Survivor

By wizzywarrior

❝ I'm a survivor, I'm not gon' give up I'm not gon' stop, I'm gon' work harder I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make... More

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one

chapter six

3.1K 52 4
By wizzywarrior

A few hours later, by nightfall, Finn, Jasper and Monty returned with a few sticks of chamomile. The good news was this was enough to treat about ten people or less. Bad news? Well there was more than ten people with a bad cough, the others were just suffering from injuries. The hard part was for Clarke to decide who to treat.

Right now, Clarke, Finn and I were in a huddled group, deciding who gets medicine. Which was probably one of my hardest decisions yet. I didn't want to decide who lives or dies but its what had to be done.

"We only have enough for nine people and I have fourteen patients suffering from a back cough." Clarke said in a whisper "what are we suppose to do?"

"The kids should be given it first, then those with the worst cough." Finn suggested.

"I can agree with that." I added in, hoping the girl I met would be ok.

Clarke sighed "oka-"

"What's going on?" Octavia's brother said as he arrived in the room.

"We're treating our patients, Bellamy." Clarke told him.

"Oh yea? You can't sit her and tell me that everyone that's injured will make it, now can you?" Bellamy said in a loud voice.

"Keep it down, it'll only cause chaos if they find out." Finn said quietly.

Bellamy glanced at me then at Clarke "you better know what you're doing princess."

"We do know what were doing" I insisted as I locked eyes with him, he was something else..now I understood why Octavia disliked him.

"Whatever," he said before leaving.

"What's his problem?" I asked rolling my eyes as he left.

"He's convincing everyone we don't need our wristbands or the arks help. Of course Clarke and I don't agree.." Finn explained.

I had barley listened to his words, Clarke and I kept ringing in my head. Did he mean he cared about Clarke? What about Raven? Suddenly I took a step back giving Clarke an uneasy stare, she wouldn't replace Raven!

"Something wrong?" Clarke asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"You'll never replace her." I muttered through gritted teeth before running out the dropship door.

I had to admit my leg was hurting as I ran into the dark abyss, out of the dropship. But I couldn't stand being with Clarke another second, especially not if she was taking Raven's place. How could Finn even replace her? I was pissed now. Raven trusted him!

I ran a good distance through camp, until my left leg hurt too much, I ended up leaning agaisnt a tree panting. My knee looked fine but it still needed some time to heal. My attention changed towards the bushes as I heard a twig snap. The guy with goggles, Jasper, was approaching me.

"Something wrong kiddo?" He asked with a generous smile.

"No..just tired" I lied. If there was one thing I knew, it was not to trust easily. It took an easy second to where someone could snap and change from your friend to your worst enemy.

"You sure? I mean a tired kid would be in bed, no?" He said with a small chuckle.

"I'm not a kid, I'm just as strong as any of you." I said in annoyance, I hated being called a kid.

"Alright, then what your name?" He asked, which now I was warming up to him, he seemed pretty nice.

"Lizzie, and your Jasper right?" I asked just to be sure.

"Yea. Alright Lizzie, what's wrong?" He asked yet again, he was pretty stubborn.

"Its just.." I sighed, he seemed pretty nice so I decided to be honest with him. "I think Finn and Clarke are something.."

"Seemed like it, why?" He asked, confused.

"He's dating my step sibling, Raven." I replied glancing up at him.

"Oh, well who knows, maybe he just doesn't think he'll see her again?" Jasper said offering a bit of comfort.

I shook my head "he kept his bracelet on, he has hope she will..so why?"

Jasper sighed "I'm sorry kiddo..but hey go get some rest and tommorrow you can help Monty and I contact the ark?"

At this offer I smiled and replied with a nod. I was glad to get away from the Clarke and Finn drama and focus on contacting Raven. And I could get to know Jasper and Monty more, so far Jasper seemed great and if Monty was anywhere as kind I'd be happy.

Japser helped me back to the dropship, I ignored Finn and Clarke as they approached me. I slipped past them while Jasper distracted the two, which I was grateful for. After climbing up the ladder and opening the hatch, I found that the room was empty, which was great in my opinion. I didn't feel in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I slipped into my bed and no sooner my eyelids dropped, I was fast alseep.

---

I woke up to a painful wince. In worry for whoever it was I shot up from my laying position only to see Octavia and Monty. Her bracelet was just snapped off, her wrist raw where it had just been. She rubbed her hand on her raw wrist, wincing quietly. Then as the two noticed me awake Octavia's eyes widened.

"What are you doing? Those wristbands are the only thing we have to show the ark we can survive on earth!" I spat at them as I ran over to them, at least as fast as my injured leg could go.

"Don't worry, she's letting me use it to c--" the lights of the bracelet flickered off "damn it! It didn't work!" Monty said in annoyance.

I glanced down at the bracelet than back up at the two of them "what were you planning on doing with it?"

"Contacting the ark.." Octavia replied with a sigh.

"Oh..so you can use someone's bracelet to contact the ark?" I asked tilting my head.

"Yeah, but the only bracelet I had is now fried." Monty replied.

I glanced between the two of them, maybe contacting the ark was the best thing we could do, but could I really sacrifice my wristband? I pulled my sleeve back to reveal my wristband. "Use mine." I said quietly.

"Are you sure?" Monty said lifting a eyebrow.

"Just do it before I change my mind." I replied pushing my hand out for him to pry my wristband off. It was very risky but if I had a chance to talk to Raven again, even just once, I would take it.

Monty replied in a nod before pulling out a small blade, similar to a crowbar. I watched as he stuck the blade in between the panels on the wristband. I winced as he began lifting the panel to snap the wristband off. To hide the pain I gritted my teeth as I heard a snap and the bracelet broke off. Monty quickly went to work attaching wires to it, to my surprise my bracelets lights didn't flicker off like Octavia's.

"It's working!" Monty said happily before focusing his attention to it.

"How long until the ark will be contacted?" Octavia asked, speaking the question that was running through my head.

"If were lucky, I can have it ready in a few days."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 43.8K 89
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
402K 14.1K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
886K 40.9K 174
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
752K 35.4K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...