let’s show him our Double Lariat.”

A slow smile appeared on the Raikage’s face and he nodded. “Let’s go.”

***

Daro and Tai supported themselves on their knees. Both were panting heavily and looked a bit worse for wear.

The girl Kei limped to their side, the kunai dagger slipping from her fingers. “Are they gone?” she whispered.

Tai gave a tired nod. “Yeah. Yeah I think they are.”

“We need to get away from here,” Daro said more confident than he felt, “find the others and report to Headquarters.”

The other two nodded in agreement and they set out.

“Hey,” Daro said, “I don’t think I ever asked, but… where… where is your third teammate?”

Tai and Kei exchanged a quick glance and Kei averted her eyes to the ground.

“He was killed,” Tai answered.

It was silent after that.

“I’m sorry,” Daro muttered. He should have known. He shouldn’t have asked.

“How about yours?” Kei asked softly. Her eyes were sad and she didn’t look at him.

Daro’s eyes turned concerned. “I don’t know,” he said, “I haven’t seen them since the start of this war. I don’t know if they’re still alive.”

Tai gave him a sorrowful look and Kei gently took his and. “You know,” Tai said, “Headquarters keeps a list of all known casualties. If we go there, we might find out more.”

Daro slowly turned to him. “Is that true?”

Tai nodded. “They always do.”

“Well then,” Daro said more determined, “what are we waiting for?”

***

Lightning flashed across Final Valley, but it was met with a fierce wind attack. “Will you stop it already?!” Naruto said.

Sasuke scoffed. “You were the one insisting on giving up.”

“Well I can’t let you continue with this pointless war.”

“It’s not pointless,” Sasuke said coldly, “they should pay for what they did.”

“Who?” Naruto asked angrily, “who should pay? And for what? Madara told me about Itachi. I know why you’re doing this, but it’s not right! This isn’t what he would have wanted.”

“Shut up!” Sasuke shouted, “don’t talk about Itachi!”

“I will!” Naruto growled, “because no matter what Danzou did or Madara, this won’t get your family back! Revenge will only make you feel empty! It’s got to stop!”

“It will stop! I will make it stop! It will stop when all the Kages are dead!”

“You idiot!” Naruto growled while dodging another one of Sasuke’s attacks, “when the Kages are dead, new Kages will be appointed and it will start all over. Are you going to keep killing until the entire world is wiped out?!

“”Heh,” Sasuke said while drawing his katana, “it’s easy for you. I’ve said it before, you never had anyone from the start, but I’ve lost everything.”

Naruto narrowed his eyes. Sasuke had always been thick-headed. “Don’t you care at all about your old friends?” he asked, “it’s them that are fighting now, losing loved ones, losing their own lives.”

“I’ve cut all ties with that place long ago,” Sasuke answered, “they mean nothing to me.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“That’s always been your problem, Naruto.” He swirled his sword.

“I told you,” the Kyuubi said to Naruto, “you’ll never get through to him.”

“I won’t give up,” Naruto growled, “I don’t turn my back on my friends. No matter what.”

“Talking to yourself now?” Sasuke mocked.

Naruto narrowed his eyes. “I’m talking to a friend.”

“That pathetic Kyuubi?” Sasuke scoffed, “I’ll rid you of him soon enough.”

“That brat,” the Kyuubi growled.

“I can’t let you do that,” Naruto said while forming Rasengan.

“Foolish Naruto,” Sasuke said, “we’re not children anymore. I have power now. That attack won’t harm me.”

Susanoo appeared around him.

“Now you’ve done it,” the Kyuubi said to Naruto, “now how are you gonna defeat him?”

“I’ll find a way,” Naruto said calmly.

The Kyuubi sighed. “You’re not giving up, are you?”

“No,” Naruto smirked, “you should know that by now. I don’t go back on my word.”

“Fine!” the Fox huffed, “then for this one time, I will help you.”

Naruto’s attack stuttered and his expression became confused. “You’ll… help me?”

“Just this once. But you’ll owe me big time after this.”

Naruto grinned. “Deal.”

“And don’t you dare tell that idiot Eight Tails. He’ll never let me hear the end of it.”

“Heh,” Naruto smirked, “don’t worry. Your secret’s safe with me.”

***

“Are you sure it’s safe to use it?” Tsunade’s face was full of worry.

Gaara sighed and ran a hand across through his hair. “I don’t know. The intel we had on this was very little and we didn’t have the opportunity to test it. But Orochimaru was after this weapon for a reason and it’s all we have at the moment.” He looked around the room at the Jounin that were gathered there. “My sister Temari is on her way here with the scroll that contains the weapon. This is all the information we have on how to use it. Perhaps with all of us together we can find a way to defeat Madara with it.”

“What was it meant for?” one of the Jounin asked, “how can you be certain it will work as you say?”

