The REDS of war

By Ian_Star205

Follow the team from their adventures from Beacon and onwards. (Ps. I do not own RWBY it is owned by Rooster... More

Prolouges
Volume One Chapter One
Volume One Chapter Two
Volume One Chapter Three
Volume One Chapter Four
Volume One Chapter Five
Volume One Chapter Six
Volume One Chapter Seven
Volume One Chapter Eight
Volume One Chapter Nine (Volume one finale)
Volume Two Chapter One
Volume Two Chapter Two
Volume Two Chapter Three
Volume Two Chapter Four
Volume Two Chapter Five
Volume Two Chapter Six
Volume Two Chapter Seven
Volume Two Chapter Eight
Volume Two Chapter Nine
Volume Two Chapter Ten
Volume Two Chapter Eleven
Volume Two Chapter Twelve (Volume End.)
Volume Three Chapter One
Volume Three Chapter Two
Volume Three Chapter Three
Volume Three Chapter Four
Volume Three Chapter Five
Volume Three Chapter Six
Volume Three Chapter Seven
Volume Three Chapter Eight
Volume Three Chapter Nine (Volume End)
Crossover 3: It Gets Worse
Crossover 4: Never Too Late
Volume Four Chapter One
Volume Four Chapter Two
Volume Four Chapter Three
Volume Four Chapter Four
Volume Four Chapter Five
Volume Four Chapter Seven
Volume Four Chapter Eight
Volume Four Chapter Nine
Volume Four Chapter Ten
Volume Four Chapter Eleven (Volume End)
Volume Five Chapter One
Volume Five Chapter Two
Volume Five Chapter Three
Volume Five Chapter Four
Volume Five Chapter Five
Volume Five Chapter Six
Volume Five Chapter Seven
Volume Five Chapter Eight
Volume Five Chapter Nine (Volume End)

Volume Four Chapter Six

84 2 1
By Ian_Star205

An air horn sounds loudly. Cindy watches an offramp being lowered on the ship bearing herself, Canary Yell, Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong to allow passengers to disembark. The town has many small buildings and homes set among dunes and palm trees. The town bell that has been ringing is shown in its belfry.

The four make their way from the deck to the offramp. Blake proceeds without pause while Sun stops to look at the town. Canary meanwhile places a hand on Cindy's shoulder, she lowers her hood reveal a torn cat ear and one visibly but lowered to blend in with her black hair.

"Huh." Sun mutters watching everyone around him.

Several Faunus in summer wear meander casually at the dock, some waiting for friends or family among the new arrivals. The dock is also a commercial area, with mobile kiosks selling food and other wares. It is a relaxed atmosphere on a sunny day.

Sun is looking around while he and Blake disembark and walk through the market area together. Cindy turns to Canary who shakes his head.

"We'lol find your folks after we get Blake to hers. Trust me I'm already scared to meet you parents again." Canary shivers at the thought which earns him a slight elbow from Cindy. The two rejoin with Sun & Blake soon after.

Sun turns still watching and walking with the group. "I've never seen so many Faunus in one place!"

Blake hums. "This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are."

"Wow, sure is, uh, crowded, huh?" Sun says.

Blake nods. "Yes. Yes, it is."

Sun dodges a Faunus carrying a box. "Is it always so... cramped?"

Canary sighs. "Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped."

"What! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone!"

Canary scoffs. "It's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions."

"So, they give us a terrible island, in the corner of Remnant, to try and shut us up?" Sun asks for clarification.

"That's a pretty good summary, yeah."

"Huh. Jerks."

Blake turns back. "We try to make the best of things."

The group pause in their walk to look at the view of the town the road affords. The road they are on goes downhill and to the side, bordered by palm trees and homes that have either canvas or wood roofs. The vista of palm trees spreads out to the edge of mountainous dunes in the distance. Right in the middle of all this is a large house with an open courtyard that the road appears to lead directly to. The house is at least three stories and is the only building in the whole area with a sophisticated roof.

Canary turns to Blake. "We'll, looks like they added that library after all." Cindy nudges Canary and points to a house near the large mansion. She looks up to him pleadingly but he sighs. "Fine, but you need to be at the Belladonna's tomorrow." Canary says quietly as Cindy begins walking away. Canary turns to Blake. "We'll see you tomorrow, I've got to go meet with Cindy's parents... again." He chuckles slightly before turning and walking after Cindy.

Sun not hearing them stares at the city. "Whoa..."

"This, is Kuo Kuana." Blake says turning to Sun.

"It's... beautiful. I take it all back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave?"

Blake rolls her eyes. "That's not the point, Sun! We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else! Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome. But this island, this town, will always be a reminder that we're still not equal." Her tone softens while lowering her face. "That we're still second-class citizens."

Sun smiles putting his hand on her shoulder. "Well, hey, this guy's feeling pretty at home."

"Alright, time to go home." Blake mutters.

"Oh yeah?" Sun moves his hand to her other shoulder and pulling her in. "Which one's yours? Can you see it from here?" Sun uses his free hand like a visor to help him peer at the houses.

