The AU Project: The Secret Tr...

By AwesomeKick

The Alternate Universe Project consists of a program and portal machine that leads to the digital world. It w... More

Chapter 1: The AU Portal Generator
Chapter 2: It's Ninja O'Clock!
Chapter 3: An Unlikely Ally
Chapter 4: Kang and The Stank
Chapter 5: The Battle of Norrisville High
Chapter 6: Bitter Union
Chapter 7: Overshadowed
Chapter 9: The Phantom Pain
Chapter 10: The Battle of The Isle of Draco
Chapter 11: Dragon History
Optional Chapter 11/12: The Fentons
Chapter 12: Enemy of My Enemy
Chapter 13: Debbie Meddle Again
Chapter 14: Who is the Ninja?
Chapter 15: Friend Or Foe?
Chapter 16: Tying The Knot
Chapter 17: Judgement
Chapter 18: Chaos Falls
Chapter 19: In The Nomicon
Chapter 20: Rematch
Chapter 21: The End

Chapter 8: The Hall of Dragons

266 2 0
By AwesomeKick

The portal led Awesome into a torch-lit chamber. The walls were made of stone bricks and there were a few furniture around. One side of the wall was made of iron bars. "What an unpleasant surprise." An old woman's voice spoke from the shadows. She stepped out of the shadow, revealing herself to be the former member of the World Dragon Council, Chang. Awesome quickly got into a fighting stance.

"While it would be satisfactory to be the first to strike down an Outsider, but unfortunately my dragon chi was taken from me." She walked past the Outsider as she spoke.

"Oh, that's smart of them." Awesome loosened but still aware that Bad Guy could be around.

"Bangers! You call that smart? Cruel is more like it! It takes away the chances of breaking out!" A monkey with a British accent wearing yellow hip hop clothes swung onto the bars of the prison. It was Bananas B.

"Well, yeah, that's the point."

"What's more cruel is that this intolerable baboon is my cellmate!" Chang growled.

"Charming duo." Bad Guy suddenly appeared beside Awesome, startling her. She quickly jabbed him with an elbow. "Ow, chill, woman! Truce! We're both 'Outsiders'!"

She narrowed her eyes at him and withdrew her fist. As soon as Bad Guy loosened, she kicked him in the guts. "That's for not helping when Vlad almost killed me!"

He groaned and hugged his stomach tightly, "Oow, god, should've known you'd do that..."

"Do you two lovebirds mind taking this elsewhere!?" Chang rudely interrupted.

"No problem..." Bad Guy groaned, went intangible and walked past the prison bars. Then he detransformed, his hand rubbing his sore. Awesome followed his actions and walked up beside him.

"Geez. Did I kick you that hard? Sorry..." She apologized like a tsundere. "I mean, they don't call me Awesome KICK for nothing. But I'm pretty sure the Ghost Stinger move hurts more than a kick to the guts." She crossed her arms and glared at him.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I mean... we don't actually die, right? So it's like a video game. I was trying to stealth it, you know? I got the Dairy King to help too."

"Dairy King? He was talking about you!? But you're the Bad Guy! You released Vlad!"

"Yeah, but the ghosts know sh*t. They know we Outsiders like our entertainment. So he kinda forgave me as long as I fix things. I mean, I ain't complaining!" He shrugged with a smirk.

"Ok...? But... That remote you used, isn't that Joe's?"

"Hold on, you know Joe?"

"Well yeah! I'm his friend! I was helping him test out his prototype until I had to clean up your mess! How'd you get in here!? Did you sneak past him or something!?" Awesome questioned.

"Oh, busted..." He chuckled nervously. "Ok ok, here's the deal. We're friends from the same uni. He told me about his invention but he said to wait 'till tomorrow. I got curious about what's he doing with it today, so I followed him back here..."

"YOU STALKED HIM!?"

"Noooo! It was... a surprise! I was gonna surprise him... you know?" He avoided making eye contact with Awesome as he chuckled more. "Look, you can't expect me to resist the experience that would be SO MUCH BETTER than VR! Think of the anime girls I can actually-" He suddenly stopped when he saw the stare Awesome was giving him. Not. Amused.

"Uh... be friends with! You know?" He looked everywhere else but Awesome once again.

"I see you are a man of culture..." She scoffed.

"Hey! I like anime, ok!?"

