Family Things & Growing Pains

By caitlinneil7

After finding out Taylor has cancer and is carrying their first child, Braelynn worries about how it will aff... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Epilogue

Chapter Four

97 4 2
By caitlinneil7

"Fuck," Braelynn moans out, her back arching off the bed as she tangles her hand in Nova's hair.

The girl sucked on Braelynn's clit roughly, sticking her tongue into Braelynn every-so-often.

Gripping onto Nova's hair tighter, Braelynn moans loudly as she crashes over the edge.

Nova sat up and smiled at Braelynn.

Flipping them over, Braelynn moves down Nova's body and attaches her lips to the girl's clit.

Nova gasped, her eyes fluttering closed in pleasure.

Sucking roughly, Braelynn gently bites down.

Nova moaned loudly, tangling her fingers through Braelynn's long hair.

Before long, Nova was crashing over the edge while Braelynn pulled away. "I'm going to take a shower and brush my teeth."

Nova nodded. "You're sure Taylor doesn't know?"

"Yeah, she doesn't know." Braelynn responds, getting up and heading to the bathroom.

Nova lay down and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Hey, do you have my shampoo hidden?" Braelynn calls out from the bathroom, starting the shower.

"It's in the second drawer down under the sink." Nova called back.

"Got it."

Fifteen minutes later, Braelynn walks out completely dressed, her hair dried. "I have to go."

Nova nodded. "Okay. Same time next week?" She asked.

"If I can make it." Braelynn responds, kissing Nova before leaving.

"Bye." Nova called as the door closed.

****

Quinn was once again crying when Braelynn walked through the door. She lay in her bassinet, kicking her feet and wriggling in her blanket.

Taylor pacing around the living room, running her fingers through her hair and muttering to herself.

Frowning, Braelynn gently picks Quinn up and looks at Taylor. "You okay?"

Taylor stopped, she snapped her head up in Braelynn's direction. "I can't do this." She muttered. "I'm not a good mother. I never know what she wants. She cries the whole time you're away."

"You're a good mother Tay, you just don't spend as much time with her as I have been." Braelynn responds softly.

"I'm not a good mother." Taylor responded. "I have no clue what I'm doing."

Sighing, Braelynn shakes her head. "You know what, whatever." she says, walking off.

Taylor sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. She grabbed her keys and left the house, getting in her car and driving off.

****

"What's going on?" Lauren asks when Lucy walks into their room with Quinn, Grace was nursing and wouldn't fall asleep.

Sighing, Lucy sits on the bed. "They're fighting again."

"About what this time?" Lauren asked, frowning. "They are fighting a lot now."

"Apparently Taylor didn't feed Quinn while Braelynn was gone." the older girl responds, holding up the bottle.

The front door opened and closed quietly as Taylor came into the house. She kicked off her shoes and moved into the kitchen, dropping her keys on the counter. She moved over to the fridge and collected an unopened bottle of water without a word. She'd been out all day and was starving but didn't want to eat.

"Eat." Braelynn commands from the counter.

Taylor lifted her head. "Thought you were mad at me." She muttered.

"Doesn't mean I want you to starve." the older girl responds shortly.

"So you are mad at me?" Taylor sighed. "I'm not hungry." She turned to leave the room.

"You need to fucking eat Taylor." Braelynn snaps out.

Taylor froze in the doorway. She turned. "Why do you keep yelling at me? What have I done to anger you?"

"You never do anything, I have to take care of everything and I'm tired of it." the older girl responds coldly.

"I don't know what I'm doing!" Taylor responded.

"Neither do I! But at least I'm fucking trying!" Braelynn yells, growing angry. "All you do is sit around and act like a weak bitch!"

Tears filled Taylor's eyes. "You try having cancer and being ill every single day. It's exhausting." With that, she turned and left the room after grabbing her car keys.

Frowning, Braelynn immediately feels guilty and chases after Taylor, gently grabbing her hand and pulling her close. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." she says softly, reaching up to wipe Taylor's eyes. "I've just been so stressed out and now work is wanting me to come back early or they're going to fire me."

Taylor sniffed, tears still falling from her eyes. "You can't... Quinn's barely four months old." She sobbed.

Leaning their foreheads together, Braelynn takes a deep breath. "Then we won't have any income to support raising her." She could feel Taylor's heart beating far to fast in her chest.

Taylor only sobbed in response.

Holding Taylor close, Braelynn closes her eyes. "I'm sorry,"

Taylor's legs wobbled and she fell against Braelynn.

The older girl holds Taylor up, keeping her close.

"I'm sorry." Taylor sobbed quietly.

"Shh," Braelynn whispers, holding Taylor.

"I'll try harder." Taylor mumbled.

After a few minutes, Braelynn leads Taylor to the kitchen table before moving around to make her something to eat.

Taylor wiped her eyes with the backs of her hands. She brought her knees up to her chest and closed her eyes.

"Eat this and we'll go lay down." Braelynn says softly.

