Red Riding Hood Meets The Wol...

By MitoGirl

Red Riding Hood is a story everyone knows, but do you know this story? This isn’t the normal Little Red Ridin... More

Red Riding Hood Goes to School: Chapter 1
Red Riding Hood Goes Trick or Treating: Chapter 3
The Wolf Meets His Mate: Chapter 4
Red Riding Hood is the New Luna: Chapter 5
Red Riding Hood Goes Bowling For a Surprise: Chapter 6
Red Riding Hood Finds Out She's Not Human: Chapter 7
The Wolf Finds Out What Red Riding Hood Is: Chapter 8
Red Riding Hood, The Werewolf Hunter: Chapter 9
Red Riding Hood's New Home: Chapter 10
Red Riding Hood Pranks The Pack: Chapter 11
The Wolf's Mate Should Never Be Taken: Chapter 12
Red Riding Hood is a Huntress Devotee: Chapter 13
Red Riding Hood is the New Punching Bag: Chapter 14
Red Riding Hood Makes an Alliance: Chapter 15
The Wolf Picks Up the Trail: Chapter 16
Red Riding Hood Comes Up With a Plan: Chapter 17
Red Riding Hood Starts the Fire of Battle: Chapter 18
Red Riding Hood Fights Back: Chapter 19
The Wolf Has to Take on a New Enemy: Chapter 20
Epilogue
Announcement!

Red Riding Hood's Birthday Gifts: Chapter 2

6K 202 29
By MitoGirl

First period was horrible. Not only did I get stared at and whispered about the entire time, but I couldn’t even hide my face in my hood because the teacher is strict and wouldn’t let me wear it even though it was part of my costume. On top of all that, I had hood hair.

The teacher also assigned an essay on how Halloween will eventually be banned because it causes teenagers to get drunk and vandalize her house. Can we say that she has too many issues? And also I might be one of the kids who ritualistically vandalize her house this year by throwing a dozen or so eggs at her door…just saying. So now we have to do that by next Tuesday, and today is a Friday.

I made sure I was the first one out of the door when the bell rang. I quickly made my way down to the end of the hall where Mr. Bane’s class is. When I got into the room Mr. Bane seemed to be talking to Nymeria and he hadn’t noticed me enter. I don’t think he’d want me to eavesdrop so I knocked on the door.

“Oh Vanessa, you scared me.”

“Sorry Mr. B. How’s Nymeria doing? I hope she wasn’t anymore trouble.”

“She was great once she got used to me she was better.”

“Then I guess she earned herself a treat.” Nymeria immediately ran over to me when she heard the word and started begging for it. She got on her hind legs with her front paws under her chin with the puppy dog pout on her face. When I pulled out the treat she looked extremely happy and fell back on the floor to do a rollover before lying her head on the ground, raising her butt up and wagging her tail in anticipation.

“Here you go girl. You earned it.” I said petting her between the ears, her favorite spot. She ignored the treat for a moment to enjoy the attention I gave her scalp.When I walked over to Mr. Bane she greedily gobbled down her treat.

“I’m sorry she was so overprotective Mr. Bane.”

“It’s quite alright. She clearly loves you and just wanted to make sure you were alright.”

“No one in there right mind would love her.”

“Oh no.” I sighed as I recognized the cruel voice of Caleb McDonald.

“Mr. McDonald. You will apologize to Miss Fence for your rudeness.”

“Why should I when it’s the truth?” That’s when Nymeria decided to give Caleb a piece of her mind.

“Damn, there’s a dog in the class!”

“Well I need a wolf for my outfit don’t I?”

“That’s yours?” I moved past him to hold Nymeria in her place so she wouldn’t lunge at my hated enemy, not that I’d mind, but I might lose her if she did.

“Yeah her name is Nymeria. I found her near my house with a broken paw. We took her in and she’s been with us for five months now. So back off or I’ll let her attack.” Caleb put his hands up in defense and gave me a smirk.

“I’m not afraid to hurt a dog.”

“She’s only six months old! That’s cruel!”

“Oh I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was referring to you not the little wolf.” He gave me a smirk and all I could do was glare at him. I sat down in my seat placing Nymeria in her basket. That’s when Caleb came right by my desk.

“Good Girl.” He said rubbing the top of my head like a dog. I rolled my eyes for a moment before lunging at his hand with my teeth.