"Mm-hm. And yet, you chose to go into the world of cartoons?"

"The cartoon names were already on screen. And they're all my childhood favorites. So... you know..." He shrugged. "Plus, I heard Joe flushing the toilet so I jumped right in."

"Wow." Awesome commented. "Just wow. Joe, you getting this?"

A portal opened beside them in the hallway. Joe rolled into view on his desk chair with arms crossed, "I sure did."

"Hey, Joe! What'sup, dude!" Bad Guy grinned and gave him finger gun gestures.

"I swear, you're a danger to society," Joe responded.

"Why thank you." Bad Guy thanked smugly with a slight bow even. "So, all this time you were watching? How come you never caught me in here?"

"Because you don't have a tracker on you." Awesome took out her tracker from her pocket and displayed it on her palm. "It acts like a camera for him. Or it's probably a prototype bug... A lot of things can be improved... LIKE HIS SECURITY SYSTEM." She glared at both guys. "Anyways, are you done being the Bad Guy? The characters probably aren't gonna forgive you so easily."

"Not yet. I still haven't done anything with the dragon cartoon yet. I was thinking I'll release the Dark Dragon." He rubbed his hands together.

"Are you nuts!? He's too OP! That's not very entertaining! And every villain you release, I have to clean up your mess! Stop it!"

"Come on, don't you wanna fight the Dark Dragon? I wanna." He nudged her with his elbow.

"Too OP! And gimme that thermos! I don't like being overshadowed! Especially by that fruit loop!" She tried to snatch the Fenton Thermos from his belt but he grabbed her arm. She gave him a death glare and made her hand glow with ecto-energy. He immediately let go. "Alright, I'll give it to you!" But he quickly went ghost, turned intangible and phased through the ceiling. "After you catch me!"

"See what I mean?" Joe told Awesome.

"Goddamned *sshat!" Awesome went ghost as well and flew after him. After a few feet of stone bricks and dirt, they finally emerge on the surface and was met with the ray of the afternoon sun. They took in the sight. It is, as shown in the show, an island surrounded by the sea with a palace in the middle. Surrounding the palace are some training grounds and a few buildings with various styles of architecture. Dragons and people alike roamed the island. They were indeed on the Isle of Draco. Bad Guy pointed to the palace and signaled Awesome to turn invisible. They both did so and flew into the palace before turning visible so that they don't attract attention.

Awesome snatched the Fenton Thermos from Bad Guy's belt, "Aha!"

He rolled his eyes with a smile before continuing deeper into the palace. Curious, Awesome followed, "Where are you going?"

"Exploring! Duh!" He replied before suddenly shuffling aside and turning invisible. Awesome followed. Councilor Kulde and Councilor Andam walked into the room chatting with each other. They walked passed the invisible Outsiders, completely unaware of their presence. They soon walked out of the room.

"Huh, I guess dragons can only see invisible ghosts when they use dragon vision." Bad Guy turned visible and commented.

"Why are we being sneaky!?" Awesome turned visible as well.

"Because it's fun this way!" He continued on his way.

With a raised eyebrow, Awesome followed him. They continued through the hallways exploring every nook and cranny while hiding from anyone strolling by. They phased through walls and found lots of different rooms, like the kitchen, gardens, a big war room and... a room that they can't phase into!

"Hey, tomboy! Check this out!" Bad Guy called out. Awesome flew over and put a hand out to phase through the wall. Her hand didn't pass through.

"Woah, magic?" She lifted her hand from the wall.

"Just what are they hiding in there?" He floated along the wall. They turned a corner and found a huge, elegantly designed, double door. The wooden doors had carvings of dragons and magic particles etched into it. But it had no door handles.

"It's not a push door..." Awesome pushed the door but it didn't budge. "How do we get in?"

"Think 'Outside' the box," He winked and grabbed the portal remote control.

Awesome let out a sigh at the pun, "And I was just about to compliment you..."

Bad Guy proceeded to work on the remote. A portal opened beside the Outsiders. Another one can be heard opening inside the mysterious room. "Ladies first," He bowed like a waiter.

"Ok, lover boy, no need to be so formal." Awesome stepped through the portal.

They stepped into a big chamber lined with scroll shelves on the wall and some pedestals with nameplates on. One of them even has the Dark Dragon's claw on display.

"Jackpot!" Bad Guy exclaimed as he scanned the room.

