ppgzxrrbz call of the wolves

By ButterflyThePpgz

it's in the title I don't wanna spoil the story but it's filled with mystery who are the supernaturals in thi... More

a wolves howl
a wolves secret
when a wolf holds a grudge
asking a wolf to forgive
competitive wolf
wolves and there enemies
let the wolf hunt begin
where wolves lie
wolves attack with claws
every wolf has a secret
new wolf in the pack
Wolves, Friends, and Foes
mask of a wolf
Concerned Wolves
Wolves Feel Vulnerable Too
new wolf in town
A wolf in sheep's clothing
only wolves will hear you
Wolfish Secrets
When Wolves Become the Prey
tension in the Wolfpack
Teary Wolf Memories
A Wolf's Curiosity
A Wolf's Awakening
sorry
what a wolf remembers
The She Wolf
what a wolf forgets
wolves at bay

a wolves hunt

212 11 4
By ButterflyThePpgz

Summary: "I'm not what you think I am," breathed the spiky-black haired bad boy, leaning in. "Sure you aren't," she muttered, pushing him away. He raised an eyebrow. "That's what you think," he replied evenly. Rated T, R&R!

Buttercup stared ahead, unable to breathe. She was alone with Butch...in the woods. And did she mention she was alone with him?

He stood, his green gaze flickering from one tree to the next, but never meeting her eyes. He sat, extremely still, his breathing coming out slow and even. She was surprised at how cool and collected he was.

"Butch," she began, but he cut her off.

"Get down," he hissed. When he turned and saw her confused gaze, he growled, "Just do it."

"And why should I?" she demanded in a whisper, recovering. She folded her arms in defiance. She wasn't sure why she was being so quiet, but maybe it was just the way Butch looked, his eyes dark and his breathing slow.

"Do it," he hissed, ripping impatiently at the few blades of grass poking out of the earth. Buttercup wasn't sure, but she saw something glint from his hands as they tore up the earth.

"Why should I?" she repeated, making a face.

He growled lowly, his patience obviously at its end. "Just do it," he warned. "They're coming. I can hear them."

"Who?" she asked, completely confused by now.

"...Them," he answered. "Now get down."

"I don't believe you," she said simply. "How come you can hear them and I can't?"

Growling in frustration, he glared at her with his dark forest-green eyes. "Do. As. I. Say. RightNow."

When Buttercup didn't budge, his patience completely shattered and he lunged at her. Buttercup expected him to rip out her throat, so she held her arms out in defense. But he shoved her to the side instead of attacking, pinning her against a tree behind the bushes.

"Butch-"

His breathing was ragged now, and he clamped a hand over her mouth. "Shhh. Stay quiet for a bit," he murmured.

Buttercup froze. With Butch so close to her, his electrifying green gaze sending shivers down her spine, she just couldn't seem to move.

He then switched his gaze from her eyes to the tree behind them. "Be patient and stay still. They'll pass in awhile."

Sure enough, Buttercup could soon hear shouts and quick footfalls.

"What's happening?" she whispered, removing his hand from her mouth.

He shook his head in response, a few strands of his black hair falling into her face. He placed his strong hand against her mouth again, his breathing still slow. "Shhh," he reminded her in a hushed whisper.

"He's not here!" a voice reported from nearby, loud and clear, ringing through the woods.

"Keep searching!" another voice snapped back. "He's got to be here somewhere. You saw him run in!"

The one who'd first spoken had probably nodded, because his footsteps were drawing closer to their hiding spot.

Buttercup felt fear spark in her heart, and she slowly shut her eyes. She understood now. He was being hunted for something she didn't know about. And she'd been caught up in the chase.

Buttercup leaned her head against his sturdy chest, and she felt him stiffen before relaxing. Both remained still and quiet, waiting for the footsteps to get too close...

"What are you doing?"

The new voice stopped the person who'd been walking towards them in his tracks. "Maxim ordered me to search further—" he began, but didn't finish.

"It's clear he's not in these parts. Let's go."

The person must've nodded again, because his footfalls were now going in the opposite direction.

When they were gone and all was silent, Buttercup reopened her eyes. She saw Butch's eyes were closed, and his breaths felt warm against her ear.

As if sensing her movement, he whispered, "Stay. I'll tell you when it's safe."

Buttercup froze, obeying him. She didn't know why, but she just did.

After a few minutes, she was starting to think Butch was either overreacting or was just being a pervert.

But then he leaned back, letting his hand fall from her face as he relaxed. "They're gone," he sighed in relief.

She sat straighter, drawing her legs closer together, to her chest. At first they'd been spread apart, her knees touching each other. "Why are they chasing you?" she asked quietly, her eyes on the tree behind him and not actually on him.

Butch sighed, looking to the other side, shrugging as he pushed a hand up his hair. "Oh well. I guess it can't be helped."

"What can't be helped?" she asked, confused.

He looked back at her, sighing lightly. "I'm not what you think I am," breathed the spiky-black haired bad boy, leaning in.

"Sure you aren't," she muttered, pushing him away, frowning.

He raised an eyebrow. "That's what you think," he replied evenly. Then he leaned back again, staring at his worn-out faded green sneakers. "But I guess the time's too soon to tell you the truth."

Buttercup narrowed her eyes. "Why did you wait so long before letting me go?" she demanded.

He grinned. "Oh now that's easy," he chuckled. "I was waiting until they wouldn't be able to hear us, and besides, I didn't want to let you go." He offered a wink.

Buttercup flushed before punching him in the arm. She'd suspected right; he was just being a pervert! And to think she'd leaned against his chest...She shuddered.

But it had been so strong and had felt so safe, his warm scent of the world outside and men's cologne wrapping around her like a mist.

He laughed. "Relax, Butterbabe," he smirked, rubbing his arm. "It wasn't that bad." Then his face darkened into a more solemn gaze. "But it's true that I was waiting for them to be unable to hear us. Their hearing is...good, let's just say. I'm sorry for putting you in such serious danger."

Buttercup stared him in amazement. Had he just apologized to her...? And danger? She wasn't sure if she'd heard right.

He stood up then, a small half-smile appearing on his face. His jade-green eyes met hers. "Come on; let's head back." He offered her his hand.

Buttercup hesitated before grasping it in her own hand. The two fit together nicely, his strong hand giving hers a faint squeeze as she got up too. Buttercup looked up at him in surprise. Was this really the Butch she knew...?

He grinned slightly back at her, and Buttercup couldn't suppress the shiver that tingled down her spine. She was sure she could see sharp canines glinting in the moonlight, his emerald-green eyes shimmering as well.

"Let's go home now," he whispered, and she only nodded, shivering, but not because of the cold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 300 14
The original story was called "Animals" on my old account. As promised, I'm rewriting it. The plot is different than what my 11 year old mind came up...
869 4 12
Three sisters have just moved in right next door to you, and you become friends with them. Their father sleeping with your mom, and you have drama wi...
256 29 22
This is the story of different super natural beings how they meet their mates and each other and the future of them together is a mystery itself Have...
42.5K 908 28
When Noelle Sanchez meets Luca Costello at her first high school party she doesn't expect to ever talk to him again but when she ends up becoming bes...