Together Forever (on hiatus)

By amsterdamstars

Suddenly, something rustled behind me. I whirled around frantically, trying to find the culprit whose hiding... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note

Chapter 12

709 27 2
By amsterdamstars

A/N:

Please remember this story is of fiction; so any of the characters, story plot, places are all fake.

And please don't copy my story, I have worked so hard on it.

Thanks

Chapter 12:

This morning I arrived late at homeroom, with no Zach in sight. Mr Ryan let me off with an after school detention with him. I didn't know he was allowed to do that with a student , that he was allowed to keep a student alone with him since he was really young but oh well.

Right now, I was staring out my window as Mr Ryan wrote on his papers. I was still thinking about dad's unfinished history lesson with me this morning, impatiently thinking of how the story would finish.

I could hear Mr Ryan's head snapping up to look at me a few times and I tried to act as though I could feel his gaze, but it was really unnerving and causing discomfort in me.

"London, everything okay?" he was trying to make conversion, probably finding the silence uncomfortable.

I cleared my throat, "yeah, thanks."

"You know, you were always here alone in the mornings and I catch you by yourself out in the corridors," I had no idea where he was leading this, "do you have any friends?"

"Zach," I mumbled, why was he asking me?

His face formed in a scowl, but then quickly shot me a smile to hide it, "you guys just met, how can you be friends so fast? Please don't take offense, but you don't seem like a social person, London."

That was a pretty good observation from Mr Ryan, who probably had 300 other students to look after. It was true, I didn't like to socialize but I was honestly fine being by myself. I liked being independent, not having people to have any kind of hold over me. It's nice to know that you can count on yourself.

I blushed as I tried to come up with words to reply, "well, Zach and I have been hanging out so we've been closer."

"Hmm," he thought carefully about what he was going to say, "if, you know, you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here to help."

I blinked in surprise, "why?"

"You're my student," he nonchalantly replied, "plus, you're one of the only decent ones in here."

I giggled at his words, not expecting him to say something like that about his students.

"Thanks, Mr Ryan. I appreciate it."

"Just make sure you're not late next time," he tried to keep our conversion light.

•••••

Mr Ryan actually told me that he had decided to keep me in to talk to me, while I found that kinda creepy it was also kinda cute for some unknown reason. I'm glad I had such a cool, and also mention hot, homeroom teacher who actually cared for their students.

After detention had ended, I strolled to Trevor's Cafe because I didn't want to be stuck in my house by myself. I hesitantly opened the door, wondering if Anne would still welcome me after I had left with Raiden the other day.

The bell sounded and Trevor's head popped up to look at me as I walked in. He happily smiled at me and a bit of relief flooded through me; at least Trevor was happy to see me.

Trevor was a tall lean man, with dirty blond hair formed in an afro and a nice mustache. He was wearing a black shirt with jeans and a floury apron draped on top.

I walked up to the counter and greeted politely, "hey Trevor, how's business?"

"Alright," he sighed and I could tell something was wrong, "thanks London."

I frowned, "what happened?"

"Our last employee quit yesterday, so it's just Anne and I working now. They thought the pay was too cheap but I had told them since there wasn't much customers, we couldn't pay them the correct amount. So they quit on me."

An idea popped in my head and I excitedly placed my hands on the counter, "I could work for you guys," he opened his mouth to interject but I held a finger up, "I don't care about the pay, honestly it would be nice to get out of the house and do something productive. If Anne wouldn't mind, I would love to work for you guys."

"Why would Anne mind? She loves you," so Anne hadn't told him, "wait, I'll get her for you."

He disappeared into the back before I could protest. I tapped my foot nervously as I stressed about how Anne would react. As Anne walked out, she had her back turned to me, "...ndon's here?"

She gasped when she saw me and I gave her a weak smile, wondering why she was acting like that. She quickly ran around the counter and grasped me in a tight hug.

"Oh, I was so worried I was never going to see you again after you left with... him," she spat out the last word, "I was watching the news everyday, praying that you wouldn't turn up on there."

She was majorly overreacting, "um... Raiden's not a bad guy..." I hadn't finished my sentence before she interrupted.

"Not a bad guy!" she laughed humorlessly, "not a bad guy, my ass!"

After she made a cup of warm Earl Grey, we sat at a table since the cafe was pretty much deserted. We started off at a light topic; me getting a job at the cafe.

"Are you sure? You're probably not going to get a lot of money," she asked.

"You guys give me too many drinks on the house, anyways," I tried to act it wasn't a big deal, because it wasn't.

"Okay then," she was still unsure but agreed as she was in desperately need of help, "you can start tomorrow."

"Great!" I took a sip, while butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I nonchalantly said, "so... how do you know Raiden?" Great starting question.

She smile quickly got replaced with a frown and her eyes lit up in flames, "his family and him aren't welcome in our town."

This caused me to become more confuse than I was before. I tried to match the pieces together; so Raiden was a werewolf, that probably meant his family were werewolves as well, I think. Were his family the ones in the story that dad hadn't finished telling me? There was a slight possibility, but that was a long time ago and Anne said his family and him as in now, not back then. How could they possibly know that Raiden and his family could be related to the ones that lived here a long time ago. My head pounded and I rubbed my temples, I was getting nowhere.

"Why? I've never seen them on the news before," I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to act innocent.

"They're just not welcome, they're ancestors did something horrible a long time ago, the family had ki..." she suddenly gasped and covered her mouth, "I've said too much, I've said too much," she mumbled and scrambled away from the table.

"Wait I don't know what you're talking about..." but she wouldn't listen.