"I'm honestly not hungry." Taylor whispered quietly.

"You need to eat Tay, I don't want you to end up in the hospital." Braelynn says softly.

"I'm going to end up there anyway. The chemo isn't working." Taylor sniffed.

Closing her eyes, Braelynn takes a deep breath. "Please don't say things like that?"

"It's the truth." Taylor mumbled. mumbles.

Shaking her head, Braelynn moves over to Taylor and crashes their lips together.

Taylor gasped against Braelynn's lips, her eyes fell closed.

Deepening the kiss, Braelynn pulls Taylor closer.

Taylor relaxed against Braelynn's touch.

"I love you," Braelynn breathes out against her lips.

"I love you too." Taylor whispered.

Pulling away, Braelynn looks into Taylor's eyes and debates on telling her about the affair.

"What?" Taylor asked, furrowing her brows.
Biting her lip, Braelynn looks down. "I've been lying to you."

"Lying to me?" Taylor frowned, her heart sped up in her chest.

Swallowing thickly, Braelynn nods. "I haven't been taking Nova to work, I've been sleeping with her." she whispers.

Taylor's face became sad, her heart sank in her chest. "W-what? W-Why?" A sob left her throat and tears welled up in her eyes.

"I don't know, it just started happening and I couldn't bring myself to stop." the older girl says softly, reaching out to touch Taylor.

Taylor pulled away. "Don't."

"I'm sorry," Braelynn breathes out, tears filling her eyes.

"I a-asked what was g-going on. Y-you told me there was n-nothing." Taylor let out a sob.

Closing her eyes, Braelynn takes a deep breath. "I know, I'm so sorry."

"S-Sorry doesn't change w-what you d-did." The blonde snapped.

Swallowing thickly, Braelynn steps back and looks down.

Taylor shook her head. She left the room, grabbing her car keys on the way out.

The slamming of the front door made Braelynn flinch.

****

Quinn whined as Lucy held her, the little girl growing restless.

"Mom, I can take her." Braelynn said, standing in the doorway.

Getting up, Lucy gently passes Quinn to Braelynn. "You okay?"

"I will be when she walks through that door and forgives me for my stupid mistake." Braelynn said, holding her daughter close.

Sighing, Lucy looks at Braelynn. "I'm sorry sweetie."

"I don't even know why I did it." Braelynn mumbled.

"Sometimes we do stupid things that seem right to us at that moment." the older girl says softly.

"But I knew it wasn't right the entire time and I still continued to do it." Braelynn responded.

Sighing, Lucy runs a hand through her hair. "I don't know what to do."

The door opened and Taylor came in. She was soaking from the rain and limping slightly. Her car had broken down and she had to walk home. It started raining and she slipped on some wet mud and hurt her leg. The blonde kept her head down, her wet hair covering her face. She was shivering and shaking.

Quickly passing Quinn back to her mom, Braelynn rushes over to Taylor. "What happened? Are you okay?" she asks worriedly.

Taylor glanced up at Braelynn through her hair. "I'm fine." She muttered.

"You're limping, let me look." the older girl responds.

"I'm fine." Taylor repeated, she sniffed. She began coughing from the rain.

"No you aren't," Braelynn responds, leading her to their room.

Taylor stumbled and followed Braelynn to their bedroom. She didn't know if she could forgive Braelynn for what she'd done.

"Let's clean you up." Braelynn says softly.

Taylor coughed again.

Leading her into the bathroom, the older girl starts the warm water for a bath.

Taylor leaned against the wall, closing her eyes.

"Strip," Braelynn says softly.

Taylor forced her eyes open and yawned.

Moving over to her, Braelynn gently starts helping the younger girl strip.

Taylor coughed violently.

Rubbing her back, Braelynn takes a deep breath.

Taylor let out a tiny groan and closed her eyes as the coughing subsided.

"Let's get you in the warm water."  the older girl says softly.

Taylor nodded and leaned against Braelynn.
Slowly, Braelynn gets Taylor into the tub and helps her lay back.

Taylor groaned quietly and curled up in the water, closing her eyes.

"You were gone for awhile." the older girl comments softly.

"I h-had to walk h-home." Taylor muttered.

Frowning, Braelynn lifts Taylor's head. "Why, what happened to the car?"

"It b-broke down." Taylor said quietly.

"Why didn't you call Triple A? I got them for us for this reason." Braelynn says softly.

"Phone died." Taylor shivered.

Sighing, Braelynn gently begins running the warm water over Taylor's body.

Taylor closed her eyes, leaning against the wall.

"I'm so sorry," Braelynn whispers softly.

Taylor didn't respond. She'd already fallen asleep.

Cleaning the younger girl up, Braelynn takes her out of the tub and dries her off before dressing her and laying her in their bed.

Taylor yawned in her sleep and rolled onto her side, curling up into a ball.

Changing her own clothes, the older girl climbs into bed beside Taylor.

