Royal Synergy: Curse of the Q...

By XavierJohnFord

GVA III - The Queen of Death Time Setting: 2011 Apollo X49 is the mythical stone that has been proven its exi... More

Prologue
Curse One - Archeleon
Curse Two: Don Valero Broadcasting Company
Curse Three: Lenses and the Elites
Curse Four: Alastair Aldeguer
Curse Five: Defiance
Curse Six: Taste of Queen's Rage
Curse Seven: Acknowledgement
Curse Eight: Beautiful Blind
Curse Nine: Compulsion
Curse Ten: Gates
Curse Eleven: The Campus
Curse Twelve: Orientation
Curse Thirteen: Sudden Attack
Curse Fourteen: Loophole
Curse Fifteen: Chaos
Curse Sixteen: Arcus
Curse Seventeen: Unknown Arrows
Curse Eighteen: Mental Pain
Curse Nineteen: Presumption
Curse Twenty: Catch the Mouse
Curse Twenty One: Diapernó Mátia
Curse Twenty Two: The Fifth Wave
Curse Twenty Three: The Activator
Curse Twenty Four: Investigate
Curse Twenty Five: Realized and Concluded
Curse Twenty Six: Investigativo Club
Curse Twenty Seven: Façade
Curse Twenty Eight: Christmas Eve
Curse Twenty Nine: The Fifth Victim
Curse Thirty: Diaperno Maticum
Curse Thirty One: The Sixth Victim
Curse Thirty Two: Cage
Curse Thirty Three: The Resistor and Betrayals
Curse Thirty Four: Aftermath of the Abduction
Curse Thirty Five: Questions to be Answered
Curse Thirty Six: Interrogation
Curse Thirty Eight: Project Apollo Part 2
Curse Thirty Nine: Project Apollo Part 3
Curse Forty: Project Apollo Part 4
Curse Forty-One: The Apollo
Curse Forty-Two: The Seventh Victim and the Orion
Curse Forty-Three: The Orion's Plans
Curse Forty-Four: The Descendant of Apollo
Curse Forty-Five: The Last Nightmare
Epilogue
FAQs and Announcement

Curse Thirty Seven: Project Apollo Part 1

8.7K 367 23
By XavierJohnFord

February 1997— Year of the Ox

TUMIGIL ang kalesa na sinasakyan ng aking Mamma sa tapat ng isang magarang mansyon. Mariin ang aking tingin sa harapang bahagi at kitang kita ko ang kalumaan niyon base sa disenyo.

Mamma lowered herself to meet my eyes. "We're here darling. Are you famished?" she asked me. I shook my head to reply.

She caressed my left cheek and offered her hand. I held it and we walked towards the front door of this big mansion.

"Signorina Lucilla, benvenuti a Aldeguer Mansion." A butler greeted us. Miss Lucilla, welcome to Aldeguer Mansion.

I looked on how he was dressed. The butler is wearing a formal suit from black tie, grey vest, white wing collar dress shirt, black morning coat, cufflinks, white gloves, grey striped trousers and I think I fell in love on his pocket watch hanging on his... pocket.

"Maggiordomo Jaime! It's been what? Five years? You're still look young as ever." My Mamma greeted back. It seems they know each other.

"Hai ragione Signorina Lucilla. E tu sei anche bella come tua figlia." The butler replied and then he looked at me when he said the last word of his sentence. You're right Miss Lucilla. And you are also as beautiful as your daughter.

"Oh, grazie Jaime! A proposito..." Mamma introduced me. "... questa è mia figlia Anastasia. Anastasia, lui è Jaime. Il mio vecchio amico." Oh, thank you Jaime! Speaking of... this is my daughter Anastasia. Anastasia, this is Jaime. My old friend.

"Piacere di conoscerti finalmente, Maggiordomo Jaime. Sono Anastasia Kriselle Graham." I greeted back then I bowed while holding my skirt. Nice to finally meet you, Butler Jaime. I'm Anastasia Kriselle Graham.

I saw how the butler got amazed with my Italian. He looked at Mamma with surprise. "Your Italian is as excellent as your daughter's, Signorina Lucilla. She's intelligent to learn it... how old is she by the way?"

"Thank you, Jaime for the compliment. She's just nine years old. And yes, she's a prodigy. And I'm so very proud of her." My Mamma replied while she's pinching my cheeks.

I pouted because she's treating me as a child again. I am not! Nine years old is already old. I'm a lady now.