"You should go home, London. It's getting late." I looked outside and it was true, "and remember to stay away from that Raiden guy, okay?" That wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

I sighed and left, knowing I wasn't going to get any information out of her anymore. I trudged home and reflected on what Anne had said. Was she about to say killed? Raiden's ancestors killed someone? Well, that's pretty harsh that the town somehow still remembered that and haven't forgiven the werewolves considering the fact that it was a long time ago. Maybe something else had happened as well.

I quickly stopped stressing about it, remembering what my health teacher had told me about stress and the heart when I was thirteen years old. When I turned around the corner, I spotted the light was open inside my house. Hopefully that was dad, so he could finish the story.

I unlocked the door and stepped out of my shoes, "dad?"

Dad came out of the kitchen in a flowery apron and oven mittens, "hey poppet, the casserole's just came out of the oven."

Oh my... dad's casserole was the most delicious thing ever on this planet. I had missed it so much. Since he was barely home, I would normally eat takeout or if I actually bothered to cook, I would cook some lasagne or something. We would only get to eat casserole during special occasions, like birthdays or Christmas.

"It's smells so good," I followed him into the kitchen and took a plate. We sat down on the table and conversed about our day.

"How did the interview go?" he nodded and quickly chewed before swallowing, "great, hopefully this company will finally accept me."

I probably should tell him, "oh yeah, dad, I got a job today at Trevor's Cafe."

Instead of congratulating me like I thought he would, he frowned while he devoured into his casserole, "you don't have to get a job just because I got fired from mine, we have enough money to look after you."

"It's not that, it's just I don't want to spend so much time in the house, I want to go out and do something. Plus, I think it's time for me to get a job anyways."

He sighed and I looked to see that he was really tired. He had dark bags under his eyes and I realized that he had aged, a lot. His wrinkles were more prominent now and a few grey hairs had started to show in his hair.

"I'm sorry you had to mature so fast, London. Honestly, your mother and I wouldn't ask for a more amazing daughter."

I waved the compliment away and tried to change the subject, not wanting to go all emotional on dad, "tell me the rest of the story."

He laughed, "eager, are we?" I nodded and hurried him up.

"We were up to the part about the Alphas," I had remembered carefully.

"Oh yeah, so as I said Alphas are very domineering, they don't like people disrespecting them and not following their instructions." The way he said it made me hate Alphas.

Dad must've seen the expression on my face, "don't hate on them, though, Do you know about Alphas?" I shook my head.

"Alphas are the leaders of the werewolf pack. The werewolves all have to listen to their alpha, or else there will be consequences since the alpha won't like being disrespected. They are more powerful and bigger compared to normal werwolves. They have the most say in the pack, commanding and giving out orders,

It sounds like all bliss, but honestly being an Alpha is very stressful and difficult. They have to make sure their decisions are correct because it could heavily affect the pack. Some Alphas are greedy and only care about power, while some just want their packs to live a happy life on their territory." Whoa, this is a lot of new information. My mind was hurriedly processing the whole thing.

"Since this job is pretty hard, male alphas need a female alpha to rule by them, making sure that everything is in control and to have someone help them in hard situations."

It shone some light on them now, and I felt bad for judging them so quickly. This was honestly very interesting, but then a thought struck me, "how do you know so much, dad?"

"How about I tell you afterwards? I'm kinda on a roll right now," he laughed but you could hear the nervousness in his voice, which indicated that he wanted to avoid the question. This just made my curiosity spike up, but nevertheless let him continue about werewolves.

"Listen carefully, cause it gets kinda confusing now. Everyone has a soul mate, whether they find them in their life or not. Werewolves have heightened senses, which means they can detect who their soul mate is. If the soul mate is a human, then the human's feeling will intensify more than if it was human and werewolf instead of human and human. Understand?"

I slowly nodded, "so humans

can't really tell who they're soul mate is unless it is a werewolf?"

Dad shook his head, "the human and human will have stronger feelings for that person and it would be really easy for both of them to fall in love with each other."

"While on the werewolf and human side of things, the werewolf will love the human unconditionally and the human would have a strong love for that person too, not as heavily as the werewolf's love for them though. But it will depend on if the human isn't creeped out by the fact that that person is a werewolf," he tried to make a joke.

"Oh."

"I'm not confusing you, am I?"

I shook my head. I understood now.

"Okay, so back to the werwolves. Since everything is intensified for them, then obviously their feelings will too, right? Well, imagine how an Alpha would be. Alphas are born, so they're designed to be stronger and powerful to protect the pack. An alpha's feelings will be doubled, or even tripled, an average werewolf's, so it will be hard for them to control themselves."

Well, alphas had it tough. I briefly wondered if Raiden was an alpha but didn't think more of it, not wanting to judge him.

"I think that's enough information for tonight, I don't want your brain to explode," I wanted to tell him that my brain still had enough space, but he wasn't listening. Dad took my plate and walked over to the sink.

"Wait dad, I have a really important question."

"Shoot," he answered.

"Promise you'll answer it truthfully?"

He looked hesitant but then nodded at me slowly.

"A-are werewolves real?" I wondered if he would lie to me or if Raiden had been playing a joke on me.

"I'll wash up, go rest."

I hesitantly stood that the exiting archway, "g'night dad." Before I left, I heard a soft clear answer,

"Yes."

*~*~*~*~*

A/N:

Too much information?

I hope not, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. :)

I haven't edited.

Thanks for reading,

-amsterdamstars

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2M 362K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
229K 5K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
3.6K 189 26
Running. Escaping. My whole life had turned into a never-ending chase. A chase which the opponent had caught up to THIS VERY MOMENT. After I met HI...
103K 5.7K 140
A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control with lifelong secrets coming to light, ke...