Growing up (MWL's sequel)✔️

By Ariana_Godoy

"I want to grow up" Did you say it when you were a kid? I know I did. Have you regretted growing up at some p... More

Growing up (My Wattpad Love's sequel)
1.- "Are you sewing your clothes?! You said ten minutes!"
2.- I can officially say everyone knows I'm virgin.
3.- 'Please, that's too much. I feel a little dirty right now'
4. Love makes us monsters, people. Watch out.
5.The night is young, my dear BFF and so are we.
6. Romeo would be ashamed of you.
7. Are you flirting with me, mister?
8. Because I'm your girlfriend and you love me.
9. They are coming for us!
10. I really knew how to pick my best friends.
11. We've got Einstein son among us!
12. This is better than late night soap operas.
13. Thank you, fate, really. You're helping out so much.
14. We can share her. We are like Edward and Jacob.
15. Ms. Jones, may I have a word with you?
17. 'Come out of your shell, little turtle'
18. I know a lot about you, Julie Ann Jones.
19. 'It's alright. You can touch if you want'
20. Why are you doing in my room at this late hour, sir?
21. 'It was a onetime thing, it won't happen again'
22. 'I sensed some tension here'
23. Yeah, I make up words, sue me. I'm original.
24. Happy Birthday, Raccoon.
25. You don't look fine at all, kid.
26. "Don't touch it. It's pounding."
27. You don't have my permission to lose your V card
28. I hate him. I do. I hate him so much.
29. Don't make babies while I'm gone
30. I'm like your Christmas hero or something.
31. So biologically speaking, I was screwed.
32. "We are not in the stone age anymore!"
33. This isn't so bad. I get free Jell-O.
34. You look like you need a drink
35. Oh Lord my poor virginal kitchen
36. "I already told you. You're a chicken."
37. I can't look at it. I can't.
38. They are my half-siblings.
39. "Oh Jules... you're so beautiful"
40. You'll be a great writer someday
41. The boy of sad eyes.
42. Epilogue

16. I can't believe it! You naughty girl!

613K 25.1K 8K
By Ariana_Godoy

There won’t be author note at the end so you better read this out, my dear peaches. Especial long chapter, why special? You’ll see.

Enjoy the trailer at the side (or up there if you’re in the Wattpad app) It was made by Claudia. I really liked (Claudia when you read this, give your username so I can dedicate the chapter to you)

Love

Ariana

Chapter Sixteen

I wished I could stop time.

Really, if I had the option to choose a super power, that’d be my choice.

There are moments in life that are just so perfect, you wanted to be frozen there. You just wanted to stay there forever.  

I was wrapped in Evan’s arms, and I couldn’t think of any other place to be. I belonged there, nowhere else. His soft scent was comforting and it made me feel safe. He kissed my hair, and leaned back. I wanted to protest but I knew we had to pull away eventually.

“Let me pick up my things and I’ll drive you home,” he smiled at me, turning around. I watched his back as he gathered his stuff. I couldn’t believe we were back together. Last week had been hell for me without him.

I struggled not to giggle when he turned to me once again, bag in hand, giving me that breath-taking smile of his.

Of course, that was the perfect time for a knock on the door.

I looked behind me to see Mike waving his hand through the small rectangular glass on the door.

Evan’s smile vanished, and he spoke with an annoyed tone, “Don’t tell me he’s waiting for you.”

I gave him a guilty smile, “Kind of,”

“Was he going to give you a ride home?”

By this point, Mike was knocking on the glass, “Not really,” Evan cocked an eyebrow, waiting for elaboration, “We’re actually going to a club,” his face fell, “No, don’t get the wrong idea. We are all going, the three of us: Linda, he and I.”

“You’re underage,” Evan reminded me seriously.

“Yeah but his uncle owns the club so he can get us in,” I explained, getting my hands inside my jeans pockets.

Evan shook his head, “Open the door and tell him you’re not going. I’m taking you home.”

“But I already told him I would go,” I protested, “I don’t wanna let him down,”

“He’s been your friend for a week and you look mortified of letting him down,” he pointed out, staring at me, “Is there something I should know?”

“No, it’s not like that. He just needs a little help with Linda,” I explained in a rush, “He likes her but he doesn’t have the courage to tell her,”

“Jules,” Evan pronounced my name in the most serious tone I had ever heard from him, “Do you really want to do this now?” my mouth formed an “O”. I knew he referred to the fact we just got back together. Did I really want to ruin that for a guy I just met?  No, definitely not. It might sound selfish but I just got the man I loved back. I’m sorry but I’m not ruining it for Mike.

I let my hands drop to my sides, “You’re right.” I said, thinking of ways to tell Mike I was not going, “Give me a sec.” I turned on my feet and walked to the door. Mike was leaning against the door, he probably grew tired of knocking it. I grasped the doorknob.

