Unknown | ✔ | First Version

By Young_Queen1246

Perhaps things would have turned out differently. Maybe I could have avoided what was to come. Maybe it's a g... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Epilogue

Chapter XXXIII

16 3 0
By Young_Queen1246

(warning: Violence involved)

Chapter 33

L i n d a

 She wasn't kidding when she said she lived far. 

I park along the sidewalk. feeling my heart race as I step out and head towards her front door. 

Something's not right. I feel it. But that doesn't stop me as I move closer, passing her car which is on the driveway- the memory from last night hitting me full force.

Her house looks dull and lonely as if no one lives there. Even the few houses around look abandoned, almost no sign of life. I take a deep breath as I walk past her car. Getting closer to the wooden porch. 

 It's my fault she ran off last night.

The steps creak as I step on them, my hand getting ready to knock until I notice the door cracked open. Yet no sound on the other side of it.

I push it gently, opening it a little wider. 

"Eva?" I call out. My voice echoing inside. I step in. Not bothering to close the door and feel the temperature drop, causing a shiver to go down my spine.

My eyes widen as I reach the end of the hall. Staring at the mess in the living room. As if a tornado passed through here. Glass is shattered everywhere, cabinet's and tables knocked over along with dents and holes on the wall.

Oh no.

"Eva!"  I yell looking around frantically.

Suddenly I hear the front door slam shut followed by heavy footsteps. I look up- spotting a figure looking directly at me. Completely covered in all black from head to toe.  His brown eyes and lips on display.

I turn on my heels and bolt trying to head to one of the closest rooms without tripping on some objects lying on the floor, but it's too late. Strong arms wrap around me lifting me in the air as if I weigh nothing.

"Help!" I yell,  struggling, kicking and hitting- trying to escape from his hold.

The attacker slams a hand on my mouth. "Shh quiet down." He snaps.

I keep struggling until finally, I feel his hold loosen. I throw my head back, probably breaking his nose in the process and causing him to yelp in pain and drop me to the floor.

I waste no time getting up and making my way to the front door. Not daring to look back but I'm grabbed once again and thrown roughly on to a couch close by. I try to get up, yet the person pushes me down. Pinning me to the couch.

"Eva!" I yell again.

"She's not here. We took care of her" His voice gruff and threatening. I can see the blood trailing from his nose to his lip.

I struggle again, attempting to pull away from his tight grip. He lets go of one of my hands and suddenly my cheek  stings. He hit me.

"You fucking bitch. I can see why she wants you died." 

No, this can't be happening. I need to get out. I need to get help.

I feel him shift on top of me and without a second thought I knee him in the groin, causing him to grunt and roll over- falling to the glass covered floor. I jump up as fast as I can and run to the front door- wrenching it open.

I need to get to my car.

"Help me!" I shout stumbling my way down the steps. Hoping that whoever is out there is listening. Hoping someone will show up upon my cries.

I'm halfway to my car when I'm pushed to the ground, landing hard on my back and head. Black dots trying to invade my vision. I try to get up once again, but it's impossible. My body aches in pain I've never experienced before.

"Now princess enough with the playing its time for us to leave."

Another person looks at me smirking yet his green eyes hold curiosity as he stares at me.

The guy from inside comes running out "You got her?" He exclaims, rage detected in his voice as he slams the front door shut.  Eyes narrowing when he spots me and comes marching towards me.

Once he's in front of me. He crouches down and grips my neck. Making it hard for me to breath and turns to glare at his partner causing him to back away.

I grasp his hands/ Trying to loosen his hold but its no use, He's much stronger than me, and I can feel myself slowly losing consciousness.

"We can't damage her a lot. You know what she said. She wants to take care of it herself."

The guy glances back down at me. His hands tightening a bit more before completely letting me go. 

I roll over gasping for air to enter into my lungs despite the pain shooting through me.

"We don't want to keep her waiting then" Amusement laced in his voice.

He then grips my chin making me look back up at him again.

"You must have done something really bad to piss her off," He says.

He looks away from me to look back up at his partner. "Is he coming?"

To answer his question a dark van pulls up into the driveway parking beside Eva's car. Another guy steps out, and when he looks at me, I see the guilt and concern etched into his blue eyes.

"Here take her" The guy gripping my chin lets go. Only for him to grasp my hair instead, forcing me to stand on shaky legs- causing a whimper to escape my lips as he hands me over to the guy from the van.

I'm still trying to catch my breath when he takes me by my arm gently and lifts me into his arms, proceeding to take me to the back of the van. The green-eyed guy comes over to open the back door before leaving us two alone.

I don't even fight when the guy holding me lays me inside. My back hurts, head throbbing, along with cuts and bruises forming and bleeding.

I plead looking at him. He looks like he wants to help, but he shakes his head and looks away.

"Sorry. I tried to warn you." He whispers. I can hear the other two getting into the front seats of the van slamming the car doors shut. 

"Hurry up" One of them commands.

I feel tears forming in my eyes and slowly stream down my checks but not in fear, but in hopelessness, pain, and guilt.

Eva's somewhere hurt or even in danger and all because of me. I wasn't strong enough. I failed, I failed my friends, myself and Jacob.

The guy brings his hand up, and I flinch waiting for another impact. Instead, a hand brushes away my tears causing me to re-open my eyes only to see him reach into his back pocket and pulls out a rag.

"Please don't" My voice shaky and breathless. I can even taste the blood from the cut on my lip.

He doesn't answer only shoves the rag on to my mouth and nose without a second thought. 

Eva?
My friends?
Help, but no one can hear me.

******

I wake up my head throbbing even more and my breathing uneven.

I try to look around through my half-closed eyelids and the small light bulb hanging in the ceiling, giving off little light. I spot boxes staked. a small table beside me and a few empty old beer bottles laying on the floor. From the looks of it I'm in a warehouse.

I try to move. But my hands and feet are tied behind the chair I'm sitting in- the rope digging into my flesh, my arms and legs soar. I even see dirt on my pants and shirt and just like on the floor. There is blood.

Suddenly I hear a door open followed by a bright light causing me to look down and blink rapidly. With the few strength I have left I force myself to look back up, but when I do, I'm hit with shock by the person standing in front of me.

Her.

Unharmed. Bright blue eyes filled with amusement. A smirk on her lips and blond hair pulled up into a high ponytail, while her hand is on the main light switch.

"I told and warned you to stay away. You should have listened."

-

-

-

-

-

"Eva...!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1.2K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
75.9K 1.2K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
14.6K 1.4K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
The Third Word By keraunos

Mystery / Thriller

36.8K 3K 101
A text that changed her life. __________________________________________________ Gwen Smith had a crush on Ethan, a very charming and kind guy from t...