Clarity || John Murphy

Od Breathe_Me

***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 PEOPLE, IT IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED AND SUCKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*** After Jo... Viac

Preview/Copyright Statement
OTHER INFO - You will understand the story better if you read this!
Chapter One - The Lake, The Mist, and The Girl
Chapter Two - You Found Me
Chapter Three - The Colonies
Chapter Four - Training
Chapter Five - Prevention
Chapter Six - Let It Burn
Chapter Seven - 'Stupidity'
Chapter Eight - What did he do?
Chapter Nine - 'Leader' Jackson
Chapter Ten - The Bet
Chapter Eleven - Chills
Chapter Twelve - Bloody Axe
Chapter Thirteen - Missing
Chapter Fourteen - Bullet Holes
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - Hostage
Chapter Seventeen - Confliction
Chapter Eighteen - Dreamers
Chapter Nineteen - Liar Liar
Chapter Twenty - Wrecking Ball
Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"
Chapter Twenty-Two - Confrontations
Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions
Chapter Twenty-Four - Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Taking The Risk
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Breakdown
Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA
Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President
Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth
Author's Note
THANK YOOOOOOOU!
Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker
Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Desperate Measures
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Epilogue
Author's Note: Everything Else
10,000
Anyone like The Originals?
Skyfall (LAST UPDATE I PROMISE)

Chapter Thirty - Maps

2K 72 23
Od Breathe_Me

SO. Now I'm in Louisiana. :D

I found out all about my heritage, (my mother's maiden name is Aucoin, her father was acadian/cajun, which makes me acadian/cajun!) I saw a lot of historical landmarks, AND I just got to New Orleans! ^.^

I honestly love New Orleans, it's one of the most amazing places I've ever been to. :) And that's saying something because I've only been here for five hours. xD Lol.

The song for this is "Maps" by Maroon 5, and I think you'll find out why later. :3

By the way, Meve shippers are gonna LOVE this chapter. xD

Goal: 40 reads 3 votes. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty

Murphy grinned down at her. "You look great."

She was dressed in a highlighter orange tanktop and a black skirt of which Hannah had painted on wild stripes with the glow paint. She had also painted Eve's arms and back, seeing how the tanktop was an open-backed shirt.

She grinned. "And you will too." She grabbed his hand, leading him into her bedroom. Hannah had left the paint out still, along with the many different paints as well. She grabbed one of the brushes, dipping it in the neon orange.

She turned around to face him. "Alright. This is gonna have to come off." She said, moving towards him and playing with the hem of his shirt slightly.

He laughed. "No problem." He pulled it over his head, throwing it on the other side of the bed.

"So what do you want?"

"How about stripes like yours?"

She smiled. "Sure. Do you want tiger stripes?"

"Definitely." He grinned.

She nodded, glancing up at him before beginning to paint his chest. Seconds later, Jay and Hannah came bouncing in. Hannah was literally screaming, and it looked like Jay was chasing her.

"Watch it!" He yelled, grabbing Eve by the waist and pulling her over so that Jay idnd't run right into her. They both ended up laughing at Jay as he literally hopped and rolled over the bed, narrowly missing the paint.

Hannah laughed wildly at Jay, only to have him grab her by the leg and pull her down with him. They both burst out laughing, then got up and sat down on the bed. Eve moved all the paint down onto the nightstand, and then told Murphy and Jay to sit down on the bed.

"Here, we'll try this instead. Now SIT. STILL." She said sternly, but couldn't stop her smile.

Murphy laughed a little, then sat down as Jay did the same. Jay kinda looked like he was about to fall asleep, but it didn't really matter. He always got like that when he hadn't taken his pills.

Hannah started painting on Jay's shoulder, and it was as if she read his mind. "Hey, Jay you have to take your pills before you go."

Jay sighed. "Fine, I will. I hate them though."

She frowned. "I know you do. They're too big to swallow, but you'll be able to do it, just like always. You'll be fine."

He sighed again, and she frowned at him. "Shush. Be happy." She said, dotting his cheek with lime green paint.

Murphy chuckled. He shivered slightly when Eve touched the paint to his chest. It was pretty cold. "Why's it so cold?"

"It was stuck in a shed for two days. Maybe it was colder than we thought." Eve shrugged her shoulders.

"Done!" Hannah said, grinning.

Jay's painting had taken less time because he only wanted swirls, while Eve wanted to cover Murphy in stripes.