I heard Evan sigh behind me, “Wait.”

I faced him once again, “What is it?” he came closer but still kept a prudent distance between us. Mike was on the door after all.

“We’ll go together.”

A happy smile formed on my lips, “Really? You’d do that for me?”

“I’d do anything for you,” he returned the smile, “Anything. Even going to a club with some of my students who are clearly underage.”

“I’ll be eighteen next month.” I said proudly.

Evan gave me a devilish grin, “Oh I know that.”

“You do?” I teased with a grin of my own.

“Yeah, next month you’ll be of legal age to…” he trailed off, his eyes travelled down my body then came back to my face, “to go to a club,” he finished, “But since you cannot wait. Let’s go.”

“Right.” I turned around to open the door.

==

“Oh my God! You’re banging our hot teacher!” Linda exclaimed and I had to cover her mouth.

“Shhhh,” I looked around to see if anyone had heard her. Luckily for us the place was empty. We were in the club’s bathroom, even though we just got here. Linda needed to reaffirm her make-up which I didn’t really get. She spent the car ride, fixing her make-up over and over again. I let go of her mouth, gesturing her to be quiet.

“Oh my God! Oh my God!” she squealed in a whisper, “I can’t believe it! You naughty girl!”

“I’m not banging anyone,” I clarified, hating to use the word ‘banging’ I really hated it, “We’re dating.”

Linda gave me a quizzical look, “You have that beautiful, sexy man as your boyfriend and you haven’t jumped his bones?” she looked at me as if I was crazy, “What the hell are you waiting for?”

“It’s just…” I bit my lower lip, “I’m not having this conversation here,”

“Fine. You’ll be doing it soon anyway. I can see that.” A smug smile appeared on her red lips.

“What?” I frowned, “What are you talking about?”

“Oh please, I’ve seen the way you guys look at each other,” she spoke as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, “You guys are one grope away from doing the dirty.”

One grope away… seriously?

“Did you just really say that?” I had to make sure.

She nodded, placing her hands on her hips, “Look, whatever your reason for not devouring that delicious piece of meat is, you better hold tight to it because you’re gonna need one hell of self-control to stop nature from taking over.”

I scowled at her, “I’m not sure I got all that.”

“You’re gonna bang soon, Jules. It’s a clear as my father’s bank account after mom caught him cheating.” She folded her arms across her chest, “So, if you’re not ready for it, you better load your self-control and avoid kissing with tongue.”

Was that an advice?

“Thank you?” I replied unsure. She passed an arm over my shoulder.

“No problem, let’s go back.”

We made our way through the mass of people. The loud, palpitating music filled my ears. Colorful lights and mixes made the dance floor looked pretty cool. In definition, The siren was really okay for a new club. It had a large bar where cute bartenders were serving drinks, and a couple of tables close to the wall.

We reached our table to find Mike sitting there alone. Evan had dropped us on the back entrance of the club and went to look for a parking space before joining us. He was taking a lot of time though.

My phone vibrated in my jean pocket. I pulled it out to check a text from Laura. I’d texted her, letting her know I was there. She’d kill me if she found out I’d come here without her knowing. She wanted to know this club so badly.

I’ll be there in five’

-L.

Lau was lucky to be old enough. She had her eighteen birthday last august. I wondered if she would bringing Jordan along. Yep, definitely, Lau didn’t have it in her to come to a club all by herself. Linda showed up with two drinks in her hands.

“There you go,” she handed me one.

I took it, sniffing on it, “What is it?”

“Lemon juice, what do you think?” Linda rolled her eyes. I glared at her.

I took a sip and the bitter taste of alcohol made my throat burn. I grimaced, putting the glass on the table. A wave of heat hit my body.

I am so not drinking more of that.

I picked up my hair in a ponytail because even when the place had AC everywhere, it was still pretty hot inside of here. Mainly, because the place was full.

My phone vibrated again and I checked it, expecting to see a text from Laura but it was a text from an unknown number:

‘I like your hair loose, it looks better’

I froze, reading the text over and over again. What? I looked around the mass of people but everyone was either dancing, chatting or drinking. Linda and Mike were laughing at some joke Mike had just told.

Confused, I typed a reply.

‘Who is this?’

The reply came a lot of faster than expected:

‘I’m no one, just a humble observer.’

I frowned, my eyes roaming around the club once again. Was this a joke? I was getting a little bit freaked out.

Me: Seriously, who are you?

Unknown: I am no one in your life… yet.

Me: This isn’t funny.

Unknown: I know. Don’t be afraid. I mean no harm.

Yeah right…

Me: Then tell me who you are.

Unknown: Names are not important.