"Prodigy, better term for a wonderful kid."

Sinimangutan ko ang butler dahil sa sinabi nito. "I'm a lady already." I whinned.

Mabilis na tinakpan ni Mamma ang aking bibig para pigilan akong magsalita. "Darling, your words." She warned me and I just nodded.

"Yes, you are Signorina Anastasia. I have to apologize for calling you a kid." Nakayukong wika sa akin ni Butler Jaime and I know that he's just fond of me talking like an adult.

Well, because I am! I'm already an adult. Hmp!

"Shall we?" Butler Jaime offered his hand and Mom obliged to take it with a smile on her lips.

"Whom do I owe this pleasant surprise, Amica?" an Italian woman approached us. I think they're both in a same age with my Mom because she's as elegant as her.

"Camilla! Mi manchi, Amica!" Mom's voice squeak upon seeing the woman then they both hugged as if they haven't seen each other for ages. Camilla! I miss you, friend!

"Anch 'lo! Non ti ho mai visto da quando?" the woman with a name Camilla replied with the same tone of enthusiasm. Me too! I have never seen you since when?

"Oh, never mind the years, Amica. I'm glad that I was able to see you again." Mom acknowledged.

"Yes, me too! I really do miss you so much!" then Camilla hugged my Mom again.

What's with the mini-reunion of older people? Ugh! Bored lady here!

"I supposed that both of you would be staying here... for a day at least?" Camilla asked Mom and the twinkle on her eyes are telling them she's not going to say no.

"Yes, definitely. Would it be okay? I was just about to book a hotel..."

"C'mon, Lucilla! Of course, it's okay! I won't mind. I would definitely nag you 'till later if you're not going to stay here for a night." Doon palang yata ako napansin ng ginang when she looked at me. "Oh! Is this your pretty daughter?"

Napangisi ako ng palihim because of her compliment. She does know how to distinguish pretty ladies. I like her na.

"Ciao, bella! Come ti chiami?" the woman named Camilla lowered her level to face me and ask my name. Hello, beautiful! What is your name?

"Anastasia Kriselle Graham, Signora." I replied, shyly. She has a jolly tone that I couldn't fathom. It's totally different than mine as I'm always quiet.

"You're so cute! She's so like you, Lucilla. Shy but responsive." Camilla commented then grin at my Mom. I don't seem to get what does that mean.

I saw Mom rolled her eyes at her, I think jokingly and then responded. "We're just both quiet, Camilla. It's a good thing."

"I know, Amica. I just can't really help it. I'm seeing her as you— the younger you. Oh, how I wish I could have a daughter. I'm being dominated by men in this household, you know." Camille dreamily reacted.

"Are you not allowed to commit another child?" Mom asked her then the woman looked on the floor sadly.

"I had a miscarriage with our third child two months ago. I was informed by my doctor that they need to remove it due to infection of my condition before." Camilla confessed then Mom immediately hugged her.

"I'm really sorry if I have to ask you that, Camilla. My condolences to your lost child."

"I'm fine now, Lucilla. It's still painful but bearable. My two handsome sons are helping me to cope up. And they're both a blessing to me."

Magpapatuloy pa sana ang kanilang usapan when the butler intervened. "Signora Camilla? La stanza degli ospiti è pronta. Il pranzo sarà servito dopo un'ora." Butler Jaimed informed us. Miss Camilla? The guest room is ready. Lunch will be served after an hour.

The woman replied. "Sì, giusto, grazie Maggiordomo Jaime." Then she faced us. "... Lucilla e Anastasia? Le cameriere vi assisterà alla vostra camera. Possiamo continuare la nostra conversazione più tardi, Amica." Yes, you're right, thank you Butler Jaime. Lucilla and Anastasia? The maids will be assisting you to your room. We can continue our conversation later, friend.

"Grazie, Camilla. Ci riposeremo per un po'" Mom replied with her genuine respond. Thank you, Camilla. We will rest for a while.

WE'RE quietly eating on their grandeur dining area. It's a long table with few people. It's just me, Mom, her friend Camilla and a man which I think the husband of my Mom's friend.

The maids together with the servers are only staying at our back and standing with an impassive face. It seems they're used to this kind of thing. Marami namang pagkain bakit hindi nalang sila makisabay sa amin. I looked at my Mom.

It seems she already figured out what I'm about to ask and she immediately hushed me and ordered me to eat my meal.

