Don't Leave (JeanMarco)

De AmericanKilljoy

Jean's life is exactly how he wants it to be. He and his loving boyfriend, Marco live together in an apartmen... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Jean's Journal
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Jean's Journal
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Marco's Letter
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Epilogue

Chapter 9

4.2K 270 250
De AmericanKilljoy

(A/N: Okay, so I choose not to read fanfics about the ships I write about, so it dosn't seem like I'm trying to steal someone else's ideas, but when I'm finished with this fic, I promise to read some of your fics.)

Chapter 9

~

Jean's POV

~

        "Jean you need to go home. You havn't left the hospital in two days." Mrs. Bodt said over the phone. "It's not healthy." She wasn't wrong. I've been sleeping on a couch in the waiting room and living off bad turkey sandwiches. Marco still hadn't woken up, but I wasn't losing hope. I'd been in to see him three times. The lack of a leg would take some getting used to, but it was a lot better than losing more than just a leg. 

        The first time I saw him I broke down into tears. The nurse saw me cry, and I hate it when people see me cry. Crying is human weakness, and when other people see me do it, it makes me feel weaker than I already am. The second time I didn't cry at first. I talked to him, mostly. I talked about his mom, and how shitty the sandwiches were and how uncomfortable the couch was. I held his hand the entire time I talked. The third time, I read to him. I downloaded The Hobbit on my phone and I read him the entire book in one sitting. I could have read him City of Heavenly Fire, but it's like 700 pages, and the nurse barely let me read him the book I did. 

        "I'll leave when Marco is by my side. End of discussion." I told her. I really hated being so forceful with Marco's mom. She was a really nice woman and she cared for me. 

        "Jean, I will not let you sleep in anything other than your bed tonight. If I have to come and drag your scrawny ass back to your house, so help me, I will." Mrs. Bodt had a hoarse tone. Jean looked down at his shirt that was stained with sandwich bits. 

        Even if I don't sleep at my own house, maybe I should just go and change clothes and come back. I want to- no, I need to be here when Marco wakes up.

        "I'm not joking. I'm picking up my keys right now, and I will drive out there unless I hear your car driving home over the phone." Marco's mom was a little scary. 

        "Okay, I'm going now." I told her. She didn't say anything, but I could tell she was going her mom-stare. I got off the couch and exited the hospital, planning to return a few hours later without Mrs. Bodt's knowledge. I sure as hell wasn't leaving Marco alone. I ran outside to wave down a cab with the phone.

        "Okay, see? I'm leaving. Goodbye, Mrs. Bodt." I hung up. The time on my phone was 10:48, and I still hadn't had anything to eat. I stopped by the gas station on my way home and picked up a microwave pizza. It was still crappy pizza, but it was probably way better than the turkey sandwiches I've been eating. 

        Our home was empty without Marco. I would say it's like a part of me is missing, but I don't think that metaphor is appropriate considering Marco's current state. I slammed the pizza in the microwave and slumped over on the couch. I literally had no idea this much of my life revolved around Marco until he was gone. No- not gone. He wasn't gone. He was just... in a divided state? I grabbed my hair again. This was probably the worst thing that could have happened.

        Well, he could have died. 

        The microwave beeped and I snapped back from my thoughts. I slid off the couch and hobbled over to the microwave. I grabbed the plate and burned my hand. 

        The pizza was shitty, and not worth burning my hand on. It was now 11:23 and I was watching Doctor Who. It was The Angels Take Manhattan, which was Marco's favorite. He cried the first time he saw it. I never cried during shows, but this time I did tear up. Not because of the show, because of Marco. I thought about how we watched it at 2 a.m and he was crying so hard I swore he woke the neighbors. 

        I cried so hard and loud, the neighbors did check to see if I was okay. I told them what happened and I got hugs and a fruitcake, which I promply threw out. Neither Marco nor I liked pity gifts, and we refused them when my dad went to the hospital with a minor heart attack, and I should have refused them now, but I couldn't. I felt too weak to deny anything, including my feelings. 

        12:56, still watching Doctor Who. I wasn't sleeping, just in case someone called me about Marco. If I couldn't be there when he woke up, the best I could do was get my ass over there as fast as I could when he did. I was counting on it. The surgery was successful, so why wouldn't he?

        My phone rang at 2:48, and it took two words to get me racing out the door. 

        "He's awake."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5.3K 83 46
The same mess over and over again. That desire that never went away. The love that never broke. Was for him. It was all for him. I made a promise. Th...
7.8K 285 19
It's a year after the horrible incident, of Jean losing his dear Marco. He can't get over the horrid death of the one he truly loved. He hears voices...
1.8K 65 22
Layla lives in a beaten down apartment by herself and gets money from being a stripper. Dream life right? Things will change when she meets Brendon U...