Property of a Gordon

By TalatheWolf

He just kept smiling while shaking his head. "After you, Snowflake," he said, sweeping his hand, but I only g... More

Copyright/Warning
Property of a Gordon
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four
Chapter Five (Kendall)
Chapter Five (Snowflake)
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen (Kendall)
Chapter Sixteen (Snowflake)
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
A Thank You
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four (Kendall)
Chapter Twenty Four (Snowflake)
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty (Kendall)
Chapter Thirty (Snowflake)
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine (Kendall)
Chapter Thirty Nine (Snowflake)
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three (Kendall)
Chapter Forty Three (Snowflake)
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
Forty Three Facts for Forty Two Chapters
Future of the story/ Playlist
Patience of a Gordon
Another Thank You?
Property of a Gordon: Moments

Chapter Thirty Three

106K 4.4K 282
By TalatheWolf

Chapter Thirty Theee

"Quit it," I hissed at Nolan, who hadn't stopped following me when I'd abruptly walked away from him.

"Not until you've heard me out, darling," Nolan replied from behind me, and I silently cursed but refrained from replying.

I knew Nolan better than anyone, and I happened to know that he was the most stubborn person on this earth. He always got his way simply because in his mind, failure wasn't possible.

I scanned the hall, faintly realizing we were near the empty room Kendall had once taken me in to eat lunch. It was an odd place to eat, but the perfect place to talk.

I located the room, opening the door and dragging Nolan inside with me. I closed it and turned to meet a rather smug man. Of course, Nolan was probably born with that stupid look on his face, so it didn't surprise me.

He walked closer, his amber eyes solely on me. I found myself walking backward, the prey attempting to escape its predator. But it was useless in a closed-off room, and I was soon backed into a corner.

I growled at him, the animalistic part of me feeling very threatened. I was trapped without escape by a very dominant wolf. That part of me itched for an escape route and wanted nothing to do with Nolan and his seductive ways.

But the larger part of me wasn't worried. Nolan could tempt the skirt off an asexual female if he wanted. It was his way of feeling in control or feeling as if he were the most dominant one in the room.

I decided to play along, hoping that if I pressed the right buttons, I would get what I wanted in return. It was just like a sensual dance, and I was prepared to be the last one standing.

"Flower, if you wanted to get me alone you certainly didn't have to drag me into an empty room," Nolan said with a grin, one hand playing with the edge of the dress I wore, intentionally skimming my outer thigh.

"Darling, if I wanted you undressed, you'd be undressed," I purred, running a nail along the thick vein in his neck. I knew without looking that desire had created a smokey ring in his eyes.

He leaned closer, but I placed a hand on his chest, preventing him from going further. His chest rumbled under my hand as he growled in displeasure. I would never admit this to Nolan, but I had missed our moments when we played for power over one another.

"Tell me there is no man of importance for you so that our bodies can become reacquainted," Nolan whispered, a hand snaking around my waist. I was surprised by both the sudden change in topics and by the plea in his voice.

I sighed, deciding that an answer wouldn't hurt anyone. "Sweetheart, we broke up mutually. You were too possessive, and I wasn't ready to give you what you wanted," I said softly, reaching up and running a hand through his hair. I found myself liking the newer style more.

"I am a patient man, darling. I waited years and years before I found you. I'm willing to wait until you're ready to settle down," Nolan said, completely shifting the conversation from the direction I wanted.

I frowned, pushing him back and leaving the corner. It was useless to try playing his game. Nolan wouldn't tell me what he knew unless I gave him something in return.

"I wasn't ready to settle down then, and I'm not ready to now," I said, crossing my arms.

"Now tell me what you know," I tried, and Nolan snorted, returning to himself.

"You and I both know it isn't that easy. I suggest you tell me why I can't have you, or I'll tell your Prince that you plan to free the werewolves he paid a great sum for," Nolan said, and the room seemed to freeze in those few seconds.

I narrowed my eyes, studying him. "You wouldn't," I spat, not bothering to deny it. My face had probably said it all, in that moment.

"You of all people should know that bluffing isn't part of my game," Nolan replied, his face serious without a hint of humor.

"Bastard," I growled, turning away from him. I needed to think, and seeing him would only resurrect more anger.

Kendall surely wouldn't believe Nolan, that I didn't doubt at all. He would throw him out for the accusation and go on with life.

However, when the wolves did go missing, Kendall would instantly think I was responsible. I could deny it all I wanted, but Kendall would still put all the blame on me.

"I just told you I don't want to settle down. What more do you want?" I said finally, turning back to him.

Nolan shook his head at me, smirking. He knew he had the power right now, and he was going to savor it. "There's more to it, darling, and it involves that Gordon boy," he said, spitting out Kendall's last name like it was an unwanted disease.

"I don't want to settle down, Nolan, damn it! I don't want to move into a house with four rooms, and I don't want to raise a litter of pups for you. I know that the second I do that I can kiss what life I had goodbye. I'll only be a housewife who cleans after her messy kids and lays awake, waiting for her husband to come home.

I don't want anything to do with your traditional ways. You and I both know that's exactly how our life together would be. You would never imagine letting me work where I'd be alone with other males. And I know it would never cross your mind to hire a nanny to watch the pups. In your eyes, that's what I'm there for," I said, my voice growing soft near the end.

Nolan hadn't said a word and his face was expressionless, but I knew him better than anyone. Those harsh words had pierced through him without warning and stung. I felt guilty, but every word rang with truth.