Lucy appeared in the doorway with Quinn. "Do you want her in here with you or in the nursery?" She asked.

"You can put her in here." Braelynn responds softly.

Lucy nodded. She carried the little girl into the room and lay her on the bed between Braelynn and Taylor. "Is she okay?"

"I don't know." Braelynn said softly.

"You don't know?" Lucy asked.

Shaking her head, the brown eyed girl looks down at her sleeping daughter. "She won't talk to me."

"She'll forgive you eventually, just give her some time. She really loves you. She wouldn't be able to get through this cancer without you. You're her rock."

Braelynn fights back tears. "I really messed up mom, I'm almost as bad as mama."

Lucy shifted uncomfortably. "What your mother did and is still doing, is nothing like what you've done. You stopped. Your mother hasn't." She said softly. "Your mother's actions are worse because she's with her own daughter."

Closing her eyes, Braelynn takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry."

"She'll forgive you, give her time." Lucy said softly. "Just make sure she doesn't get any worse in the meantime."

Nodding her head, Braelynn takes a deep breath. "Okay."

Lucy kissed Braelynn's forehead. "Get some sleep." She said softly before leaving the room.

Closing her eyes, Braelynn holds Quinn protectively while also keeping a hand on Taylor's hip. It wasn't long before she was asleep.

****

When Braelynn woke up the next morning, Taylor wasn't in bed.

Frowning, she sits up and looks at a sound asleep Quinn. A smile crossed her features before frowning again and wondering where Taylor was.

The baby begins shifting, signaling she was waking up.

Braelynn ran her finger over Quinn's cheek. "Good morning princess." She said softly.

Cooing softly, Quinn shifts and looks at Braelynn, kicking her feet.

Braelynn sat up and lifted Quinn into her arms.

The little girl sneezes and her eyes widen adorably.

Braelynn let out a quiet giggle. "Bless you."

Cooing, the little girl kicks her feet.

"Let's go make some breakfast." Braelynn said softly, standing up. She could hear the television in the living room was on and wondered if it was Taylor watching it.

Grunting, Quinn stretches out in her arms.
Braelynn carried Quinn out of the room and towards the kitchen. She passed the living room and caught sight of Taylor half asleep on the couch while watching the television.

The baby began kicking her feet, trying to get Braelynn's attention back on her.

Braelynn looked down at the baby in her arms.

Cooing, Quinn stares up at Braelynn with a smile on her lips.

Braelynn carried the little girl into the kitchen and made her a bottle.

As soon as the nipple touches her lips, Quinn is going to town on her bottle, her eyes fluttering closed.

Braelynn sat down at the kitchen table and smiled at the little girl.

Quinn was falling asleep as she took the bottle.

"Slow down, princess. You don't want to choke." Braelynn said softly.

Grunting, Quinn continues to take her bottle.

Braelynn couldn't hide her smile. She glanced up when Taylor walked into the room.

Quinn shifted in her arms and released a soft whine.

Braelynn looked down at the little girl in her arms. "Yes princess?" She asked softly.

Taylor bent down and kissed Quinn's forehead, completely ignoring Braelynn.

Kicking her feet, the little girl pushes her bottle away.

Braelynn put the bottle on the table and lifted Quinn up. She began patting her back.
A soft burp escaped the baby and she turned her head toward Braelynn's neck.

Braelynn pulled the little girl away. "Better?"

Whining, the baby tries to curl closer to Braelynn.

Braelynn held the baby close. She brushed her fingers gently through the babies soft blonde hair.

Relaxing, Quinn closes her eyes and starts to fall asleep.

Taylor moved away to get a glass of water.

"You hungry?" Braelynn asks softly.

Taylor shrugged, taking a sip of the water.

Laying the baby in the bassinet, Braelynn moves to make Taylor something to eat.

Taylor's hands were shaking meaning that she either needed something to eat or needed more sleep.

Putting a ham and cheese sandwich down in front of Taylor, Braelynn kisses the side of her head.

Taylor looked down at the ham and cheese sandwich. Tears rolled down her cheeks and her heart began racing in her chest. She pressed her free hand to her chest to try and slow it down but it didn't make any difference.

"Breathe," Braelynn says softly, grabbing Taylor's other hand, taking the cup from it and placing it on the counter, pressing the hand to her chest.

Taylor squeezed her eyes closed and scrunched up her face, struggling to breathe. "Inhaler." She mouthed.

Nodding her head, Braelynn rushed out of the room to get Taylor's inhaler.

Taylor leaned against the counter, her eyes still closed and her hand still pressed against her chest.

As soon as Braelynn found the inhaler, she rushed it back to Taylor.

Opening the inhaler as she reached the kitchen, Braelynn rushed in. After shaking the inhaler a few times, she took Taylor's hand gently and wrapped it around the inhaler, guiding it to her mouth. "Here we go... One... two... three." She pressed the button and a puff of air entered Taylor's mouth.

After a few more puffs, Taylor's breathing settled down.

