The Mafia's mind

By sophiathecupcake

Angelo may mean 'angel' but let me tell you, this one may very well be the devil in disguise. He's brutal. He... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Part XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Announcement!
Mr Darcy has Tattoos
Mr Darcy has tattoos

Chapter XIII

7.3K 199 27
By sophiathecupcake

POV: Aletta

It's been a month since Angelo disappeared.

Since he discovered the truth about who he is? who he was? who he's destined to be? His past?

Whatever it is, after he found out, he went MIA...

Turns out Angelo was Angelo Santovendito. The Angelo Santovendito!

The mafia king. The ruthless, stone-cold killer.

It's no wonder he ran off. Finding out that your the boss of the biggest mafia in the world, that your in fact the infamous Angelo Santovendito, is not something that can be taken lightly.

It took me days to get over the fact that my new best friends were involved in the mafia and that I had just met their ruthless boss.

I eventually did get over it though. Just because they're involved in the mafia, it doesn't change the fact that they're still my best friends.

I heard from Bella that some of his men found a car crashed against a tree trunk in the middle of the very same forest he crashed in when he lost his memory.

There were traces of dna all over the car and scene (mainly blood-lots of blood), proving that he had in fact been in yet another accident.
Bella said they managed to trace the blood up to the highway, but after that he managed to cover his tracks well.

All hospitals in the area were checked as well as airports, but he couldn't be traced.

After a week of searching, Alex received a message from Angelo, that he was taking a break and to not come looking for him.
And so, much to Bella's dismay, that's what they did.

Bella and Alex grew very distant over the first week. Alex wasn't at school, due to his injury but Bella was always spacing out in class and during our conversations, then again, I couldn't blame them since their cousin had just gone missing.

After Alex received the message, Bella was a hot mess, always breaking down, but she eventually got better.

After a week more she learned to deal with the events, and that leads to our current situation.

Over the past month, the three of us have grown closer than ever.

Bella and Alex are both still quite down at times despite the effort they put in, and as their friend, it's my job to help them out.

As the three of us adapt to the new situation, things begin to look up for us. For the first time in a month, Alex and Bella don't look depressed, they're more happy and still progressing.

As I reflect on the past month, a shrill erupts in my mind, disrupting my train of thoughts.

I shoot up, from the desk I was leaning on, and realise that I was daydreaming during class.
I stalk out of the room, and head to my locker where Bella is leaned, scrolling through her phone.

I approach my locker, and take all the books I need for the weekends homework and me and Bella walk out to the parking lot together.

As we walk over to Bella's car Alex jogs after us. He squeezes between us, and lazily swings an arm over both our shoulders.

"Gross! Alex you reek!" Bella fusses, pushing Alex's arm off her shoulders and frowning at him.

"Well it's not like I had gym last or anything." He retorts sarcastically causing Bella to huff.

"You are not getting in my car smelling like a sweaty skunk!" She crosses her arms across her chest and frowns.

Alex's drops his arm from my shoulder and steps towards Bella causing her to retreat by a step.

"What are you doing Alex?!" She shrieks as he wraps his arms around her and wipes his sweaty head on her.

"Alexxxxx! Stop it!!" She howls once again and Alex takes a step back.

A face-splitting grin spreads across his face and he places both hands on his hips, admiring his handiwork.

The pride is swept of his face immediately as Bella tackles him to the ground. The two of them bicker endlessly, and after a minute or so, I get fed up and break it up.

Alex still has a smirk on his face and Bella is still scowling at him.

"Now you can't get in you car either, smelling like -what was it you said... Ah! That's it, a sweaty skunk!" He chuckles.

She huffs once again and I can practically see the smoke coming out her nostrils and ears.

"Ahem!" I cough trying to divert their attention from clawing each others eyeballs out from their sockets (well Bella at least).

"Guess, were walking then?" I joke and Alex chuckles before slinging his arm over both our shoulders again.

We all walk to my apartment, and agree to Netflix and chill tonight, just like most Fridays.

As I go to unlock the door I hear faint murmurs from inside. I press my ear against the door but I can't quite make out what they're saying.

I gently turn the key and push the door open, attempting to make no noise.

I then tiptoe down to the kitchen to see papà sat opposite someone.

The other person is facing away from me but I can see that he is clothed in a striking black suit and has jet black hair, which is styled to perfection.
He carries an air of authority in his posture.

I continue to scrutinise the mans back, trying to figure out who he is when my father shifts his attention to me.

"Aletta! You remember your uncle Gio right?" He exclaims and the man turns to face me.

"U-uncle Gio?" I'm confused, I thought papa was an only child.

"Aletta, it's nice to see you again." The man smiles at me. He walks over to me and embraces me in a hug, which I'm forced to return.

"Your right Robbi. She has grown into a remarkable young lady." Gio says to papa.