Me: If you’re not going to tell me your name. Stop texting me!

Unknown: As you wish and you look cute when you frown like that.

What?

A pair of arms were wrapped around me from behind. I jumped, letting out a little shriek.

“Whoa!” Evan exclaimed in my ear, “You’re jumpy.” He sat next to me.

“Sorry, I just…” I glanced down at my phone, “You startled me, that’s all.” Evan smiled and gave me a peck. When he leaned back, he was frowning.

“You’ve been drinking?”

“Just a sip,” he gave me a disapproving look, “And I’m not drinking more of it. It tastes awful.” Evan poured some soda in a glass and handed it to me. I mouthed a thank you to him.

“Hey, Jules!” Mike called me out through the loud music, “We’re going to dance,” he raised his hand that was intertwined with Linda’s, “You wanna join us?”

“Er…” I glanced at Evan who didn’t look excited about the idea, “I think I’ll pass, maybe next song.” Mike nodded, and proceed to take Linda to the dance floor. I turned on my seat to get a better look at my boyfriend, “Not a fan of dancing, huh?”

“No, but if you want to-”

“Nope, not a fan of dancing, either.” I admitted, drinking my soda.

“Maybe we could learn together,” he offered.

“You think so? I might step on your shoes,”

He shrugged, “I’ll wear security shoes then.” I slapped his shoulder playfully. Evan glanced at somewhere at his side and gestured me to look at the dance floor where Linda and Mike were kissing each other desperately.

“Whoa! That was fast.” I said shocked.

“Seems like your cupid work is done here.” Evan commented, “Wanna get out of here?”

I grinned at him, “Sure. I told Laura to come though. She’ll be pissed if she comes and I’m not here.”

Evan got on his feet, “Then text her. I wanna talk to you in a place where I don’t have to yell or repeat things.” I agreed with him. 

I typed the perfect text for Lau:

Evan and I are back together.

Had to leave the club,

Sorry,

-J.

Her reply made me blush fiercely.

Happy 4 you!

No worries,

going with the guys anyway.

P.S Use protection.

-L

Guys?

Oh no… I really needed to get out of that place. Laura was probably coming with Jordan and Shane. And I didn’t really think Evan would be happy to see Jerkpid. Evan went out to get his car while I headed to the bathroom. Apparently, that soda had been processed quite of fast in my system. After peeping, I was fixing my t-shirt in the mirror and my hair.

I like your hair loose. It looks better.

I had completely forgotten about the freaky person sending those texts. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I hesitated to check it.

Please, let it not be creepy texter.

Well, my prayers were not answered. It was indeed another message from unknown number.

‘“Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,

That I shall say good night till it be morrow.”

I frowned. Creepy texter was quoting Shakespeare. Really? Leave it to me to have a cult, weird texter. I didn’t bother in replying, I just rushed my way of that club.

But I couldn’t shake off the feeling of being watched the entire time.

A few minutes later and visited to some Chinese restaurant, we were sitting on Evan’s car hood. We had some Chinese take-out and soda. Evan had driven all the way up to Crookwell’s big hill. It was that cliché kind of place where you can see the entire town. I guess, every place has one of those. It was cold out here but I didn’t mind. The stars looked beautiful. I was sitting crossed leg while Evan had his feet dangling in the air. I handed him his box of food, and then started eating mine. When we were done, we put the bags away. Evan was the first one to speak,

“Listen, remember I told you about my grandparent’s anniversary weeks ago?” I nodded, “Well, it’s tomorrow. You’re still going with me?” the plead in his eyes melt my heart. I knew he didn’t want to deal with seeing them by himself. I’d promised him I’d go with him and I would keep my promise.

“Of course,” relief crossed over his face, “I haven’t had the chance to buy a dress though,”

“You don’t need to worry about that. You’ll look beautiful in anything you wear,” he caressed my cheek. I blushed.

“You only say that because love blinds you,” I retorted playfully.

“Is that so?” he leaned forwards, “I have to disagree. I still remember the way my heart beat faster the first time I saw you on Skype.” His nose brushed mine, “I’ve never seen a girl looking so naturally gorgeous, you caught me off guard.”

I close the short distance between us and kissed him softly. When I pulled away, Evan was giving me genuine smile.

“What was that for?” he asked, licking his lips.

“For being so cute,” I said honestly.

He raised his hands in surrender, “I have my moments.”

“So, how did you end up being my teacher?”

“I didn’t plan it.” He replied, “My aunt got me the job.”

“I’m really happy that you’re living with your aunt now.”

“Why?” he asked curiously, “Because I’m not living with Jane anymore?” he prompted.

I chuckled, “No, that’s not the reason,” he gave me a look of disbelief, “okay, maybe partly but that’s not the main reason.”