"And... So are you!" She smiled at him. "How's it look?" She asked, pulling him up to stand in front of the mirror.

He had stripes going from his spine to his stomach or middle of his chest area. They were all neon colors, including lime green, bright yellow, highlighter orange, and highlighter blue.

He grinned at her. "Thank you, it's great." He reached out to pull her into a hug, but she grabbed his arms and pushed him away gently.

"Ah ah ah, you're still wet." She smiled.

"We're gonna head to the party, we'll see you there." Hannah said before running out of the room with Jay in tow.

Murphy looked in the mirror, and his lips parted. His eyes caught sight of something, and he froze.

"What is it?"

"The paint... It almost covers up the scars. I just noticed that." He mumbled, his fingers going up to his scars that weren't covered in the paint. He grazed his fingers along them.

Eve reached up, taking his hand in hers. She pulled it down to her, and kissed the back of it gently. "They'll go away soon, don't worry."

"It's not that I'm worried about... They bother me."

"Why?"

He frowned, sighing again. "Because I got them from helping you out of a fire I caused. They remind me of the danger I put you in."

She smiled at him. "That's in the past, remember? It's over. I don't care about that anymore."

He paused for a moment, then sighed and nodded. "Alright."

"Good. Now let's go have some fun." She grinned.

*

"What?!" Jay yelled back to Murphy over the extremely loud music.

Murphy laughed, taking another sip of his drink. He had stolen Jay's an hour ago, seeing how the guy was so drunk that he might faint if he drank even a simple drop of a shot.

"I said, are you having fun?!"

Jay grinned. "Hell yeah! This is awesome!" He shouted back, and began waving his arms around strangely in an attempt to break dance.

Luckily for Murphy, Hannah showed up to stop that dancing disaster. She dragged him over to the doors outside.

"Hey!" He heard Eve yell in his ear.

He grinned at her. "Hi!"

"Do you wanna dance?!"

"Yeah, sure!" He actually really liked the song that was playing, he would have no problem dancing to it.

She led him through the crowd to a more closed in area, where people were about as close to each other as they could get. Murphy listened to the song absentmindedly while Eve held his hand and led him along.

"I hear your voice in my sleep at night,

Hard to resist temptation."

She moved closer to him, smiling at him. He took her hands in his, moving her so that she was less than an inch from him. He moved her hands so that they were resting on his bare shoulders as he moved his own hands to her waist.

"Cause something strange has come over me,

Now I can't get over you.

No I just can't get over you!"

He pulled her closer, smirking slightly down at her as his body now moved in sync against hers, along with the other people around them as well.

"I was there for you in your darkest times,

I was there for you in your darkest night."

She stared up at him, a nearly unreadable look on her face.

"But I wonder where were you,

When I was at my worst,

Down on my knees,

And you said you had my back."

She moved up to him, her fingers curling slightly as she did so.

"So I wonder where were you,

When all the roads you took came back to me..."

He felt her lips slowly graze gently over his, before he gave in and pulled her waist tightly against him, pressing his lips against hers.

"So I'm following the map that leads to you.

The map that leads to you,

Ain't nothing I can do."

Her hands moved from his shoulders up to his neck, resting her fingers on it before they curled again and entangled themselves in the hair at the base of his neck. They moved in sync now, their bodies in sync with the others, and their lips in sync with each other's.

"Following, Following, Following to you.

The map that leads to you.

Ain't nothing I can do.

The map that leads to you."

They both pulled away for a breath of air, staring at each other, both with somewhat surprised and yet loving looks in their eyes.

Eve moved close to him again, closer to his ear than his lips. "We should probably go soon, it's getting late! We need to get Jay home too!" Eve yelled in his ear, the music still too loud to hear someone just through speaking.

Murphy nodded, and Eve once again led him through the large crowd. It seemed bigger now. They found Hannah and Jay over by the front of the building, with Jay almost falling over and Hannah struggling to keep him up.

Murphy sighed softly. They were far enough from the speakers that they could hear other clearly without yelling. "Alright, let's get you home." He said, putting Jay's left arm over his shoulders and lifting him up.

They were at Jay's house within minutes, and Hannah had already gotten water and advil for him. He was groaning on the couch as she gave him the water. "Why was alcohol made? Do they want to kill us?"He groaned even louder.

Murphy laughed. "I took the cup away from you for a reason. You shouldn't have kept drinking."

