Town Reject

RaeRee által

Veronica Wilson has been bullied since she could remember because of her size. She is overweight and nobody l... Több

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Epilogue
City Reject (Book 2)

Chapter Six

621 34 6
RaeRee által

Shock flashed through my body, freezing me in place. I wasn't able to push him away or though I am ashamed to admit it, pull him closer and return the kiss. My body slowly pulled itself out of the shocked state it was in but before I had a chance to enjoy being kissed by Lucas, he pulled away. His eyes flashed down at me and he had a knowing smirk on his face. That right there was enough to freeze the heat rushing through my body. It was like a bucket of ice cold water was just dumped over me.

I pushed Lucas off me and sprang up so I was standing over him. I glared down at him and his smirk grew even bigger. "What the hell was that?" I yelled down at him, as I wiped my lips. He just rolled his eyes and got up, dusting himself off. "That was me staking my claim. You're mine!" He said towering over me. I glared up at him. "Last time I checked, I didn't belong to you a**hole!" I growled up at him. "Yeah? Then what was yesterday? We were up for hours yesterday and you sure know how to look after a guy." He said with a small groan. I heard the crowd that was gathering around us gasp in surprise. He's tricking everyone into thinking I had sex with him!

Don't you dare blush Veronica!

Too late. I could already feel my face getting hot and I wanted to punch myself for falling into that trap. I glared at him harder and he gave me a secret smile. "Come on baby, don't you remember screaming my name all night long?" He goaded teasingly. He was playing the crowd again. I had been screaming his name all night long but it sure as hell wasn't in pleasure, like he's making it out to be. "The only thing I remember is you lasting about 2 minutes." I said with an evil grin. I wasn't wrong either, he did only last two minutes. Just not in the way these people were thinking. Every time we got into a fight he gave up pretty much straight away.

Lucas glared down at me and I gave him a big innocent smile. "What's wrong baby?" I sneered at him. "Oh? You didn't want everyone to know your not very long... oops I mean last very long." I said with the sweetest voice and smile I had. Lucas turned a slight pink but that was the only indication that I was getting to him. His body stayed calm and he didn't tense up like I expected him to. I glared up at him and his body relaxed some more.

"Bae, don't be like this." He whispered with what sounded like actual sadness in his voice. I blinked in surprise and watched as hurt slowly filled his eyes. His whole body dropped and he turned his head away, not wanting to meet my eyes. "Are you being like this because of all those times I teased you? V, babe? I told you last night I was really sorry about that. You know I only teased you because I was embarrassed about what the guys would say but I don't care anymore. I mean, you believe me right? Don't you V?" He begged quietly.

His hurt filled eyes meet mine and once again I was frozen with shock. It's the first time he's actually ever called me something besides little piggy and that along with what he said froze me in place. The words I wanted to say got caught in my throat and took everything I had not to choke on them. It wasn't until I felt a presence move next to me that I snapped out of it.

I snapped my head to my right and saw Ryder gathering up his things to leave. My heart clenched with pain and before I knew it, I was standing in front of him and shaking my head furiously. He gave me a sad smile and cupped my face with his huge hand. I leaned into his hand, sadness filling my eyes. He just looked at me for second as if memorizing my face before turning around and walking away.

I was about to go after him when an arm wrapped itself around my shoulders. I struggled to get out from under it but they just held me tighter. No! I can't lose Ryder! I just meet him but he's the first real friend I've ever had! "It's ok babe, I got you now." Lucas said with fake warmth in his voice. I didn't turn to look at him. I just kept my eyes on Ryder's retreating back, hoping he would turn around and see the hurt in my eyes. But he never did.

***

Its been about a month since that day and my bruised face has finally healed. Though I didn't really notice it all that much. I was just happy the ugly bruises had finally disappeared.

Ryder still hasn't looked at me since that day. He pretty much avoids me like the plague now. I would see him sometimes heading towards our old table during lunch before he would stop himself and go sit with other people. I knew he could feel me watching him during lunch but he never turned to acknowledge me and I've even seen some of his friends tell him that I'm staring and he'll just shrug and pretend he doesn't notice.

I cried myself to sleep that whole first week before I realized I was being an idiot and put a stop to that stupid s***. I only knew Ryder for what? A week? 2 weeks?! I was being ridiculous and becoming obsessed. I stopped the crying and decided to focus on my new "relationship".