“I know.” He said knowingly, “It actually feels good to be out of that house.”

“I can imagine.”

“It’s a temporary thing though,”

“Why?” I looked at him. He was staring up at the sky deep in thought.

“I don’t want to take advantage of her hospitality,”

“Evan…”

“She has taken care of Helen all these years. I’m so grateful for it. She has done enough for us. I don’t want to be a burden for her,”

“Evan,” I held his hand, “I’m sure that’s not the way she sees you. She’s your aunt, she’s family.”

“You really don’t wanna bring up the family thing,” he said sorrowfully. I knew he had just remembered his father. I caressed the back of his head.

“You should stay in your aunt’s house. I don’t want you going back to that house where everything happened. That’s torture for you and you know it. We’ve talked about this.”

Evan sighed, “I just…”

“You should sell the house,” Evan flinched.

“What?”

“What’s the point of keeping it? So, you can torture yourself everytime you walk through that door? I don’t think so.”

“It’s my home, Jules,” he reasoned, staring at me.

“No, it isn’t.” I shook my head, “Home is not a house. It’s not walls, ceilings and windows. It’s not something tangible. Home is something you build up with love, nice memories and happiness. It’s a feeling, it’s that great sensation of belonging somewhere.” I spoke with my heart in hand, “A house without a family, without people, is just a house, Evan.”

He gave me a sad smile, “You impress me, Jules. Sometimes, you don’t speak like you’re seventeen. And I love that about you,”

“Well, I have learned a lot from life.” I gave him a smile of my own, “And I know letting go of that place is hard but you have to do it eventually. And you’re not alone anymore, Evan. Don’t forget that,” I squeezed his hand and he raised it to kiss my knuckles.

I looked up at the sky, “Stars are so beautiful. They’re just proof the work of God.”

“You know,” he started, his breath brushing my knuckles, “I’ve never been a guy with a lot faith. Specially, after what happened with my family. But then it came a point where I didn’t think I could keep going.”  I felt tears forming in my eyes, “I was just so close to giving up, Jules. It was just not the pain, it was the guilt. It was killing me from the inside out.” He took a pause to take a deep breath, “I was so angry at God, at life, at myself. I kept picturing how happy Mom, Helen and I could have been if I hadn’t opened my mouth.”

“Evan…”

“I yelled profanities at God when I was finally giving up. I was tired of struggling my way through life. I was tired of fighting the pain, the sorrow, the guilt. I was just done. I wanted to close my eyes and never opened them again. I wanted death’s numbness. I remembered going to my town’s church in the middle of the night, drunk as fuck. I spent the entire night talking aloud in that church, hoping someone up there in the sky could hear me out. I had no energy left to keep going.” I watched him rub his face.

“I…” I really didn’t know what to say.

Evan continued, “The day after that, I met you and your cheesy novels. And it felt like God was rubbing on my face the possibility of happiness, the good side of life.” He looked at me, “You saved me. You picked my interest in life again. It was a miracle. You are my miracle, Jules. You are my foundation to believe again.” A tear escaped my eyes, “I wasn’t a man of faith until I met you, because whatever is up there in the sky sent you to me when I needed you the most.”

“That’s…” my voice broke. He wiped my tears away and held my face with both hands. His gorgeous dark eyes were looking right into mine.

“Saying I love you doesn’t cover half of the way I feel about you.” His lips brushed mine, “This is more than three words. You are more than just a feeling. You are a beautiful walking miracle, Julie Ann Jones.”

“I love you,” I said even though words didn’t seem enough after what he had just told me, “And I know those words are probably not enough but-” he kissed me, interrupting me. My heart turned warm inside my chest.

Was it possible to be so happy?

I guess it was. But remembering Evan’s words, I thanked the divine individual up there in the sky for putting me in his way. It felt like this was all planned out by someone else.

The cheesy writer and the dark poet…

The girl and the shark…

I pulled away from him but kept him close, “You and I,” I intertwined my fingers with his, “are one.”

“Until the day I die,” he promised, “And even after that.”

“For the eternity?” I whispered on his lips.

“Evermore.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 672 13
Tinh Tế Tu Yêu Giả Truyền Thuyết Thể loại:xuyên qua, thú nhân, tương lai, HE Nguồn: Hạ Nguyệt - Edit: Cáo khìn - Beta: Rồng béo Văn án: Nhan Tử Dạ là...
59.9K 1.6K 18
𝑅𝐸𝒟 𝐿𝒪𝒱𝐸 An ambitious businesswoman, Kylie delves into the world of living a hectic life in the celebrity spotlight and now dealing with datin...
547K 16K 32
Cassandra Draper was abandoned by her father at age nine. For nine years her family has struggled, Tanner her brother was taken away and hasn't seen...
471K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!