I walked over to him slowly, a sad smile on my face. I slipped a hand under his shirt, feeling his torso relax at the contact. I ran the other along his rough eyebrow, standing on my toes to press my lips against his forehead before he sighed.

"Nolan, I love you; you know I do. I love you like crazy, more than anyone. You've always been there for me, sweetheart, when no one else was. I'm just not in love with you anymore," I said, and a faint smile played on his lips.

"And the Gordon boy? Are you more than his lap dog?" Nolan asked quietly, leaning his forehead on mine.

"I answered you, so tell me how you found out," I pressed, not wanting to talk about Kendall. It would only ruin the mood, which was just now calming down.

"You were watching the prison where they're kept even more than I was. Your eyes would watch everything that went in and out of there. You also attempted to talk to the guards, which I knew would be pointless. They're as stiff as wood. I also knew your parents and that some of their rebellion leaked into their child," Nolan started, and I found myself frowning.

I hadn't covered my tracks nearly enough and Nolan had noticed. It made me wonder if anyone else had been watching me.

"In truth, my darling flower, I've been watching too. However, unlike you, I have the perfect plan," he explained and I blinked, pulling away.

Just when I thought I was ahead of everyone, I was actually ten steps behind Nolan. Of course, he had a plan; he wouldn't have approached me if he didn't.

"Alright, share," I said, watching a sly grin spread across his face.

Nolan rubbed his chin, pretending to be in thought. "Let's say I hypothetically know a guard, one who just so happened to give me a few of her things," Nolan said and this time, I snorted.

"So you screwed her brains out. And she gave you whatever you wanted? Poor human," I said, tsking him and knowing it wouldn't affect him.

"Absolutely, darling. So I took one of her uniforms, the leash, and chain she used for her wolf. I then retrieved the keys for the room. She just left them lying there; it was a pity, really," Nolan said, shaking his head as he faked sympathy. I just rolled my eyes at him, glad the atmosphere had changed.

"Your master plan is that we walk in there, disguised as a guard and wolf?" I asked, disappointed I hadn't thought of that. It seemed so simple.

"Ah, but here's the hard part: we have to walk in at the same time one of the few elite guards does. This key only unlocks the cell assigned to one wolf. However, there is another lock, identical on all cells inside. They're for emergencies and only the elite guards have access to the skeleton key," Nolan explained, and I frowned at him.

"You couldn't sleep with one of them?" I snapped, frustrated. There was a very good chance that we could "bump" into Lance in the Indoor Stable.

"I don't swing that way, darling. But I would for you," Nolan quickly replied, waggling his eyebrows. Leave it to him to start flirting at this moment.

"I don't plan on changing my gender anytime soon. Let's go before people start assuming things," I said, going towards the door with Nolan right behind me.

"Too late, flower," Nolan sang right before I opened the door.

There stood Kendall, hands behind his back, face expressionless. He wasn't looking at me but at the man behind me who was undoubtedly smirking.

"My business with you is finished. I allowed you to say your goodbyes to Snowflake, which it appears you more than did. Now leave," Kendall said calmly as Nolan stepped from behind me to my side.

He opened his mouth, but I quickly bumped my shoulder against his playfully. "Goodbye, Nolan," I said pointedly, watching his eyes flicker. I knew it was hard for him to walk away from a battle, but miraculously, he did.

Nolan kissed my hair, whispering parting words before he walked out, making sure to hit Kendall with his shoulder as he did so. Kendall didn't react, only looked at me.

I expected him to express anger at me or something in that general area as he closed the door. But he turned around, and those pale blue eyes of his held a fond look that only seemed to be reserved for me.

I smiled with relief and went into Kendall's arms, wrapping my own around him. "Nothing happened," I mumbled into his chest, happy he wasn't angry.

"I know that, love. I trust you," Kendall said simply, but the words warmed my heart.

We went silent, the two of us remaining that way for a whole minute before Kendall spoke up. "We did not discuss what we were," he said, and I looked at him in confusion for a moment.

"You're a handsome Prince and I'm your beautiful Protector. I thought that was obvious," I teased before he sighed at me.

"You know what I meant, love. Are we considered a couple?" Kendall asked lightly and I tensed, pulling away from him.

"Not everything requires a label, Kendall," I said, no longer looking at him. I wouldn't settle down for Nolan, and I didn't plan on settling down for Kendall right now.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his lips land on the back of my neck. "I am aware. I asked because I wanted to know how I am allowed to approach you in public," he said, and I felt myself relaxing.

"A guard already saw us in the garden all cozied up. I suppose it doesn't matter. But if you're some fanatic for PDA, then I'll hurt you if you come near me," I warned and felt his warm laughter on my neck.

"I will be sure to keep that in mind. But simple gestures of affection once every while are acceptable, yes?" Kendall asked, and a smile finally slipped on my face.

I turned around, nodding. "Yes, Kendall. This is an example of what isn't fine," I said, pressing my lips against his, savoring the moment.

We then left, walking to dinner, Kendall questioning what was considered as a public display of affection and what wasn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 31.5K 49
⚠️⚠️Rated Mature ⚠️⚠️ 🌟🌟I do not own rights to images on the cover or the song lyrics in the book. All rights go to the photographers and writers...
225K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
112 6 1
Duncan Fletcher isn't just some ordinary high school senior in the city of OmenBrooke. He's likely been through more pain than you could possibly ima...
64K 1.3K 24
(Completed) "You're not a monster you're a werewolf like me." What if Scott McCall had a younger sister? What is she was born a werewolf? What if s...