Dating Days and Campfires

By _justanotherwriter_

**SEQUEL TO A BLIND DATE, MUST READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER** Cass and Alex. The most perfect couple. At the e... More

School's Out, Scream and Shout!
Cabins and the Initiation.
Skinny Dipping? PSYCH!
Midnight Changes Everything.
Here's to Never Growing Up and Revenge.
You Make Me Crazy and Counselor's Night.
Anger and Treehouses.
Dangerous Waters.
One Year.
Camping.
Spiders.
A New Turn of Events.
Understandings.
Taking It Easy.
Screw This.
Lights, Camera... ACTION!
Cat Fight.
Bonfire.
Epiphanies.
Alone.
Control.
Confessions.
Angry.
The Truth.
Perspectives.
Girl's Night Out... or Not?
Scared.
Rollercoaster.
Circles.
Memories.
Trying.
Irresistible.
Confusion.
The Date, 2.0.
Oops.
Cassandra Ann Williams.
Inner Peace.
Finding Each Other.
Stuck.
Almost There.
The Calm After The Storm
In The End.

Home.

55.8K 1.3K 167
By _justanotherwriter_

Hey, so I know you guys don't know much personal information about me. You don't even know my name!

How would you guys feel about a YouNow livestream?

Lemme know in the comments!

__________________________________________________________________________________

I wake up with a pounding in my head and a horrible taste in my mouth.

Blinking, I look around my surroundings.

Where the hell was I?

Grey walls, a thin mattress below me and- HOLY SHIT. (Gif on the right or above)

I was in jail.

I sit up too quickly, my vision becoming unfocused. I shut my eyes, trying to clear the fog.

"You okay?"

My eyes fly open to see Alex sitting on the ground, Taylor still sleeping next to him."What the hell happened last night?" I spit.

Alex gives a grimace. "You were drunk."

"Well, I obviously know that!" I exclaim. My stomach twisted and I could see Aunt Kathy's livid face in front of me.

Oh god. I was as good as dead.

I groan, putting my head in my hands, partly in pain from the harsh light, partly cause I was still exhausted.

"Huhfrwhat's going on?" Taylor snorts, getting up.

I look up to find him stretching and yawning. With a sigh, I fall back on the mattress.

"What landed us in jail? Why aren't you two in a separate cell? Why-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold the phone," Taylor interrupted me. "Let's first discuss why a certain someone drank a little too much last night."

"Yeah, why did you drink too much?" Alex also questioned.

SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE? I WAKE UP HUNGOVER IN A JAIL CELL AND YOU'RE QUESTIONING WHY I GOT DRUNK NOW?

"Just because!" I exclaim, annoyed. "Goddamn it, just tell me what happened last night."

Taylor rolls his eyes, sighing. "Okay, geez, fine. So, after you drank, which was a lot, by the way..."

FLASHBACK...

"Why would I do without my boys?" I sigh.

Taylor gives me a weird look, but then looks away quickly. His grip on me tightens, and Alex glares at him.

"Watch where you're putting those hands, man," he says gruffly.

Taylor just rolls his eyes.

"You know, I never even did anything remotely after you kissed my gi-after you kissed Cass," Alex spits.

I place a finger over his mouth. "Shhhh.... just look and listen," I shush him.

We walk in silence, occasinally looking up at the night sky, and listening to the sounds of far away cars.

"I'm hungry," I groan as my stomach rumbles.

"Come on, there's a McDonald's over there," Taylor nods his head towards the fast-food joint.

"Yum!" I grin, and we quickly enter the restaraunt.

We go up to counter and with a huge flourish of my hand, I giggle, "Can I have a Big Mac with a side of large fries and a coke, please?"

The guy at the cashier gives me a weird look, but nods his head. "Anything else?"

"Are you sure you can eat all that?" Alex raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'm Cassandra Ann Williams. I can eat anything." I cross my arms, giving him a stern look.

"Okay, okay," he chuckles.

We get our food and sit down at a booth, the boys sitting opposite me. I quickly inhale the food, burping loudly when I'm sated.

"Wow, you have an appetite," Taylor gawks.

"Now I'm sleepy," I yawn, putting my head on my folded arms on the table.

"Come on, Cass, let's go," Alex pulls me up.

We stumble out into the cool night air and begin walking. "We need a taxi," I blurt.

"You think?" Taylor sighs. "We haven't seen one yet, genius."

"Oh, look a cop!" I exclaim loudly, pointing at the officer checking parking meters. Before Alex and Taylor could stop me, I run forward towards the policeman.

"Cass, wait!" Alex and Taylor run after me.

"Hi!" I exclaim to the burly man.

"Hello, m'am," he glances at me, before going back to his work.

"I just wanted to say that-" but I had to stop, as suddenly my stomach dipped.

Oh god.

All the food I just injested came out onto the cop and he just stood there, shocked.

"I'm sooooo sorry," I gasp, trying my best to keep my giggles in.

"Miss, how old are you?" His eyes narrow at me.

"8. No, wait, I mean 18!" I laugh, as the cop looks down at his ruined clothes.

"I'm really sorry, but I think we have to go now," Taylor grabs my arm, pulling me away.