Braelynn rubbed the younger girl's back softly, gently pulling the inhaler away from her mouth. "Better?" she asks softly.

Taylor nodded slowly, opening her eyes. "Thank you." She whispered.

"Of course." the older girl says, kissing Taylor's forehead. "Why don't you eat the sandwich and then go lay down."

Taylor closed her eyes again. "I'm not hungry." She mumbled quietly, struggling to open her eyes again.

"Just take a few bites." the older girl responds softly.

Taylor forced her eyes open. "Just one bite." She breathed.

Nodding her head, Braelynn kisses her forehead. "Just one bite." she responds softly.

Taylor nodded slowly, running her fingers through her hair.

Quinn was shifting in the bassinet, the little girl was growing fussy.

"Get her." Taylor mumbled, nodding towards Quinn.

Moving to the bassinet, Braelynn gently picks the baby up.

The three month old begins to softly cry, kicking
her feet.

"Hey, princess. Shh." Braelynn rocked the little girl.

After a few minutes, Quinn relaxes, tears on her cheeks as she stares up at Braelynn

Braelynn wiped away the tears on the little girl's cheeks.

Quinn watches Braelynn quietly, her eyes wide and curious.

"You have your mother's beautiful eyes." Braelynn whispered softly.

Cooing, Quinn turns her head, almost as if looking for Taylor.

Braelynn carried Quinn over to Taylor. "Here she is."

Blue eyes light up even more and the baby releases another coo, kicking her feet.

"Hi, princess." Taylor smiled softly at the tiny girl.

Squealing, the baby kicks her feet even harder.

"You're a good girl? Aren't you?" Taylor giggled.

Giggling, the little girl kicks her feet harder.

Taylor lifted her hand and gently brushed her fingers across Quinn's cheeks. "I love you."

Cooing, the little girl turns her head toward Taylor's hand.

Taylor smiled softly. "I'm sorry." She sighed. "I'm sick. I can't take care of you properly." She whispered.

"I'm going to try and get her back to sleep, you eat." Braelynn says softly.

Taylor nodded slowly. "Okay." She picked up the sandwich.

Quinn began crying. She was hungry. She kicked her feet in Braelynn's arms.

"Can I try to breastfeed her?" Taylor asked, biting her lower lip. She took a bite of her sandwich.

Leaving the room, Braelynn takes the baby into the nursery.

"Braelynn?" Taylor followed Braelynn with the sandwich in her hand. "Can I try breastfeeding her?"

"If you want." the older girl says softly.

Taylor nodded, taking another bite of her sandwich. "Will you help me?" She asked shyly.

Nodding, Braelynn moves to lay Quinn in her crib. "She's tired now."

"I thought that was her hungry cry?" Taylor said, confused.

"It is, but if she doesn't take her nap first she'll spit it up." Braelynn explains softly.

"Oh... okay." Taylor took another bite of her sandwich. "I have a lot to learn."

Braelynn just smiles softly as she covers a now sound asleep Quinn with a light blanket. "It happens."

"Why am I so bad that this? My mom always told me that when I had kids, I'd be a natural because I was so good with my brother and Astrid... I don't get it."  Taylor frowned.

"You're not bad, you just overthink things." Braelynn responds softly.

"I'm bad." Taylor said. "I'm not a natural. I'm sorry for not trying harder."

Shaking her head, Braelynn moves toward Taylor and pulls her close, leaning in to kiss her.

Taylor rested her head on Braelynn's shoulder. Braelynn's lips gently pressed against Taylor's head.

"I'm sorry," the older girl whispers softly.

Taylor sighed heavily. "Let's watch a movie until she wakes up."

Nodding her head, Braelynn pulls away. "What do you want to watch?"

Taylor shrugged. "Toy Story."

Grabbing her hand, Braelynn leads the younger girl to their bed and turns on their tv.

Taylor sat down on the bed and wrapped her arms around a pillow which she sat on her lap.

Turning on Toy Story, Braelynn leans back in their bed.

Taylor shifted so her head was resting on Braelynn's shoulder.

Wrapping her arm around Taylor, Braelynn glances toward where her phone was vibrating on the table.

Taylor's eyes were locked on the television screen in amazement.

Biting her lip, Braelynn reaches over and grabs her phone. She swallowed thickly, hoping Taylor would stay focused on the television.

Nova: Hey baby, you coming over today?

Braelynn: Can't... I can't ever come back. I told Taylor and she's pretty mad at me now. I don't want to risk anything, especially not her Health. Sorry. But this has to stop now.

Nova: I understand, just know I'm always here.

Braelynn: Bye.

Nova: Bye

Braelynn locked her phone and dropped it on the table bedside herself.

Taylor shifts in her arms and releases a soft yawn.

Braelynn smiled softly. "Tired?"

Nodding her head, the blonde shifts again. "Who were you texting?"

"Nobody." Braelynn said softly. "Don't worry about it."

