Broken Pieces {E.D.}

By ddolantwins847

Autumn Kingg, an 18 year old senior, goes to a party and realizes that people see right through her, through... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
PLEASE READ
SEQUEL

45

4.9K 164 155
By ddolantwins847

Ethan and Graysons Graduation:

I sat in my room, the outfit I was planning on wearing was draped across my bed.

A blue and white striped romper.

I was nervous to go. The last thing Ethan has said to me is that he had something for me at the ceremony.

I was eager, the anticipation was literally eating me alive.

I looked in the mirror, curling the edges of my hair to apply a little volume to my otherwise flat hair.

My phone started buzzing and I looked down, Graysons name appearing across the top of the screen.

I reached down and accepted, confusion in my voice as I spoke, "Hello?"

"Hey!" I could hear his friendly smile in the tone of his voice. "You're still coming right?"

I nodded before realizing he couldn't see me, "Yeah. I'm getting ready now." I wrapped more hair around the curling wand.

"What?" He sounded slightly disappointed, "Party started half an hour ago!"

"I know! But I didn't want to be the first person to show up. Besides I already did my makeup, I just have to finish my hair and get dressed."

He stayed silent.

"Gray, I promise you. I'll be there."

"Good." He sounded happier, "Ethan has been lowkey looking around for you. I'll ask him what's wrong and he says its nothing, but I know."

I looked in the mirror, my reflection staring sadly back at me. "Gray, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Good! Now go finish your hair and come party!" He hung up.

I finished curling my hair, my heart feeling heavy when I think of Ethan.

This is his day, his day to celebrate finally being done with highschool, and his mind is on me.

My mind is always on him too.

I wonder if I ever leave his mind.

He never leaves mine.

And it kills me.

I went over to my bed, putting on the romper and adjusting the straps and chest area.

I picked up the two gifts, one for Grayson, one for Ethan.

For Grayson, a cookbook, an acai bowl cookbook, and a giftcard to gucci.

The giftcards are what definantly broke my bank account.

For Ethan, a journal, good ink pens, and a new camera, and a gucci giftcard for him.

He writes, so the Journal is for him to tell his stories through. The camera, he can take pictures and write about the sights. That was something Grayson had slipped to me awhile ago.

I made my way downstairs, both bags in my hand. My mom stopped me, looking at my romper.

"Where are you going?"

"Grayson and Ethans." I slid on my white sandals.

"Wearing that?"

"It's a summer romper," I started.

"That's really no way to win Ethan back."

I took a deep breath, looking away from her. I didn't want to open my mouth and speak. I didn't want to say anything I'd regret.

I shook my head slightly, walking out the front door, letting it slam behind me.

My silence and door slam an answer to what I truly felt about her opinion.

Cars were lining the street which surprised me because the party was only about forty five minutes in.

I started walking down to their house, spotting Jules and Dylan playing cornhole in the front yard.

"Hey!" Dylan waved, causing Jules to turn around and smile at me.

"Hey girl!" Jules grinned as I walked over to them, her arms wrapping around me in a hug.

"Hey." I smiled slightly.

"Autumn!" Grayson was turning the corner from the backyard into the front yard, "Finally!" He came and hugged me.

His striped gucci t-shirt and black shorts made me really glad I got the giftcard.

"Of course!" I hugged him, "Congratulations on graduation!"

He laughed, "Aw thanks!" He was radiating happiness, I could feel it. "We have a ton of food. Please, please, please, eat."

I nodded. "For sure."

Dylan looked over at me. "The foods so good, I've had two plates since I got here."

Jules shook her head laughing.

I made my way inside, setting the bags down underneath the table by their card box.

"Autumn!" Lisa smiled, running over to me, embracing me in a hug.

Ethans POV:

"Autumn!" My mom called.

I turned around, spotting my mom, Autumn in her arms.

She looked stunning, the stripes on her romper two gorgeous colors up against her summer tan that was starting.

She smiled at my mom, but the smile wasn't as genuine as the smiles I saw.

The smiles before we lost eachother.

I watched as she got a plate, putting her favorites on there.

I'd be lying to myself if I didn't plan some of our food around Autumns prefrences.

As she looked for a place to sit, I took my chance.

I went over to her, rubbing my slightly sweaty palms against my yellow striped gucci shirt.

"Hey." I said softly, her beautiful, broken eyes turning their gaze to me.

"Hey." She smiled softy at me, "Congratulations."

"Thanks." I laughed slightly, "Hey can I uh, can we," I shook my head at myself. I was sounding like an idiot trying to form the words I needed. "Can we maybe go up to my room. I have something for you. You can bring your food."

This girl gave me butterflies, she made me stumble on my words and my stomach do backflips.

