Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 13-

51K 1.1K 238
By repswiftly

-Isabelle Quinn-

“Nathan! Hi” comes a shrill voice, waving her hands and getting Nathan’s attention. He spots her in the crowd and smiles, I watch him walk over to her and my jaw drops.

I follow him and sit down at the table, where Ruby has made herself very much at home.

“Told you I’d see you soon” she says, playfully slapping Nathan in the arm. I wonder if she knew I wanted to slap her in the face…with a chair.

“Yes, you did say” he smirks and runs her fingers through his blonde, tousled hair.

Ruby bites her lips at this and I grimace.

“So, this car auction?” Nathan asks after moments of awkward silence. Ruby snaps out of some daydream. Probably of Nathan shirtless and some dirty thoughts wondering in her head. Ergh, of course she’d think that.

“Yes” she jumps up and hands him some papers. “A total a 50 cars for the auction. Do you guys have a location and some plants to start off the auction?”

“Yeah, we do.” he answers back and reads through the document in his hand. As much as I hated business and didn’t want to watch Nathan work, I wasn’t going to let Ruby stay alone with him.

“Belle!” shrieked a voice behind me and I spun around, facing Caroline. “And Ruby?” she grumbled, folding her arms.

“Oh, you” hissed Ruby.

“Why don’t you two go out? Ask Thomas to take you somewhere. I know you don’t want to see me do this.” Nathan breathed, smiling at me.

I return a nervous smile, I didn’t want Ruby anywhere near Nathan, And I had no intention leaving them together, but I had no choice. I linked arms with Caroline and walked out the room.

“Why does she have to make a business deal with him?” spits Caroline, and I shake my head. Thomas is at the front door and I relay the message from Nathan. He agrees and opens the front door when an unexpected visitor bolts into the house.

“WHAT?” exclaims Caroline and I follow the visitor to see them jumping onto Ruby and licking her face.

“Argh, get this mutt of me” she roars and Nathan carefully grabs the dog and carries him.

“He’s harmless,” Nathan assures Ruby but she only looks disgusted. I run to Nathan and grab the dog off him, stroking him behind the ears and getting licked in the face.

“Awhh, who’s adorable” I coo to the German Shepard, who was only a puppy, but looked huge anyway. “Look, he has no name tag” I say and look hopefully at Caroline then at Nathan, meeting his bright blue eyes, his face lit up and it made my heart flutter for a split second.

“Do you want to keep him?” he asked, and I gasped.

“You mean I’m allowed to keep him?” I ask and smile down at the dog in my arms.

“Well, he has no name tag, I’m guessing this guys needs a home.” He smiles, stroking the German Shepard and cooing at him. My heart leaped, seeing him cuddle the dog and petting him gently. “He needs a name.”

I snap back to reality and look over at Caroline.

“Ohh” she chirps and we all face her. “Spot? Tiger? T-Rex?” she suggests and I shook my head and bit my lip.

“Dennis – Domino – Ron – Harry – VOLDEMORT” she continues, looking proud of herself, but I glare at her.

“Ok, not Voldemort” she says and shies away.

I rack my brains for a suitable name. I always thought if I had a pet, I’d name him after my favourite food. I go through a list of foods in my head. Spaghetti? No. Doritos? Too weird. How about Cupcake? Nah, too girly. Biscuit? My favourite biscuit, and it came to me.

“Oreos” I grin and see Nathan’s puzzled look.

“Oreos?” he challenged and I nod my head.

“Because I love Oreos, and it’s a good name for him.”

I let the puppy in my hand, leap to the floor and go over to Nathan. He smiles and bends down, petting him on the head.

“Welcome to your new home, Oreo” He grins and I jump in joy, catching Ruby roll her eyes.

“Ok, so you’re keeping the dog. Can we please get down to business” she asks sweetly and bats her eyelashes at Nathan.

Nathan gives me a apologetic look and I take my new dog Oreos back to the front door, where Thomas was waiting.

“Let’s go….to the park?” I propose and Thomas nods.

“Where ever you want miss, I assume it’s because of your new dog?” He smiles kindly at me and crouches down to stroke Oreo.

“Yup” and we all, get into a classy, black Audi and drive off down the road.