Narinig nalang namin ang pagsalita ni Butler Jaime when the second course has been served. "A Lombard brasato di maiale will be the second course. Just let me know what do you want for your dolce, Signora Lucilla and Signora Anastasia." Dolce, dessert.

"Grazie, Maggiardomo Jaime." Mamma replied.

"So, how's your travel?" the man on the head chair asked us. Well, I think it's just Mom.

Dito na yata papasok ang adult conversation nila. I'll just listen anyway. Wala naman akong maintindihan sa iba.

"Tiring, Calixto. Thanks for asking." Mom's tone seems off. It's too formal and short.

Dumaan ang ilang segundong katahimikan bago iyon binasag ni Miss Camilla. I think she felt a tension between her two important persons.

"S-So, what brought you here Amica, by the way?" Camilla asked.

"She visited us since I think she changed her mind?" Malalim na boses ng lalaking masasabing asawa ni Miss Camilla habang seryoso ito sa pagkain ng tanghalian nito.

"W-Why?" Camilla asked and I sensed her curiosity, and so was I. Mom didn't tell me anything about our trip here in Italy. Ang sabi lang niya it's about some business venture that she will be entering. I'm just curious what kind of business is that.

"None of your business, Camilla." Malamig na tugon ni Calixto dahilan upang mapatulala si Camilla sa pagkain nito na may kalungkutan.

Mom caught her eyes. "It's nothing serious, Camilla. It's just about some business that I'll be discussing with your husband."

"Stay Camilla out of it, Lucilla." Calixto bombarded the room with his thunderous voice. I'm not scared though. I may be still young but nothing fears me. Not even this man. Just don't say anything that will include you, Anastasia. You'll be safer that way. Bulong ko sa aking sarili.

"Do you really want to talk about it here, Calixto?" Mom's voice overpowered of what Calixto had done.

An awkward silence filled the entire dining area. Hanggang sa inutusan ni Calixto ang mga taong nasa likuran namin na lumabas.

"W-What's h-happening... L-Lucilla? C-Calixto?" Camilla's angelic faced screams fear of what my Mom and Calixto have been pointing out.

"Ask someone to take care of your daughter outside, Lucilla. If you're insisting to talk about it now." Calixto's deep baritone voice made me jumped a little when he's pointing me out.

I looked at my Mamma. She nodded at me, signaling to step outside first.

"Maggiardomo Jaime?" Mom called and the Jaime entered the room once again. "Please assist my daughter back to our room please. We're just about to discuss something very important."

"Si, Signorina Lucilla..." pagsunod ng mayordomo tapos ay tumingin ito sa akin. "... do you want to play outside, Signorina Anastasia?"

I didn't respond. I just nodded. I was taught to take everything seriously. Even at the young age. Mamma wanted me to be matured as early as now since she noticed how different I am from any ordinary kid. So, even her simple nod it simply shows that she wanted to give me a message that I was easily to understand.

"Please bring her to my son, Alastair. He might be on his room playing his toys." Rinig pa naming suggestion ni Camilla habang naglalakad kaming dalawa ng mayordomo. The Maggiardomo stopped for a while and bowed down to his superiors.

We stopped in front of a huge door. Butler Jaime knocked three times but no one answered. He knocked again but this time, he's stating a name. "Signore Alastair?"

I rolled my eyes when no one responded again. I don't have much any temper right now dahil naputol ang pagkain ko kung kaya't hinawakan ko ang braso ni Butler Jaime.

"Let me do something about that." I told him and I walked nearer the door. May kinuha ako sa aking buhok and I smirked when I saw my hairpin.

"W-What are you going to do, Signorina Anastasia?" I faced Butler Jaime with my pretty serious face and he took a step back. Maging ang ilang maids ay tila kinakabahan sa gusto kong gawin.

I started unlocking the door with my hairpin. Hindi naman ako ganoong natagalan at tuluyan ko nang nabuksan ang pintuan na ayaw magbukas. I kicked it without any respect.

The person inside made me wait so he doesn't deserve my respect as well. If you respect me, I'll do the same. You do something naughty and bad at me? I'll give it back three times or more than what they deserve.

The room was too dark but the kid which I think we're at the same age was surprised from what I did. May nakasuot sa tainga nito and that's we realized that he couldn't hear us because of a gadget he's been listening to.

"Leave us alone." I ordered the people at my back and I can sense that they all looked at me. "Your Signore won't do something harsh right? Leave us, we are going to play."

