Ninjago - One-shots and short...

By MasterofCupcakes

A collection of Ninjago one-shots and short stories (2-4 chapters). Canon characters and ships only. No x OC... More

Scars // platonic Jay x Cole
In His Head // Zane and P.I.X.A.L.
At Your Most Beautiful // Jay x Nya
Perfect Match // Jay x Nya
His Final Wish
Movie Night / Part 1 // Jay x Nya
Cliff's Closet (Movie Night / Part 2)
Camping Trip // Jay x Nya
A/N: Jay's Costumes from 'Movie Night'
Never Again // Jay x Nya
Day of the Dareth
Meeting the Parents (times two) // Jay x Nya
Weekend for Four (Part 1) // Jay x Nya and Kai x Skylor (*)
A Ghost of a Chance // Jay x Cole
How I met your Mother // Nya
Weekend for Four / Part 2 (*)
Old enemies, new friends // Kai x Skylor
Weekend for Four / Part 3 (*)
Weekend for Four / Part 4 (*)
The Proposal // Jay x Nya (*)
Apologies // Jay x Nya (*)
The Morning before the Wedding // Jay x Nya (*)
First Love // Kai x Skylor (AU)
To Have and To Hold // Jay x Nya (*)
Something Blue (Part 1) // Jay x Nya (*)
Something Blue (Part 2) (*)
Something Blue (Part 3) (*)
Something Blue (Part 4) (*)
Something Blue - Deleted Scene (*)
Changes // Kai x Skylor (*)
Breaking the News // Jay x Nya (*)
Here With Me // Jay x Nya
Breaking the News / Part 2 (*)
Texting...
Ninjago TNG - Sneak Peek
Together again
Zapped // Jay x Nya (*)
Big Brother, Little Sister // Ray, Maya, Kai & Nya
Cupid's Helpers (Part 1) // Kai x Skylor and Jay x Nya
Cupid's Helpers (Part 2)
The Blue Suitcase // Jay x Nya
The Blue Suitcase (Part 2)
Sick Day // Jay x Nya
Cupid's Helpers (Part 3)
Cupid's Helpers (Part 4)
Sick Day (Part 2)
Bedtime Story
Happy St Patrick's Day ☘️
The Ones That Got Away
Switched (Part 1) // Jay x Nya and Kai x Skylor
Switched (Part 2)
Switched (Part 3)
Lightning and Thunderblade (Part 1) // Jay x Nya
Lightning and Thunderblade (Part 2)
Lightning and Thunderblade (Part 3)
Day of the Returned (Part 1)
Four Hearts and Two Crowns (AU) // Jay x Nya and Cole x Seliel
An Acquired Taste // Jay x Nya
Without You // Jay x Nya
Like Family // Together Again (Part 2)
Together Again (Part 3)
A Quiet Echo // Harumi and Mr E
Together again (Part 4)
Meeting Abby // TNG
Exciting News // TNG
Out of Time // Sneak Peak
Kai's Birthday (Part 1)
Family Reunion // TNG
Gasp...
Festivi-Teas (A/N) - Updated!
Tutoring (Part 1) // Jay x Nya (AU)
My Phoenix // Jay x Nya (TNG)
Chuck's Return // Wu's Teas
My Mistake // Nya & Kai
Yin & Yang // Jay x Nya
Valentine's Misunderstandings // Jay x Nya (Movie)
After The End
The Best Worst Holiday // Jaya (AU)
Traditional // Zane x PIXAL
Run (Nya x Jay)
Five Times // Jaya (show)
A New Journey // Jaya (AU)
Forest of the Fairies // PIXane (AU)
Of Mochas and Markers // Jaya (AU)
A Royal Encounter // Jaya (AU)
Would you like to exit Prime Empire?
Flump Sho(r)ts / Part I
Of Chocolate Cake and Second Chances // Jaya (AU)
Flump Sho(r)ts // Part II
Day of the Departed // Jaya
Dareth's Dating Disaster // Kailor (AU)
Long Way Down (Part 1) // Jaya (AU)
Long Way Down (Part 2) // Jaya (AU)
Long Way Down (Part 3) // Jaya (AU)
Secret Santa // Jaya
Once Bitten, Twice Shy, And Three Times is The Charm
Céad Míle Fáilte // Jaya (AU)

Sick Day (Part 3)

1.7K 45 37
By MasterofCupcakes

This one is for you, bear2710 - hope you're gonna feel better soon !!!