Quinn's soft cry came through the baby monitor.

"I'll get her." the older girl says, moving out from below Taylor.

Taylor watched her. "She's hungry now, yes?" She asked.

Nodding her head, Braelynn leaves to get Quinn.

Taylor took a deep breath and watched Braelynn leave.

A few minutes later, Braelynn walks back into the room with Quinn and a bottle just in case she doesn't nurse.

Taylor smiled slightly. She lifted her arms to take Quinn from Braelynn. "You were texting Nova." She said quietly. "Your phone lit up." Taking a deep breath, Taylor looked down at her daughter. "Hey, princess." She smiled softly. "You're hungry, aren't you?"

Quinn stopped crying briefly, looking up at her mother before crying softly again.

Sighing, Braelynn sits down beside Taylor. "She asked if we were meeting today and I told her no and that it was over."

Taylor didn't respond to Braelynn's comment. "How do I do this?" She asked, changing the subject and not looking up from Quinn.

Moving closer, Braelynn gently pulls Taylor's shirt up to reveal her breast before shifting Quinn until the little girl latched on.

Taylor stared down at Quinn. She swallowed and bit her lower lip.

Quinn had her hand on Taylor's chest, staring up at her while nursing.

Taylor brushed her fingers through Quinn's blonde hair.

"Tay, I promise I broke it off, you can read the messages." Braelynn says softly.

"It's fine... I... I just... I don't understand why you did it?" Taylor said calmly.

Swallowing thickly, Braelynn looks down. "I don't either, and I hate myself so much for doing it."

Taylor sighed heavily, her eyes never leaving Quinn. "That's not good enough." She muttered.

"I'm so sorry baby." Braelynn says softly.

Taylor didn't respond. She didn't know how much more she could take. "Kendall wants to meet up for lunch today." She muttered.

Swallowing thickly, the older girl tries not to get jealous. "Okay."

"She's just a friend. Unlike you and Nova." Taylor muttered to herself.

Flinching, Braelynn looks down. "I'm sorry."

Taylor swallowed. "I didn't mean that." She said quietly. "I just... I don't know how to deal with my feelings toward you and Nova. ."

"You did mean it and it's okay." Braelynn says softly.

Taylor felt her head sink in her chest. "I don't know if it is." She mumbled.

The older girl just shrugs, looking down.

"Quinn's finished." Taylor mumbled, pulling her daughter away from her chest.

There was a knock on the door.

"I'll get that." Braelynn says softly. She got up off of the couch and moved over to the front door. Opening it, her eyes widened and she pushed Nova away from the door and out onto the drive. "What are you doing here?"

"You never answered my text." Nova replied innocently. "I got worried."

The door opened behind Braelynn and Taylor appeared. The blonde let a growl out of her mouth and she stepped past Braelynn, lifting her arm and punching Nova in the face.

Nova stumbled backwards. "Ouch." She placed a hand over her nose.

Taylor hunched over, gripping her right hand with her left. "Ugh." She groaned in pain.

Braelynn frowns and quickly moves over to Taylor checking her hand before looking toward Nova. "I'm fine, but you should leave." she said, pain in her eyes. She was so torn between the two girls.

Nova made her feel things she hasn't felt in a while but Taylor was her girlfriend and she loved her.

Taylor straightened her back and swallowed. She stared at Braelynn. "You don't want her to go... do you? She gives you things that I can't because I'm ill... doesn't she?"

Braelynn doesn't respond, not looking at either girl.

"Doesn't she?" Taylor frowned, her heart sank in her chest with every passing second.

Swallowing thickly, Braelynn slowly looks up. "S-she makes me feel wanted."

Taylor's eyes filled with tears and she sniffed. Her heart broke in her chest, taking her mind off the pain in her hand. "What did I do that made you leave?"asked.

"Y-you pushed me away, made me feel like nothing." the older girl whispers, looking back down. "It was like you only wanted me occasionally."

Taylor swallowed. "Dealing with cancer is hard, Okay? I can't do it. I'm sorry if I pushed you away but I'm going to die and I'd rather you weren't close to me when I did it."

"You didn't have to push me away." Braelynn sobs out.

"I don't want you to be hurt when I die." Taylor looked down at her feet, letting her tears fall.

Shaking her head, Braelynn takes a deep breath. "It'll hurt no matter what!" she sobs out.

Taylor shook her head. "Maybe you'd be better off with Nova." She muttered.

"This, this right here is why I cheated on you." Braelynn snaps out. "You don't believe in us!"

Taylor flinched and stepped back. She kept her eyes on her feet. She didn't know what to say.

"Did you ever believe in me?" Braelynn asks softly, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Taylor looked up. "Of course I do. I've believed in us since the beginning. I believe in you." She responded. "I just..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Just not enough." the older girl whispers, she had forgotten Nova was there.

"What? No... that wasn't what I was going to say." Taylor looked up. "I don't know what I was going to say."

Nodding her head, Braelynn makes her way into the house, wiping her eyes.