Hindi nakapagsalita maging si Butler Jaime. If the mother of Aldeguer's was right about me having similarity with my Mom and the Butler knows her as well, then he should be aware how serious I am.

As I've said, I'm not a usual kid they're all have been anticipating. I'm matured. Matured enough to be alone with a man.

And that man was glaring at me furiously.

Mabilis na lumabas ang mga kasama ko bago ko narinig ang masungit na boses ng batang ito.

"Chi sei?! E perché sei qui? Lascia la mia stanza, intruso!" Medyo napangiwi ako sa sigaw nito. Who are you? And why are you here? Leave my room, Intruder!

"Don't shout! I can hear you from here!" Sigaw ko rin pabalik. Akala ba nito, siya lang ang marunong sumigaw?

"I said who are you?" He asked again, pero mas malumanay na ngayon.

Ayan! Dapat gan'yan! Sisigaw sigaw pang nalalaman.

"I'm your parents' visitor. I'm Asia... Asia Graham. And you?" I offered my hand nang ako'y makalapit sa kanya.

Tiningnan pa nito ang malinis at maganda kong kamay bago 'yon tinanggap. "Alastair. Alastair Aldeguer."

Ay! Makalyo ang kamay ni Kuya. 'Di na s'ya kid like me. He's older na rin. Hihi!

Nakita ko rin sa wakas ang mukha ng bata when his face has been lighted by his bedside lamp.

His cute face became clearer when I looked on his eyes. It's dark... and deep to be seen. His protruded lips are too pinkish like a candy. I secretly wet my lips involuntarily.

Jusko, I felt my face heated up upon realizing that I'm admiring his cute face. Pero parang 'di siya cute 'eh. He's... gwapo. Like super gwapo.

Yayain ko kaya 'tong ng kasal. Sayang 'eh.

"Ang gwapo mo." Hindi ko napigilang isatinig and my eyes went wide. What did I just say?!

Alastair grinned at me softly as if he understood it. Wait! No... way!!! He can understand tagalog?! Oh no!

"Thank you, Asia. Unfortunately, my father is a half-Filipino and he taught me some of your language, so yeah, thank you."

Oh no! Gusto kong maiyak... sa kilig! Ang ganda ng ngiti niya. Nakakapanlambot ng tuhod.

Ito na ba iyong sinasabi nina Claude and Austin na crush? Wala pa kasi akong crush. Ever! Ang crush ko lang 'ata is my books and other knowledgeable materials. Pero crush na as in sa tao? S'ya na kaya?

"You're... pretty. I think... we're bagay."

Okay, would it be fine just to be melt in front of him? May kumikiliti yata sa t'yan ko na hindi ko alam. Should I call Mamma to ask about this? No! She might find out na nagka-crush na ako. That's nakakahiya!

Pero ano sabi niya? We're bagay? Like hello? Para naman shira! We just met, Kuya. Baka maaya na talaga kita d'yan ng kasal. Kahit bata pa tayo nako sinasabi ko sa'yo.

"T-Thanks," Kimi kong tugon while I'm putting my lost hairs at the back of my ears.

"You want to hear this as well?" Napatingin ako sa kanya when he offered the other earphone. Nakasuot na 'yong isa sa kaliwang tainga nito while he's offering the other one.

Hihindi pa ba ako?

"Sure," Kailan pa naging soft ang boses ko? I should really ask my Mamma about this. I'm misbehaving pero... nakakakilig?

Nang maisuot ko na ang kabilang earphone akala ko naman music ang pinakakikinggan n'ya.

Napatingin ako sa kanya ng mariin when I realized that I'm hearing a conversation.

"You're smart. Yes, I'm listening to their conversation." Pag-amin nito sa'kin.

I don't know what's the reason why he wants to listen to their conversation. It's an adult thing that we shouldn't meddle.

"Is i-it true, Amore mio?" rinig nilang wika ni Camilla. My love.

"Stay out of this, Camilla." Medyo napaatras silang dalawa ni Alastair sa lakas ng boses ng ama nito sa kwartong 'yon.

"But I h-have the r-right to know any of these, Calixto!" nagkatinginan muli kami ni Alastair nang mahimigan sa tono ng ina niya ang hinanakit at ang napipintong pag-iyak. I even saw him clenching his fist.

"Amica, tell me! Was it the Apollo caused of my miscarriage?! Tell me!" histerikal na ang boses ni Camilla at bakas na ang tunog ng iyak nito.