“Be careful, I bite.”

“Ho! I think you need to be tied up to the dog house little Bitch.” That’s were I drew the line. I smacked him across the face. His eyes seemed to go black and he stared at me with pure hatred avoiding my eyes though so as not to lose our bet. I did the same.

“That’s enough. I expected this from Caleb, but not you Vanessa. I’m separating the both of you. Caleb to the left side of the room, Vanessa to the right. I expect you both in these seats from now on.”

“Yes Mr. Bane.” I said more as a groan then anything respectful.

“Whatever, who’d want to sit next to her.”

“I’m just glad I didn’t die from your B.O.” Truth was he actually smelled heavenly, but I couldn’t let him know that.

“Split up now!” Mr. Bane roared. We did and people started piling into their seats. When the people who’s seats we abducted came Mr. Bane pulled them aside and told them to take our old spots.

The rest of the day passed in a familiar fashion. I’m so glad that I can choose a college far away from any that he’d choose and I can never see him again. I just have to suffer through eight more months and I graduate from this hell hole.

After school I went to the kindergarten to find my sister. I looked around the room and saw that they were separated by gender. The boys were on the left side of the room next to the door that led to the playground and the girls were all sitting around a table doing arts and craft.

I noticed one boy who happened to be staring over at the girls. Not only was he staring at the girls but a certain girl off by herself looking in her cubby, and she was wearing a green and purple witches costume. Ha, I was right, that must be Tanner.

Tanner started to walk over to my sister and he started talking to her. My sister’s face turned into a scowl and she started to cry. I saw a tall figure come and pull the boy back and reprimand him as I went to my sister’s rescue.

“Are you alright sweetie?”

“Why did you make that girl cry?” me and the figure spoke at the same time. We turned to look at each other and had identical looks of hatred on our faces.

“What are you doing here, Fence?”

“I could ask the same as you, but I already know that’s your brother so I don’t need to look like an idiot for caring in any way.”

“Nessie, Tanner called me stupid!” I heard her small voice from my arms.

“See Caleb, Katy was the victim, Tanner was the problem. I watched him walk over to her and talk to her. I saw her face turn into one of hurt before she started to cry. And my sister is the one who needs to be comforted right now, so back off of me before I hurt you. Grab your stuff Katy.” Caleb just stared at me. A few moments later he scowled at me.

“Did you even think to ask my brother’s side of the story before you accuse him of a terrible crime? What happened Tanner?”

“I went over and asked her if she knew why I bullied her, she shook her head and I said that she’s stupid if she doesn’t know why. That's when she started to cry.”

“See Caleb, he called her stupid.”

“I was trying to tell her I like her!”

“What?” A little voice came from behind me, the same one that came from my arms moments before. “If you liked me then you wouldn’t have bullied me Tanner.” She said before storming away.

“Goodbye McDonald, Goodbye Tanner.” I said before walking away myself. At least my sister has the nerve not to like a McDonald. Suddenly I felt a hand grasp the soft fabric of the cape. The hand pulled me back, but not without protest from me. When I felt my back hit a hard chest.

“Goodbye, Fence.” Said a deep voice. If I hadn’t know it came from my enemy, I would have found it quite sexy. I walked away stunned that he’d want to get that close to me since we have hated each other since…well…since forever.

I put Katy and Nymeria in the car and got in myself all within five minutes. A personal record I might add, since both Katy and Nymeria squirm a lot. I pulled out of the drive and went to the drugstore. I grabbed Katy and put her on my hip as I went inside.

“So what will all the lucky kids get for Halloween this year Katy?” I said as we entered the candy aisle.

“Laffy Taffy!”

“Laffy Taffy it is then Katy!” I grabbed two bags of the stuff and paid for them quickly. We got out to the car and to our house within ten minutes.

“Run upstairs and play, but don’t mess up your makeup or your clothes Katy.” I yelled after her as she ran to the house. I followed shortly with Nymeria trailing behind me. When I got in the door a surprise was waiting for me, I knew, but I had to pretend for my family.

“Surprise!” I heard them exclaim as I turned on the lights in the kitchen. After the burn on my cornea went away I looked around properly to find they decorated the kitchen with black and red streamers. A red Happy birthday sign was posted above the window and there was a cake on the counter. Katy came up behind me spraying a god awful orange silly string into my hair.

