Haikyuu! Soulmate x Reader

By _bluberries

Multiple different Soulmate scenarios with the Haikyuu cast. Requests are accepted. The only thing I own is m... More

Introduction!
Soulmate Au's Used
|01| Nishinoya Yuu |Color|
|02| Oikawa Tooru |Timer|
|03| Akaashi Keiji |First Words|
|04| Sugawara Koushi |Truth|
|05| Kuroo Tetsurou |Injury Mark|
|06| Hanamaki Takahiro |Writing|
|07| Ushijima Wakatoshi |Symbols|
|08| Bokuto Kotaro |Heterochromia|
|09| Haiba Lev |Dreams|
|10| Yamaguchi Tadashi |Red String|
|11| Tsukishima Kei |Name|
|12| Kyoutani Kentarou |First Words|
|13| Tendo Satori |Age|
|14| Shirabu Kenjiro |Color|
|15| Iwaizumi Hajime |Glow|
Vote Your Favorite! |CLOSED|
Voting Results!
|16| Akaashi Keiji |First Words II|
|17| Sugawara Koushi |Color|
|19| Bokuto Kotaro |Last Words|
|20| Kozume Kenma |Thoughts|
|21| Sawamura Daichi |Symbols|
|22| Oikawa Tooru |Writing|
|23| Akaashi Keiji |Injury Mark|
|24| Sugawara Koushi |Emotions|
|25| Hanamaki Takahiro/Matsukawa Issei |Tattoo|
|26| Azumane Asahi |Name|
|27| Semi Eita |First Words|
|28| Yamaguchi Tadashi |Hanahaki|
|29| Ennoshita Chikara |Writing|
|30| Ushijima Wakatoshi |Dreams|
Part II!

|18| Oikawa Tooru |Talents|

24.2K 499 362
By _bluberries

Ehehehe, sorry I keep posting stuff other than requests and voting results...

I got inspired ok?!?!

This story will follow Tooru around! College life, been there about two years! I've also decided on a few characters that are doing theatre as well, such as Tendo because he said he's quitting volleyball and he's hella expressive! The list of boys that switched from volleyball to theatre are below! I'll explain the reasons after the chapter!

Oikawa, Tendo, Sugawara, Terushima, and finally Akaashi and Tsukishima (Special Cases).

———

"Iwa-chan!"

"What Shittykawa..." The rumbling voice of Iwaizumi crackles through the phone. The unmistakeable traces of irritation elude the chocolate haired man as he yells into the device.

"I'm the Vice President of the theatre club! I'm so happy I could cry!" Oikawa yells happily. Iwaizumi sighs loudly on the other line while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Are you sure you're done with Volleyball?"

"I'll always love volleyball, forever and always, but this is what I was meant to do! I love acting more than anything!" Oikawa whines loudly. Iwaizumi runs his hand through his coarse hair with a sigh.

"Technically acting is what your soulmate is good at..." Iwaizumi says quietly.

"What was that Iwa-chan?" Oikawa questions happily. Iwaizumi clears his throat and tells the boy it's nothing. The two continue their conversation until Iwaizumi gets called back to his club activities.

"Bye bye Iwa-chan! Enjoy volleyball practice!"

"Uh-huh..." Iwaizumi says with a grumble before hanging up the phone. The wavy haired male chuckles lightly before getting his things together for theatre practice. With a quick mirror check he's on his way to club activities.

He throws open the door with flourish and greets everyone in the room. "Hello theatre nerds, your king is here!"

"Close the door Oikawa-san." Akaashi says loudly enough for the brunette to hear. Oikawa looks over at the ravenette in surprise.

"Is there no volleyball practice again?" Oikawa questions the ravenette. Akashi shrugs his shoulders before returning his attention back to his script.

"Where's the president?"

"She and the rest of the older members all went to some theatre competition gathering. It's only us here today." Sugawara says with a wave of his hand. Tsukishima sits in the corner next to Akaashi; occasionally exchanging brief words with the dark haired male. Tendo and Terushima read lines off animatedly to one another while Sugawara watches. Oikawa grabs his script and plops down next to the tall blonde. He sneers at the past setter before going back to his script.