If you could call it that. Lucas and I hardly ever hung out unless we were at school or he had some plans after school that his mates invited him too. I mean, to the rest of the school it looked like we were totally loved up but we still couldn't stand each other. I also had a sneaking suspicion that Lucas was actually in love with Sophia Johnson, The School Nerd.

Not that I ever called her that, it's just what the school called her. Sophia didn't really talk to anyone, she was quiet and kept to herself. She was short at 5'3 with long blonde hair that went past her waist and bright blue eyes that looked even bigger when she wore her glasses which was pretty much all the time. She was on the plump side but it worked for her. She had curves in all the right places and to be honest I'm actually surprised she's still single. She was really cute.

I first noticed that Lucas may have feelings for her when I sat next to him one day during lunch. All his friends were talking to him but he just kept looking at me with a small smile on his face. Or that's what he would like his friends to believe. He had his back turned to them so they couldn't really see. I however had a clear view of his face and it sure wasn't me he was watching. No, it was the blonde walking across the room going to her seat in the corner, her tray full of food, that had his full attention. It also didn't help that when his eyes met mine they widened and he turned slightly pink.

I smirked at him before grabbing my bag and made my way over to Sophia. I felt Lucas' hand brush mine trying to stop me but I pulled away too quickly. "Hello." I said politely as I sat across from her. Her head snapped up so fast I'm surprised it was still attached to her body. Bright blue eyes clashed with mine and she did that one eyebrow thing that everyone but me seems to be able to do and gave me a nod before looking back down at her food. She wasn't wearing her glasses today, that's new. "My name is Veronica, we have like all our AP classes together." I said, hoping to draw her into a conversation. Her eyes met mine and she nodded again. "I know." she said in softest, sweetest voice I have ever heard. I gasped at hearing her voice and she grimaced like she hated hearing it.

"Oh man, you have the cutest voice ever!" I gushed and she turned the brightest red I have ever seen. "I hate my voice." She growled, trying to lower her voice. It was the cutest thing ever! She reminds me of a little kitten, feisty as hell but super cute.

I gave her a big smile and I saw her lips twitch like she trying not to smile back. My hands dug into my pocket getting my phone ready. She gave me a big smile while tilting her head to the left slightly and I quickly pulled out my phone and took a picture of her. She gave me a confused look and I just motioned for her to lean in like I was telling her a secret.

"Is Lucas looking at us right now?" I asked. Both our eyes flashed towards him. His eyes widened when he saw we were looking at him and he scrambled to look away, trying to make out that it wasn't us he was staring at but his eyes kept flicking back towards us. He was slowly turning slightly pink and it took everything I had not to laugh at him. Judging by the way Sophia's lips kept twitching I believe she was also having the same trouble.

"Why is your boyfriend looking at us like that?" She asked in that adorable voice. I smirked at her and just shook my head. She eyed me suspiciously but let it go. "So are you going to tell me now why you took that picture?" She asked quietly. I smirked slightly. That photo was leverage to use against Lucas because I know he will want it. "You'll know eventually. Anyway, want to see an even better photo?" I asked while flicking through my pictures trying to find a particular photo. I of course had to change my background picture on my phone as I now have a "boyfriend". It was currently a picture of Lucas and me together, we were smiling and hugging each other while looking at the camera. So in other words, totally fake.

It turns out I can take some awesome photos. I mean I knew I could draw great pictures but I didn't know that I was good at taking pictures as well. It wasn't until I took a random photo of Lucas on my phone that I first noticed I was any good. It came out great with the lighting hitting him in all the right places, making him look even more handsome. Ever since THAT day I've been taking photos of everything.

Finally finding the picture I wanted, I got up and sat next to Sophia. I passed her the phone and she gasped. "How the hell did you get a topless photo of Ryder Harris!" She yelled, standing up quickly. And that ladies and gentlemen is how you silence a high school cafeteria.

Ryder's and Lucas' head snapped towards us, while I just glared up at Sophia who was now as red as a tomato at seeing what she had done. I snatched my phone out of her hand, grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the cafeteria. She quickly bent down and grabbed our bags before I dragged her out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell that out loud." She said quietly. I just pulled her outside and dragged her towards the gym seeing as that was our next class. "It's fine, I'm sure no one heard you." I grimaced not believing my words at all and Sophia hung her head in shame. "Hey, it's fine. I'm used to people here talking about me anyway." I said trying to reassure her.

