Fire Meets Fate (Jace Wayland...

By RowanMorgenstern

[DISCONTINUED FOR NOW] "Like gravity from underneath, We can't outrun our destiny. ... More

Cast and Introduction
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
hi!

CHAPTER SEVEN

1.8K 60 2
By RowanMorgenstern

The Soul Instructed

~

The piece of bloodied cloth was held tightly in my left hand while my right drew over the tracking rune with my stele, activating it.

"No point tracking." Isabelle spoke up, nudging me slightly "Our mundane's dead."

"It's better we try." Clary sighed, looking around "In case he's being held over water or something."

"Clary's right." I muttered, staying close to my Parabatai as she cautiously walked through the back ends of the streets, where most vampires hang out. "Are you sure you're okay, walking through a neighbourhood filled with creatures of the night?"

"I can handle it." Izzy replied, giving me a fake smile that I saw straight through. "Yin Fen dealers know the dirt, if we play our cards right, their might be a lead to this delinquent bloodsucker."

"So, that mundane you're avoiding, is it because you're still hung up on Raphael?" Clary piped up, crossing her arms as she moved in closer to us.

"Let's just drop it." Izzy said before Clary chuckled.

"You do remember who you're talking too."

"All the guys I've been with, sex was always a big part of it." Isabelle started, sighing gently "With Raphael, it was about everything but that. He made me feel like I wanted so much more."

"So, why end it?" I asked softly.

"We thought we couldn't be together without being tempted by our old habits. But Raphael and I, there's something about us that just fits."

"Izzy, as your Parababe, I know your instincts are always spot-on." I smiled warmly. "If you and Raphael fit—" My heart skipped a beat slightly with hope as the cloth started to glow.

"It's glowing." Clary exhaled sharply, her arms uncrossing.

"Does that mean?" Izzy started, looking at the glowing cloth.

"It means I just got a tracking hit on our missing mundane." I breathed out, the corners of my lips curving up slightly.

"He's not dead." Clary said, stating the obvious.

"Not yet anyways." I added as the girls and I set off to find the mundane, our walking turning into a full blown sprint.
.
.
We walked down the steps of an old looking warehouse, Isabelle now holding the cloth as Clary and I trailed behind her. "Tracking signal's on fire." Izzy stated.

"That means the mundane must be so fucking close to us right now." I muttered as I peered over the edge of the railing, groaning as a I saw a mound of dirt with a hole inside. "This does not look fucking good and I don't want the mundane anywhere near me now."

"Come on, Ari." Clary sighed as she grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the railings. We continued to walk down the stairs, my blade held tightly in my hand while Izzy held her whip and Clary held her Dual Kindjals. We continued to walk through the building, peering around for the mundane while I activated my blade, watching as the runes glowed red.

I walked down the creepy isle, the silence almost deafening me as I heard something move behind me. "Looking for something?" I turned around and gasped slightly. The man was breathing heavily as he stalked towards the girls and I.

"We know you're thirsty." Clary spoke up, holding her blades out in front of her. "We're not here to hurt you."

The man who's name I believed to be, Leo, still stalked towards us, almost snarling. "Where is the vampire that killed you?" Isabelle asked in a bored tone, which only made him laugh.

"Stay back!" I demanded, stepping in front of Izzy and Clary, not wanting them to get hurt. "We don't want to hurt you, so for the love of all things extremely deathly, take us to your bloody sire.....pun intended."

"Not a chance." He growled as he charged towards us which made Isabelle lash out her whip and swing it towards him, slashing him across the chest. He hissed in pain and staggered backwards.

I smirked as he charged towards Clary and I. I looked at the redhead and pushed her back before kicking Leo's arm away, giving Isabelle the leverage of wrapping her whip around it, strongly pulling him into some old withering shelving that broke upon his landing.

He quickly stood up and began to fight Izzy, I gasped as she fell to the floor, making my anger spark as I charged towards him. "Go check on Izzy." I yelled at Clary as I slashed my blade across the Vampires chest, listening as he hissed out in pain.

I went to slash him again before he grabbed my arm and pulled me around, my back hitting his stomach as he tightened his grip on me, barring his fangs. "Ari!" Clary yelled as he advanced towards my neck. I felt my eyes glow gold as I activated my strength rune, pulling my hand free as I swung it upwards, pushing my blade through his skull before he turned into ash, releasing me from his grip.

"Suck a bag of dicks." I muttered down to his ashes while putting my blade back into my holster. "That fucking dick really hurt my wrists." I frowned, rubbing at them.

"Nicely done." Isabelle chuckled, walking over to give me a hug. "It's fun to see my Parababe, kicking some ass."

