Soul of a Soldier

By Castiels-Angel-

Hydra is at it again, well, a part of Hyrda. Crazed ex-Hydra scientist has captured a young girl and been pre... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Thirteen

1.6K 49 35
By Castiels-Angel-

I swallowed. Hard. I couldn't even appreciate his shirtless, shiny glory with the worry that was coursing through every inch of me. Bucky's blue eyes seemed harder than the metal I often compared them to, his jaw clenched tightly as his metal fist balled up at his side. That glare he wore never left my face, dark locks enhancing the intensity of his eyes Like they needed it.

'Ooohh, you're in trouubbllee.' My beast sniggered and I chose to ignore it.

"Bucky, I-"

"Do not even speak right now, or I will tape that mouth shut." His tone was so even and serious, I ceased my own voice right away.

'Mmm, yes. Speak! Speak!'

'You better shut the hell up, mutt.'

'Harsh. I hope he yells at you, jerk. This should be good, let me just get settled real quick.. Okay. And action!'

I rolled my eyes in my mind and focused back on Bucky, he walked forward till the front of his legs hit the bed. His eyes glued to me as he climbed onto the bed on his knees and towards me, I scooted backwards until I hit the headboard and was forced to cease movement. I pulled myself up into a sitting position, resting my back against the cool wood and watching the soldier with wide eyes as he came towards me. Slowly, meticulously, like the trained assassin he was. No move, no matter how small, was left unplanned. You would never guess that I was the one with a predatory beast inside me as I was currently the prey, awaiting either mercy or demise.

I had never felt so exposed, and not because only bandage separated my shirtless body from his own, no it was due to how he was looking at me now, as if he saw right through me into my very soul and there was no escaping it. No matter how far I ran or how well I hid, Bucky would find me. He would hunt me down, easily.

He stopped with his face inches from mine, his hands resting behind me on the headboard I leaned against, caging me in. His legs parted over my thighs, his shorts ridding up a tad so his bare thigh touched mine as goosebumps followed him on my skin. His breath fanned my face, his features the angriest I'd ever seen. He gripped the head board so tight, I heard the wood splintering under his enhanced arm's grip. I gulped, loudly, and bit my lip in anticipation as I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"How could you do that to me? How the fucking hell could you do that to me?" He growled down at me, my heart cracking when I heard the slight break of pain alongside the anger.

"I just-" I began but he slapped a hand over my mouth to shut me up.

"I believe I said not a damn word." He seethed and I licked his hand in hopes of getting it off, he just gave me a devious smirk. "Lick my palm all day, doll. That doesn't bother me in the slightest."

I growled behind his hand, the vibrating rumbling his palm against my mouth and his eyes narrowed at me again as my rumble shook to his chest. He seemed annoyed at my animalistic noise but didn't comment on the notion, just continuing on with his lecture.

"And after what just happened with Hulk? Did you not listen to a God damned word I had said?"

I didn't bother replying, seeing as his hand still covered my mouth. He obviously took note of that too and went on.

"After everything I tell you, after all I do to keep you safe, you go off and do this stupid shit. Not only putting Peter in danger but yourself." He shook his head, jaw clenching for a moment before continuing. "Do you even have any idea how scared I was? When I woke up after another fucking nightmare, ironically about losing you, to go to your room and find you gone? I must've spent who knows how long searching this whole fucking tower and the next ten blocks for you! Only to get a call from Steve that you had been shot and they were losing you on that table!"

His voice was raising and I was trying to shrink back into the head board at the sound. His posture seethed anger along with his tone but he finally took his hand off my mouth, resting it on my thigh. His grip tight but not tight enough to hurt, almost as if he was making sure I wouldn't disappear out from under him. Like if he let go I would vanish from his sight once more and he was making sure that was not going to happen.

I looked down, ashamed, and tried to explain. "Bucky, listen to-".

I should've known better than to speak.

He gripped my chin roughly, cutting off my words and making me look back up at him. He was practically growling his words now.

