The Sister Song

By Thedreamer64

One night, one incident and one broken family. What happens when fate plays its cruel game and once a happy... More

*Author's note*
Welcome, my little angel
I will always love you
You should just hug
*Author's Note + Surprise*
I am here for you
Knight in shining armour
*Author's Note*
Just survive the day
I'll always protect us
GO TO HELL!

We will adopt him

13 0 0
By Thedreamer64

It is true that a dog is a man or woman's best friend.

******

As I stared at the empty white wall of my room, I heard barks which was soon followed by a tiny white form running towards me and jumping on my lap.

Cloud, my pet shih tzu started licking my face like a little kid who had a lollipop for the first time. His joy and happiness was so infectious that soon Damon and I started laughing.

Once he stopped licking my face and had finally settled down on my lap, I started scratching him behind his ears.

"Cloud is the best. Look at him, he is so happy and positive," Damon said while smiling down at the dog. I just smiled at him. Why couldn't we be more like him? loyal and happy? maybe it is not meant for our species. 

To others he may seem like a small pup with his tiny form and extremely furry body, but we knew better. This one had already lived half of his life. He had suffered abuse and cruelty, but came out whole and happier. We had suffered, but we came out broken and bitter. 

I still remembered the day, nine years ago, when I met this bundle of joy.

Nine years ago

"Dad we want a puppy," Beth and I kept on chanting as we followed him everywhere. We didn't let him live in peace. Even when he went to the washroom, we stood in front of the door, chanting our mantra. We got scolded so many times, but that did very little to swerve us from our path.

"FINE!" he shouted and our lips lifted up in a triumphant smile. It did not matter if he called us 'brats,' being brats gave us what we wanted.

"Come now, I am waiting in the car."

We happily sprinted towards the car still in our pajamas. We were finally getting a puppy. We got inside the car, and he drove away.

After what felt like hours, we finally arrived at a place with a huge board saying:

"MIRANDA DOG SHELTER: The pawrfect place to adopt your next pet"

We got out of our car and started walking towards a man in his late 50's, he was waiting for us near the entrance. He wasn't short but neither was he tall, he reached till dad's forehead. He had a warm and welcoming smile. His brown oriental eyes held a spark which made him look much younger than he actually was.

"Hello sir, as we have talked I will show you around the shelter and introduce you to all our rescue dogs. You can then adopt any one," the man said in a cheerful voice. My dad just nodded.

As we followed him around and met every dog, my inclination to adopt them all grew. But I knew dad would have a heart attack if I even as much as suggest it. 

I came out of my reverie when I noticed Beth, who had stopped in front of a kennel. I walked towards her to call her back, but as I reached the spot I noticed the object or more like the puppy behind Beth's distraction. 

It was so tiny and so adorable looking. He was licking Beth's hands with a fervor.  Its white fur cocooned it and made it look like a cloud. Among all the white, its round shaped black years stood out. The poor thing had some injuries.

"Ah I see our new pup has drawn your attention," I jumped back as soon as I heard the man's voice. Beth and I looked up at him.

"This young shih tzu is the new addition to this shelter, his name is Cloud. We found him on the streets, bruised and battered, just two months old. I think his previous owner used to abuse and torture him. But this boy is resilient, he has a will to live, a hope for life. We can't keep up with him." As our guide told the story of this pup my heart filled with love and admiration for this tiny being. My heart bled for him. How could someone be so cruel? How could anyone hurt such an adorable and lively pup? it was beyond my understanding. We were going to adopt this one.

"We want him!" both Beth and I said in unision.

The man's lips lifted up in a huge grin. "Excellent!" he exclaimed.

"You won't regret taking him. He is vaccinated, well behaved and well trained," he added, maybe he was afraid that being fickle minded children we might change our minds. He had nothing to be afraid of.

After taking all of Cloud's belongings.

