If I'm Louder, Would You See...

By meglagmay

Best of friends... Is that all they're going to be or will they finally be able to hear the screams of their... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Before School Starts
Chapter 2: We Meet Again
Chapter 3: The New Girl
Chapter 4: I'll Wait For You
Chapter 5: Getting To Know You
Chapter 6: Cold
Chapter 7: My Future Step-Father
Chapter 8: The Ferris Wheel
Chapter 9: One Thing
Chapter 11: Please Be Mine?
Chapter 12: Issues
Chapter 13: Can I Have This Dance?
Chapter 14: Senior Prom
Chapter 15: Prom Drama
Chapter 16: Sleepover
Chapter 17: The Wedding
Chapter 18: Truth Or Dare
Chapter 19: Secret Admirer
Chapter 20: Revenge
Chapter 21: Breakaway
Chapter 22: Your Superman
Chapter 23: Friendship Over
Chapter 24: Meeting Place
Chapter 25: Sorry
Chapter 26: Secret Santa
Chapter 27: A Merry Christmas?
Chapter 28: New Year... New Start
Chapter 29: School's Back!
Chapter 30: Back To Normal
Chapter 31: Relationships
Chapter 32: Bonding Day
Chapter 33: Happy Birthday!
Chapter 34: The End of High School... The Start Of My Happy Ever After
Epilogue

Chapter 10: A Thousand Years

1.4K 12 0
By meglagmay

*Zayn’s POV*

I ran to Blaire who lied lifeless on the cold cement of the street, blood was coming out of her head, and then she had cuts on her legs and arms. “Blaire, don’t close your eyes! Look at me! Don’t sleep! Hold on for me, please?” I begged her, she was on my arms and we were in the middle of the road, people were starting to gather around us. I pulled out my phone and I called Louis.

“Vas Happenin’?” Louis said then I heard everyone laugh.

“LOUIS! This is serious. I NEED HELP!” I shouted at the phone.

“Hold on, let me put you on speaker.” He said “Ok, tell us what happened!”

“BLAIRE GOT HIT BY A CAR!! Liam, please call an ambulance immediately and everyone please come here. We’re in the middle of the street just outside the carnival lobby. I’m starting to lose Blaire here!!” I cried.

“Ok, mate. Calm down, I just called the ambulance, they’ll be here in 5 minutes and we’re on our way there.” I heard Liam say on the other line.

I returned my phone to my pocket and then I looked at Blaire. Why does it have to be her? Why can’t it be me? “Blaire, please do not sleep. Don’t close your eyes.” I begged again.

“Zayn... I don’t think.. I can.. hold on.. any longer..” She said, struggling to speak. Her breathing was now starting to be slower and shallower.

“Shh. Don’t talk, you’ll lose a lot of energy and you need to save as much energy as you can. The ambulance is on their way. You’ll be safe, I promise you.” I cried and just in time, the ambulance arrived at the same time Liam, Louis, Harry, Niall, Kate, Jio, Eleanor and Lucy arrived.

The paramedics put her in a stretcher and they carried her inside the ambulance. “Only one person can go with her in the ambulance, who would it be?” One of the paramedics asked.

“I’ll go with her.” I said “Guys, I’ll see you at the hospital, alright??”

-x-x-x-

At The Hospital

It’s been 3 hours since Blaire was brought here at the hospital and the doctor and nurses were still inside of the operating room, not even one nurse came out. I’m starting to get worried. I can’t lose Blaire; I don’t want to lose her.

“Hey, mate. Everything will be fine. Blaire’s a strong girl, she’ll survive this.” Liam said as he patted my back.

“It’s been 3 hours! What’s taking them so long?!” I asked and a doctor came out of the operating room to be followed by the nurses who were pushing Blaire who was lying on a hospital bed. “What happened to Blaire? Is she alright?”

“She’s fine. She broke her right hip because that’s where the car hit her the most and she also has some broken ribs but we were able to fix that already but...” The doctor said.

“Oh no. ‘buts’ can’t be good. But what?” Louis asked for me because I was so shocked nothing came out of my mouth.

“But she’s on a comatose state because she lost a lot of blood and her head got hit very hard on what I guess was the windshield of the car. I’m very sorry but we’ll just have to wait and you can see her now.” The doctor continued then he left.

I haven’t stopped crying since I saw Blaire got hit by a car and after I heard that she’s on a comatose state, I cried harder. Everyone hugged me. The girls were crying too, except for Kate. Why is she not crying? The boys were trying to be strong for me, although I can see in their faces that they were worried too.

I went inside Blaire’s room. I made everyone go home already because they needed to rest and I asked Liam if he can tell Blaire’s mom about what happened and tell her that I would take care of her at the hospital so she does not need to go here anymore. I walked over beside Blaire’s bed and I can see that she’s in so much pain even if she’s sleeping. She’s pale because as the doctor said, she lost a lot of blood and then almost half of her body was wrapped in bandages. She had this oxygen thingy attached to her nose and there’s this cable thing that is attached to her heart monitor TV thing. I sat down on the chair on the other side of her bed and I had my head on her bed and before I knew it I was asleep.

