The Return ~A Merlin and Arth...

By AmeliaEmrys

A great King who is to return when Albion is at it's worst and his friend who waited for him over 600 years... More

The Return ~A Merlin and Arthur Story~ (Late February 2014)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Sneak-peak from Chapter 6
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sneak-peak from chapter 8
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Short sneak-peak from chapter 12
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Sneak-peek for chapter 17
Letter to Olivia
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Sneak-peak Chapter 20
Chapter 20
News
Chapter 21

Chapter 10

299 11 3
By AmeliaEmrys

Ok guys! I am finally back. Sorry for letting you down and not posting earlier. It's just that I had a crazy time and it's finally over. I hope you like this chapter. I hope it's of any good. Let me know what do you think, maybe some suggestions. And if I have mistakes, please do tell! Love you all! ~ A

Merlin's POV

This can't be happening. No. I refuse to let you die Arthur!

"- No. I said to my best friend

- All your magic, Merlin, it can't save me. Said Arthur smiling

-  I can. I am not going to lose you. I said strugling to stand and help Arthur while he patted my hand

- Just, just hold me. Please. He said and I stoped trying. There's something that I want to say. He added

- You're not going to say goodbye. I said wiping my tears away

-  No, Merlin.... Everything you've done. I know now. For me, for Camelot. For the Kingdom you help me build...

- You'd have done it without me.

- Maybe. I want to say... something I'd never said to you before. He said turning his head looking at me. THANK YOU! Arthur added patting my head...

- Arthur! No... Arhur. Come on! I tried to move him

- O drakon! E male so ftengometta tesd'hup'anankes!

I summoned my dragon hoping that he will help me save the King's life.

- Kilgharrah. I would not have summoned you, if there was any other choice. I have one last favor to ask.

- Merlin. There is nothing you can do.

I've failed?

- No, young warlock, for all that you have dreamt of building, has come to pass. said the dragon

I can't lose him! He's my friend!

- Though no man, no matter how great, can know his destiny, some lives have been foretold, Merlin...Arthur is not just a King-he is the Once and Future King. Take heart, for when Albion's need is greatest, Arthur will rise again. It has been a privilege to have known you, young warlock-the story we have been a part of will live long in the minds of men. "

I woke up all sweaty and realised that I was crying in my sleep. But why am I crying? I have him back now, well sort of. Maybe it's because I saw that woman, Amber...

- Can I come in? i heard Olivia's voice behind the door.

- Of course, sweetie. What's wrong? I asked her

- I had this dream. Oh, daddy I had no idea. She said hugging me.

- What? I asked confused.

- I knew that you suffered when you lost Arthur all those years ago, but I never felt it like I did now. I-I saw in my dreams how you tried to save him and even what Kilgharrah told you.

- Oh, Livy. I am so sorry that I had to put you throught this.

- It's ok, daddy. Can you please tell me what happened after, maybe it will help both of us to calm down. I know that you've been having the same dream. My sweet daughter said

- In that moment I said goodbye to a very good friend, Kilgharrah and I realised with much pain in my heart that I had to let Arthur go. He's going to come back. I said then to my self. At that moment I never tought I could ever feel greater pain than I felt when he died. That day all those years ago, broke my heart in so many pieces and in so many ways. I never felt this pain until I lost your mother. I said and she just hold my hand.

- After I watched Arthur die and after I burried him, in all the traditional ways back then, I really had no idea what to do. I couldn't go back to Camelot, not looking like this.

- So what did you do?

- I used a spell that made me look somewhat different, but those who knew me better would recognize me. Like Gaius, who did.

- I know that you've said this story before but this time I understand you better and-

- This time you are a part of this story, Olivia. I said smiling and kissing her cheek.

- So I went back to Camelot and for the third time in that day my heart broke. I found out that my friend, my good friend Gwaine had died. Let me tell you this. Percival was destroyed. He felt guiltly for so long, because he couldn't save him. Gaius was so happy to see me, he recognisez me instantly and we were both happy and sad.

- Dad, wait. You said that your heart broke for the third time. I don't get it. First was when Arthur died and then Gwaine. That would be....