Taylor slumped against the wall behind her and squeezed her eyes shut.

"You need to talk to her." Nova says softly.

Taylor opened her eyes and glared at Nova. "This is none of your fucking business."

Rolling her eyes, Nova walks passed Taylor and into the house.

Taylor sighed heavily. She ran her fingers through her hair. Deciding that hanging around wasn't going to help either of them, she went inside and grabbed her keys quietly. She ran back out to her car and got in, driving off. She didn't know how much more she could take before she broke completely.

****

When Taylor came back home, she was shocked to find Nova still there, the brunette was holding back Braelynn's hair as she threw up.

Taylor frowned as she stood in the doorway, watching them. "What's going on?"

"She's wasted." Nova responds, not looking at Taylor.

"Wasted? Where's Quinn?" Taylor asked.

The older girl shifts behind Braelynn, rubbing her back. "She's asleep."

Taylor left to go check on her daughter without another word.

Quinn was sound asleep in her crib, shifting occasionally.

Taylor looked down at her daughter and released a sigh. "I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of this."

The little girl continued shifting in her sleep before releasing a whine as she began waking up.

Taylor lifted the little girl into her arms. "Hey, princess."

Quinn's bottom lip pouts out, before she kicks her feet and releases a soft cry.

"Shh." Taylor rocked the little girl. "I didn't mean to wake you up. I'm sorry."

Crying softly, the baby turns her head toward Taylor's chest.

"Oh. You're just hungry." Taylor nodded and sat down on the chair in the room.

Quinn continues to softly cry, kicking her feet.

Taylor lay Quinn on her knees and quickly pulled her shirt over her head. She lifted Quinn up and helped the little girl to her nipple.

Immediately the tiny baby latched on, beginning to roughly suck.

Taylor winced and squeezed her eyes shut.

After a few seconds the baby shifts and begins sucking lightly.

Taylor relaxed and closed her eyes, leaning back on the chair.

Quinn begins lightly tapping Taylor's chest as she nurses.

Taylor brushed her fingers through Quinn's soft blonde hair.

After a few minutes, Quinn stops nursing and just stared up at Taylor.

Taylor smiled softly at Quinn. "Hi."

Cooing softly, the baby kicks her feet.

Taylor giggled.

Nova walks through the door with Braelynn, practically dragging her toward the bed.

Taylor looked up from Quinn and frowned.

Laying Braelynn on the bed, Nova runs a hand through her hair and sighs before covering her up.

Taylor watched Nova closely.

"I have to go now." Nova says softly, leaning down to kiss Braelynn's cheek.

Braelynn turns her head at the last second and kisses Nova passionately, in her drunken haze she thought she was kissing Taylor.

Taylor frowned. "Excuse me? I'm right here. You need to rub it in my face."

Nova pulls away and runs a hand through her hair. "She's drunk Taylor."

"I know she's drunk but she didn't have to kiss you." Taylor muttered.

Shrugging, Nova leaves the room before leaving the house.

Taylor leaned back in the chair and sighed. She looked down at Quinn who was still sleeping soundlessly in her arms.

****

Braelynn groaned softly as she woke up, she had the worst migraine ever.

Taylor was curled up in the same chair she had been sitting in the night before except she was asleep and Quinn was in her bassinet.

"Tay?" Braelynn calls out weakly.

Taylor didn't respond, sound asleep. She was exhausted after what had gone on yesterday.

"Taylor!" Braelynn calls out slightly loudly.

Taylor jumped awake, falling off the chair and landed on the floor with a loud thud. "Ugh." She groaned.

Braelynn shifts on the bed and groans.

Taylor looked at her hand, the one she had punched Nova with, and winced. She didn't think her hand would be this sore.

"Taylor," Braelynn calls out softly.

Sighing heavily, Taylor ran her fingers through her hair with her hand that wasn't sore and stood up. "What?" She asked grumpily.

"I feel sick." Braelynn mumbles weakly.

"That's because you're hungover." Taylor said bluntly.

Slowly sitting up, Braelynn frowns. "Are you mad at me?"

"You kissed Nova in front of me... in front of Quinn." Taylor said.

"I did?" the older girl asks softly.

"Yes." Taylor nodded.

Frowning, Braelynn runs a hand through her hair. "I don't remember."

"Obviously... you were drunk." Taylor said.

"Come here?" Braelynn asks softly.

Taylor hesitated. "You were mad at me... that's why you drank."

"Come here." the older girl repeats.

Taylor hesitated again but eventually she made her way over to the bed and sat down on the edge of it.

"I love you." Braelynn says softly.

Taylor swallowed. She wrapped her hand around her sore, swollen wrist and looked up at Braelynn. "I love you too." She whispered.

"You should ask my mom to look at that." the older girl says softly.

"What's the point." Taylor mumbled. "It'll be fine."

"No it won't." Braelynn responds, pulling Taylor onto her lap.