"Race you both to the car!" I announced and sprinted off. Beth was not far behind, followed by cloud whose ears were flying in the air. The three of us had huge smiles plastered on our face and laughter reverberated in the wind.

PRESENT

Cloud had instantly become family. Mom and dad doted on him while Beth and I loved him as a brother we never had. Uncle Aaron and aunt Rosa treated him as their own child. I had always wondered how after going through so much, he was still so full of life. Maybe because he was aware that his time was short and soon he was going to be free or maybe, just maybe he was determined enough to love life no matter what. No matter what it was we humans should learn something from him. 

I looked down at Cloud. I knew even he remembered that night. His loud barking and worried looks that he gave me that night were imprinted in my mind. Like him even I remembered everything.

I remembered the lewd comments and the smell of sweat. I remember my dad's worried voice on the phone. I remembered the dress I wore- it was black tank top hidden behind a red jacket, paired with black leggings. The black was perfect for morning, cause that day our happiness had died.

I could never forget the people in that party, who were too stoked to give a response. I could never in my entire life forget the look in that boy's eyes. It had no guilt or regret. He was so sure that he would get away. 

What I couldn't remember was the laughs of fate when he saw our state, I am sure he laughed raucously.

Thirteen year old Evellyn

******

Hello readers,

What did you think of this chapter, we have come halfway and another halfway to go! What do you think about Cloud? isn't he just adorable?

So before I bid adieu, as usual I have a reminder. Dogs or any pet are very precious. They are a life form, no matter how short or long their life span is. No one deserves to be treated cruelly or abused. We humans have law to protect us, they have no one. So please be kind, it won't harm anyone. Also if you plan to have a pet please take various factors into consideration (many times a lot of dogs die while flying, because they are scared). So all I have to say is be considerate and do your best to prevent animal abuse.

That being said. Thank you for reading. I am aware this chapter was shorter than usual.

Please do VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE. Add this book to your library or reading list to get updates. 

Spread Love,

Thedreamer64

P.S. This is the summary of my upcoming book 'The Pierced Heart':

Two people, two bullets, one intention.

42 assassination attempts: all dead.

Luca 'The Trigger' Cavellero was the boss of the deadliest mafia in America, the Chicago Outfit. He was ruthless, handsome, cruel and did I mention handsome? With a sharp-witted brain to match his equally sharp skills with a gun, it was no wonder he was the most feared mafia boss. It was no wonder he became a made man when he was 12 and it was definitely no wonder that all those assassins ended up dead.

40 targets: all dead.

Katherine 'Reaper' Morgan was the best assassin in the Chicago based turkish mafia. A lethal assassin with a beautiful face, Katherine was the literal personification of the phrase 'looks do kill'. When given the assignment to kill Luca, she was determined to have a different fate. She was definitely not going to be the 43rd name on the 'killed by Luca' list.

Numerous enemies: still alive.

These two have other enemies to worry about than each other. They might even have to work together so that they can live to see another day. Cause it is not the known enemies who are dangerous, it is the unknown ones.

In a world ridden with bullets and painted with blood. Where blood turns against blood and a weapon is more loyal than a human being. Among all the lust filled glances, the obedient nods, the fond smiles and jealous scowls, there are people waiting to stab you in the back.

Whose bullet would reach its mark? Who would live to see another dawn? What will be the outcome of this game of blood, betrayal, love, lust and revenge?

Brace yourself, shit is just about to hit the fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115 14 5
How would you feel if your comfortable life went up in smoke in under 2 years. Anxious nervous, scared, and overwhelmed are just probably the first f...
1.2K 41 25
Sometimes you take advantage that you have your friends with you around all the time. And when it's time to split apart you're never really ready. Th...
685 126 24
<COMPLETED> Fasten your seatbelts, towards the journey of mixed emotions... They say life is hard. Yes, it is. But can you imagine how hard it...
108 0 24
Amy has lived a beautiful life. Jones not so much. When tragedy hits these two best friends must find out how they really feel about each other and d...