- No, Olivia. My heart also broke when I had to kill Morgana. She used to be my friend. She had magic, sure, we were nothing alike but...

- I know.

- So I went a few times back to Camelot just to check up on them, just to make sure that they are all right. Guineviere was a great queen and she served well with the brave knights on her side. Percival and Leon were the breavest of them all. Each year on Gwaines birthday and death aniversary, Percy spent the the whole day talking about his friend... He was amazing. They all were.

- Dad? What happend to Gaius? she asked and my remembering the man that was like a father to me, made me shed a tear.

- Right... he died many years after Arthur died, I was with him. He was at peace and he... he went away happy that he saw my one last time. He was a really good man.

- I love you daddy. She said hugging me.

- I love you too, baby girl. Now, let's go back to sleep. It's almost 4 a.m.

- Can I stay here? she asked

- Sure.

In the morning

- Joel! Joel! Merlin! We woke up with banging on my door and  Olivia went and dragged him inside.

- Olivia? Where is Merlin?

- I am here. Are you ok? What's wrong?

- I remembered something, or I had this crazy dream.

When he said that me and Olivia we looked at each-other thinking the same thing.

- What dream? We both asked

- You and me. And I was dieing. Then I did. Joel? What's that?

- You remembered something from the past. It's totally fine. I spoke.

- It was.... your pager thing is doing the beep thing. he spoke and Olivia laughed at him.

- Oh, it's Molly. Excuse me, I need to call her.

Olivia's POV

My dad told me the story of him and Arthur so many times but the end of it was so hard breaking, even more now when I could feel it, you know, I understand it better. Great! I am in his room with a very confused Arthur and the silance is so awkward. Oh man.

-Um... so...what are you doing here? he asked

- I live here. Seriously, Arthur. You need to stop with this weird thing. We are living in the same house, we need to get along fine.

- Olivia, I care about you, deeply.

- So do I for you. A-

- Merlin! By the way, you never answered my question. He asked my dad as soon as he saw that he finished the phone call.

- Which one of them Arthur?

- What's wrong? I asked him

- She wants to talk to me. he said trying to smile but I think that he is afraid.

- Merlin! Focus! Olivia isn't your sister, isn't she?

- I am. Of course I am. Arthur, your memories aren't all back so that's you don't remember me. It's fine.

- Whatever. I am going to take a shower if you assure me that the dream is normal. I have plans with Lissca.

- What the hell, I mean who the hell is Lissca? I asked starting to laugh

- The couple formed out of Liam and Jessica. I read on the intreweb that this is a cool thing.

As soon as he finished the sentance I bursted into laughter, I couldn't control myself.

-What? he asked so naive

-Interweb? Really? Who uses that word? Were you born in- Never mind. I said walking out the door being pushed out.

Yeah, my sweet father pushed me out of the room, he need to go talk to Molly about, I hope, their relationship. They are perfect for each-other.

As I was walking downstairs to take breakfast I recived a text from Enzo: " We need to go do a surgery lecture on the forth year in half an hour. Come by. I am almost ready. "

- Are you fucking kidding me? I yelled scaring Liam.

- Olivia!? What the heck? he whined. It's Saturday morning!

- I am sorry. But apparently we need to lecture a surgery thing for the forth year. Some of them are falling behind. I forgot.

- Relax.

- It's in half and hour. Got to run.

I left him in the kitchen and ran upstairs, yelling at Joel

- Joel! Wait for me! I need a ride to Molly's!!!

I went and brushed my teeth and then I decided that due to the lack of time, I should use a little magic act. So I dressed by magic.

On the ride to Molly's house my dad was quiet which was unusual.

- Dad? Are you nervous? I asked

- A bit. I can't lie to you baby girl.

Molly's POV

I miss Joel so much. This past few days that I spent apart from him, made me realise that maybe, just maybe our love is for real, not just an act of magic. I am sure that I need to give him another chance. But only if he agrees to some conditions. I need to try this.

- Where are you going? I asked my brother

- I have a lecture to give with Olivia. He replied with a big smile on his face.