Taylor shifted, tightening her grip on her wrist.

Cupping Taylor's cheek, Braelynn gently kisses her.

Taylor's eyes fluttered closed instinctively.

Slowly, the older girl deepens the kiss but doesn't try to take it any further.

After a long moment, Taylor pulled away, hissing at the pain in her hand that began to travel up her arm a little.

"You need to go talk to my mom." Braelynn says calmly.

Taylor nodded slowly, she let a yawn out of her mouth.

****

Quinn was crying softly in her crib, the little girl kicking her feet.

Braelynn walked into the room and lifted Quinn up. "Hey, princess. Shh." She rocked the little girl. "Hey, come on, settle down."

A louder cry escapes Quinn and she turns her head toward Braelynn's chest.

"You're hungry, eh, princess? Let's go see if mommy is up to the job." Braelynn carried Quinn out of the room and into the living room where Lucy was looking at Taylor's hand.

Quinn was still crying as she kicked her feet, her cries growing louder.

"Tay, someone woke up just as grumpy as her mother." Braelynn teased.

Taylor rolled her eyes. "I'm not grumpy." She muttered.

The baby began to cry even louder.

"She's hungry." Braelynn sat down beside Taylor on the couch.

"Want me to give you some privacy so you can feed her?" Lucy asked.

Taylor nods her head as she tries to take Quinn gently.

Quinn's cries grew louder.

"Try not to move your arm around." Lucy instructed as she got up and left the room. 

The baby began to squirm as she continued to cry.

"Can you unbutton my night shirt please?" Taylor looked at Braelynn.

Nodding her head, Braelynn slowly unbuttons Taylor's shirt before helping the baby latch on.

Taylor winced. "She's always really rough." She mumbled.

"Maybe you have to hold her a certain way." the older girl says softly.

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked confused.

Braelynn shifts Quinn slightly until the baby stops sucking roughly.

"That's better." Taylor breathed. "Thank you."

Braelynn just kisses Taylor gently. "Of course."

Taylor blushed. She pecked Braelynn's cheek.

Quinn shifts in Taylor's arms as she continues nursing.

Taylor looked down at her daughter and smiled softly.

A soft whine escapes the little girl.

Taylor felt so blessed to be around Quinn for as long as she had been. She savoured every grunt and whine that came from her small daughter but she didn't know how long it would last.

Shifting in her arms, the baby releases a soft cry.

Taylor looked up at Braelynn. "She's crying?"

"She might need burped." Braelynn says softly.

"Can you?... I can't." Taylor asked sheepishly, nodding towards her arm.

Gently taking Quinn into her arms, Braelynn begins to burp the baby.

Taylor watched Braelynn.

After a few minutes the baby burps before beginning to cry softly.

"She's crying again?" Taylor looked up at Braelynn.

Frowning, Braelynn shifts the little girl before moving her close to Taylor's chest again.

Quinn immediately turns her head toward Taylor's chest and latches onto her nipple, sucking gently.

"Oh, right. That makes sense." Taylor said. "Sorry." She looked down. "I'll try harder."

Braelynn smiles softly and leans into kiss Taylor gently. "Don't apologize baby."

"I really am trying. I just... It's hard to understand what she wants." Taylor mumbled.

"I know, she's little and can't really tell us." Braelynn responds softly.

"I know. It's just hard." Taylor responded.

Nodding her head, Braelynn kisses the side of Taylor's head. "I love you."

"I love you too." Taylor whispered.

Quinn slowly stopped nursing, falling asleep, she released Taylor's nipple. 

"I'll take her back to her crib." Braelynn says softly.

Taylor nodded. "Okay."

Getting up, Braelynn gently takes Quinn and leaves the room.

Taylor looked down at her arm. "Ouch." She breathed. Her arm was cramping and it was painful.

Lucy walks back into the room and begins looking over her arm again.

"It's cramping." Taylor hissed as Lucy placed her hand down gently on her arm.

"Tay, I think it might be broken." Lucy says softly.

Taylor nodded slowly. "It really hurts."

"We should take you to the hospital." the older girl says softly.

"Hospital?" Taylor paled. "No."

"Taylor, they have to check your wrist." Lucy says softly.

"I don't like hospitals... we've had this conversation before." Taylor mumbled, looking down.

Sighing, Lucy runs a hand through her hair. "You don't have much of a choice Tay."

Taylor sighed. "Fine... whatever."

****

Nova bites her lip as she looks at the person standing outside her door. "I thought this was over." she says softly.

"I just wanted to apologise for Taylor punching you. She's not normally that physical when she's upset. She's not normally angry either." Braelynn said.

Nodding her head, Nova bites her lip and looks down. "Is it bad that I wish you felt the same way as me?"

"Well, I don't." Braelynn said. "Taylor is the one for me." She shrugged.

"I know Brae, I was just saying." Nova says softly.

"I should go. I have to go to the store." Braelynn said, she turned to leave.

