Chapter 5

(A/N: Okay, so I forgot to post today and I just had a good idea, so I'm writing at 11:30 at night with some cereal. Sorry if this one is a little short, it's late and I'm pretty tired.)

Chapter 5

~

Jean's POV

~

When I got home, Marco already went to the store. I really hope he didn't know what I was planning, even though I didn't exactly know either. I wanted to propose in some big cool way, but I had no idea how. First I thought to put the ring in the cake, but there's no guarantee Marco would get the slice with the ring, and that's just overall pretty gross. 

Then I thought to put the ring in the turkey, but I scratched that almost immediately, because 1) that's also gross 2) I don't want my hand up a turkey's ass to begin with. 

But then I had the idea to tie it to some mistletoe and kiss him under it, but Marco always said mistletoe was cliche, and plus I didn't know where to even get mistletoe. Is there like a Christmas store where I can get some? Hm. I looked down at my notepad. Marco left for his job at the sports pub so I was alone on our couch. The ideas "cake", "turkey" and "mistletoe" were all written down and then furiously crossed out. The ideas that remained were "straight forward" and "present".

I always could just do the "love of my life" speech and then propose, but where's the fun in that? I also could wrap the ring box as a present, but where would I go from there? I gasped and scribbled down "ice skating" before once again crossing it off. I remembered that Marco broke his arm ice skating when he was 9 and was terrified of it ever sense. I sighed and leaned my head back against the couch. This was way harder than I anticipated when I bought the ring. I'd put so much thought into this and I still had no idea what to do. I pulled my laptop over from the coffee table and googled "cute ways to propose" hoping I could find inspiration. 

The first result seemed promising, considering there were 50 ways in one website, and I'd be bound to find at least one thing that might work. Some were cheesy, but some also sounded really cute. One said that I could leave a trail of candles leading to me, and I'd propose when he got there, but knowing Marco, he'd trip and cause a fire. 

Another said to have the chef write "will you marry me?" with chocolate on her dessert plate, and that gave me an idea. I could get some frosting from the store and write it on the top of his cake. My parents would be there for dinner, of course, and Marco loves my parents. It seemed like a really great idea, before I remembered Marco hates frosting. 

One idea said to write my proposal with glow-in-the-dark stickers above our bed, and wait for him to notice it. I was totally down for it, I even wrote it down on my list. It actually seemed like the best option at this point. The only problem was where could I get glow-in-the-dark stickers? I opened another tab and googled it. The most promising result was a party store. I grabbed my coat and ran outside to get a taxi. Marco took the truck to work, assuming I wouldn't need it. If I got back in time, I could hide the stickers and make it seem like I havn't left the couch in hours, which wasn't that difficult considering my eating habits. There was a Party America about twenty minutes from our apartment, according to Google Maps.  

Google Maps was strangely right. We got to the party store in almost exactly twenty minutes. When I found the glow stickers, I had to get two packs to make sure I had enough to spell out "Marco, will you marry me?". They only had two M's in a pack. I asked the cab driver to wait for me, because even though it cost me more, it was worth it. It was really hard to get a cab in this part of town. I also thought about getting some ballons or something, but it was too late. If I wanted to do that, I'd have to go back later. 

When Marco worked at the bar, he usually got home after midnight so it was okay if I needed to look up more things for this proposal. I wanted everything to be perfect, even though I'm a sucky romantic. I googled 'cute things to use during a proposal". Much to my luck, I didn't get what I was looking for. I did get a page from BuzzFeed about cute marrige proposals. I clicked on it, hoping to get advice. A lot of them were way over the top, and I probably couldn't afford them, and frankly didn't help much. 

I  next desprately clicked on Pintrest. Some people wrote out their proposals in cupcakes or something, but Marco wasn't a huge fan of cupcakes. I had aquired no new information, and was still completely lost. 

(A/N: Okay nevermind on the short thing, this was a decent chapter, and probably, in my opinion, the best one I've written. Thanks to people who actually read this fic, because I put a lot of time into this. You guys are awesome.)