- Oh, dear. You like her! I said laughing at him

- No, I don't, not like that. he replied and I continued laughing. Stop it. he said

- You do! Oh look they are here. I said hearing their car pulling off outside. Go open the door.

- I hate you. he said kissing me and running to his girl. Ok. I know, but he likes her! He does.

- Hi. Can I come in? Joel asked shy

- Hi. Sure.

We both smiled

Arthur's POV

I can't wait to spend the day at the zoo! Haha.  I am kidding. I will go fishing with Liam. Jess is not coming, she is stuck at work and she doesn't really like fishing. Anyway, I am on my way to her house and I keep getting this memories back. A dude with big baby blue eyes, standing in front of me, staring at me and then collapsing. Strange. I shake the image off and ring the door interfone.

Thank God for elevators. Jess's apartament is at the 6th flour. And it's 6 am. Merlin/Joel tells me that I'm not a morning person. I know that we probably should have been on the lake earlier but we couldn't get up. Anyways. I am here now.

- Come on in man! Wait here, I need to brush my hair. Liam said running to the bathroom.

This dude and his hair. I went to the living room to say hi to Jessica and there she was... I know this face. That woman. It seems so familliar.

-Arthur! Hi. Come meet my friend, Amber. Amber this is my

- HI. I'm Arthur Limner.

- Amber Gibbs. Nice to meet you. Um- is there something wrong? she asked

- It's that you remind me of someone that used to know.

- He has amnesia. spoke Jessica

- I'm sorry. spoke Amber.

- Dude. I am ready. Let's go. Baby, do you think that you'll be fine?  

- I am sure, Liam. I have Amber and then I promise that I'll go at Molly's. Ok? You go and have fun.

- Bye.

We all said our goodbyes and we headed to the lake. I swear this guy drives like a maniac.

- Um- hey Liam. I think that I'll walk back home. I said when we got there.

- What? Why? he pretended to be offended

- I value my life. And you are a terrible driver.

- Am not. he said and we both laughed

- What?

- Something is off with you, Arthur.

- I- it's just that this woman, Amber seemed so familliar and I don't know where I've seen her before. And Olivia... the Olivia thing.

- Man, I am sorry that you broke up. I don't know what to say.

- Forget about it. Let's get some bait on this. I said and deepened my toughts into this Amber thing.

Amber POV

I am here  in Winchester with my goddauther and my friends after they got into a terrible car crash. Sure, they will be fine now but I wasn't so scared in my whole life.

On the other hand I saw after 21 years, this girl that I was friend's for like three days. And I am stuck here with her. I need to make up an excuse to get out of here, because I think it's somehow sad to clinche to this idea that we were friends... Anyway I can't believe that he is alive. This isn't happening now, is it? Maybe I got it all wrong. I am not ready yet.

Joel's POV

- Molly, thank you for calling me. I said standing in the door.

- Joel, don't be silly. Come in. Sit down. Can I get you- i didn't let her finish her sentance, I just hold her hand.

- Molly...

- Please let me talk first. She said smiling sweetly.

- ok.

- I know I said that I don't want to see you ever again, that this isn't real. But the past few days I couldn't sleep, I miss you Joel. I really want to believe that this is real. I need to know that this real, Joel. But I need you to do something.

- I'll do everything for you, Molly.

- Tell me what happened. Everything. Please. She said sheding a tear.

- I have a better idea. I will show you. ok? I said trying to smile.

- ok.

I took her hand into mine and spoke the words. I will take her to see my life from the beginning. I will show her everything because I can't live without her. This past days were pure torture for me. Seeing her and not being able to be with her...

- Where are we? she asked.

- We are in Camelot, I mean on the way there. I am showing you everything that I've been living. Don't worry. Noone can see us. But I am warning you not to freak out. I said trying not to laugh.

- Ok. I'll try she laughed

Voice over as Merlin explain everything to Molly ( this will be in italic )

We are  on that Wednesday when I made my way into Camelot, I was a young and naive that he's mother sent to Gaius to teach him. I grew up without a father and she taught that Gaius, Camelot's physician would be the perfect one to help me be safe. As I arrived in Camelot, I witnessed a witch being killed by the King for praticing soccery.