-x-x-x-

One month after the accident

*Jio’s POV*

It’s been a month since the whole Blaire accident and Zayn was very much depressed. He goes to school without even caring about how he looks anymore, his skin was now pale instead of his usual tan skin, his eye bags were becoming more visible and he looks very tired; it looks like he will just pass out anytime.

“Hey Zayn.” I said in a sympathetic tone as I walked up to him; he was standing by his locker. He was putting books in his bag and he was about to leave.

“Hey.” He said without even looking at me.

“Zayn, I think you need to rest. You’re stressing yourself too much and Blaire won’t be happy to see you like this. You don’t eat anymore, you always cry and you don’t talk that much anymore.” I hugged him and I felt tears starting to come out of his eyes again. “Shhh, Zayn. Don’t cry. Blaire will get through this. She’s a fighter.”

“How do you know that? It’s been a month since the accident and whenever I go to the hospital after school, I still see her lying on the hospital bed, lifeless.”

“We can’t do anything but wait and hope that she will wake up soon. Can I come with you? I want to visit my cousin too.” I asked him and he nodded.

We walked out of the campus and straight to the hospital. We walked there silently; no one’s saying even a word. Zayn was used to this, every day after school; he would go straight to the hospital and stay with Blaire in her room. He does all his home works there and sometimes he sleeps there too. Sometime Louis or Liam would volunteer that they would be Blaire’s guard for the night but Zayn just would not want to leave Blaire because he wants to be there the very moment Blaire wakes up.

Last weekend, Niall taught Zayn how to play A Thousand Years on the guitar. He would sing it to Blaire whenever he does not have anything to do.

We arrived at the hospital and we went straight to Blaire’s room; she was still sleeping with all the wires attached to her. Her body was still covered in bandages and she was still kind of pale but not as pale as she was a month before. Zayn went over to her bed and he kissed her forehead. He whispered something to her that I assume was a “Hey babe! Wake up now, please? I’m here already.” I went to the other side of the room where the couch was and I pulled out my phone. I decided to text everyone saying:

                Hey guys! I’m here at the hospital with Zayn. We’re visiting Blaire, can you guys come over? Zayn needs his friends right now. Xx

Before I got to return my phone to my pocket, it vibrated. I opened my phone to see a text from Harry and Liam. I read Harry’s first, of course.

                Sure. We’re on our way. I’m with Louis and Eleanor. See you in 5, I love you! Xx

I replied to him saying: See you, I love you too! Xx

Then I opened Liam’s text.

                I was really going to visit Blaire today and convince Zayn to let me be her guardian for the night. I’ll be there in 5 minutes. See you! Xx

I did not reply to Liam anymore and I placed my phone back to my pocket and then I told Zayn that everyone was on their way here already.

*Blaire’s POV*

I heard someone singing and playing the guitar beside me. Was it Niall? I mean, he’s the only one who can play the guitar in our group. Then all of a sudden I heard Zayn’s voice, singing.

                I have died, everyday

                Waiting for you

                Darling don’t be afraid

                I have loved you

                For a thousand years

                I love you for a thousand more.

It was the sweetest thing to hear first after you wake up. I knew what happened to me although I did not know what the condition of my body is right now. Zayn continued to sing and I suddenly felt emotional then unexpectedly, I felt something wet coming out of the corners of my eyes and I realized I was crying.

“Guys! Look! She’s crying!!” I recognized Eleanor’s voice. I heard shuffling around the room and my bed felt heavy. It’s like people were sitting on the side of my bed.

“Hey Blaire.” Zayn started softly. “If you can hear us can you move your fingers or toes or open your eyes.” I felt his hand held my hand. I tried my best to open my eyes. At first, my eye lids felt very heavy and I had a hard time opening them but then I gathered all the energy that I can and finally, I opened my eyes.

Everything was blurry and my eyes kind of hurt because of the bright hospital lights. “Hi.” I managed to say weakly.

“BLAIRE!!!!” I heard everyone scream and they all hugged me.

“Ow.” I felt something sharp on my side.

“OMG! Sorry! I forgot you broke your ribs!” Lucy said, she looked like she was about to cry. I just nodded telling her that it was okay. I was still weak and I can’t speak that much but when I’ll be able to speak; I want to know why I have broken ribs.

After everyone went back to what they were doing before I woke up, I looked around the room and I saw Zayn, who was beside my bed still holding my hand. Louis and Eleanor cuddled together on one sofa, same with Harry and Jio and then there was Liam and Lucy talking about something. “Where’s Niall?” I asked Zayn.

“Oh, he’s on a date with Kate but he already knows that you’re awake. He said that he’ll visit you later tonight or maybe tomorrow.” He replied

“Oh.” I said sadly. He was not even that excited that I was already awake?! I mean, I’ve been asleep and lying here in the hospital bed for months and he doesn’t want to see me?! What a best friend. I sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 398 33
When Emma goes on the One Direction summer tour with her best friend Lucy ,she never expected to be attacked. But when someone saves her and gives h...
232K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
3.2K 35 22
WARNING: This fanfic may be triggering. He was the one; I didn't realize it till now...till he was gone. My best friend Niall Horan has always been...
439 46 8
DISCONTINUED Someone once told me "Don't ever be afraid to take risks, for they make life worth living." That has to be the wisest thing anyone had e...