***

-Nathan Blake-

“This is great, everything is sorted out. It’s amazing how you’re so organized” compliments Ruby and I smile at her, getting uneasy every minute. Suddenly I wished to be where ever Thomas and the girls had gone. I wanted to have fun instead of staying in talking about a car auction. On the bright side, most of it was sorted. I just had to pass it on to Alison when she got back and she’d arrange it.

“I’m so glad, we worked this all out, together” she chirps and leans in closer to me.

Her hands, with long nails, painted bright red clasp onto mine and she looks innocently at me. But I knew she was anything but innocent. Our hands are still together, I keep my eyes on her in case she decides to do anything else. I’m in shock and I don’t realise my mother come in until she clears her throat. I pull my hand away and watch my mother furrow her eyebrows at me. She’d talked to me about how I should take care of Isabelle and never upset her. What the hell was I doing, holding Ruby’s hand? I should have pushed her back and told her to back off.

She slowly turns around and walks away with one final glare at Ruby that she nervously shifts in her chair and leans back.

“That was awkward” she mutters and laughs nervously.

I do the same and sit back, pretending to be interested in the paperwork in front of me, when I really wished Isabelle was at my side.

***

-Isabelle Quinn-

“Miss, I think we should head back to the house” grumbles Thomas and jumps out of Oreos way as he runs to the pond.

“Yeah” says Caroline, he words slurred while to eat an ice-cream. I nod my head at Thomas and he managed to grab Oreos and direct him towards the car.

“So, I was meaning to ask this, but what’s gonna happen after Summer break. We’ll be back at school, until graduation and your parents still don’t know. They think you’re inFrance. Belle, I know I’ve always snuck behind my parents back and lied, but you have to tell them you’re married. TO A MILLIONAIRE” she roars and I hush her down, watching Thomas trying to control Oreos.

“I know.” I agree and get inside the car, Oreos jumping onto my lap. “I’ll have to move back home.”

“And tell them the truth” Caroline interrupts.

“I just don’t know how. They’ll be angry.” I look down at my shoes, biting the inside of my mouth to control the urge to cry.

“So, are you annoyed you went along with the marriage in the first place?” Caroline mumbles, biting her ice-cream cone.

“No, funnily I don’t have regrets. It isn’t as bad as I thought it would be” I smile, thinking of how Nathan turned out to be so different than all the articles in magazines. I knew better than to believe things that exaggerate a story, but it all seemed true and I’m sure it was. But not anymore.

The car strolls down the road easily and we pass restaurants and stores. People walking down the street, having a normal life.

“I’ll tell them after Summer Break.” I address Caroline. “I promise I will”.

For the rest of the journey, I stared out the window, my mind overcome with thoughts about Nathan, my parents, school and the fat lie. I just couldn’t imagine reaction from my mom and dad when they find out that I’m married. They’d kill me, interrogate me and then kill me again. I tried to think of other things, my new dog that Nathan let me have, the trip toLondon, and Nathan. He might be the root of the trouble, but he somehow made me forget my worries. I get flashes of him in my head, his messy blonde hair, his straight chin, his dazzling eyes. Caroline nudges me and we pull into the house driveway. As soon as I open the door, Oreo races out and jumps at the front door, barking to be let in.

“Alright, alright. Calm down, doggy” calls Thomas and a maid opens the door, greeting us as we enter.

I run in after Oreo into the living room, but I feel my heart sink, being stabbed by a knife over and over again. I tremble on the spot and take in some shaky breaths. Tears appear in my eyes and threaten to stream down my face, making me break down. I hear Caroline’s footsteps behind me and her hand on my shoulder, she too glimpses at the shock gluing me to the ground.

“Nathan?” I breathe through my shaking voice and he pulls away from a kiss with Ruby, on top of him.

___________________________________________________________________________

DUN DUN DUN! lol! I've been taking time writing this and sorry for the wait. Hope you guys like it :)

And can I ask you lovely people a favour?! I've started writing this short story 'The Exchange Student' and it would mean a lot of you checked it out! I've posted a few chapters so far! Please comment on botn stories and vote! You're amazing! :) 

x x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 9.3K 16
Kole Asher the good looking soon to be prince of Botnia has to choose his wife soon. On a whim he runs into a girl on the street, he thinks she's bea...
242 11 9
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...
44 0 34
This story's about a girl named isabelle, who's a 13 year old rich-spoiled kid. But she was just like every other child or as you might think "The pe...