The Quiet One - a George Harr...

By micmat

A few days after watching his mate Ringo get married, George finds himself reflecting on his life as a single... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 3

2.8K 106 34
By micmat

As the light streamed in through the window, Kathy woke first. She climbed out of bed and, after finding a dressing gown hung up on the back of the door, she tiptoed out to the living room. She found George sprawled across the sofa which was far too short for him! His gangly legs hung over the edge. Kathy found herself feeling sorry for him. He looked decidely uncomfortable. She took at step towards him but was startled as he suddenly opened his eyes.

"Morning." She gave him a nervous smile, unsure how he'd react.

"Hi." He pulled himself up into a sitting position, groaning. "God I'm stiff! This sofa is not designed for sleeping on!"

"Sorry."

He laughed. "Hey don't worry! it's not your fault. He stood up and looked down at his crumpled state. Rubbing his hands through his hair, he looked at Kathy and grinned. "I'm starving! Fancy having breakfast with me in the cafe down the road? My treat."

"I'd love to!" She hesitated, looking towards the bedrooms, "But George, is there any sign of Lucy and Paul?"

He shook his head. "I think they're probably still asleep considering how long they were at it last night. Why?"

"Like I said last night, I don't know how to get back to her flat without her. I don't want her to leave without me."

Knowing from past experience that Paul would make sure he got even more sex from Lucy before she left today, he debated on the best way to answer. "I can't see either of them up for hours yet." He commented tactfully, "Why not leave a note just in case?"

Thinking this was a good idea, she quickly scribbled a note for her sister then she ran to her room and got dressed. Within minutes she ready and back with him.

"A woman that can get ready quickly and still look gorgeous. I'm impressed!" he remarked. Then chuckled as she blushed.

She laughed as he handed her her coat, pleased that he thought she looked nice. She watched as he placed a wide brimmed hat on his head then pulled it low down over his face.

"What's the hat for?" she chuckled.

He looked up at her so she could see her face. "Stops me being recognised so we can get some peace."

"But it also means I can't see your face George, so I won't be able to talk to you!"

"Then we'll just have walk fast and I'll take it off once we get to the cafe. How does that sound?"

"Great!"

After opening the door and letting her through first, he linked her arm as they set off together.

The cafe was just a few streets away. Thankfully, being a  Sunday morning meant they got there without any problems. As they walked in a woman behind the counter called "morning George!" He waved as they found a table at the back of the cafe. He deliberately sat with his back to the door then took off his hat and jacket. The cafe owner came over to them.

"No Paul today?" she asked cheerfully, handing them both a menu each.

George shook his head. "No he's busy."

She eyed Kathy curiously. "This pretty thing your girlfriend Georgie!"

Kathy blushed furiously. George laughed off the comment, telling her she was his sister. After taking their orders, she left them to talk.

"Sorry about that," he told her, "I didn't know what to say. The sister excuse was the first thing that came into my head!"

She smiled at him. "It's fine. Being your fake sister is an honour!"

They were briefly interrupted as their food arrived on enormous plates. Kathy laughed at the amount of food in front of her. "I'll never eat all this!"

"I'll eat any leftovers," said George, already tucking in, "I'm always hungry!"

They shared a very pleasant meal with lots of talk and laughter. As predicted George scoffed all his food and half of Kathy's. On the way back to the flat, he mused how he found himself liking Kathy more and more.  As he let them in, George scowled. Kathy noticed this and was concerned.

"What's wrong George?"

He shook his head. She caught his hand and held it. "Come on George. Please, what's wrong? It's not something I've done is it?"

He smiled down at her and gave her a quick hug. "I'm sorry if I've upset you! You've not done anything! No, Let's just say Paul and Lucy are letting me know that they're awake. Look, do you mind if we go and sit in the kitchen again. I really don't want to listen to Paul sha.... I'm sorry. I don't mean to be crude."

Kathy followed him into  the kitchen and sat opposite him at the table. They talked for a while then suddenly George leaned over and took hold of her hand. Kathy looked startled by this.

