Chapter - 16

Mariam pressed her hands on the gorgeous dress that she wore.
It was a turquoise satin dress that hugged her soft curves like a second skin.

The dress was fish-cut, more like a mermaid's. The bodice had delicate stones embedded on it with a sweetheart neckline.

A soft smile played over her lips as she remembered the day when the dress had arrived. She was in the living room, playing with Zahaan when Zeyad's driver had brought it in.

"Mrs. Ali, Mr. Ali had me deliver this for you," the kind young man had said. "Shall I put it here?"

"Oh, yes, please." Mariam said as Max put a decent sized package on the couch.

"Will that be all, Mrs. Ali,"

"Yes, thank you, Max."

The young man then gave a polite nod and left the room.

Mariam put Zahaan back in his playpen and went to take look at the package.

The box was wrapped in a cream coloured paper with a red ribbon tied around in a beautiful bow.
Mariam picked the small folded note stuck next to the bow and opened it with slight excitement. She instantly realized the slanted hand writing as Zeyad's.

Mariam,

        There's a ball this Saturday and I would very much like for you to wear this dress.

Love, Z. A

P.s - I picked it myself.

Mariam couldn't help but giggle slightly at the disfigured heart at the end.

Folding the note back, she opened the wrapping paper along with the lid of the box and gasped.
Sitting inside was the dress.

Now as Mariam admired the dress she couldn't help the constant smile on her plum painted lips. The dress was absolutely perfect except for the part where she realized that it was strapless. And although, Mariam felt a little more than uncomfortable by it, she kept it to herself.

"You look breathtaking," Zeyad whispered  as he came to stand behind her, staring at their joint image.

"As always" He added and then pressed a soft kiss to the side of her neck. Mariam shivered in pleasure at the feel of his lips and stubbled cheeks on her sensitive skin.

"There's only one thing missing,"
Zeyad said as he reached inside his side of the dressing table and pulled out a dark blue, velvet box. He then proceeded to open it to expose a delicate Diamond necklace. It was a simple three layered thing with diamonds stuck on platinum chains.

"It is beautiful," Mariam whispered. And it was indeed breathtaking.

"Not so much as you." Zeyad said as he placed the jewellery around Mariam's neck.

He then turned Mariam around so that she was facing him.

"You look so beautiful right now, that I want to devour you right here," He whispered in a husky voice, once more sending pleasurable shivers down her spine.

"God, I wish this ball wasn't that important. Because it's so not good for my balls,"

Mariam laughed so loudly at his statement that she faltered in hee heels, holding onto Zeyad for support.
He placed one of his hands around her waist to hold her still and the other on her cheek as he leaned in to kiss her.

Their lips molded together as he kissed her, sucking on her lower lip, making Mariam moan.
"You taste mighty fine, Wifey" He grumbled.

Mariam moved her hands all over his chest, equally aroused. Her heart exploding into million crackers as he plunged his tongue into her mouth, exploring every crevice.

"We're going to be late" Mariam breathed out as they pulled apart.

"Oh, baby. We won't even make it there if I could have my way with you." He smirked.

Mariam blushed and pushed him away, turning around to check herself in the mirror. She turned back around once she was sure nothing was out of place and obviously, had reapplied her lipstick.

"You ready?" Zeyad asked from their bedroom door, looking handsome as usual in an all balck tuxedo and the bow tie matching the color of Mariam's dress. His glasses were in place and he'd trimmed his beard just that evening.

"Yeah, it's just that I feel a little. . . exposed?" Mariam pointed towards her shoulders.

Zeyad walked to his side of the closet and came out with a silver wrap in his hand. "I knew you'd say that," He said as he placed it in Mariam's hand.

Mariam looked at his smirking face with her jaw dropped. "You are such a tease, Mr. Ali." She said swatting his chest lightly.

"What can I say, Mrs. Ali. I have an innocent wife." He winked.

The couple then left the master bedroom, stopping by their son's room to kiss him goodnight as he slept peacefully in the care of his Nanny.

They then walked out of the house and towards Zeyad's favourite sports car that he used for such occasions only. It was a matt black and sleek.
And although, Mariam wasn't a big fan of cars, she adored that super fast beauty.

The ride to the ball was a quick one.
It was held at one of the finest banquet halls of Toronto. The place flooded with people in expensive dressing, arriving in expensive cars.
Mariam and Zeyad were amongst them.

The banquet hall was huge, brightly lit and amazing. A huge chandelier hung over the large expanse that was the dance floor. Waiters moved around from groups to groups serving  drinks and appetizers in sliver trays.

Zeyad was greeted by almost everyone as soon as the couple entered the ball.

It was only when people started congratulating them, that Mariam realized the ball was held in the honour of Zeyad's company's profit and their marriage.

"I think you forgot to mention to me that this was a party in your honour,"
Mariam whispered in Zeyad's ear as she clung to his arm.

"I know. And I am sorry, but I knew that you'd get anxious if I told you before. Also, it is in our honour not just mine."

Mariam gave him a disapproving glare before pasting a smile on her face as they moved further into the party.

It's short but whatever, enjoy!!
Also, I was quite excited for this chapter so please, please, please let me know what you think.

It's one of my Favorite chapters.