“Brat!” I called after her as she ran upstairs to a shelter no doubt prepared by my Grand-mama because I hate silly string. It’s sticky and stinky and over all…messy!

“Happy Birthday Vanessa. Here is the first of your gifts.” My Grand-mama said. I walked over to the couch and sat down with the small box that was in my hand. I gently opened the gift wrap being extra careful not to rip it. Hey give me a break…why rip the paper and get new ones when you can reuse the old for free?

I finally got the wrapping paper off to find a small intricately carved wooden box. I moved my fingers over each exquisite detail of the flowers, vines and leaves carved onto the lid and the sides. On the top was an oval of un-carved wood. In the center stood an outline of the oval and a de-constructed flower made of some white stone like material.

“Your Grandfather made this in Germany. It holds something special. You must promise me one thing for you to keep this.”

“Anything Grand-mama.”

“Don’t open this until I say too.”

“Why Grand-mama?”

“Because it holds your future in it.”

“So I get a box that I can’t use for my Birthday? Mysterious. You know me too well Grand-mama.”

“I figured you’d like the mystery, but I’m still serious about not opening it yet.” I looked up and away from the little wooden box, that was about the size of both my fists placed side by side, and looked at the all too serious face of my Grand-mama.

“Of course Grand-mama.” She started to walk away but turned back at the bottom of the staircase when I called out to her. “Is this it? Because this is perfect.”

“Of course there is more.” She said the look of dread passed across my face at her words which just made her smirk. “Be happy about it or I might go spend even more on your birthday and make you invite the whole school to a big shindig where everyone focuses on you.” She threatened. It worked and I hated her for that but now I had to play the oh where are my presents I really want them act for the rest of the day.

“Oh yes! Please tell me I get my very small presents soon Grand-mama!” she just threw her head back in laughter at my failed act of enthusiasm and walked slowly up the stairs. She didn't stop laughing until I heard her close her door. That woman enjoys my suffering to much.

I hate big fusses made for my birthday. The only reason the other people living in this house know is because they’re family. I tell them constantly, no parties, gifts are acceptable, but keep them minimal, and keep them small. I don’t want to much money spent for something as small as another year since my mother went through 17 hours of labor to bring me into the world.

I walked down the hall to Katy and I’s bedrooms. Hers was just past mine on the other side of the hall. My Grand-mama lives in the attic. The staircase leads to a small five foot by five foot room with a door. We use the room as a mini library. The door then leads to Grand-mama’s attic hideaway as she calls it. It suits her but I always worry about her going up and down those stairs.

I walked into my room to see a poorly wrapped box on my bed. I walked over to it and lifted it up. “That’s from me Sister!” I opened my arms for her to come sit on my lap and she came. “Are you still mad about the silly string?” she asked warily while inching her way over to me.

“Would it be my Birthday if I didn’t get silly string on me?”

“No!” She said happily knowing I forgave her, not that I was ever really mad at her for it.

“Okay then you know I think this is to beautiful for me to unwrap alone. Could you maybe help me?” I said knowing that in reality I wouldn’t get to unwrap this box at all. Katy nodded her head enthusiastically before tearing the paper to shreds and leaving the box there for me to open. When it was opened what waited inside was unbelievable. How could a five year old girl get her hands on one of these?

“Katy? How did you get this?” I said lifting it up.

“I got it from Turner who said he got it from his mother.”

“Okay. Well thanks a lot!” I had to give her a lot of enthusiasm or else she’d be upset, but I plan on taking this back to Mrs. McDonald as soon as possible. Maybe tonight on our Trick or Treat run. I watched as Katy ran back to her room and I took the necklace in my hands to the mirror.

As I looked at my own imperfect reflection and at the necklace which surpassed my minimal beauty by far. Maybe if I put this on for a moment I could steal some of it beauty. I decide against it and just put it up against my throat.

The wooden amulet was placed on a simple black cord. In the middle of the dark brown wood stood what could possible be bone or something of the sort. On it was the sketch of a beautiful wolf. The eyes seemed a little bit out of place. I thought it might be a trick of the light but I could have sworn that those bluish green gems for the eyes were brown a moment ago.

I looked at myself and saw that coincidentally the gems matched my eyes perfectly. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to wear it for a little while and then I can talk to…wait no I can’t wear this what am I thinking? It’s not mine. I set the necklace back down on my dresser and immediately felt a loss of something I couldn’t put my finger on.