-Oh Joel, this is cruel.

- I am sorry that you had to see this. I spoke

- No. It's ok. I want to know everything.

- We are now here where I first met Arthur.

I showed her how I challanged him and cheated at the duel so I can live. I showed her that he was a bratty prince that tought he was entitled to everything

- Wow. He was so bratty.

- He still is. I said

The next stop in our trip was to see two special ladies. Morgana and Gwen

- Wait. That's Jessica. And that woman... Amber, right?

- Yes. Jessica is Morgana and Amber is Gwen.

- But Jo-Joel. That means that she's evil.

- No.No. Jessica is not like Morgana. And as you will see Morgana wasn't always evil. It's kind of my fault that she turned that way. But that doesn't mean she's like that now. She now has love and friends and support. She didn't have that then.

I showed her every adventure I had with Arthur, the bad and the good moments. I showed her Gwaine, Lancelot, the knights and the dragon. She was speachless. But when I got to the end of my story with Arthur, after she saw what happened and how I felt, she broke down in tears.

-Joel, I am so sorry. I didn't know. she cried hugging me

- It's ok. It was hard as hell but it was how everything was suppose to happen.  Molly, what I am about to show you might change everything. It's so weird what you'll find out. But you asked me to show you everything and that's what I am about to do. I need to show you that you can trust me.

- Ok.

This is the year 2064 and this is me in college studying architecture. This girl is Maya. She was a great part of my life. She was the girl I fell in love with after over 500 years. She stole my heart. As you can see, I married her and she had a baby- we had a baby. I told her the truth about me and that was the hardest, well, one of the hardest part of our lives together.

- You-you. She's beautiful, Joel. Where is she now?

- You'll see. I said and lowered my eyes in the ground. Molly, you didn't asked about-

- Your baby? I am sure that you'll tell me.

She believed me as soon as I told her the truth and I couldn't be more happy. Or could I. When she told me that she was pregnant, I-I couldn't move or even breathe. I was amazed. I never tought that that would be my destiny: to be a dad. My daughter was born and my life was perfect, it only lacked one person. Arthur.

- Who is your daughter, Joel? she asked even if I knew she realised it

- Olivia. Olivia is my daughter.

I showed her everything that happened next, with Maya passing, with how we spent our lives up until the day we got here.

I stoped the spell and we were back into this world.

Enzo's POV

She is amazing. I am here with her lecturing the fourth year students that are falling behind. I know that I should focus on them but I can't get my eyes off of her. She looks so beautiful in the way she talks and she is so passionate about this.

- Enzo! Dr. Stevenson?

- Um? What? Sorry. I was thinking.

- Parker here asked about the course of treatament in case of an subcutaneous edema. She asked giving me a look.

- Right, subcutaneous edema. This is what you need to do.

Olivia's POV

I know that he is worried about his sister and all, I totally understand him, I am worried about my father too, but I need to keep it together.

He looks so cute when - wait! No. No. No.

Liam's POV

- This is such a lovely day, don't you think, Arthur? i asked him twice because he wasn't paying attention.

- ARTHUR!!!

- What? Oh, sorry Liam. But I can't shake that woman out of my mind. I need to remember who she was.

- I don't think that she knows you. Otherwise she would have said something. Don't you think?

- You're right. He said and then he got up and took two beers from the cooler.

- That's more like it, man! Care for some pie?

- Liam? What's with you an apples? You are fucking weird. He asked and we both laughed and took a sip from our drinks.

Molly's POV

-Thank you, Joel. Merlin? How should I call you? I asked

- Well.. I prefer Merlin but only when we are alone. You know....

- I can't believe that this is all true. I never tought that magic or Arthur or Camelot are real... I am...

- Molly, you can't tell anyone this. Please. It's-

- I know. It's important. I understand. I replied. I can't believe that you have a daughter. And that the daughter is Olivia. Oh my!

- What's wrong? he asked panicked and he was looking all confused when I started to laugh.

- This is so messed up. I continued laughing.

- What? Molly are you ok?

- Enzo has a crush on your sis- daughter. Dear Lord...

- This is weird.