Gaara turned and looked at him with dark eyes. “Because my father was looking for it. That is why Orochimaru came to Suna and killed him. Because he wanted the weapon for himself.” He paused. “Because it was rumored you can extract Bijuu with it. And he was going to use it on me.”

***

“You need me to carry one of those for you?” Juugo casually asked as he watched Suigetsu struggle to tie his fourth sword to his belt.

“Heh,” Suigetsu scoffed, “no one touches these swords but me.”

“I wasn’t going to use them.”

“I don’t care. I’m not letting these babies out of my sight again.”

”Like they were ever yours,” Juugo muttered. He shook his head when Suigetsu petted one of the swords.

Suigetsu noticed and was about to snap at him when something ahead caught his attention and made him freeze. “Heh,” he said and unsheathed one of the swords, “I told you we were just pawns, didn’t I?”

Juugo followed his gaze confused and his eyes landed on the squadron that was headed their way.

“Playtime,” Suigetsu said in a sinister voice and he lifted the sword.

The alliance shinobi stopped in front of them. “You two,” a woman spoke, “were you not part of Uchiha Sasuke’s group?”

“Were we?” Suigetsu asked and cocked his head. He glanced at Juugo.

Juugo didn’t give any reaction, but looked at their opponents with a blank expression.

Suigetsu turned back to the woman. “I don’t really remember,”

One of the other Jounin eyed the swords strapped to his back. “Where did you get those?” he asked suspiciously.

“What? These?” Suigetsu answered innocently, “these are mine. I found them lying around and picked them up.”

“Drop the act,” the first woman spoke and she lifted her hands to form seals.

“Heh,” Suigetsu scoffed, “don’t we even get the benefit of the doubt?” He raised his sword. “If you think I’ll give myself up without a fight you’re severely mistaken. I didn’t defeat four swordsmen for nothing. I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to use these. And once I’m done with you, I’m going to collect the remaining three.”

***

“Stay close to me,” Kuro told his friend in a low voice as he pulled out his chain.

Hiro nodded and lifted a kunai dagger. Both boys stood back to back to face their opponents.

Kuro lifted his chain and swung it around to keep the enemy at bay while Hiro threw kunai daggers with explosive tags attached to them.

When a Sound shinobi approached them, Kuro swung his chain to the left to strike him down, but the momentum made it swing back around.

“Careful!” Hiro gasped, “you almost hit me!”

“Why do you think I told you to stay close,” Kuro told him, “I haven’t exactly had much time to practice with it.” His grip on the weapon became tighter and he looked around nervously. He kept swinging the chain around while Hiro threw knife after knife.

“I’ll be out of weapons soon,” Hiro said softly.

“I know,” Kuro answered. His eyes were full of worry. Hiro was already injured and unable to weave any signs for his jutsu. “We need to get out of here.”

He gasped when there was a sudden pull on his chain and he saw a sword pinning the end of the chain against the ground.

A shinobi with a Cloud forehead protector grinned at him. “You’re not going anywhere.” He formed a few seals and ran at the two boys. “Brats like you shouldn’t be at the battlefield! Allow me to send you home! Though it will be in a box!”

Both boys turned to face the shinobi and their eyes went wide at his speed.

Kuro quickly lifted his hands to cast a genjutsu, but it was already too late. The shinobi’s hand came down and he felt himself falling.

***

Temari rushed through the tents to Headquarters with two shinobi flanking her.

“Temari!” Gaara called the moment he noticed her. His sister nodded at him and made her way over to the council. “Did you bring it?” Gaara asked.

Temari nodded and handed him a sealed scroll. “This is it.” She looked at him hesitantly, “are you sure you want to use it?”

“We don’t have any other choice,” he said, “but it will take several people to perform the technique.”

“This weapon,” Tsunade said, “Is it similar to the technique Akatsuki used to extract the tailed beasts?”

“Similar,” Gaara nodded, “but not the same. This is no statue. It’s a weapon that cuts through chakra, but it’s dangerous to the user as well. One person can’t use it for long periods of time, because it also sucks the wielder’s chakra.”

“So that’s why you need several shinobi to use it,” Shikaku said with a thoughtful expression.

Gaara nodded. “Yes. And that’s not all. The shinobi performing the technique need to have the same lever of chakra. If the technique is broken before the Bijuu is extracted, the connection will be severed and the wielder could die.”

It was silent in the room and the gathered shinobi looked at each other with concerned faces.

“It’s all we have for the moment,” the Tsuchikage said, “We don’t have a  choice. But I am curious. What will Suna do once all the tailed beast are resealed in their  weapon?”

Gaara narrowed his eyes. “Are you suggesting something? Might I remind you we are at war and trying to find a way to defeat our common enemy?! Suna has no intention of taking all the tailed beasts for itself. They can stay in the custody of the council and we’ll decide what to do with them after the war is over!”