I walked out of the room and went outside. I walked down the path in the last rays of light. I guess I should have brought Katy with me and started Trick or Treating with her. I went back to our rooms and grabbed the necklace and a plastic pumpkin basket for Katy to collect her candy in.

“Come on Katy. It’s the bewitching hour!” I called out as I ran down the hall to the kitchen. I looked behind me to find that Katy was right on my heels. I let out a playful scream and started chanting.

“Save me! Save me Grand-mama! I’m being chased by a witch!”

“I think you’ve got things handled here, Vanessa.” She said after I had been chased for about five minutes waiting for her to get downstairs.

“Very funny Grand-mama, but you’re right. I think I do have a remedy for this situation.” Oh this is going to be a scream fest. I turned around to face my little sister who looked exactly like me just with our mother’s green eyes. “The tickle monster is going to get you!” I yelled and chased her for five minutes.

We finally got out of the house after ten minutes of pictures in our costumes. Katy merrily skipped ahead of me down the path but I always called her back when she got more then ten feet away from me. I heard a rustling bush and saw a pair of furry black ears lowering back into the bush. I never saw the rest of the animal but I was pretty sure it was a wolf. I quickly caught up with Katy and took her in the direction of the McDonald’s wanting to get her out of danger and get rid of the stolen necklace as quick as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so I know you're probably hating on me for keeping things in the dark. Well all I gotta say is that this book is supposed to leave you wanting more. and then when the book comes to its close all the answers will be pouring in from the left and right....you're going to get sick of answers......Picture on the right is of Mr. Bane played by Chase Crawford.......I went to go send chapter six by the way to my friend Grace(she got the dedication for this cuz she was guinea pig number two) and when I went in it had gone missing.....I don't know what happened that I couldn't recover it, but all I know is that i'm having to rewrite it......Grace and Fallon are very upset at me and are coming after me with the mob.......you heard right.....here we go again...........

Fallon: Yeah MitoGirl....You got something to say about not finishing it yet?

MitoGirl: Um.........................SERPINTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aw crap......Did you really have to bring along the dogs????

Fallon: Not just the dogs, but the cats and the lizard as well........

The Mob: She will steal your children in the night! We have to destroy her!!!! *Points a finger in my face poking my nose.*

MitoGirl: Okay did you really have to bring the mob??? They never help anything. In fact they get in your way most of the time!!!!!

Grace: Just sit down and write.....Or we will let the Mob treat you like a beast MitoGirl..........

MitoGirl: Ah but you haven't seen my new trick Grace!!!!!

Grace and Fallon: What is that????

Andy Beirsack: What is this fuckery (A/N: That ones for you Fallon!!!!!!)

MitoGirl: Ah this trick is special and new!!!!!! It's where I write myself out of the equation!!!!!!!! *Big eraser comes out of the sky and erases me drawing me back into the story far away from the mob on a big island with my own mansion and servant staff*

Fallon: Aw crap.........now we have to search for her........

Grace: Hey!!! We are both writers too Fallon!!!!

Fallon: True! Erasers! take us to MitoGirl!!!

*Erasers come and erase Grace and Fallon*

Grace: See you guys later.....MitoGirl might not make it.......Come back here you Crazy Ass Chica!!!!!!! We better go before this gets too messy for anyone under the age of 1000.......bye....................

(A/N: in case you didn't know this before all mob scenes orriginatted in The Shifters: The Hidden Race.....I have a book with all the Mob Members and I will be adding Grace in right after this.....I will also be adding the description to the story tonight as well!!!!! Happy August everyone!!!!! Bye my lovelies!!!!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 97 12
(COMPLETED...POSSIBLE BOOK 2??) What if the legend of 'Little Red Riding Hood' was true.. What if her name was Magnolia Fletcher? What if Magno...
4.1K 100 22
Scarlet was your average girl, seventeen year old who has no clue about what she'll be when she grows up. But none of that matters anymore, because S...
310 10 9
Humans are forced to dwell behind walls and live in fear because of vicious werewolves on the loose. Red Maccale a human girl did something years ago...
892K 45.9K 30
Book one of the Twisted Curse Series ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ A modern day twist of what really happened between Little Red Riding Hood, her Grandmother, and the...