She looked up at me and smiled. "So are you going to tell me how you got that photo?" She asked curiously. "You just want to look at the picture again." I said teasingly, giving her a cheeky grin. She rolled her eyes at me but said nothing. I shook my head at her and gave her my phone so she could look at it again. "Wow! You take some awesome pictures." She said while looking through all my pictures. She stopped at the one that was my next favorite.

It was a photo of Lucas topless, wet, with a sexy smile and looking straight at the camera. He was running a hand through his hair looking totally delicious. I wanted that picture as my background picture since I couldn't have the one of Ryder but Lucas threw a fit and it took everything I had for him not to delete the damn picture. I don't see why but he didn't want me to have a topless picture of him. I know this is a fake relationship and all but you would think he would be happy with girls wanting to see him topless.

***

It's been a week since that incident in the cafeteria and the rumours were spreading like wildfire causing unwanted attention but it did help Sophia and I get closer. We became inseparable. Always together when I wasn't with Lucas and because we had most of our classes together it was even better. She even came to my house every other day after school so we could just hang out. She liked my house better because she had 5 sisters and 1 brother filling up their 5 bedroom place. I did go there once and it was crazy. I've never seen so many people in one house before.

Sophia is the middle child. 3 older sisters and her 2 younger sisters and her brother. Every single person in that house has blonde hair and blue eyes. Her parents were amazing, very loving and willing to do anything for their kids.

***

I was walking to my locker when I hit a solid wall and started falling back. I prepared myself for the fall and the pain that would come with it. I had been so deep in thought that I wasn't watching where I was going. My head was down and I had a soft smile on my face. When the pain never came I opened my eyes slowly to see Ryder standing there giving me a blank look and holding me up. My eyes widened and I quickly righted myself.

Once he saw I was ok he dropped his hold on me and just kept giving me that blank stare. "Ryder?" I reached out towards him but he backed up, not letting me touch him. My hand clenched into a fist as tears filled my eyes. "Fine!" I pushed past him and made my way towards my locker. I heard him grunt with how hard I pushed him but that was all. He didn't come after me or even try to stop me so we could talk. I turned back and saw he was just looking at his hands. "Ryder!" I called getting his attention. He looked up in surprise but it quickly turned blank when he saw who called his name. Pain twisted in my heart but I pushed it aside. "Thanks for catching me." With that said I turned back around and walked away.

What's wrong with him? Why won't he talk to me? I want Ryder back.

***

It was around lunchtime that Sophia had decided to confront me about the so-called depression I've been having all day. Before we could go get any food, Sophia grabbed my hand and dragged me towards our table. We had been sitting at the table I first meet her every day since then.

"Soph? What the hell? Let me go get my food!!" I growled trying to pull away. She just pulled me harder towards the table. I'll give it to the girl, she may be tiny but she's quite the tough cookie. She pushed me into my seat and sat across from me. "Explain." She said giving me a hard look, letting me know she wasn't going to change her mind. She wanted to know what's wrong and we wanted to know now.

"It's nothing Soph, trust me ok?" I made to get up but her face tightened in anger and I sighed before sitting back down. "Tell me V! What's wrong?" She said in that cute little voice that I had trouble denying. I flopped down in my chair and sighed in defeat. "Ryder." Was all I said. Instantly she got up and grabbed our things. "Follow me." She growled. I got up and followed her to Lucas' table. I smiled slightly when I saw Lucas perk up and his eyes widen in surprise.

She went straight to his table, grabbing Lucas' hand and dragged us both outside. She took us to a little private corner at the back of the field where no one could hear us and we could see if anyone was coming. She gave me a hard glare before turning to Lucas. "What happens if you lose this bet?" She asked him point blank. Lucas blinked in surprise before turning to look at me.

My eyes widened in shock as a gasp slipped through my lips. I could feel Lucas burning a hole in the side of my head however I kept my eyes locked on Sophia. Too scared to meet his eyes, afraid of the emotions burning within them.

I watched as Soph stomped her foot, impatient and punched Lucas in the chest. "Don't ignore me. What will happen if you lose the bet Lucas?!" Sophia growled. I choked back a laugh when a heard Lucas suck in a breath, knowing he was still angry at me. Biting down hard on my bottom lip to stop the smile from showing. I choked on a second breath as Lucas sucked in another from one of Sophia's brutal attacks. "Stop burning a hole in Veronica's face and answer me!! What will happen if you lose this bet?!!" She growled in that angry kitten voice.