Jay sighed. "Okay, let me sleep and shut up, Murphy." He turned around so that he was facing the back of the couch, his back to Murphy and Eve, while Hannah sat down at his feet.

"Okay, okay. Calm it, drunky." He chuckled.

The next thing he knew, Jay had chucked the pill bottle at the back of his head. He yelped. "Ow!"

"You deserve it, you ass." He growled out before groaning and holding his head.

Murphy sighed, chuckling and shaking his head before saying goodbye to the both of them as Eve led him out of the house.

*

Murphy smiled lightly at Eve as he set the small glass of water on the desk beside the door. "So guess what Jay said when he was drunk?"

"What?" She said as she walked up to him.

"He said that he thought I did better at giving the 100 an example. He also said that I could easily beat you in a fight." He smirked. He was just trying to rile her up. And by the look on her face, it was working.

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

"Really."

"Well, I have skills and training."

"I have a gun."

"I have a bow and arrow."

"I'm stronger."

"I'm smarter."

"I'm faster."

She smiled slyly at him. "Prove it."

He chuckled, then moved over to her with a smirk on his face. "Are you really sure," He moved his hands to her arms, making her practically freeze with goosebumps appearing every place his fingers touched. "That you want me to do that?"

She bit her lip, seeming unsure for a moment before nodded. "Yes." She said, then raised her hand, curling it into a fist and sending it at his face.

His hand shot up, and he wrapped his fingers around her wrist. He laughed softly at the immediate look of frustration on her face.

She sent her left fist at his stomach, and he also grabbed that one as well.

With one swift movement, he suddenly twisted her arms around so that her back was pressed against his chest, and his arms were wrapped around her. His right arm was around her shoulders, and his left arm was wrapped her waist. She gasped slightly when he pulled her back to hug her body as close to him as possible.

He could practically hear her heart beat accelerating when his right hand let go of hers, and he slowly leaned back to touch his fingers to her hair. He slowly pulled it back and off her shoulder, exposing her neck.

He moved his lips to her ear, grazing them against the skin of her ear lobe before moving up slowly to the curve of her ear. She shivered slightly, and he chuckled softly before moving his lips from her ear and down to her neck, sucking gently as he placed fluttered kisses on her skin.

Suddenly, he was literally twisted all the way around, and then shoved up against the wall. He looked down only to see Eve's hands holding the collar of his shirt.

"How'd you do that?" He asked in shock.

She smirked. "Told you I'm smarter." She turned around, ready to leave, when he lunged forwards.

"Oh no you don't. Come here." He growled out playfully, grabbing her hand and yanking her back to him, encircling her arm around his waist. He leaned down, kissing her deeply and passionately.

That kiss deepened with every second passing, and he moved his hands down to her thighs. He lifted her up so that he was carrying her, and her legs wrapped around his waist. She was now taller than him, considering that he had lifted her up as high as he could carry her. She teased him, pulling away and only grazing her lips against his.

He began walking, not stopping until he reached his bedroom door. He opened it, then kicked it closed once he was inside.

He eventually found the bed, laying her down on it and smiling into the kiss before breaking it. He sat up, pulling his t-shirt up and over his head. She sat up as well, and moved her fingers down to the hem of her tanktop before pulling it up and over her head as well, with a bit of his help.

He smiled down at her, before moving on top of her and pressing his lips to her neck. He moved his lips back to hers again, before breaking the kiss and shaking his head. "We don't have to do this if you don't want to."

She stared up at him silently for a moment, before grinning and moving her hands to his neck and bringing him down to kiss her. He pulled away before laughing. "I'll take that as a yes."

____________________________________________________________

Told you you'd love it. :P

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

Hunted and Abducted Od Queen Kourt

Tínedžerská beletria

10.9K 315 24
\\THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK. I started writing it forever ago and it's sort of short. So sorry about that.// "So when can I leave," I asked. He took a bi...
12.4K 393 20
"No risk, no story. Right?" 100 prisoners have been sent to the ground, including Willow Hennessy. The redhead has never let "rules" get in her way...
623K 18.5K 40
Venus Bartone is one of the 100, the people that were put into the skybox because they were too young to be executed. She was put there because her k...
47.3K 1.3K 16
**This is a Sequel to my book Clarke of The Grounders.** With Lexas' last breath, she picked Clarke to be the next Commander. Lexa was buried and Cla...