"Whoa-ho-ho! Sneak peek of season 3!" Awesome took out one of the scrolls to read. "American Dragon, Jake Long. 14. Chinese American. Born of dragon descendant Susan Long (generation skipped) and human Johnathan Long. Sister, Haley Long. Grandfather, Luong Lao Shi" She read.

"Looks like they got info about EVERY dragon there is!" Bad Guy shouted from deeper into the room.

"No Dark Dragon though..." Awesome put the scroll back and went to find him. After passing countless shelves and empty pedestals, she found him walking towards a pedestal that's displaying a ball of dragon chi in glass casing. Then, his ghost sense went off, alerting him of her presence.

"You're not gonna steal that, are you?" She questioned.

"I already got ghost powers from the ghost portal, you from Crazy Creep. And this is the Secret Trio! We gotta have the complete set!" He answered.

"But there's only one ninja mask. And that's Randy's. Same goes for this dragon chi, which I'm pretty sure is Chang's." She pointed to the nameplate that says 'Councilor Chang'. The word Councilor was crossed out. (A/N: There's no strikethrough option on Wattpad!??)

Bad Guy smirked at her, making her feel suspicious. "Then I guess it's whoever gets it first!" He dived for it. Awesome shot a ghost ray and hit him, pushing him away from the chi. Now it was her turn to fly full speed at it.

"Hey, no ghost rays!" He shot one at her.

"You were closer! And you had a head start!" She dodged and shot one back. "That's double cheating! Therefore your argument is invalid!"

They chuckled and sparred for a few more moments. Awesome relied on agility and speed, dodging most of the attacks. Bad Guy, on the other hand, emphasized on swift attacks, blocking, and dodging. Finally, Awesome summoned an ecto-wall that Bad Guy flew into while trying to dodge her attacks.

"Walk it off, lover boy!" She flew for the dragon chi and grabbed it. To top it off, she did a front flip and landed on the ground with a victory pose. Immediately after that, the double doors exploded into the chamber with green smoky energy. But there was no one there. A chill went down Awesome's spine. "Oh sh*t, did you feel that?" She tensed up and hid the chi in her arms.

Bad Guy didn't reply. Instead, he took out Joe's portal device from before and started pressing buttons.

"Wha- Hey! You're not gonna release the Dark Dragon NOW, are you!?" She whisper-shouted as she flew towards him.

Her words made him jump. "Do you Outsiders know EVERYTHING!??" It was not his voice. It was Dan's!

"OH F*CK!" Awesome hastily absorbed the dragon chi in her hands. As she did, purple aura-like flames engulfed her body from head to toe. It quickly cleared, revealing her dragon form.

"Pity. I could sense my ghost signature from you, but I can't seem to overshadow you in your dragon form. I would love to have two Outsider minions!" Dan's voice came from Bad Guy's mouth.

"Get out of my friend!" She yelled. That doesn't sound weird at all...

"Hurt me, and you'll hurt your friend too!" He smirked.

"Well... Fine!" She flew towards him with a fist drawn back. He was surprised but managed to grab it and stop the attack. She threw her other fist towards him, but he grabbed that one as well. Now they're locked in a tug of war. "Get out and fight, you pussy!" She breathed fire at him, breaking them apart. The flame was a little too big than she wanted, but it did its job.

Bad Guy's body floated backward, arm on his face. "Too bad... He had such a dashing look." He uncovered the damages. Awesome had to cover her mouth at the sight. His eyebrows were gone! Dan laughed evilly and started to fly off. But Awesome stopped him by grabbing his leg and throwing him back. "Want to do more damage? What a good friend you are!" Dan smirked.

"If I can't make you get out, then he can!" She pinned him down on the ground and focused. She felt the dragon chi leaving her body as she turned back into her ghost form. Aura flowed from her to Bad Guy's body. Then suddenly, his body was engulfed by blue aura. The transformation blasted her and Dan away. "Ugh, deja vu much?" When the flames cleared, it revealed a dragon with blue scales, purple hair and black spikes.

"Fine! I'll take the other one then!" Dan aimed his hand at Awesome and it glowed green. He made her aim her right arm at Bad Guy to shoot a ghost ray at him. But She was able to aim it at himself at the last second before a ghost ray was shot. "Argh! What!? How are you able to resist!?" He growled.