"Kathy, I've really enjoyed spenfing time with you and getting to know you more." he looked at her, still holding her hand, and smiled softly, "Would you consider having dinner with me one evening, before you return home? Just me and you at a nice restaurant? As a date?"

He grinned as Kathy blushed furiously and looked down at her hands. He squeezed her hand so she looked up at him once more. "I seem to keep embarressing you. I'm sorry, I don't mean to." he said softly.

Kathy gave him a shy smile. "I've always blushed easily. The joys of having a bossy twin sister. I was always the quiet one whilst she was the noisey outgoing one!"

"Hey something else we have in common, I'm known as the quiet Beatle," He smiled once more before risking his invitation for a second time. "Well? What do you think? Fancy a dinner date?"

"I'd love to have dinner with you George. Thank you." Kathy answered without hesitation or embarressment he noticed.

"What day is best for you?"

"Well, I go home on Wednesday so... tomorrow or Tuesday is the ony time I'm  available."

"Tomorrow then....Monday?" George was already thinking that if the date was successful then he could see her again the following day.

She nodded and thanked him.

Before they could make any more arrangements, the kitchen door swung open. Paul strolled in wearing just a pair of shorts. He gave George a triumphant grin and opened the fridge. After collecting two beers he left them alone. George heard giggling as the bedroom door was opened. Shaking his head, he got up and closed the door again.

"George," Kathy asked quietly, "If I'm stopping you doing something then please don't feel you need to stay with me."

"I like being with you." he answered, "Tell me some more about yourself. You said you go home on Wednesday. Where's home?"

"Manchester. My father is a clergyman. Mum helps him out. Me and Lucy are their only children. That's why I was so surprised at Lucy's behaviour."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I know we're both adults and can make our own choices. And I certainly don't think mum and dad are so niave as to think we're angels but at the same time, dad especially has always tried to make sure we understood about self respect." She shook her head. "I just hope Lucy doesn't regret her actions this weekend. I know she really likes Paul. She even said she loves him which is why she's behaved the way she has. She wouldn't give up her virginity for just anyone. She's not like that!" She looked up at George, looking sad. "I get the feeling that from you've said, it's unlikely Paul has any real feelings about Lucy. That she was just a conquest?"

He nodded slowly. "I hate to say this, but yes, usually that's what he does."

She looked angry suddenly."I feel like going in there and telling her she's being a fool!" To his horror, Kathy was crying.

Getting up, he moved next to her and wrapped his arms around her. She leaned on him, crying. "You can't do that Kathy love. If she's been taken in by McCartney then she probably wouldn't listen anyway. If anything, she'd just think you were jealous or something!"

Kathy wiped her eyes. She looked at George then hugged him. "I'm sorry for being so stupid but when she's your twin, it's different. If she hurts, I hurt!"

George nodded and, aware that he was still holding her close to him, waited to see if she moved.  She didn't. He was glad. He liked her being there! After sometime of just sitting close and quiet, George broke the silence.

"Kathy love, if I ask you this question, will you try not to think I'm an uncaring person."

Kathy looked puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"Kathy, if Paul does hurt Lucy, it won't stop you and I getting to know each other more will it? It's just that I don't want Paul's actions to jeopardise what I'd like us to become."

She considered his question for a while before responding. "What would you like us to become George?"

He smiled at her then, to her surprise, he kissed her fully. Finally pulling away, he grinned at her. "Does that tell you what I'd like us to become Kathy?"

Once more, she blushed furiously. She nodded. "I think that makes your position very clear George. And to answer your question, no, I won't let whatever happens with Paul and Lucy to affect us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 290 27
Paul McCartney can see into the future. All his life his been looking forward to the day that he meets John Lennon and starts the Beatles. The only i...
2.5K 150 14
This is a fantasy adventure about the Beatles where the four friends get transported to what appears to be another world by a ring that Ringo slips o...
72.7K 2.6K 35
~ (modern au Mclennon and Starrison) Socialite Paul McCartney and his socially awkward mate George Harrison have been living a comfortable life until...
3.1K 88 13
Y/N is married to George Harrison, but on the night of her wedding someone shows her that he can change her life forever.