Her Everything [ Book #1]

By the_annoyed_writer

Book 1 of the Second Chances Series #43 in spiritual as of December 2017 #6 in muslimlovestory as of July 201... More

Prologue.
Chapter - 1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter-7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Help!
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 25
Author's note
Ask me!
Epilogue
Announcements!
Author's note
Life update and Gratitude
Learning English Language & Lit

Chapter - 24

20.6K 823 23
By the_annoyed_writer

A few days later, Mariam was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for Zeyad who was getting ready for work upstairs.

After putting slices of bread in the toaster Mariam checked on the brewing coffee and began scrambling some eggs. When Zeyad finally came down Mariam had already placed buttered toast and a steaming cup of coffee on the breakfast table and was plating the eggs.

"Here you go," She said as she passed him the salt and pepper.

"Thank you, darling" Zeyad said smiling over the rim of his mug and Mariam's heart fluttered a little.
Four almost five years of being married and Mariam still couldn't get over his handsome looks. The side of his hair had grown slightly white and to her the whole salt and pepper look seemed to only  add to his attractiveness.
Her eyes then trailed over to his arms where his bulging muscles could be seen through his well fitted shirt.

"Take a picture, sweetheart. It will last longer," Zeyad teased causing Mariam to blink out of her thoughts. But instead of feeling embarrassed, Mariam only smirked. "Why should I need a picture when I have you all to myself,"

"Ooh, confident Mariam is very sexy. I like it."

"I know," Mariam whispered in a low sexy voice making Zeyad put down his coffee.

"Keep doing that and I will have to cancel today and lock us in the bedroom for the whole day,"

"Would that be so bad?" Mariam asked as she traced her fingers on his hard chest from where she was leaning over the table on the other side.

Zeyad was tempted to cancel everything and just take that lovely woman right then and there. "You're driving me crazy, baby"  He whispered as he circled around the table, his breakfast forgotten.
"You make me lose all my senses," He added as he began nuzzling her neck.

"I could say the same."
Mariam circled her arms around his neck and pressed her body to his.
She then peaked at the wall behind him to check the time, "You still have thirty minutes" She breathed in his ear, biting at it.

Zeyad need not be told twice. He knew exactly what his wife wanted and it had been weeks since they had last had sex. It had been hard to find time for themselves with Zahaan's illness. He picked her up and Mariam wrapped her legs around him, already feeling his excitement, as he kissed her deeply, his tongue invading her mouth. She could taste the bitter taste of coffee, but she loved it.

Just as things began heating up further, Mariam's phone began ringing, bringing the both of them out of their little bubble. Zeyad groaned in annoyance while Mariam only laughed.

"We have tonight. I can ask Susan to take Zahaan to her place after school. He'll be fine with her and her daughter, Alice. I think our boy even likes her," Mariam added patting his chest.

"Yeah, I don't know about his crush but that sounds like a plan. I'll tell Andrew to make reservations for 7. Be ready."

"I will. See you at 7 then."

The two then kissed goodbye and Mariam headed upstairs to wake Zahaan up.
"Sweetie, wake up." She cooed as she placed his hearing aid. The little boy was just too stubborn and took at least fifteen minutes to wake up.
With lots of whining and protests, Zahaan was dressed and ready to go.

Mariam skillfully fed him his special breakfast of soft waffles and strawberry jam. He refused to eat anything other than that. It was one of the things in his routine and both Zeyad and her were fine with it as long as their son was eating.

Susan was on time to pick him up as usual. Both Zahaan and Alice went to the same school, St. Catherine's school for special children, and they'd alternately take the kids to and from school.

"Hey, Zahaan," Susan greeted in her usual peppy voice. She was a beautiful red head with dazzling blue eyes. Her personality was as nice as her face. They had met during the orientation at the school and had become quick friends. Her husband owned a construction company and they had four kids.

Zahaan only waved at her before he began signing with Alice. Mariam kissed him goodbye and asked Susan if she was okay with taking Zahaan home.
"Of course, Mariam. It's more than okay. We'll have a movie day."

Mariam then thanked her before she drove off and breathed in a sigh.

***

Mariam stood in front of their bathroom mirror, a small plastic device in her hand.

Positive.

Mariam smiled at it, placing it next to the other three tests. All with the same answer. Positive. She finally did it. She was pregnant and she couldn't contain her happiness.

Still smiling to herself Mariam did her chores while listening to some music.

Soon enough, it was  5:30 in the evening, time for her to start getting dressed. Mariam was in great conflict as to what dress to wear. She had more than necessary designer gowns in her walk in closet, courtesy to Zeyad and Ethan. After trying on four evening gowns, she finally decided to wear an exquisite white chiffon dress that had long sleeves and had some golden embroidery. The dress hugged her figure perfectly.