"Sure." She started walking toward the gift table. "I can give you your gift too." She picked up the blue bag with yellow tissue paper sticking out. "It's better to give this to you in private too."

I smiled, "I'd love that."

We started to go upstairs, but my mom stopped us. "Where are you guys going? There's plenty of places to eat!" She pointed to Grayson and the squad, sitting around the table on the deck. "Go sit with them!"

Grayson and I made eyecontact and I watched as he got up from the table.

I mentally groaned, "I have to set what Autumn got me upstairs."

"Hey!" Grayson came over, "You guys comin?" He sipped from his red solo cup.

"Yeah." I nodded at Autumn. "We can do this later."

"Take it upstairs quickly." My mom turned to Autumn, "C'mon!" She walked away, taking Autumn over to the group.

"What are you doing later?" Grayson raised an eyebrow at me.

"I have something for her." I shrugged. "That letter. I hope to get her back with it."

He nodded, looking down at the bag. "Well hurry up. This is your party too."

"I know." I went upstairs, setting the bag down on my bed.

Autumns POV:

Lisa took me outside to the table, "Do you need a drink sweetheart?" She asked as I sat down beside Jules.

"Oh I can get one!" I insisted getting back up.

"No!" She put her hands out to stop me. "I got it! Pink lemonade?"

"Please." I sat back down, smiling at Lisas kindness.

"Took you long enough!" Dylan teased.

"Shut it." I laughed, taking a bite out of my salad.

Grayson came back out and sat down with us, "I'm back!"

As the night went on, we all sat around and talked about highschool and the future we'd all be having at UCLA.

Ethan and Grayson sat with us too, occassionally getting up when their family would be coming in or leaving the party.

Ethan and I exchanged glances back and fourth at eachother.

My heart yearning for him. I missed him more than anything.

As the night fell, we all went and sat around the fire.

"I'm literally so excited for college." Jules smiled. "I know we talked about this already and all, but I'm ready."

"Me too." Grayson laughed, "We're going to have so much fun."

Jules, Alice, and I were all dorming together.

There's also going to be another girl with us, but we haven't gotten any details yet.

Dylan, Grayson, and Ethan were all dorming together as well.

They'd also be getting a fourth roommate.

"Have you guys learned your roommate?" Ethan asked.

"No." Alice frowned, "The sooner the better though at this point."

I was sitting next to Ethan, the smell of his cologne mixed with the smell of the fire. A heady mix.

I set my drink down on the table, Ethans hand placing over mine and intertwining our fingers.

I didn't say anything, I took in the feeling of his hand in mine.

I missed it more than anything.

I missed his touch.

I missed him.

"Hey." I looked over at him, watching as his eyes gazed to mine. "Want to open your gift now."

He nodded, not hesistating to get up. "We'll be back."

Dylan nodded, "Be careful you too."

"Shut up!" Jules swatted his chest.

Grayson laughed, sending a look to Ethan. The look almost looked like a reassuring one.

As we made our way upstairs, Ethans hand never left mine. I never complained.

I sat down on his bed. His room smelled like his natural scent and cologne and to say I missed it was an understatement.

"Here." I smiled, handing him the bag.

He looked down at it before taking the card out.

"Gucci?" He smirked slightly, holding the giftcard in his hands.

I laughed, "I know it's your favorite."

He smiled as he pulled out the journal, then the camera. "No way..." His mouth fell open in slight awe as he moved the camera around in his hands.

"You can take photos and write about them." I couldn't help but smile at his good reaction.

"Autumn.." He set the camera down next to him. "This is amazing. Thank you." His arms wrapped around me, pulling me to him. "I can't get over this. Seriously, I have no words."

I hugged him back, smiling. "I'm glad you like it."

"I love it." He pulled away from me, his eyes searching mine.

His eyes were so broken. So sad.

Even in a time of happy like he was now, his eyes still looked so broken.

"I miss you." I whispered.

"I miss you more than I can express." He whispered back. "I have this," He leaned over to his bedside table, pulling an envelope out. "for you."

I took it into my hands, my finger running over my name so beautifully printed across the front of the envelope.

"Read it now." He looked from the envelope up to my eyes, "And say you'll take me back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 1K 25
⚠️COMPLETE⚠️ BOOK 2: SEQUEL to "A Game" • Sally and Grayson have been in a really good relationship for couple years.. what will happen when he start...
311K 8.9K 46
[ COMPLETED ] in which a girl loses someone dear to her life and falls into depression, shutting her best friend, ethan, out in the process. ethan tr...
5.8K 34 45
Her and her friends were moving to new jersey! Her neighbors are twins. Summer, one of her best friends, falls in love with the Ethan Dolan. Grayson...
16K 375 23
Ethan Dolan thought he had his whole life figured out...until tragedy struck. After many physical and mental challenges, he finally begins to put his...