Sighing, Nova reaches out and grabs Braelynn's hand. "Can I have a final kiss at least?"

Braelynn didn't move. "I have to get back to Taylor."

"It's just a final kiss." Nova says softly.

"Taylor needs me." Braelynn said.

Swallowing thickly, Nova looks down and releases Braelynn's arm. "Okay,"

"I'm sorry for Taylor's actions." Braelynn said, stepping away from the door.

Nova keeps her head down. "She didn't even take care of you when you got wasted."

"That was my mistake, Quinn is more important than me." Braelynn said.

"Okay." Nova mumbles softly.

"Bye." Braelynn pulled her hand from Nova's and walked away.

****

Swallowing thickly, Braelynn climbs onto the bed beside Taylor and kisses the side of her head.

"Hmm." Taylor yawned as she curled into Braelynn, resting her head on Braelynn's chest.

Holding her close, Braelynn closes her eyes tiredly.

Taylor lifted her head, opening her eyes. She pressed a kiss to Braelynn throat.

"I love you, you know that right?" Braelynn asks softly, opening her eyes and looking at Taylor.

Taylor nodded. "And I love you too." She pressed another kiss to Braelynn's neck.

Shifting, Braelynn connects their lips together in a slow and passionate kiss.

Taylor smiled softly against Braelynn's lips.

The older girl slowly deepens the kiss, tilting her head to the side slightly.

Taylor hummed into Braelynn's mouth.

Shifting them, Braelynn slides a hand down to Taylor's chest.

Taylor lifted her hand that wasn't broken and pressed it gently to Braelynn area.

Moaning, Braelynn grabs Taylor's hand and pulls it away. "Just kissing," she breathes out against Taylor's lips.

Taylor kissed Braelynn back, sitting up slightly.

Their kiss grew more and more passionate as Braelynn pulled Taylor closer.

Taylor tilted her head to the side, tangling her fingers through Braelynn's hair.

After a few minutes, Braelynn pulls away to catch her breath.

Taylor rested her forehead against Braelynn's, breathing heavily.

"Can we talk?" Braelynn asks softly after catching her breath.

"About?" Taylor opened her eyes and looked into Braelynn's. She was still breathing heavily.

Sitting up slightly, Braelynn takes a deep breath. "If you die, what do you want me to do?"

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked, furrowing her brows and tilting her head to the side.

"How do you want me to take care of things?" Braelynn asks, she didn't want to think of Taylor ever dying but they knew it was a possibility.

"I don't understand..." Taylor said, sitting up.

Closing her eyes, Braelynn tries to think of a better way to ask the question. "How do you want your funeral, how do you want me to raise Quinn?"

"I don't know how I want my funeral." Taylor said. "As for Quinn... raise her right and she'll be fine."

Looking into Taylor's eyes, Braelynn tries not to cry. "I don't want you to die."

"I don't want to die either... but the chemo isn't working... you and I both know that." Taylor mumbled, looking down at her hands.

"But there are other things we can try." Braelynn says softly.

"I guess.." Taylor said. "I haven't been back to the doctor yet."

Nodding her head, Braelynn kisses her gently. "Maybe we should go."

"When?" Taylor swallowed nervously.

"Tomorrow?" Braelynn asks softly.

"But don't we have to make an appointment?" Taylor asked.

Shaking her head, Braelynn kisses Taylor gently. "We're going to see Ally babe."

"Oh." Taylor nodded slowly.

A soft cry from the nursery catches their attention.

"Quinn's awake." Taylor said, turning her head.

Sighing, Braelynn gets up and runs a hand through her hair. "I guess I'll get her."

"I can get her." Taylor said, moving to stand up.

"I've got her Tay." Braelynn responds quietly.

"No, I can do it." Taylor protested, she got up off the bed.

Sighing, Braelynn sits back down on the bed.

Quinn was lying in her crib, crying softly.

"Q... Shh." Taylor lifted the little girl into her arms. "Hey, Shh. You're okay... mommy's here."

Slowly, Quinn relaxes and curls into Taylor.

"You're a good girl." Taylor gently pressed her lips to Quinn's forehead.

The baby looked up at Taylor tiredly, kicking her feet slightly.

Taylor smiled softly. "You're safe."

Cooing up at her, Quinn slowly starts to fall back asleep.

Taylor kissed her daughter's forehead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.7K 35
Lauren Jauregui: Meanest girl in school, known as being rude, daily smoker. Hidden is abused by her dad and is Itersex. Camila Cabello: Sweet girl...
134K 2.4K 6
Camila gets pregnant with Lauren's child. Nothing more nothing less, read on my people ๐Ÿ˜Š Lauren g!p
50.5K 1.8K 22
"a year ago, you did not know today. you did not know how you'd make it here. but you made it here. by grace, you made it here." โœน
19.4K 1.1K 24
After the untimely death of a former girlfriend, Camila Cabello receives a letter from Lucy's lawyer, pleading for Camila to help Lucy's partner, Lau...