"Have you been drinking, miss?" The cop glares.

I sheepishly look down.

Busted...

"I'm gonna have to take you in. You have the right to remain silent-"

"Woah, woah, hold up," Alex put up his hands. "I'm sure we can work this out-"

"If you're trying to stop me, I can arrest you too for obstruction of justice," the cop raises an eyebrow.

"I'm just saying that maybe-"

"Are you agruing with me, kid?" The cop gruffly says, and I can tell he is P-I-S-S-E-D, pissed.

Alex sighs, closing his eyes. "If you're gonna take her, you'll have to take me too," he says finally, shrugging.

"And me too," Taylor adds in.

The cop looks at both of them, and the raises his shoulders. "Alright, if that's what you two want."

END FLASHBACK...

"Crap, I puked on a cop?!" I exclaim, jumping up.

Taylor crinkles his nose. "Yeah. It was SOOO gross, you-"

He shut up with a quick glare.

"You guys didn't have to come with me, you know," I sigh, sitting back down on the mattress.

Taylor shrugs. "What are friends for, right?" he gives me a lopsided grin and I give him a tight smile back.

Cass, you freaking idiot.

You wanted to ignore the very two people who you're locked in a cell with.

"Wait, why are we in the same cell? Shouldn't we be in separate ones?"

"It's a small town," Alex shrugs. "The only other cell has a druggie in it." He looks bored as he scans the grey walls.

How can he be so calm and collected after... the incident?

Taylor cracked his neck casually and Alex stretched, scratching the back of his neck.

Ohhhhh, it makes so much more sense now!

They were doing the same exact thing I was doing-being ignorant.

We were all idiots.

"Come on, kids, you're free to go," a cop came to the door and unlocked it. I took no time in sweeping up my heels and sprinting out the door, but I quickly came to a stop when I was met with a very familiar pair of angry hazel eyes.

"The three of you," Aunt Kathy jabbed a finger at us. "Come with me."

The three of us sheepishly shuffled out of the police station.

The moment we were out, she spun around, livid. "What were you kids thinking? Going out partying like this? Drinking, dancing, doing crack?"

"We never did any crac-"

"I don't care!" She barks. "What I do care about is how my counsler's act! You are a kid's summer camp, for pete's sake! Can't you stop being rebellious drunken teenagers for like 2 months?" She spits, her tiny frame shaking with rage.

Why did I agree to going out last night?

You're such a horrible person, Cass. Why can't you just do what you're told, instead of getting wasted everytime your life gets screwed up?

"I'm sorry, Aunt Kathy," I whisper.

"Me too, Cassandra, me too."

***********************************************************************************************************************

"What am I gonna do with the three of you?"

The four of us were now gathered in her office, after a deadly silence car ride.

"I'm gonna have to send you guys home for a week," she sighs, rubbing her temples. "Boys, grab some clothes and come back here. Cass, I want to have a word with you."

Great.

The boys file out and I fidget in my seat, rubbing my sweaty palms on my dress.

"Cass, I wanted you to come here this summer to get to know you, to see how you've grown up. And I am utterly disappointed. This summer started out great, what happened?" She cocks her head at me, eyebrows drawn.

I look down, ashamed.

"Love happened," I say under my breath, but she hears it.

And that's all it takes for me to break down sobbing.

"I'm so sorry, Aunt Kathy. I usually never drink, or party, or do crack, but I never did crack last night, so why are we talking about crack? It's just that I'm in a bit of a rough patch right now, and so I went with my stupid, cliched, teenage instincts and drank, and I'm SOOOOO sorry. I wanted to get to know you too, but Taylor and Alex, they're both so goddamn confusing and I don't know to do," I sob, taking in huge breaths as my whole body shook.

Wow, I'm a drama queen.

"Cass, what's going on?"

"I told Alex I love him," I say quietly after a moment. "He never said it back. Then Taylor tells me he loves me. But I don't know what my feelings are for him. And I just hate boys."

Aunt Kathy gives me a small smile. "Honey, I know you wouldn't do something like this normally. And those circumstances are rough. I think that sending you home is a blessing, not a punishment. So, go home for a couple days, sort out your life, and come back."

"But who will replace us as counsler's?"

"I have some friends in town," she smiles. "Now, go pack and shower, cause you stink."

***********************************************************************************************************************

After the 1 and 1/2 hour bus ride home, I was more than happy to get off and begin the short walk home. Alex and I didn't sit next to each other, and he walked in the opposite direction when the bus stopped.

Before I could even go to my house, I dropped my bags at Kate's front door and rang the doorbell.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 9.7K 42
Alexander and Cassandra, a newly wedded couple, don't seem to get their ways with each other. Alexander is a soldier who fights in the US Army for th...
603 3 70
*EDITING* Alex is a normal 17 year old girl, she has amazing friends and the perfect boyfriend to match. That's is until Chase Matthews comes crashin...
4.1M 62.6K 48
**BOOK FIVE of "The Taylor Family Series"** Aidan Taylor was left to raise his daughter Maci after the sudden death of his wife Callie on the day the...
1.6K 95 20
The summer before her senior year started Iris thought everything was normal and just as they should be... But what will happen when she meets Alex...