We stood there and gazed into each-others eyes and then he leant in for a kiss and before we kissed Enzo and Olivia stormed in.

- What happened? We both asked them.

- Joel. We need to talk. Now! Olivia spoke breathless.

- Enzo can you come with me, please? I asked my brother.

- Um- ok. He said

Joel's POV

- What's wrong? I asked

- Liam texted me. He's on the lake with Arthur and he is acting all weird. We need to do something.

- What? What happened?

- He isn't sure. He said something about seeing a woman and .

- He-he saw, Am- Amber? I said gasping for air.

- Yeah. Who is that?

- That's Gwen, Olivia. Amber is Gwen. Please stay here with Molly and Enzo. I will be back soon. I need to fix that.

- Ok. Take care, dad. She said hugging me.

Olivia's POV

-Molly, my brother went to deal with Arthur's drama. Um- where is Enzo? I asked not seeing him around

- I sent him to take a bath. He stinks. What happened? she asked laughing

- A kid on the campus threw up on him. Long story. Why are you looking at me like that?

- I don't know how I didn't see it sooner. You look like him. Not in a brotherly way.

- What are you talking about?

- He told me everything. I know that you are his daughter. she said hugging me.

- Oh, I am so glad that you two worked this out.

- Well... almost. Where is he anyway?

- He went to talk to Arthur. He's on the lake with Liam and he remembered something and freaking out.

- Oh. Let me get the door. Hi, Jess. Come in.

- Hi, Liv.

Joel's POV

I drove like a maniac to the lake so I can see what is the problem. Luckly the lake isn't that far away. When I got there, Liam was trying to make Arthur calm down but he was failing.

- Arthur! What happened? I asked and when he saw me he jumped grabbing my shoulders and shaking me

- Amber was my wife! Wasn't she? he asked like a maniac.

- Liam, could you give us some privacy? I asked and he nodded yes and left.

- Arthur, calm down. No, this Amber wasn't your wife. I met her at the hospital the other day, I know that she does look like Gwen, but she's not her. She would have remembered right?

- Oh, I am so sorry for dragging you here for that. But between this amesia crap and Gwen and me being who I am and Olivia. I am so sorry.

After I made sure that he calmed down and didn't talk about this for the rest of the week-end, I lef the boys fishing. But before I left Liam wanted a word with me.

- Is he ok?

- Yes. It's just that he's going throught a lot and seeing Amber made him confused. And plus the alcohol.

- Sorry about that. It's really her?

- It's fine. No. But she looks alike. Take care of him. ok? Have a great weekend

- Thanks. Bye.

I got up in my car and went back to  Molly's house. I texted her when I was in front of the house and asked her to come out.

- Joel, what's?

- Get in. We need to finish what we started.

He got in my car and I drove her to the place where it all started. The road that took me to Camelot. Well now this road is in the center of the park. A mile away from the place where she broke my heart.

- Why are you here? she asked

- Here used to be the road that took me to Arthur's life. It's where I started a new life and I want to start again. With you. Molly, I love you. I really do. And I would never to anything to hurt you. I would never cast a spell on you so that you could fell in love. What you fell about me it's real. I didn't do it.

I couldn't finish my idea because she kissed me. I didn't felt so good in my life. My heart was racing and hers too. And when she called me by my real name... well... I have no words.

- Merlin... I love you too. And I know that this is real. I can feel it, I could feel it as you shared your story with me. Your love is like a chain on my heart. It locks my heart, knowing that with you by my side I will be safe and loved. I couldn't be more happy that you stole my heart.

- I love you. We both said at the same time kissing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 163 28
A true King can not bury their head in the sand when times get tough. As the once and future king. It is Arthur's responsibility to bring hope and sa...
332 4 23
Merlin has been waiting centuries for Arthur to return, and now he has, just a little more different than before. Merlin must guide him to return to...
10.3K 339 28
Merlin, the clumsy manservant of Arthur the once and future king of Albion is a secret prince. In an attempt to save his mother and twin Merlin had t...
178K 2.6K 62
He was a knight, a lover and a father. But he was thought to be a myth by those he had chosen to protect. Many years later, his lover Artoria Pendrag...