I finally felt my face drop in temperature and realised that Lucas had finally stopped burning a hole in my face. His burning gaze now focused on Sophia, who was not buckling under his intense gaze. I looked towards the sky and was surprised to see no dark clouds forming around us with the strong gazes clashing in front of me. One burning with a fiery passion that was determined to get their way. The other ice cold and refusing to give in.

I took several steps back but neither of them noticed. Both still refusing to give into the other. This isn't going to end well. The only problem I have is trying to figure out who's going to get hurt more. I watched closely as Lucas gave a huge sigh and closed his eyes. Oh! Is he going to give up? His eyes flashed open again and clashed with Sophia's once more. Though I could not see his eyes I knew from looking at Sophia's face that he wasn't going to give up.

She looked so sad and I hurt more knowing I was also part of that sadness. "That's none of your business Sophia. I will tell you though that I'm not going to lose this bet. Not for anyone." Lucas said softly. "Not even for me?" I heard Sophia whisper softly. Straining my ears just to catch what she said. I saw Lucas' face get softer, sadder and he nodded. "Not even for you." With that said he turned and quickly walked away, not once looking back. I quickly rushed to Sophia's side and gave her a tight hug. "I'm sorry Soph. I'm so sorry." I whispered. My heart breaking due to my best friends sadness. "It's fine V. Just can you please tell me why he doesn't want to lose this bet?" She whispered sadly.

I pulled away and sighed. "He'll be Jack's slave for the rest of the year if he loses this bet." Sophia's eyes grew wide with shock. Now realising why he can not lose. "Ok, he totally can't lose this bet. So we have to figure out another way for Ryder to talk to you again." Sophia mumbled to herself.

"What's the point? I mean to be honest, we only knew each other for a week or so. Is there a point trying to get him to talk to me again?" I said sadly. Sophia slapped my arm hard. Ouch. Her eyes burning with anger. "Don't be stupid! Of course, it's worth it! He's the first person that ever got you to smile V. He's also the first person you've ever let close to you and if it wasn't for him, I doubt you would have ever trusted anyone again. Which means we would have never become friends!" Sophia growled. Well, when she puts it like that, then I guess she's right.

I don't know why but I feel a strong connection to Ryder. Something about him drawls me in. Something about him makes me feel safe and that's something I haven't felt in a very, very long time. I took a deep breath and locked eyes on Sophia. "Ok let's do this Soph! I am going to make Ryder talk to me again, even if it's the last thing I do." Sophia gave me a wide grin and nodded. "Go get him V!"

I gave her a wide grin and marched my way back to the school. "Hang on Soph. I just have to go to the library for a sec. I saw they had this art book about dragons I wanted to check out." Sophia gave me a confused look and made to come with me but I waved her off.

I took off in the other direction to the library while she went back to the cafeteria. I entered the library and found it empty. No surprises about that. No one ever comes to the library. Especially since most things can be found on the Internet. As I drew closer to the art section I began hearing strange noises. Confused I slowed down and looked around. Maybe someone is here.

As I turned the corner and went into a more secluded part of the library I froze in pure shock. Before I knew what I was doing I pulled out my phone and coughed. Drawing their attention to me and quickly took a picture. I took off running out of the library before they realised what had happened. I quickly made my way to the cafeteria and sat across from Sophia. A wide grin on my face. I slowly began eating the food Sophia had bought for me, the grin never leaving my face.

"Ok, why are you grinning like that? It's kind of creeping me out." Sophia asked confused. I gave her a wide grin. "Oh, nothing. I just found a way for you and Lucas to be together is all." I said, smirking. Still confused, Sophia watched me. She was about to say something when none other then Jack came bursting into the cafeteria looking a mess.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

4.1K 195 44
Emilia Thomas moved to London to start a new life with her family, and to get away from her troubled past. There she starts her school hoping that he...
684K 18K 57
I was terrified of small spaces and he knew that. I could feel the sweat pooling in the crease behind my knees. My arms were hugging my knees to my...
4K 145 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
7.3M 190K 44
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best friend and secret crush, Ben, jealous, she thinks it will be a simple arrangement...