A Slice of Love

By Juls131415

Olive Halls needs a job. So why not work at the famous Pizza Star? Oh did I mention there's a hot guy that wo... More

A Slice of Love
Training
First Day
First Date
Just Another Day at Work
Opening up
Hanging Out
A Day With Matt
Maria Lily
Hitting The Clubs
The plan with a twist
A Little Secret
Girls Day, Guys at Night
Going Downhill
The Bet
Best friends and Walmart
School Starts
First Day Drama
Hanging Out...Alone.
A Surprise
Rumor Has It...Maria's back.
The Collapse
How To Say What Needs To Be Said
I Quit
Leaving You
Running to You
The End.

Her Wish

6.3K 149 2
By Juls131415

Matt's POV

I was scared. No. I was petrified. Who is this girl in front of me? Why is she so...broken? How did this happen? No. How did I let this happen? Olive lay strapped to her hospital bed. She wakes up for a few hours each day to eat and talk to specialists. At first the doctors tried to make me leave the room but I shook my head, telling them I'd never leave their side. It has been nearly two and a half months since we both were checked into this hospital. My dad hadn't shot me too bad. It mostly grazed my skin, but it still bled. They let me "leave" a month into it. Then three weeks later, Olive woke up and she ran away. I still remember what she told me in the woods vividly.

"You aren't Matt. This is just a dream, and it'll end the same way each time. I'll just lose you again." Her words faintly whispered over and over again in my head. Thinking that my dad caused my Olive to be traumatized is unbelievable. If he wasn't already locked up in jail with two charges of murder, and three attempts of murder, plus owning an illegal gun and using it. Well by the time he's let out, he'd already be dead. Good. I hope he rots in jail for this. Just the thought that he touched Olive at all made my blood boil. The specialist walked in, giving me a nod as he took a seat just as Olive's eyes fluttered open. He handed her something to eat and she frowned, looking at him then over at me.

"This is a weird dream." She muttered to herself, but we both heard it and the specialist, who I soon learned was called Dr.James, scribbled something on his notepad.

"So Olive, how are you doing today?" Dr.James asked and she looked up at him, squinting at him as though she we're trying to find something that was off in the distance.

"Why do you care?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I want to help you. If you want, we can go to the next question?" He asked and she ignored him, and began nibbling on her sandwich Dr.James had handed her. "So we're going to take a different approach today, okay?" He asked and she continued ignoring him, and he sighed. "Okay so Olive, is there anyone that you'd like to speak to?" He asked and she suddenly looked up. She looked as though she was thinking and we both watched her intently.

"I want to speak to Donovan Star." She said so simply that it caught us both off guard. She then picked up her sandwich and continued eating as though her words were normal in her situation.

"Absolutely not!" I said and both Dr.James's and Olive's neck swiveled to look at me.

"Why not?" Olive demanded, and for the first time she seemed normal.

"Because he hurt you. I don't want you anywhere near him." I said through gritted teeth.

"Well if you don't bring me to see him then I won't answer anymore questions, actually I'll stop talking all together." She said stubbornly and my eyebrows shot up. She wouldn't. She couldn't. Would she? Damn it. I grabbed Dr.James and pulled him out of the room.

"You can't do this." I say, urgently.

"Matt I wouldn't let her do it anyway. Especially not if you didn't want her to. With her Aunt in California now, and her friend at school...you're the only one here for her." He finished and I nodded my head.

"Thanks." I say and we head back in to continue the questions but Olive won't answer anything. When Dr.James leaves I turn to her, searching her face for something that would remind of her, but nothing's there. "Olive?" I ask and she shakes her head, looking straight ahead. "Olive, come on, please talk to me." I say and she shakes her head again. I felt frustration building up in me. "Olive god damn it!" I yelled, banging my fist on her side table. She looked at me in surprise, opening her mouth to say something but looked away, looking as though she reconsidered. "Olive why the hell are you doing this? Don't you love me?" I asked slowly and her eyes widened as they snapped to mine.

"How could you ask that Matty?" She whispered and I jumped up, looking at her in astonishment.