"Tsukki! Why are you so mean to me!" Oikawa whines loudly. A low hiss is emitted from Tsukishima as he slides farther away from the male. "Don't call me that."

"Also! When are you contacts coming in? You need them for this play you know!" Oikawa says dramatically while wiggling a finger at the beanstalk. Tsukishima rolls his eyes and continues practicing his lines. A rare yet comfortable silence settles over the theatre room as the few members study their scripts. A loud thumping starts and continues to get louder, along with the sound of voices.

"Hey, Hey-!"

"Oh n-"

"HEY!" Bokuto yells loudly as he throws open the door. Akaashi attempts to slide further down the couch to go unnoticed, but his attempt proves futile against Bokuto's Akaashi detector. "I knew you would be here! Stop skipping volleyball practice Aghaaaaaashi!"

"Oya? Kei~ Don't try to hide from me~! You knew we had practice too!" Kuro purrs while sliding over to Tsukishima. The large blonde resigns himself to his fate as the large ravenette begins to bother him.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sugawara asks from his seat in the back. Tendo and Terushima try their most intimidating faces behind him.

"Well! We came to come see if you guys want to go watch the girls practice! The coach said we could have the rest of practice off to do whatever!"

"I'm totally going!" Terushima cheers while running to the two volleyball players sides. Kuro wiggles his eyebrows at Oikawa until the brunette decides to speak up.

"Alright! As your vice president I'm authorizing a group field trip! Theatre nerds up and out!"

------

"Woah, the girls are good!" Tendo cheers loudly. Terushima whoops loudly beside him and Sugawara tries to calm them down. His method isn't working though; the two begin to get louder and louder.

"Shut the hell up and sit down." Tsukishima growls at the two. They both shiver before sliding back into their respective seats. Sugawara sends a grateful look towards Tsukishima who nods in response. "Dude, she's really good." Oikawa hears Kuro mutter.

He looks over to where the ravenette is looking, and wow is she amazing. At least in the looks department. Oikawa has yet to see her play. She stands at the end of the court and breathes slowly before spinning the ball in her hands. Her eyes shoot open and a small smile graces her face. The ball flies into the air and she runs to hit it. She jumps and flies forward, her palm striking the ball with immense power. The jump serve flies across the net and hits the ground right next to an opposing player. The gym becomes silent as everyone stares at the girl. All of the sudden the whole female team erupts into cheers.

"Even though I see that every practice it never fails to amaze me (F/n)-chan!" One of the girls yell loudly. Oikawa continues to stare at her with his mouth wide open.

"Holy shit..." Kuro says lowly. The owlish boy beside him nods his head in agreement.

"I've yet to see anything that has made me want to go back to volleyball until now." Oikawa says in awe. His mind continues to replay the serve over and over again. The tall blonde beside him clears his throat loudly before tapping his shoulder.

"Don't you think that looked oddly like you're jump serve?" He questions in his monotone voice. The rest of the males all look around at each other before nodding their heads in agreement. "Well, I'm not going to be the only one who can serve like that..." Oikawa says with an awkward laugh.

"Yeah, but I've seen her set before as well, and now that I think about it, her volleyball style is similar to yours overall." Kuro says says in confusion. The chocolate haired male frowns before pulling out his phone. He jumps in shock as he sees the time.

"Guys, it's almost time for that newbie to show up to try out and the theatre rooms a mess! We have to go, like, now!" Oikawa exclaims before rushing out along with the rest of the Theatre club. Your eyes follow the bunch of boys in confusion as you watch them rush out of the gymnasium.

------

"Done!" Oikawa says loudly as he puts away the last of the scripts. Everyone cheers loudly before Sugawara clears his throat. "So, who's supposed to be coming again?"

"I have no clue who it is, all I know is that it's a girl. I've got the script for Romeo and Juliet layed out though." Oikawa says with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"Could you explain why you pick romance plays everytime we have a female recruit again?"

"If they can handle being in that type of situation with me without becoming flustered then they're perfect for the club!" Oikawa yells with a thumbs up. A gentle knocking resonates through the room before the door is swung open slowly. A (small/tall) girl enters and bows her head to the group of guys.