"Kind of."

"Is it that one?" Sun points away from Blake. "What about that tiny one down there?" He points across Blake. "I like the paintjob."

Blake takesSun's intruding arm by the wrist and directing it toward the large house. "It's... that one."

Sun stares for a second before pointing his finger at her with a questioning expression. Blake nods. Sun looks at her for a beat before taking his arm off her and stepping back. He covers the sides of his head and crouches a bit, staring wide-eyed at the house and making a comical, amazed noise.

Blake and Sun walk up the stone steps to the front door of the house. Blake hesitates when she moves to use the knocker.

"What is it?" Sun asks.

Blake struggles for a moment she lowers the knocker, and steps back. "I um... it's just been a long time since I've seen my parents."

"Well, you came all this way."

Blake takes a quick breath for courage and bangs the door knocker. It makes a loud, heavy, resonating sound on the large door. Sun stares up, stepping back while Blake politely backs away from the door a few paces.

Sun points up at the door. "Okay, if we're being honest, that's kind of intimidating."

Both Sun and Blake give a start at the sound of the door being opened. Kali Belladonna, a short, female cat Faunus is behind it, looking around at the visitors. Her ears perk and she moves the door out of the way so she can step forward when she recognizes her daughter.

Kali stares, almost in disbelief. "Blake?"

Blake awkwardly lifts her arm in greeting. "Hi, mom."

Kale steps forward and hugs her daughter. "My baby girl." Blake hesitates, uncertain for a moment, before her face gentles into a smile and she hugs her mother back.

They stand in front of open doorway. From inside the house, footsteps come closer and a shadow falls onto the carpeted entryway. Kali lets go of Blake and turns behind her at the sound of Ghira Belladonna's voice.

"Kali? Who is it?"

Ghira stand with his hands on his hips, waiting to greet the visitor. His quizzical expression changes to wide-eyed surprise, before his hands, shoulders, and face all fall in a clear, emotional reaction to the sight of his daughter come home.

Sun sees this and grins, pleased at Blake's welcome as he turns to look at how she's taking it. Blake has her hands clasped in front of her, awaiting her father's reaction. Kali has not let go, with her hands supportively on Blake's shoulder and arm.

Ghira says nothing, but smiles, clearly happy. Blake smiles back, relieved. She and Sun exchange sideways glances.

Later, Kali sets down her cup on the table. She, Ghira, Sun and Blake all sit on the floor at a square table.

"We were horrified when we heard the news. The Kingdom of Vale isn't perfect, but it certainly didn't deserve what happened. Oh, we were both so worried. Is Erin around, Pearl and Ghirlandaio have been asking about him and Canary a lot after the tournament?"

"Please, I knew the three would be fine!"

Kali scoffs. "That isn't the slightest bit true. You should have seen him pacing."

Sun smiles. "You guys have nothing to worry about. I've seen your daughter in action before! And trust me, she's got some moves!"

Blake, who was sipping from her cup while Sun spoke, abruptly lifts her head and swallows at his last choice of words. Ghira glares at the young man on his right. "And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Wukong?"

Sun freezes and slowly turns toward his host. "I... uh, well, you see sir, it's just that, you know, that she's such a good fighter and all, uh, and as a fellow fighter, I have a lot of respect for her...

Kali leans in to Blake ask quietly. "Why is he here again?"

"Canary invited him with he and Cindy."

Sun continues his ramble under the intense glare of the male Belladonna. "...because of her fighting. Not her looks. I mean, not to say she's not good-looking. She is! Very! Or..."

Kali hums. "I see. Where is Canary and Cindy?"

"They went to g9 visit her parents, Canary said he'll drop by tomorrow before looking for Pearl & Mr. Eclipse, Erin apparently asked for him to do so while he's recovering." Blake answers her mother.

Sun frantic rambling continues. "...slightly, I mean she's definitely above average. I mean, uh..." Sun struggles for words as all three Belladonnas watch him and wait for him to either get out of the hole he just talked himself into or keep digging. In the awkward silence, Sun uses his tail to pick up the tea kettle and pour some more tea into his cup. "This tea is really good. (sipping) Heh-uh."

Kali leans over again, not quite quietly enough for an aside. "I like him."

Blake turns to her mother her ears dropping. "Mom!"

The loud sound of the front door knocker resonates, catching everyone's attention. "Darn it, I completely forgot about the meeting!" Ghirla says  standing. Ghira hits his fist onto the table and Kali quickly covers it with her hand.

"Ghira..."

Ghira sighs. "Give me a moment." He gets up and walks out.

Blake turns to her mother confused. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, dear, just poor timing. He can reschedule. It's just been hard dealing with them lately."

"Dealing with who?"

Kali sips her tea. "Hmm? The White Fang."

Sun & Blake rise to their feet. "WHAT?!"

Blake and Sun rush to the door, where Ghira is speaking with two fox Faunus, Corsac Albain and Fennec Albain. The two visitors maintain respectful, formal postures, keeping their hands clasped before them.

