The Heroes Of Olympus: Aincra...

By MystoganSeven

Aincrad. A floating virtual world possesing over 100 floors, hundreds of dungeons, and uncountable monsters... More

Asuna
Kirito
Hazel
Darren
Kirito
Darren
Percy

Sughu (Lyfa)

1K 36 8
By MystoganSeven

While the Argo 2 was currently flying it's way over to Tokyo, Sughu, or as she was currently called in this world, Lyfa, was currently logged on to one of the most amazing inventions in online technollogy of this century, the full dive system.

ALO, believe it or not, ran on a less advanced copy of the old Cardinal system from SAO. While it did have many of the same kind of perks, leveling, and other kind of items that SAO did thanks to the transfer of the Aincrad Castle into the system, there was a larger bit of hard core gaming involved thanks to the ability to create your own combos and air based combat.

Lyfa was currently strolling through a wide field, muttering to herself. She had just gotten into a heated discussion with her friend Silica on the strange occurences that were currently happening in the real world. Another Aincrad, currently hovering over Tokyo, her brother was coming back with some strange new friends, and to top it off, that weird flame guy that had been spotted walking around in Japan. To say things were getting weird would be an understatement.

Lyfa sighed and wondered whether she should log out and call to see if Kazuto had arived at the airport yet..but then again, he never said he was coming by plane...ah she was being ridiculous, of course he was arriving by plane, what else could he arrive by? That Mr. Brunner guy from the camp he was staying at said the expenses were all handled.

"No no no..." Lyfa pounded her head with balled up fists. "Something doesn't seem right here! What the heck is going on!?"

Lyfa didn't have time to think more on this though, cause at the moment, a ginormous plant sprouted up behind her, opening up it's massive venus flytrap jaws as it whipped it's monsterous vines at her.

Displaying no hesitation, Lyfa dashed out of the way quickly and sliced her sword through the vines, chopping them off in record time. She then stabbed her sword straight through the top jaw of the monster. The plant creature exploded into a bunch of glowing crystal polygons that instantly dissapeared.

Lyfa sheathed her sword without a word. Normally she would have defeated such a low level monster with fewer blows. But of course, with a preoccupied mind like hers it was easy to get distracted.

She might as well log out for now. Lyfa activated the bright green fairy wings on her back and flew into the air, settling down at an inn in a nearby town.

After booking a room at the inn, Lyfa swiped her hand in the air and a holographic menu screen popped up. She pressed the log out function and in a burst rainbow colored light she found herself lying in bed, a ring-like device on her head.

 Sughu set the AmuSphere gently on her bedside table as she sat up and stretched. Sughu eyed herself in the mirror. Unlike her avatar, Sughu's hair was a short medium length black. However, one could argue their physique was almost the same, after all, Sughu was a top Kendo champion.

"Neesan.." Sughu murmured as she picked up her cell phone and checked for recent calls. So far, nothing. She figured her mother wouldn't be back from work for a while. So Sughu decided to go to the small family dojo to train a bit.

Sughu put on awhite t-shirt and some shorts, (she wasn't feeling too particular about what to wear at the moment), and picked up the bamboo Kendo stick that she had leaning against her desk. As she made her way downstairs...she heard something odd. Footsteps, was her mother back already?

That's when she heard voices speaking in English. "Look around some more..they've got to be here, Lord Kronos doesn't want any mistakes in catching the woman and that girl."

Another voice spoke. "Come on Reg..this is totally bogus, I hear Asians are super workaholics, no way they would be home now, we should find their schools and place of work, take em on there!!"

"Can't, don't remember you dolt!? The Mist is thinning, some of those brats might be able to actually see us! It's better if we do this alone...wait what's that?" Sughu heard some dog-like sniffing.

"A halfblood!? Oooo I'm so hungry for one right now.."

"No." said Red. "This one is more faint...a mortal..in this house...hehehehe..looks like we found one."

Feeling frightened, Sughu began to back away slowly from the kitchen where the voices were coming from.

Suddenly the door behind her opened, and she whirled around to see a creature that looked like a cross between a seal and a dog, it's clawed flipper feet padded against the wooden floor as it held what appeared to be personal documents from her mother's room in it's front flippers.

The monster suddenly stopped, it stared at Sughu, it's fanged mouth slightly open. "Hey Reg, Brook!! I found one!!"

There was a crash as two more of the monsters dashed out of the kitchen, smashing a few plates in the process. "Good work Dean! Hahaha!! Hey there little girl, our master's just been dying to see you!"

Sughu stared for a moment...and then... She started screaming at the top of her lungs, the scream was so loud, that the monsters covered there ears with their flippers in shock. Of course, that was just what Sughu was aiming for, she thrust out her bamboo sword and smacked Reg and Brook straight in the snouts before dropping to the ground and knocking Dean off his flippered feet with a well placed kick.