Sick Day (Part 3)

Opening her eyes, Nya rolled onto her side, expecting to see her husband still fast asleep on this Wednesday morning. Yet, despite the very early hour, the bed next to her was already empty.

Nya smiled. Jay was just too sweet and caring. Even though the Master of Water was feeling a lot better again after having been down with a nasty cold, her husband was still trying to give her as much rest as possible. So, he would get up extra early, get the kids ready by himself, and take them to playgroup on the way to work, while his wife was allowed to sleep in. And Nya could not deny that sleeping in was something that she enjoyed very much - even when she wasn't sick.

The Master of Water closed her eyes again, snuggling into her warm duvet. She was just about to drift back to sleep when she heard the sound of someone throwing up from the next room.

Worried, the black-haired young woman got out of her bed and walked into their en-suite bathroom, where she found Jay crouching over the toilet, loudly emptying the contents of his stomach.

"Hey." She said softly. "Are you alright?"

Jay briefly glanced at her, giving her the 'Does this look like I'm alright?' look before he quickly turned his head back to the white porcelain bowl.

Nya sat down on the side of the bathtub and gently rubbed his back while he kept throwing up, just as he would always do for her - and Nya had been sick a lot when she had been pregnant with both their children.

Speaking of whom...

"Daddy sick?" Hearing the voice of two year old son, Nya turned her head to see her two kids standing in the doorway, watching their father with a mix of worry and curiosity.

"Maybe he ate too many cookies." Four-year old Abigail suggested.

"No, I'm afraid your daddy really is sick." Nya replied.

"Tol' ya." Robbie proudly said to his sister.

Having finished, Jay plopped onto the floor, panting.

"Ugh, I hate being sick." He groaned, leaning back against the bathtub while Nya flushed the toilet.

"My poor baby." She ran her hand through his sticky auburn hair. "You're hot." She noticed.

"I know." He gave her a lopsided smile. "But not in front of the kids, hun."

"Don't worry, I am not at all tempted to even kiss you right now." She grinned. "But seriously, you're burning up."

Nya then turned to her daughter. "Kids, can you please get me a washcloth?"

"Sure." Abigail beamed at her mother. She and her brother disappeared from the doorway and could be heard opening the drawers of their parents' wardrobe in the master bedroom.

"I've been meaning to tidy up the wardrobe anyway..." Nya remarked. She flashed her sick husband a little smile. "What's the matter with you, darling?"

"I already wasn't feeling too great when I woke up this morning." Jay explained. "But it wasn't this bad - just a sore throat and a bit of a headache - so I still got up and went to take a shower. But that made my headache get a lot worse and I suddenly felt dizzy, and then..." He shrugged. "Well, you've heard the rest. Sorry I woke you and the kids."

"Are you serious?" Nya put her hands on her hips. "You are the one who is sick and yet you apologise for waking us up?"

Before the auburn haired man could reply, the children came bouncing back into the bathroom, each of them carrying a few of the requested items.

"Here, mummy." They presented them to their mother.

"Thanks, sweetheart." Nya took all the washcloths from her kids and, using her elemental powers, moistened them before wiping Jay's sweaty forehead with one of them.

"Sounds like you've caught the same bug the children and me had last week. Just that none of us had decided to ignore it and tried going to work, making things even worse... Now, let's get you back to bed." Gripping his arm, she helped him stand up and get back to their bedroom. Even after two children, the female Ninja and ex-Samurai was still a strong woman and more than capable of supporting her husband's weakened body.

"Lay down, darling." She instructed him. "You've taken care of me when I was sick, now it's my turn to take care of you. Try to get some more sleep and let me deal with the two monkeys. And I'll call Mr Borg and tell him that you're out sick, before I'll take them to crèche." She gave the shivering pale man a concerned look. "You think you're gonna throw up again?"