"I'm (L/n) (F/n), nice to meet all of you." You say happily. Everyone in the room freezes as they see you.

"Hey, you're the girl from volleyball! With the kickass serves!" Terushima yells loudly. A confused look settles on your face you smile. You scratch your neck nervously while Terushima starts badgering you with questions.

"Alright Teru! We've got to do the audition!" Sugawara says in an attempt to get the male to stop. Oikawa nods his head behind him.

"Mr. Refreshing is correct! On with the audition!" Oikawa yells dramatically. Your eyes finally land on the alien loving setter. He flashes you a charming smile before handing you a script for Romeo and Juliet.

"This is Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare, you will be playing Juliet and I Romeo. We are starting on Act II Scene II, the first line will be Romeo's so just find the Juliet line right after that. Any questions?" Oikawa asks you. With a quick shake of your head the two of you are ready to begin.

"Lady, by yonder blessed moon I swear that tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops--"

"O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon, that monthly changes in her circled orb, lest that thy love prove likewise variable."

"What shall I swear by?"

"Do not swear at all; or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self, which is the god of my idolatry, and I'll believe thee."

"If my heart's dear love--"

"Well, do not swear: although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract tonight: it is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden; too like the lightning, which doth cease to be ere one can say 'It lightens.' Sweet, good night! This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. Good night, good night! As sweet repose and rest come to thy heart as that within my breast!"

"O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?"

"What satisfaction canst thou have to-night?"

"The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine."

"I gave thee mine before thou didst request it: and yet I would it were to give again.

"Wouldst thou withdraw it? For what purpose, love?"

"But to be frank, and I've thee again. And yet I wish but for the thing I have: my bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the most I have, for both are infinite."

Nurse calls within.

"I heard some noise within; dear love, adieu! Anon, good nurse! Sweet Montague, be true. Stay but a little, I will come again.

"Alright, done!" Sugawara says loudly. The two of you continue to stare at each other in awe. "You're incredibly good at acting Oikawa-san."

"You're just as good (L/n)-chan." He says quietly.

"Dude, I didn't even know who to watch. They were both so captivating!" Tendo says loudly to Terushima. The blonde nods his head quickly while watching the two of you.

"You're definitely good enough for the play you came to try out for. Have you ever been in a play before?" Akaashi asks from his place near the back. You nod your head quickly.

"I originally did theatre, that was the club I was in until the end of my second year. I ended up falling in love with volleyball and joined the club in the end though." You say with a small laugh. Everyone's eyebrows shoot up as they look between the two of you.

"That sounds an awful lot like hot trashes story..." Tsukishima says under his breath, though it's loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Listen Tsukki, I would totally usually take offense to that if you didn't just say I was hot." Oikawa says to the pale blonde. "Wait, you played volleyball?" You ask the brunette.

"He didn't just play volleyball, he lived volleyball." Sugawara says in a joking manner. The brunette laughs lightly while scratching the back of his head. "I was the main setter at Aoba Johsai. I still play quite often, I just didn't join the team."

"Uwah! I'm a setter too! Lets go play some!"

------

The seven of you stand in the empty gym. You seperate into teams of three with Akaashi keeping score. Oikawa's team consists of Tsukishima and Terushima while you have Sugawara and Tendo.

"So let me get this straight Sugawara-san, you were a setter but you know how to play the position of a wing spiker?" You say in awe. The light haired male nods his head bashfully before Akaashi calls for the start of the game. Oikawa's side serves first, and of course the main man himself has the ball in his possession. A small smile sits on his face as he gets back into the feel of volleyball. He throws and it up and serves it harshly to the other side, making it impossible for any of you to receive.

"Man I so miss this!" Oikawa yells while clenching and unclenching his hand. You stare at the setter in surprise as you take in his powerful serve. With the precision and power it's just as good as yours. As the game continues on Akaashi observes the two of you and the similarities. The score levels out and he calls a time out. Everyone looks at him in confusion as he waves the lot of you over.

"(L/n)-san, Oikawa-san, please come stand in front of me." He requests loudly. The two of you look at each other in confusion before walking up to the ravanette.

"Oikawa-san, whats something that no one around you can do?"