"But you don't act like it. You push me away. You don't accept any help that's offered to you and make crazy demands." I say and look at her, my eyes softening. "Oli I miss you." I said so sincerely, I noticed her blinking away tears.

"I'm right here Matt." She said, and I slowly walked over to her, putting one hand on her cheek, making her look at me. She didn't flinch but watched my every move. I put one of my hands on the back of her head and brought my lips to hers. I felt the tingles as soon as my lips touched hers and she responded instantly, wrapping her arms around my neck. I lightly pushed her down on her bed, putting my hands on either side of her head, propping myself up. I pulled away, stopping myself from just locking the door and having my way with her. Damn it. "You stopped." She stated and looked slightly upset. I chuckled lightly, rubbing a hand down my face.

"Yeah because if I continue, I may not be able to stop myself." I say and she bites her lips causing me to groan. "Don't do that." I say and she smirks at me.

"Why Matty?" She said, fluttering her eyelashes at me, and I had to take a few deep breaths and hold on to her bed frame, to stop myself.

"Olive, I'm serious, if you keep that up, I won't be able to control myself. It's hard enough right now. You look damn sexy, and-OLIVE STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!" I yell and her sexy ass smirk twisted into a giant grin.

"I can't help it if I'm irresistible Matty." She said easily, shrugging and I sighed.

"I'm glad you're back Oli. Babe I don't know if I could of lived without you being yourself anymore." I say and she frowns for a moment.

"Matt I'm not leaving yet." She says and I stop.

"What do you mean you're not leaving yet?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I need to see your dad. I need to talk to him." She says it so calmly, I wonder how she can talk about something so serious so casually.

"I won't allow it. He could hurt you." I say through gritted teeth. But she shakes her head.

"Matt, I'm not leaving until I see him. If I don't, I'll just become that silent, pissed off Olive that I was. Make your choice." She said and I groaned in frustration.

"Olive you are such a piece of work." I say, as I think through what she wants. Could I let her do this? Just then I notice Olive's face darken and she shrugs, and stays silent. Damn it, it's only been 10 seconds and she's already broke me. I sigh, defeated. "Fine, I'll let you see me dad."

"Thanks Matt!" She says, grinning at me.

"But I'm coming, and staying in the room with you when you see him. He'll not land a finger on you." I say and she nods, swatting her hand at me, as she buzzed in her seat. "I don't know why you're so excited though..." I murmur but she ignores me. I call up Dr.James later that night to talk to him about it.

"No way in hell!" He yells at me from over the phone.

"Dr.James, she was so normal today though. She was acting like herself when you we're gone and she said she wouldn't be the same again until she could see him." I say and Dr.James is silent on the other end of the line.

"This is insane. You realize that?" He asks.

"I do. But I'll do it if I can get my girlfriend back to normal. I love her, you know?" I ask and he sighs on the other line. "I'll be there with her the whole time. You don't have to worry one bit." I say and Dr.James is silent on the other end for a moment.

"Fine. But if anything happens, she technically can't press charges because she came there at her own will, got it?" He asks and I nod, then realize he can't see it.

"Got it. Thanks Dr.James." I say and we say goodbye. I walk back into the room and watch as Olive's chest rises and falls evenly in her sleep. I sit by the chair next to her bed and take her hand in mine. I kiss the back of her hand slowly, looking at her, watching her squirm a little in her sleep. I smile slightly and hold her hand, leaning my head against the bed. "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, Olive." I say slowly and feel my eyes closing. "Love you Oli." I say finally before sleep claims me and I fall into the darkness, to dream of my sweet girlfriend.

Olive's POV

I hate myself. I really do. I slowly took my hand out of Matt's and stood up, walking to the door. I couldn't go with him to see his father, so there was only one thing I could do, and that was this. I grabbed regular clothes and changed. I glanced back at Matt before grabbing the door handle and walking out. I crept down the hall, noticing the lights were dimmed and it was silent. I walked to the elevator and went to the main level. The girl at the front desk was fast asleep, so I walked past her, and getting on the first bus out of there.