"OWOWOWOW!!!" Reg yelled covering his snout. "My nose!! My nose!!" 

Sughu ran up the stairs quickly as the furious monsters got back to their flippered feet and began to follow. Just when the monsters were half way up though, Sughu kicked an old minifridge she had been meaning to get rid of down the stairs. The minifridge smacked straight into Brook's gut and the monsters fell over like dominos and landed with a sickening crunch at the bottom.

"I swear!!" yelled Reg furiously. "We Telekhines will devour you so hard, your ancestors will feel it!!"

"Tele-what!?" Sughu said as she dashed into the upstairs hallway and dove straight into her room.

Sughu shut the door behind her and locked the door. She opened her bedside drawer and took out several extra AmuSpheres she had intended to give to some friends as a gift. She frantically plugged them in and took out the Alfheim Online game from her console. She then took out another game disk from her drawer called, Mega Puzzle Maze. The game had been recalled due to a massive glitch that prevented you from logging out until after you completed the in game mazes..and to top it off, the game was as boring as heck. She had meant to return it today, but right now she was glad she hadn't.

She could hear the Telekhines pounding on the door as she gathered up the Amuspheres in her arms and stood next to the door against the wall, waiting as her heart pounded dramatically.

Suddenly the door crashed open, and the 4 monsters ran in, looking furious. Sughu let out a furious battle cry and took a bottle of pepper spray from her bedside table with a free hand. She sprayed it right into Dean's eyes.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!! MY BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!" Dean stumbled back into the other two Telekhines.

Taking her chance, Sughu dashed at the other two surprised monsters and forced two AmuSphere's on their heads.

"Link Start!!" Sughu shouted. Immediately, Reg and Brook fell to the floor, unconscious.

Sughu then forced the last extra AmuSphere onto Dean's head. "Link Start!!"

Dean fell to the floor with a final groan about his eyes.

Sughu staggered back and fell onto her bed, panting hard as she looked at the four unconscious monsters who were probably now wondering whey they were inside a huge maze set on a mega difficulty setting.

 "Please let this be a dream." said Sughu. "This has got to be a dream."

Sughu picked up her phone and began dialing frantically on the phone. She put it to her ear, praying that it would pick up.

"Sughu?" Kazuto's voice could be heard through the phone. "What's up? Are you okay?"

Sughu prayed a silent thankyou to everything in heaven. If Kazuto was picking up, that meant his flight must have landed.

"N-neesan! Are you at the airport now!?"

"E-erm.." Kazuto said. "Well, I'm not exactly coming by plane..but I should be here in about 30 minutes.."

Sughu suddenly heard a voice in the background. "Who wants some of Leo's famous mega tofu tacos!?"

"Eh? Wh-who was that?"

"One of the friends whose coming along." said Kazuto. "What's going on Sughu? You sound like you just had a heartattack."

"I was just attacked by Televisions!!" Sughu screamed.

"Huh!?" said Kazuto, obviously confused.

"Erm, I mean Telekenisions...um...Telewhaterkins.....Tele..Tele.." Sughu knocked her head with a hand, cursing her terrible English and instantly switching to Japanese. "I was attacked by some strange monsters okay!? They called themselves...er...Tele...tele...Whatever!!"

"Hold tight Sughu!" came Kazuto's voice. "And don't hang up, Leo's speeding up the ship now, just keep on the line until we get there!"

Ship? Leo? Tacos? What sort of weird transportation had her Oneesan gotten mixed up in?

"Alright.." Kazuto continued. "Now, what I need you to zssshhh...do....zsssshhhh...." the phone suddenly lost connection.

"Wh-what?" Sughu looked at her phone and cursed. How could she be losing a signal, her dataplan had always had plenty of coverage...what was going on here!?

Sughu looked at her silent desktop computer, then she looked at the Telekhines that were currently on an online virtual maze. That maze wasn't unbeatable, eventually they were going to wake up..

Sughu then made up her mind. She went over to the desktop and plugged it into her game console. She then turned the computer on.

It was time to put some of the computer know how Kazuto had taught her to work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 465 105
In a game where many players perceive to be the dream world to be in, Sword Art Online has taken the world by storm, giving 10000 players across the...
2.2K 38 29
Welcome one and all to SAO! The new hit video game in the virtual reality market! Or should I say, the "Death Game"? If your avatar's HP goes to 0,y...
806 33 21
DISCLAIMER This is a Re-written Story of my Sword Art Online: New Reality or SAO:NR (A Fan Game) story. EACH CHAPTER WILL BE REALLY LONG AS THE MINIM...
168K 2.3K 26
during the year of 2022 a new way to play games comes out the Nerve Gear and the first game for it Sword Art Online a new VRMMORPG. There one of the...