She paired the dress with some matching white Louboutines and kept her makeup light. By the time Mariam was done, it was 6:30 and she knew that any minute now Zeyad would be there to pick her up.

When half an hour passed and there was no sign of him, Mariam tried calling him but he didn't answer.
As more time passed, Mariam began to panic. It wasn't like Zeyad to be so irresponsible and the bad feeling in her stomach, told her that something was definitely wrong.
Mariam's gut feeling turned out to be true when she got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"This is officer Shane, am I speaking to Mrs. Ali?"

Hesitantly, Mariam responded, "Yes, this is she,"

"Ma'am, I am afraid I have some bad news for you. Your husband, Mr. Zeyda Ali has been in a car crash-"
And that was all Mariam heard before her phone fell to the ground.

"Ma'am? Hello . . .? Mrs. Ali are you there?" The officer on the line kept asking but Mariam was too out of it to speak, but she gathered as much courage as she could and picked up the phone, "Hello"

"Oh, thank Jesus. Ma'am are you alright? I need you to stay calm." The kind officer instructed.

"I am okay, but my husband, where is he? Is he okay?"

"I don't have much news on him yet but he's at the hospital right now-"
And so the office gave her the address to the hospital and Mariam didn't waste a minute in grabbing her coat and dashing out of the door. She gave the address to Max and the two sped past the traffic.

On her way to the hospital Mariam called Ben, telling him about the accident. Surprisingly enough, Mariam was very calm as she spoke.
Within no time she was at the hospital, not caring about the curious glances she got for her fancy outfit.

"I am looking for Mr. Zeyad Ali." She spoke at the reception.

"And you are?" The nurse asked.

"His wife, Mariam Ali." Mariam panted, running out of patience.

"He's in still in surgery. You'll have to wait," With that the rude nurse went back to her work and Mariam wanted to yell at her even though she knew there wasn't anything they could do.

Mariam was in the waiting area when she heard her name, looking up she saw Ben, standing there, looking worried and confused. His tie was lose and his coat missing. Seeing him there broke something inside her and Mariam ran into Ben's open arms.
Ben hugged her, trying to comfort his best friend's wife.
"Hush now. He'll be fine."

"Oh Ben, they said that he's surgery and it's bad. I've been waiting here for I don't how long." Mariam babbled through her tears.

"I am here now. Let me go check. I'll be right back, okay?"

Mariam only nodded and it was then that she saw her best friend. Ethan looked completely out of place for a hospital, just like herself. And like her, he too had tears in his eyes.

"Oh baby" He cooed as the two hugged. "He'll be fine. He has to be."
"Also, he needs to wake up to see you killing in that dress," Ethan added making Mariam snort.
Leave it to Ethan to make light of any situation.

Ben was back a few minutes later with not much news.
"He's still in surgery, and they don't know much either."

Hearing that only made Marian more anxious. All she wanted was someone to tell her what was happening. Was Zeyad okay? Was it serious? But no one was answering her million thoughts and it was frustrating.

Almost an hour later, a female doctor in her mid thirties came out, looking tired.
"Mrs. Ali? Hi, I am Dr. Grey."

"How is my husband?"

"Your husband is fine. He had some internal bleeding which is why it took us so long, but he's out of danger now. Although he had two fractured ribs and a dislocated shoulder..." The kind doctor kept talking, but Marian only heard the word 'fine'

He is fine.

He is okay.

"When can we see him doctor?" It was Ben who asked.

"In a few minutes. We'll be moving him to a room and then you can see him. Only two persons at a time, though."

"Thank you Dr.Grey."
And with that, the doctor left.

"See, he'll be fine no-." Ben turned to look at his husband and Mariam but stopped dead when he saw Mariam's white dress turning red.

"Jesus, Mariam!" He exclaimed as Mariam stumbled next to Ethan.
"What's happening?" Ethan cried, trying to hold both of their weight together.

"The baby" Mariam whispered in a broken whisper as both Ben and Ethan exchanged worried glances.

Ben quickly picked her up as he ran out of the waiting room, Ethan right behind him. The nurses outside saw the group and rushed Mariam into a room.

"What is happening with our friends" Ethan cried, his lip trembling as he watched Mariam get rolled away. "Why is this happening to them, Ben?"

"I don't know, babe. I don't know." He whispered, kissing Ethan's forehead.

______________________________________

Aaaaand that's a wrap.
I am back from the dead and I am extremely sorry for my absence, but I have been having a difficult time at college.
Enjoy❤

(Retreats back to being dead ;p)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 14.4K 59
Dua Shah the innocent girl with a devastated life. Never loved by anyone from her family. She lost her mother in early age. She lives with her father...
34.1K 1.9K 34
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...
763K 43.4K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
38.1K 2.5K 23
Book cover edited by Graceee ✨️ As I enter in my room I saw my babies are sleeping together in my bed. Then I realized may be I should give a chance...