"Si," muling napahagulgol si Camilla sa ginawang pag-amin ni Calixto. Bakas sa lalaki na nagsisisi ito sa isang bagay. "When I got the custody of Apollo, I tried to test it on you. It might choose our unborn kid as its vessel."

Isang lagutok na sampal ang kanilang narinig.

"How dare you to experiment your own child, Calixto! Hai ucciso mio figlio! L'hai ucciso!" malakas na iyak ang namayani matapos niyon. You killed my child! You killed him!

Napalingon ako sa kasama kong si Alastair. Nakaumang ang bibig nito at nakatulala sa gulat. Maging ako rin naman ay nagulat sa narinig. Narinig ko nga kanina na nawala ang pangatlong anak ni Miss Camilla pero hindi ko akalain na sa ganitong paraan ko 'yon malalaman.

"I have to, Camilla." Mababa ang tono ng lalaki. "This is for our own future, Privus' future." Pagdadahilan ni kuya.

"You're not even sorry for it?" sa tono ni Camilla, bakas ang gulat dahil sa sinagot ni Calixto.

Now I remember this man. He's the one who visited us on our house. Hindi ko masyadong narinig ang usapan nila pero alam kong nagkabangayan ang lalaking ito at ang Mamma ko.

"I am not sorry from what happened, Camilla."

No, he's lying. Mamma taught me how to distinguish if people are lying. Based on his tone, kahit sobrang seryoso no'n, I can feel that he's sad and sorry from what he did.

"I am here to get the Apollo, Calixto." It was Mamma who spoke this time right after a few minutes of helping Camilla to calm down.

Narinig namin ang malalim na pagbuntunghininga ni Calixto bago sinagot si Mamma. "No, you know that you can't have it this time. Wala nang tiwala ang Privus Council sa inyong tatlo nina Leonna at Althea."

"I thought you want me to use my daughter for the experiment?" Mamma explained. Ramdam kong natigilan si Calixto. "You already read my diary, alam mong hindi s'ya ang pwede ang maging vessel pero pinagpipilitan mo."

"Then there's no reason for me to give you the Apollo." Calixto replied.

"We can still do the experiment. Leonna and Althea agreed on this. Apollo showed everything to me. So, kung gusto mong makontrol ang Apollo, we need to extract first its power to seven humans before it chooses who will be the vessel."

"What do you mean?" Calixto probed.

"Your experiment failed because of the test subjects. It shouldn't be us to pick who will it be. It was Apollo who will pick. And I know how. I need the stone to make it happen." Mamma tried to persuade the man.

"Paano ako makakasiguradong hindi mo itatakas ang Apollo mula sa'min?" Calixto tried to see different side of the offer.

"You can join or watch the experimentation if you want."

"Lucilla, w-what t-the hell are you talking a-about? You're going to continue to his craziness over the Apollo? P-Please d-don't..." it was Camilla who spoke with her pleading words.

"Camilla, I know it's dangerous. I know this has caused you to lose your unborn child but we have to do this. The stone is unstable. If we are not going to extract its content and disperse it to the chosen humans, then this world will be vanished in no time."

Mabilis kong tinanggal ang earphone sa aking tainga dahil 'di ko na kaya ang mga nalalaman. It's too big to take in one shot. I don't even understand anything!

"Where are you going?" tanong ni Alastair sa'kin nang binalak ko nang lumabas sa kanyang kwarto. I need to be alone.

"O-Outside..." nautal kong sagot sa kanya.

"I know..." muli akong natigil sa paglalakad nang magsalita ito. "... it's too much to take. Considering that we are only nine years old. But you have to help me, Asia. Help me to stop them from what was about to happen."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 146K 58
[PUBLISHED UNDER PSICOM] BOOK 1 of IMPROBUS ILLE IMPERIUM "Behind those smiles are playful lies, and behind those lies, the horror of the past awaits...
3.4K 297 38
Si Tide ang klasing mananayaw na walang urungan kung sayawan ang labanan. Siya ang mananayaw na kahit hingal na talaga nang bongga, tuloy pa rin! Tul...
493K 12.9K 55
Everly Sanchez was a she-wolf with an extremely distinctive appearance. Some people thought she was hideous, while others thought she was exceptional...
159K 9.9K 48
Wattys 2022 Shortlister "You are forever and always be my saviour. The love of my life. My guiding star in this dark world." Book Cover Illustration...