The Rose

By DawnOfTheAgez

Being one of the only mortals left on the earth Roselyn Williams has been on the run from hundreds of creatur... More

Chapter two: New Home
Chapter three A garden of questions
Chapter Four: The Bite
Chapter five: the deal
Chapter Six: Betrayal and Secrets
chapter seven: Exploration and Learning
Chapter eight: Caged animals
Chapter 9: The Festival
Chapter 10: The Preporations
Chapter 11: Do You Trust Me?
Chapter Twelve: Compramises
Chapter thirteen: No Mercy
Chapter fourteen: the paths that forged futures
Chapter fifteen: Pirate Encounter
Chapter Sixteen: Offering to the Gods
Chapter Seventeen: The dead woods
Chapter eighteen: Prisoner within safety
Chapter nineteen- Warning
Chapter Twenty: Brewing Storm
Chapter 21 take over
Chapter 22: To save her, to punish her
Chapter 23: Fragile as a Flower
Chapter 24: Washing Away the Pain.
chapter 25. In the Den of a Wolf
Chapter 26: Together again
Chapter 27 The Questions
Chapter 28: The Killing Blow
Chapter 29: All good things come to an End
A/N
update info
Fanart of The Rose
Wattys 2019!!
Runner Up winner in WAWA

-Chapter One- Caught and Sold

3.3K 77 54
By DawnOfTheAgez

Roselyn hid behind the large crates on the docks. The smell of the sea wafted into her nose as she shivered. The night sky was star sprinkled and the sound of speaking could be heard.

"I swear I saw her." Said a gruff voice. "The red haired mortal. If this damned wind would stop I would be able to smell her out."

"I swear if this is another false alarm I am going to actually snap your neck." Growled back a lighter voice.

"I swear it this time it isn't a false alarm. I swear it, by the river of Styx I swear I am not telling a lie." The gruff voice argued back.

"You better or I won't have to kill you, that swear will." Said the softer voice back.

Roselyn straightened her posture as she listened. She turned around and crawled towards a hole in the building, her sparkling blue eyes with golden flecks scanned the area. That's when the dog came.

It's silky black coat bounced as it ran towards her, his dark red eyes looked at her like its next meal. She yelped as it sniffed her.

Hound of the mortal catcher.

She crawled faster but soon it snapped at her ankles. She cried out her soft voice breaking the silence of the night. The crashing of the waves had stopped. It jumped in her way blocking the entrance into the shipyard saloon.

"Leave me alone mutt." She cried. A moment later the dog began to bark louder and louder. She let out a cry as she got up and began to run. The dog was on her heel it's sharp blood stained teeth were bared.

She realized it wasn't going to actually touch her, whoever wanted her wanted her unharmed. She jumped over two boxes then tripped over a smaller third. She scrapped her knee and palms.

Tears welled up threatening to fall as the hell dwelling dog snapped its jaws on her rag clothing. She shuttered in her spot, the dogs strength was otherworldly. She let out another yelp as blood began to run down her knee. The maroon liquid beaded up leaving a streak down her pale leg.

Within seconds the mortal catcher stood over her, his orange eyes lit up with excitement. He wore a uniform made of velvet materiel, his dark hair under a hat with the letter M embroidered on the lid.

"You are defiantly the catch of the day. Little rose." He said in a singsong way. He kneeled down his hand caressing her cheek. He smiled and two fangs glistened in the moonlight.

He grabbed her leg lifting it up towards his face. He took a long time consuming sniff letting out a slight moan. He licked her wound as the hound panted holding her in her spot even though she struggled to stand.

"Devine really dear," He said with a chuckle. He took another lick then dropped her leg. "For something so beautiful your rag clothing distracts from that." He said snapping his finger, he stood up with graceful speed and posture. She looked up at him confused, her face was becoming tear stained.

Another minute went by, the sound of hooves on the pavement was heard as a two pitch black horse with mains of fire came into view. They were pulling a cage made of silver.

She began to struggle once again as she saw it. No no no. She thought in her head. If she was taken she would be sold off to the highest bidder, whatever bought her wouldn't be human.

As the horses came to a stop the vampire let out a laugh. "We have been searching for you for as long as you've been alive dead little rose. 18 years on this planet and only now have we found you. Tell you what, I won't tell anyone if you give me a kiss." He said as he turned back to her and kneeled. She spit in his face.

"I would rather die then kiss you, or any of your kind." She cried out. He let out a snarl as he stood grabbing her by her long red hair. Her eyes grew wide with panic as he tossed her into the back of the cage. He picked up the hellspawn of a dog and set it in with her.

"Keep your eyes on her." He snapped to the mutt. It barked it's reply as it sat down it's snake tail wagging in understanding. He slammed the only exit shut and locked the door. He took his seat on one of the flaming horses and snapped her fingers and soon the cage to her slavery began to move.