"Well, it's what I do." I breathed out before pulling out of the hug, smiling at her. Clary opened her mouth to say something before a loud scream broke through the silence. "It's coming from the roof." I stated, gesturing for Clary and Izzy to follow as I started to run towards the screaming.

As I reached the top, a door blocked my way as I tried to open it but it would not budge. "Stand back!" I demanded as the screaming grew louder. "It's Raphael." Izzy stated in panic as she and Clary stepped back. My eyes widened with panic as I threw myself at the door, watching as it gave way and opened.

"Raphael!" I gasped as I ran over to him, Isabelle and Clary following. I fell onto my knees and took his head onto my lap as Clary used her runes to pull the shackles away from him. "Help me stand him up." I said, looking at Izzy as she placed his left arm over her shoulder as I did the same with his right. The both of us pulling him into the shadows.

"What happened?" Izzy asked, looking at Raphael with worry in her eyes.

Raphael was breathing heavily as he replied "I tried to get a lead on the Vampire. I tried to take her down on my own." He continued to cry as I gently rubbed his back, trying to sooth him. "She got the upper hand."

"Who, Raph?" I asked, making him turn to look at me "Who is she?"

"I don't know." He replied before looking away from me, tears still falling down his cheeks. Isabelle moved her head to rest on the side of his, her eyes closing in worry as I smiled at the both of them softly.
.
.
.
"What's happening?" I asked as I walked into the Institute, Alec and Magnus walked towards me as I walked towards them, giving Alec a quick hug as I did so.

"We're not sure." Magnus replied.

"Gilbert how long has the system been down?" Alec asked, looking over at a Gilbert who was messing with one of the monitors, he looked up upon his name being called and walked over to us.

"Less than ten minutes." He replied. "Hopefully it was just a glitch."

Alec and I exchanged looks as we quickly ran towards the room where Morgan was being kept. Magnus following us.

As we walked out of the elevator and walked towards the glass-like-boxed room, Morgan was laying on the floor, lifelessly. "No." Alec exclaimed as the three of us ran towards her. Alec crouched down to roll Morgan onto her back as Magnus used his magic.

I jumped back as Morgan sat up gasping, a confused look appearing onto her face as she looked around the room. "What's going on?" I asked, staring at Morgan in disbelief.

"She's free of all demonic possession." Magnus stated, a confused look on his face.

"Where am I?" Morgan asked, still breathing heavily.

"Hey, you're okay." Alec said softly, trying to calm her down. "You're okay." He repeated himself as we exchanged looks, I smiled at him and winked. Proud of the way he was handling the situation.
.
.
.
I took off my jacket and placed it over my arm, letting my legs carry me towards my bedroom as I yawned. Hopefully Jace is asleep, he did miss the alert so that's the only reason I can come up with. Plus, it would be bonus if he was sleeping, he needs it.

I opened the door stepped inside, closing the door behind me. I looked up, my smile fading as I spotted Jace sitting up in bed, clutching onto his family ring. A few tears falling down his cheeks. I rushed over to him, my jacket now left laying on the floor as I sat down in front for him. "Jace, what's wrong?" I whispered, reaching up to cup his cheeks gently. "Talk to me, baby, what's wrong?"

"I was walking back from the Jace Wolf and—" He paused, his voice sounded so weak, so pained it made tears appear in my eyes. But I kept them in, I have to stay strong for him. "I don't know how I got here." He continued as he fiddled with his ring. "Ari, I think I'm—Im losing my mind."

I looked into his eyes before pulling him into my arms, reaching up to run my fingers through his messy blonde hair. "I'm here for you, Jace." I whispered "I love you so much."

"Don't leave me, don't leave me here alone." He whispered, hugging me tighter. "I love you." He kept repeating, over and over again.

I love you

Authors note,
Sorry it's so late and all that jazz, I could not think of a good ending for this soooo, here you gooooo. It's a bad one. I know.
~Robyn

Some edits:
1.) Cast

2.) Gilbert and Clary

3.) poster

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 383 25
Alec is studying to be a lawyer at university at his father's insistence, but he wants to be a vet. He loves animals and reading. His father abuses h...
609K 12.3K 31
"When the daylight disappears, you'll find no shelter in this tangled web of fear" I don't own Shadowhunters, I only own Ariana Lewis and her plot a...
63.1K 1.1K 50
In the Shadow-world all the legends are true. From Werewolf's to Warlock, Vampires and angel/human hybrids called Shadowhunters, who fight demons for...
4.1K 132 24
Hello! So most of the fanfics I've been reading on here have to do with Magnus and Alec breaking up or one of them dying etc. This one doesn't. Soooo...