"No, it should be okay, lying down definitely helps." He replied. "And I'm sure I'll be totally fine to get up again in a minute or so. I really can't miss work, we have a meeting this afternoon to plan the launch and presentation of our new Borg Pad Pro models next week."

At that moment, Abby and Robert jumped into the bed.

"Ugh..." Jay groaned as the mattress wobbled under their weight. "Okay, I think I do have to call in sick today..."

"Careful, you two." Nya told their children. "You don't want to make daddy get sick again. And I'm gonna get you a bucket, whether you want it or not."

"Poor daddy." The girl rubbed her father's back, just as she had seen her mother do earlier, while the small boy snuggled into him. "Yes, poor sick daddy." He agreed.

-

When she returned to their home after dropping the kids off at daycare and doing some shopping, Nya carefully went upstairs to check on her husband. And this time, Jay was fast asleep, snoring lightly and hugging his pillow while Robbie's blue teddy bear was watching over him from Nya's bed. And luckily, it looked like he had not been sick again.

She quietly went back downstairs and prepared a light snack for Jay, some tea and brown toast with a bit of butter and jam – something her mother-in-law had recommended to Nya for this kind of occasion. Whenever he was sick, her husband was usually unbearable and refused to eat pretty much everything else.

When she again entered the bedroom carrying the tray with the food, Jay was awake, looking at her with glassy eyes.

"Hey." Nya smiled, placing the tray on the nightstand. "How are you feeling?" She asked softly.

"Been better." He replied in an annoyed voice. "But nothing a Ninja can't handle."

"Glad to hear that." Nya carefully sat down on the side of the bed. "I've brought you something to eat."

Jay slowly sat up, leaning his back and head against the wall. "Not hungry." He muttered.

"But you need to try to eat just a little bit." His wife told him. She smirked. "Edna says so too."

"That's not fair, Nya." Jay complained. "Bringing my mum into this..."

"Only because we all want you to get better soon." Nya gently kissed his warm cheek. "Because we love you."

"Not sure about that." Jay mumbled, carefully nibbling on a slice of toast.

"What happened to your power of positive thinking?" Nya asked.

Jay shrugged. "Must have left it at work last night."

"Oh, I should have asked PIXAL to send it here, when I spoke to her on the phone." Nya joked. "She wishes you a speedy recovery and says not to worry about the meeting, it was cancelled anyway. Zane isn't in today either, he needs to take care of Zara." Zara was Zane and PIXAL's three year old Nindroid daughter.

"She's sick as well?" Jay asked between taking sips from his tea.

Nya nodded. "Yes, seems to be the same bug from what she's told me; I assume all our kids have caught it at crèche - and then passed it onto their parents." Her brother and sister-in-law had just gone through the same as well.

"At least Zane and PIX should be fine." The Lightning Master remarked. "But I still don't understand why they've chosen to have a robot child that can get sick."

"Because they've wanted to experience family life exactly the same way the rest of us do." Nya smiled at him. "The good and the bad aspects of it."

"Achoo." Jay sneezed. "This is definitely not one of the good moments."

"But, I have some good news for you." His wife told him. "I met Skylor at the crèche this morning, and she has offered to collect Abby and Robbie. They can have lunch at her and Kai's place and even stay for the afternoon and have a playdate with Mattie and Amber. Which means." She winked at him. "Nurse Nya is all yours."

"Do you remember when you were sick on the weekend?" Jay asked. "What was the first thing you asked me for when I said the same to you?"

"I've asked you for the box of tissues..."

"Yeah, could you please pass that one to me, sweetheart?"

"Of course." Nya laughed. "Here you go." She handed him the box and Jay took a tissue to blow his nose. "You wanna come downstairs with me and lie down on the sofa?"

"Only if I get to cuddle with Nurse Nya."

"That sounds like a great plan." Nya smiled. "That has really helped me get better, too. Unfortunately, that's probably when I got you sick."

"Well, good thing you already had this virus." Jay said. "Because you are my best medicine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673K 33.8K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
201K 19.4K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...