“Enough!” Tsunade shouted, “we settled these matters when we formed an alliance. If we’re going to fight amongst ourselves. Madara has already won.”

The Tsuchikage gritted his teeth. “You are right. I apologize.”

Gaara nodded. “We need to find shinobi that are in sync on chakra base.”

“The only people I can think of are Bee and the Raikage,” a Cloud shinobi said.

The Mizukage shook her head. “That is not an option since Bee is a Jinchuuriki himself,” she said, “I fear it would do more harm than good.”

“She’s right,” Gaara nodded.

“We should send Taryn,” Temari said.

“No,” Gaara cut her off.

“Taryn is in the infirmary,” Tsunade said at the same time.

“I know,” Gaara nodded, “I sent her there.”

“What do you mean?” Tsunade asked confused, “it was Bee that brought her. She was in pretty bad shape. She hasn’t reached consciousness yet.” She stared at Gaara’s horrified expression. “I thought you knew.”

Temari too stared at Tsunade in shock.

“Someone should tie that child to a chair,” the Tsuchikage muttered.

“Go,” Tsunade said to them, “we can manage here. Go see her.”

***

“Rasengan!”

Sasuke smirked as the attack bounced back from Susanoo. “Still using that same attack?” Lightning revolved around his entire body. With the speed of light, he raced at Naruto, who quickly flitted out of the way.

“Shadow Clones.” Three more Naruto’s surrounded Sasuke.

Sasuke shook his head and disposed of them one by one. “Is this all you’ve got?” Sasuke said, “even with that pathetic fox helping you, you’re still a loser.” He released a fire ball jutsu. “Give it up already.”

Naruto studied Sasuke carefully, trying to analyze his every move. Though Sasuke was a tough opponent, he still hadn’t used his best moves. ‘He hasn’t even tried to use Amaterasu yet. Is he saving it for later? Or does he not take me seriously?’

Sasuke gritted his teeth. He would never admit it, but fighting Naruto was far more difficult than he had expected. Combined with the energy of the nine tailed fox, the fight was wearing him out. Susanoo was already fading. Soon he would have to drop it completely or he wouldn’t have any chakra left to fight.

“When will you get it through that thick head of ours?” Naruto growled, “I will never give up on you. Why do you keep insisting that you’re on your own? You have friends! You even have family! Taryn…”

“Taryn is only doing this because she was obsessed with my brother!” He let out an evil laugh, “after I finish you off, she’s next.”

“She saved your life more than once!”

“And for what?!” Sasuke growled, “so I could kill my brother and live a lie?!”

“Because she cares about you, idiot!” Naruto shouted.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes in anger. “Shut up!”

“No. I won’t shut up.”

“Naruto,” the Kyuubi said, “don’t edge him on any further.’

But Naruto ignored him. “Are you really going to do whatever Madara tells you?!”

“Madara,” Sasuke scoffed, “Madara is an idiot. But he gave me the opportunity to get my revenge.”

“You know why I think you’re doing this?” Naruto said, “I think you know I’m right. It’s like you said all these years ago when you first left Konoha. You want to cut ties with everyone, but it’s not for the reason you keep giving everyone. I think you’re scared. You’re afraid you can’t go back so you just shut everyone out. Well, I won’t let you!” He took a step in Sasuke’s direction. “You’re afraid to care, because you think you don’t have anyone. Revenge has blinded you.” He took another step. “But you know that, don’t you? I don’t believe it’s all gone and do you know why? I remember how angry you were with Taryn when you still believed your brother was a murderer. You didn’t kill her just now. Why is that?”

“She’s not important,” Sasuke sneered, “just a waste of energy.”

“Liar,” Naruto said, “but I’ll make it easy for you. I won’t fight you anymore.” He stopped his chakra stream and kneeled on the ground.

“What are you doing?” Sasuke growled, “get up.”

“No,” Naruto said, “if you’re so determined to cut all ties, then start with me. It’s what you wanted from the start. I’ve decided I’m not going to try and stop you anymore. If it’s my life you want then take it.”

---

A/N Yes, I am going to leave you here. Sorry for the long wait. The next one won't take that long, I promise. Please leave a comment if you liked this chapter ^_^

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

120 0 12
'You guys worry too much, I' am not that weak and totally useless girl from the past anymore. You guys should worry about yourselves first. Don't wor...
94.7K 2.1K 15
What if Kakashi adopted an Uchiha of all people as his adopted daughter. A favor for his late friend. What will happen? What will happen to her as sh...
86.6K 2.5K 27
{Sakura Haruno Fanfiction} No longer is she a Konoha kunoichi, but now an S-rank rogue. Her sacrifice leading others to believe that she is nothing...
1.4K 77 13
A girl who has been branded with the mark of the criminal group 'the Akatsuki' appears at Konoha one day, broken and mentally damaged. What will it...