"No, you listen baby doll. You need to get it through your thick skull that all I am trying to do is keep you safe and me sane. Everything I tell you is to benefit you in some way. It's not that I don't believe in your confident little perky ass, it's that you are still new to this and you need some guidance before you start taking on shit this big alone. I have more faith in you than I do myself but I know my limits, and God do you test those fucking limits." He nearly groaned the last part in agony with pleading eyes, hand still on my jaw and I whimpered with a mixture of fear and, for some reason, excitement. "You just don't listen. So you know what I'm going to do, my little mouse?"

"Hm?" I dared to mumble, our eyes still locked, mine beginning the shift to black.

His plump lips took on a smirk, "I am going to follow you everywhere. I am going sit outside the bathroom while you shower, I am going to drag you in the room with me when I shower. I am going to make sure you are by my side- no, in my lap, for every boring ass Avenger meeting, even if you don't need to go. You will not eat, you will not sleep, you won't even breathe without me being there to witness it. You won't even reach for something on a shelf too high for your little body without me helping you up. And until I can be sure you won't do anything utterly stupid again, that's how this will play out. I will chain you to my fucking bed if that's what it takes to keep you safe and me sane, because if anything even remotely close to this happens again... I am going to lose my fucking mind and you do not want to see that."

All I could do was nod, my eyes practically bugging out of my head. I had an idea how bad I pissed him off but this was much worse than I had been expecting. I had seen Bucky mad previously, sure, plenty of times. Just not at me, no, never at me and definitely not like this. Somehow, all I could do was agree with him. Say whatever he wanted to please him and make him happy with me again.

He looked my face up and down once, the smirk slowly falling from his lips. His eyes were half mast, his breathing even and expression cool as a cucumber. Complete opposite of what it once was a few minutes ago as he let out a small sigh.

"I don't want to scare you, it's just.. It's just you bring this out in me somehow, darlin'. I'm not ever like this, there's just.." He paused, leaning into my neck and I froze as he ran his nose along from my collar bone to my jaw line, leaving little nips along the way that left me light headed. "..Something about you that does me in and I'm not used to it nor do I have experience handling it. And I think I've figured out why that is, how you do what the hell you do to me." He gave a little chuckle, nipping my earlobe next and I couldn't stop the small whimper escaping as I closed my eyes.

"You wanna know why, Baby Doll?" Bucky whispered huskily in my ear, his facial hair tickling me an exciting new sensation.

"Why, Sarge?" I asked, breathless.

He froze for a brief moment at the nickname. He liked it, I could tell from the way his lips shifted against my ear into a smile before he spoke once more. A sentence I could never forget for it sent the most tantalizing chills through my body.

"Because, you are mine."

~~

OKAY BUT THAT GIF THO!? IS IT NOT PERFECT?!? IS HE NOT PERFECT?!?!?!?!?

Just want to thank you all for your support and comments! They make me update super quickly, knowing how excited you all are for this story and it warms my heart ♥ I hope I don't disapoint lol.

Funny story, my boyfriend  and I practically broke up over this fic lmao. There were a lot of other things going on and he knew I wrote fan fiction and was writing one about Bucky, which he secretly read over my shoulder one day and he blew it up into this big fight over the romance part he happened to glance at saying he couldn't believe I would write the main character kissing Bucky and that I love Bucky more than him. LMAO, guys I died. Like calm yo ass down, what book doesn't have romance??? Annnnyway, it became a big fight and I was over it so I broke up with him because Sebby must be my one true love.

Life goes on. Thanks for reading my cringey rant and story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.4K 1.1K 58
Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for death. I met evil when I was only a chi...
79.4K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
65.3K 1.6K 29
Y/N is Tony Starks empolyee and friend. While getting closer Y/N is taken by hydra and experimented on. The avengers spend months trying to find thei...
20.4K 1.1K 44
Book two, following on from Somewhere Along the way. Y/N has just been saved from Hydra, but has the dreams she has been having play a bigger tale t...