"Half Vlad, half overshadow." She winked as she pointed her glowing palm at him.

"You're right! Being overshadowed sucks!" Bad Guy announced. Dan turned around towards him but was quickly met with a kick to the face. He fell on his back and before he could recover, Bad Guy breathed... Ice! It encased Dan entirely in ice. The Outsiders gasped in amazement.

"You breathe ICE!? That's so AWESOME!" Awesome flew to Bad Guy's side.

"Ya mean COOL!" He crossed his arms and smirked.

"Take USELESS!" Dan phased through from the floor behind them. He made Awesome tackle Bad Guy and use the Ghost Stinger on him, making him yell in pain. She quickly released him, "S-sorry!"

Bad Guy groaned as he got up, "I guess we're even..."

"Not quite..." She grabbed the Fenton Thermos from her belt and tossed it to Bad Guy. Then they got into a fighting stance. Dan fired two ghost rays at both the Outsiders. They dodged by flying. The villain kept shooting ghost rays at them, not letting them get close. They dodged, blocked, and shot back. Dan grew impatient. He overshadowed Awesome so she'd stay still and charged up a ghost ray.

"Look out!" Bad Guy shouted. But she smirked. She didn't try to move. The villain fired the powerfully charged ray at her. She absorbed the ghost ray into her left arm, struggled to, but successfully transfer it to her right arm, and fired it back. The redirected ray hit Dan, head-on, knocking him down once again. This time, he was too exhausted to stand up.

"How! Who taught you that!?" He leveraged himself up.

The Outsiders landed in front of him in victory. "Your Vlad half. Granted, just a few moments ago, I had some practice with the man himself." She bragged, mostly to Bad Guy. "You used it on your other half on your first meeting. What a BLAST from the past!" Awesome grinned at her own joke.

Bad Guy unscrewed the cap from the thermos and pointed it at the enemy ghost, "And you're about to meet him." The ghost hissed and growled as he was sucked into the thermos. The Infi-Map which he stole clattered to the ground. Finally, the Outsider screwed the cap back on.

"We're not gonna break the matrix with both of them meeting each other, right?" Awesome asked as she retrieved the map.

"He met Danny before." He answered as he threw the thermos up and caught it in his claws. Then he tossed the thermos back to her.

"True dat! Good job, dude!" She attached it back on her belt. Then she detransformed and held out a fist for a fist bump with a smile, "Pound it!" But the smile quickly disappeared when Bad Guy transformed back to normal. He fist bumped her fist but noticed the expression on her face.

"What??" He asked with an expression that she didn't know because his eyebrows were missing.

"Uhhhh..." She chuckled nervously and scratched the back of her head. "I uh... sort of went overboard with the fire-breathing just now and..." She timidly pointed to where his eyebrows should be.

He ran his fingers there and his expression completely changed. "WHAT THE F*CK DID YOU DO!??" He yelled.

"Hey! That's for- ... f*cking... That's your own fault! You released him!" She argued. "Besides... it'll grow back..." She grinned awkwardly and avoided his glare.

Suddenly, a short earthquake shook the building. The palace creaked and dust crumbled down the ceiling. "We will continue this later!" He growled at her and dragoned up. Awesome held in laughter and went ghost. They flew outside to find the sky full of storm clouds and lightning, and the Island overrun by Shade Demons. Dragons were already outside battling the dark minions. Then, a familiar, deep, evil laughter filled the sky. Bad Guy and Awesome shared glances. The Dark Dragon was back.

(A/N: Credits to Nico-Solangelo and their fanfic in the external link for the idea of The Hall of Dragons. More on the next chapters.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1.3K 15
Danny's secret has always been trouble, but when he gets sick with a deadly virus thats eating away at his ghost half and he suddenly passes out in c...
77.8K 1.1K 21
No one expected the two people who hated each other most to fall in love. After never ending arguments, fights, and unexpected events they slowly fel...
81.8K 2.5K 17
[Status: οΌ€ο½‰ο½“ο½ƒο½ο½Žο½”ο½‰ο½Žο½•ο½…ο½„.] "LuvAnimeSongs" appears only on Wattpad, Quotev, and FanFiction. To let everyone know if my stories are being stolen without...
18.1K 815 30
||Book 2/2|| sequel to Inside Out ||Completed|| A boy who is feared by everyone for his powers and adored by few for his personality. That's a life o...