"Ummm... Well, I can do this weird thing where I make my eyes shake. Like, they kinda vibrate? Here, just look." He says while leaning close to Akaashi. The dark haired males eyes widen as he watches Oikawa's chocolate brown orbs start to vibrate quickly.

"Ok then, (L/n)-san please attempt to do what you just saw."

"Uh, what? How did you even do that Oikawa-san?" You ask in confusion. The male shrugs his shoulders at you. "I just kinda cross my eyes and then they start shaking like that."

"Alright, I'll try." You say hesitantly. You cross your eyes and gasp as your eyes start to shake. Akaashi nods his head with a hum before clapping his hands.

"You two are soulmates." He announces loudly. Oikawa's eyebrows shoot up and your eyes widen. Terushima seems to choke on air and Tendo whoops loudly.

"We're wha- You know what that actually makes sense." You mutter to yourself. Oikawa nods along with you before turning to face you.

"Sooooooo, soulmate. Wanna see who's a more talented kisser?" He says while raising his eyebrows up and down. You scoff jokingly at the tall male before pulling him into a hug.

"We'll save that for some other time, first lets see who gives better hugs."

------

"What. Are you serious? Why should Tooru get her, she's a total babe!" Kuro whines as Akaashi relays the story to him. Oikawa pops up behind the dark haired male and leans close to him.

"She's a total babe? You just called me a babe too since soulmates share talents!" He yells while sticking out his tongue. Kuro jumps at least five feet in the air from the surprise Oikawa visit.

"Oikawa-san, looks are not a talent."

"What?! Akaashi, looks are totally a talent! Do you now how long it takes me to get this gorgeous?! If this isn't talent then I don't know what is!"

------

Oikawa: Tried out for a play in high school and absolutely loved it. He fell in love with acting. Decided to dedicate his time to theatre after he got out of high school. He's been asked why he doesn't do both, here's his explanation, "I tend to put my all into something I love, so if I do both I won't be giving my best to either. I might even lapse back into volleyball when I wholeheartedly know this is what I want to do."

You: Oikawa but switched. You did theatre in high school, loved it and still do. Went to volleyball practice with one of your friends (Atsumu Miya if we're being specific) and loved it. Did volleyball in your third year and went on to do it in college. You came to try out for a play because you still want to act every once in a while.

Tendo: Stopped doing volleyball after high school and was told he should do theatre, so boom! Done. He's really good as well.

Terushima: Decided to try something new and stumbled upon theatre, he doesn't like things staying the same so he's trying something different. He probably won't stay doing theatre forever, even though he's an amazing actor.

Sugawara: Simply didn't think he was good enough for the volleyball team at this school. Daichi tried and tried to get him to stay, but to no avail. He isn't unhappy though, he really does love theatre! He prefers to play side characters because he doesn't want the attention of all those people, but he's been forced to do main roles because of his acting talent.

Akaashi: Does both volleyball and theatre, he considers them both an outlet for him since he rarely shows expression. Theatre is kinda his excuse to be expressive for once in his life, and god does he get expressive. He even blew Oikawa away.

Tsukishima: Same sorta deal, he juggles volleyball and theatre. He won't admit it but he's really loves theatre as well as volleyball. When he's acting he'll read the lines in a bored tone and pretend to be uninterested, but a few days before the play he gets serious and really puts emotion into it. Also a phenomenal actor.

I whipped this up at 3 in the morning lol. I was up till about 6 but it's w h a t e v e r.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 2.8K 23
この本で ➝ a collection of various haikyuu! x reader oneshots requests permanently closed fluff, angst, smut, AUs includes mature language MOST ONESHOTS...
14.8K 305 20
A collection of Haikyuu characters x reader oneshots, imagines and stories for you - it's seems everyone is falling for (Y/n)~ -Fluff, angst, shorts...
131K 2.9K 20
Just a bunch of one-shots for you fan out there~ I take requests but I don't know how much time it'll take to upload them ^^ Don't hesitate to ask m...
718K 19.8K 37
❝ because we don't have wings , we look for ways to fly ❞ ●●● { DISCONTINUED . } multiple one shots featuring the characters from haikyuu!! x reader...