"Dad!"

"Blake, what's wrong?"

Corsac reacts surprised though he hides it well. "Miss Belladonna."

"We had no idea you'd returned." Fennec says.

Every time either one of the two Albain brothers speaks, they gesture with their hands and end with clasping their hands before their chests again.

"What are you doing talking to these people?"

"This is Corsac and Fennec Albain. They represent the White Fang here in Menagerie now."

Sun's eyes widen. "Those psychos are here, too?!"

"Young man, I'm not sure what you've heard of our organization, but I can assure you, we're not nearly as ferocious as the media would have you believe."

"What we've heard? We've seen firsthand. Your fanatics slaughtered people." A voice speaks behind the brothers. Canary and Cindy stand next to each other.

Ghira sees Canary and immediately turns to the Albanian brothers. !What is he talking about?"

"Precisely what we came to discuss with you, Your Grace."

"Is everything alright?" Kali says approaching.

Sun turns. "Wait, you guys seriously don't know?"

Ghira clenches his fist. "Know what?"

"The White Fang was at the Fall of Beacon. They attacked innocent civilians and they released Grimm into the school. Adam Taurus attacked my understudy, you should recognize his name Erin Eclipse." Canary explains glaring at the brothers.

There is a brief silence. Fennec makes an innocent, sideways glance at his brother. Ghira slowly turns to face the two White Fang representatives.

"Is this true?"

Fennec bows. "Sadly, Your Grace, it is."

"Don't act like you're s—!" Blake starts but is stopped by her father.

"That's enough!" Blue turns to the Albains. "Explain yourselves."

"Though it pains us to admit, it has become apparent that the Vale branch of the White Fang is no longer operating under orders of High Leader Khan. Rather, they've elected to follow the rule of one Adam Taurus. I believe you're all familiar with the young adept and his... extreme philosophies."

"You know, Beacon wasn't the first time the Fang started shooting up Vale."  Canary crosses his arms walking closer.

"The High Council had their suspicions of a splinter group, but they could prove nothing until this latest incident."

"Bullshit, Eclipse and I sent the evidence years ago, the high council ignored our warnings."

""Incident"? People are dead!" Blake roars.

Corsac nods. "And it is a tragedy."

"Your Grace, we came to assure you that Brother Taurus and his followers do not represent the will of the White Fang."

"And how can I be sure of that?"

Corsac closes his eyes. "We understand if you bear any skepticism towards these claims. The White Fang's tactics are admittedly, more aggressive since you stepped down as High Leader and became Chieftain of Menagerie. But this, this is no way to make our message heard."

"We have ample documentation from the council meeting, as well as several strategies to apprehend and punish these strays if you care to review them."

Ghira sighs. "I will, but another day. I'd like some time to reconnect with my daughter. And friends." His gaze turns to Canary who's flanked by Cindy as well as a man in his mid-late 30's and a young girl in her pre-teens.

Corsac nods. !But of course, Your Grace."

"We completely understand. It was a pleasure to see you again, young Blake, Ex-Captain Canary."

"We were saddened when we heard of your departure from the White Fang, but understand if you can no longer support our cause."

"It is a wearying fight, after all."

Blake and Canary both retort. "Who says I'm done fighting?"

"Hmm... If you ever do wish to return, you need merely come find us."

"Sisters Ilia and Verona would be elated."

Ghira watches them walk away. "Goodbye, gentlemen."

Canary and Co. enter the house before Ghira firmly closes the door on them. Kali moves to stand closer and face her husband while Blake walks off.

"So... those guys were creepy." Sun says.

"The brothers Albanian, bunch of pricks." Canary complains.

"Yes, so was their father." The man says.

"I didn't think I'd hear that from you, Jaden."

The man, in green regalia chuckles. "Yeah, well being out of the Fang has helped open my eyes boss."

"Father, are we gonna be here all day? And where's Erin?" His daughter a girl also dressed in green and grey looks up at him.

"Erin hasn't recovered from the Fall of Beacon yet. I'm sure he'll visit us when he can sweetie."

"Okay." She yawns, clearly tired despite it already being three in the afternoon.

Outside, the two brothers descend the steps, perfectly in sync and their formally clasped hands. Corsac, however, is now using the prayer posture that Fennec had been using all along.

"An interesting development, wouldn't you say?"

Corsac nods. "Interesting indeed."

"So, shall we inform Brother Adam?"

"Oh, we shall. Though it seems brother Erin isn't here, perhaps he's still in Vale."

They exchange unsettling grins.

Chapter End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 406 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
61.4K 527 46
this is about a student in beacon about to confess his feelings to the rwby how will they react to it well find out in the story disclaimer i do not...
4.3K 36 16
4 RWBY characters I made inserted into the story line of the show, I do not own RWBY all rights go to Rooster Teeth and the late Monty Oum
10.4K 160 27
"I will protect them, no matter what, even if it means burning the entire remnant to the ground, i will protect them, this is a promise" "This is My...