"You were only this tall last time I saw you." He says while signalling a measurement about waist high.

"Zio?!" A surprised voice comes from behind.
I turn around to see Alex and Bella with their jaws on the floor.

"Alessandro, Isabella, what a pleasant surprise!" Gio says meanwhile the others just stand opening and closing their mouths like goldfish, unable to articulate a sentence.

"You know Alex and Bella?" My papà says surprised to Gio.

"Ah Yes, these two troublemakers happen to be my niece and nephew." He says and pats Alex on the back.

"My my, what a small world we live in, I didn't realise Alex and Bella were the Alex and Bella DeLorento!"

Now I join the twins in looking like a goldfish, completely astounded. How does papa know these two?

The two middle aged men chuckle at the sight of the three of us gawking, and my papà raises a brow at me.

"Maybe we should explain." Papà says to Gio and he nods.

"Take a seat kids." Papa says but not one of us move, the three of us are glued to the spot.

"...or don't" papà chuckles.

"Me and Robbi have been friends for as long as I can remember." Gio says patting papà on the shoulder.

"We grew up together in Sicily." Papà adds.

"Gio is like a brother to me, it's a nice surprise having you visit." He continues.

"Why are you visiting Zio?" Alex finally perks up and asks.

This catches papà off guard as he starts to cough.

Gio doesn't seem startled at all, instead he remains neutral.

"Well as the three of you probably already know, my son has taken a little vacation..." he says. And we all nod.

Papa furrows his eyebrows at me and he doesn't seem pleased that I am aware of the situation.

"Well, he's been gone for too long, and he needs to come back. He has a duty to fulfil as my son and the boss of the mafia." Gio continues and I'm shocked at what I'm hearing.

"But you haven't answered my question Zio..." Alex interrupts.

"Patience boy," Gio says sternly before continuing.
"Well, in order to find him I need help from the best in the business... and that leads me to my dear friend Roberto Silvano over here, or better known as Virus..."

"Oh don't remind me of that name, it makes me cringe, I don't know what I was thinking calling myself that!" Papa says, as embarrassment coats his facial features.

I turn to face Alex and Bella to seek some answers as I'm lost.

"Holy shit! You mean the Virus!" Alex shrieks as he begins fangirling.
"The Virus! Is it true that you once hacked into the government system and downloaded the Black Virus?!" He squealed flapping his hands about.

Virus... what the fuck?! Black virus?! Government?!
No way there's no chance that my dad is THE Virus!

"Well yes, I suppose it is." Papa chuckles at the memory.

"I gotta say it was perhaps my hardest job, nearly got busted!"

Alex slaps his hands over his mouth in shock before asking for an autograph.

Papà happily obliges, and Alex nearly passes out from the excitement.

Me and Bella remain gawking at the two men before us, unable to say anything.

After about an hour of papà and Gio catching up, they get straight down to business, but not before ushering me, Alex and Bella out of the room.

"I can't believe your dad is The Virus!" Alex whisper yells still super exhilarated after meeting his idol.

"Me neither..." I reply, still just as astounded, if not more.

"Coolest. Dad. Ever." Bella gushes.

Bella and Alex both excitedly converse over the revelation and all I can do is stare at them with wide eyes and a disconnected jaw, which is placed on the ground.

As the two of them turn to face me, I quickly recompose myself.

Alex is still super jittery, making me laugh.

"You know Alex, I never pegged you as a tech geek." I smugly state.

"Rude!" He exclaims.

"Well what did you expect me to say? After all, you are our schools most notorious bad boy." I gently elbow his rib cage and he creases his dark eyebrows together, frowning at me.

Before we can continue the matter, papà and Gio walk into the hallway, right outside the door.

"Thanks again, Robbi, you are the best!" Gio exclaims before patting my fathers soulder.

"No problem, Gio, anytime." He smiles as he opens the front door for his friend.

"Arrivederci Aletta e grazie ancora, amico." Gio waves at me and smiles at papà before turning his back and walking out of the apartment.

I say goodbye as well as he steps out the door.

When the man is out of sight we shut the door and I turn to look at my father.

I meet his happy, surprised eyes before asking; "So, Virus... what's for dinner?".

***********************************************************
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Please don't forget to comment and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.2K 32
⚠️ Cringe Alert ⚠️ (first story don't judge) edit: pleaseee judge!!! Arabella Knight. Your average shy 18 year old girl who is bored of her normal...
296K 7.4K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
1.8M 40.1K 36
❝Everyone has good in them, for even the devil was once an angel.❞ ••• ▪ HIGHEST RANKING #70 IN #WATTPAD ▪ ••• Brooklyn, a normal girl trying to make...
507K 11.6K 41
• ONGOING • 'Plea-please Lea-leave me ' she tried to move out of his grip but couldn't . 'No no miele we can't do that you belong to us baby ' Ricca...