It took a while to get where I was going. But not many buses will be willing to take you to a high security prison. I walked up to the door and signed in. I waited for a while, glancing around a the small room. There was white tiles, speckled with dirt and the off-white almost yellow walls. The lady at the desk looked to be in her late 50's and she was behind a glass window. I sat in the stiff seats and waited to be called.

"Ms. Olive Halls?" The lady read off her clip board and my head shot up.

"Yeah that's me." I say walking over and she looked me up and down before nodding.

"Just through that door. You have 10 minutes to talk. Usually you'd get 15, but he's just lucky he get's to see anyone." She said and I nodded, walking through the tall black door. I opened it and walk into a large room with a desk, and two chairs on each side, with a a glass wall down the center. On the opposite side was a tiny room that two guards also stood. I sat down and the door to the room opened, revealing Donovan Star himself. His green eyes flashed with surprise as the guard led him over to the seat. The thick glass between us, kept him from touching me in any way, which I was now suddenly grateful for as he was giving me a murderous look. We both grabbed the telephone and we looked at each other for a few minutes, not saying a word to each other.

"Well are you going to stare at me for the next 7 minutes or so, or are you going to talk to me?" He asked and I searched his face for something. "Come on, yell at me. Just do it. It's not like I haven't seen it all." He said easily and I frowned.

"I'm not going to yell at you." I say, surprising both him and myself.

"What are you going to do princess?" He asked, looking genuinely curious.

"I was going to yell at you in the beginning." I admit, and Donovan only raises his eyes at me. "I can't  though." I say shaking my head. "No. You are broken. I can't yell at someone who is even more messed up then myself."

"What makes you think, I'm messed up?" He said, looking slightly ticked off now.

"Well you cheated on your wife with my mom because you were obviously into her. When she rejected you, and your wife found out after having Matt, you blamed her. Even though it wasn't her fault. Your whole life you put your blame on someone else. If that's not messed up, I don't know what is." I say and he looks more surprised now.

"What makes you think your mommy dearest is so innocent?" He asked and I shook my head at him.

"Because if she's anything like me, she wouldn't cheat on her own husband. She'd love them until the end of time. Like I would." I finish.

"I'm glad to know I have such a great girlfriend then." Matt's voice echos behind me, and I turn to see him standing there, his hands in his pockets, his hair messy and his clothes wrinkled. Still so hot though. He walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder, looking over at his dad. He took the phone from my hand and looked his dad straight in the eyes. "She is a lot like her mom, which I'm very thankful for." He said and then smiled at me before turning back to his dad, and continued.

Matt's POV

"I'm just a hell of a lot happy that I know I won't turn out like you." I finish, looking him straight in the eyes. I don't see any emotions pass in front of his eyes but anger but I don't care anymore. "Let's go Olive." I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her up from her seat and walking to the door. We walk out into the cool night air and Olive stops, and I turn to her with a questioning look.

"Matt?" she asks and looks at me, with a cute expression on her face.

"Yeah Oli?" I ask and she walks up to me, pressing her lips to mine, then steps back.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do for you either Matty." She said, and I realized she must've heard me earlier tonight when I whispered to her before falling asleep. "I love you too." She says and a grin spreads across my face.

"It's good to have you back babe." I say, pulling her into my arms, happiness flowing through me as I held the one girl I truly loved in my arms.

I put the Scientist by Coldplay on the side, so enjoy!

Comment and Vote, and tell me what you think!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 0 31
Alyssa Kane has built her hotel company from the ground up, navigating the male-dominated industry with grace and grit. She prides herself on her abi...
14.7M 567K 62
Is it fair to let a mistake define a person? .......... "Miss...?" he assessed my face with his calculative eyes, waiting for me to tell him my sur...
672K 22.2K 79
"Do you still have the same feelings for me?" He gently asks. I avert my gaze and look down at the floor. I want to scream at him and say no. I...
60.9K 2.1K 25
You're looking for a new job after you lost your previous one as a waitress thanks to pest control. As you search through the newspaper you come acro...