She banged her hands on the bars but knew she was already lost to the outside world. As the cage began to make its way towards the city her panic began to rise. She had never entered within the bustling town knowing if she did she would be found, taken, raped, or killed.

As she was paraded to the auction hall hundreds of creatures watched her with hungry eyes. Mortals on leashes gasped having heard of her existence.

Not many mortals were still alive, and even less were living in the shadows. Those that did still live were pets of the rich.

She let out a cry as she saw young children running beside her cage. "Mommy mommy it's the red haired human." They called as they ran beside her.

She seemed to be famous to the monster world. She sat back against the bars letting sobs escape her. She knew she was, she had been found by many creatures, yet every time she was able to escape. However this night she wasn't on her game.

She had gone more days then usual without eating. Her normal weight was usually 110 for a 5' 3 18 year old but at the current moment it was 80 and she was dwindling.

She finally let herself pass out, she had been going for far to long. When she woke she was tied down to a metal table, her body was cold, she looked down at herself, she realized she was in skimpy purple lingerie.

"No..." another sob escaped her lips. She wouldn't let herself go this way. She looked around to see a man walk in. "Let me go!" She cried.

"You may end up enjoying this more then you think." He began his grey eyes looking her over. "You're extremely underweight and you are beautiful, you could easily look much better with a master with money."

"You think I care about my looks? Are you insane?!" She cried. "Let me go!"

"You're healthy, looking fine, just underweight. So darling let's get you on your stand."

"Stand what stand?" She asked.

He chuckled his dark features seemingly growing lighter with his laughter. "The place you'll stand while you're being bought. Auctioned off."

"No, you p..things are insane!" She cried as she tried to stand. The chains pulled her back onto the table. He chuckled and wheeled her out onto a stage. She was unhooked from the table. She took her chance and went to run when his arms caught her around the waist as she attempted to jump.

"You're not going to go far." He said with a hiss, his snake like tongue licked under her chin as he placed a purple lace collar around her neck and attached it to a rolling stand in the middle of the stage. Her hands were chained to the stage by long distance chains.

She shuttered in fear as he laughed walking off the stage the table wheeling off on its own.

She let out a scream. Suddenly two hands were running through her hair. "Don't worry we just need to do it." Said a soft female voice.

"Please please let me out of here." Roselyn begged. Her eyes grew wide in fear as two green skinned women stepped out from behind her. "Oh..my...go-"

"Save it girl." The lighter of the two said as they went back behind her and braided her crimson red hair. Her hair was longer to the small of her back. It was well taken care of considering her circumstances. "All done." The women called. A man in a suit stepped out of the shadows.

He smiled. "Excellent call in the buyers." Soon the empty room was bustling with creatures of all species. The richest of the rich were seated staring at her. She was scared, fear was taking control of her. "Alright lets get this started. Now to explain the product."

The man with the suit grabbed her left arm and began to talk about her. "Red hair, blue eyes with gold flecks, the infamous Rose. Roselyn Williams age 18. 5' 3 and human. Little underweight but healthy and a Virgin for those that care. Her blood type is 0- and she has never had a boyfriend before. Also for those who want to know she is yes afraid."

A few whistled at the mention of her fear. She didn't know why that was important. She looked over the crowd as the number for her became larger and larger. Finally after four hours of raised prices her final price came out to

$12,000,000.53

She couldn't believe her ears. That couldn't be what she was worth. She wasn't worth that much to anyone.

The buyer stepped forward.

The oldest son of the vampire royals. Draco De Mills. He smiled as he headed up to claim his winnings.

The other bidders began to make packs saying she would become theirs, other began to devise plans to take her.

Draco took her leash and took her out to his limousine. She fought back the entire time pulling back on the leash.

"Stop stop please let me go!" She cried as she pulled on her once again.

"No. You're staying with me now. You'll be safe this way." He said his blue eyes sparkling. He looked down at her. He was six foot and muscular while she was skinny and short. "Most mortals would be excited about being in a safe place." He ran a hand though his dark brown hair.

He snickered. "You'll stay safe with me. I swear it I will protect you."

She looked up in surprise. He smiled and his fangs glistened. He helped her into his car. "You'll learn the ropes. Rules come tomorrow tonight you'll sleep. Get some rest and food." He said with a smile. She sat down and then he took the leash off her collar.

"What...why did you take it off?"

"You'll only have to wear it in public." He said softly and pulled her into his arms. She let out a squeak. He chuckled. "Silly little mouse."

"Mouse?"

"You're short and cute. Mouse." He replied with another smile as he wrapped his arms around her. "Go on sleep."

"You won't bite me will you?"

"Not unless you ask me to." He replied. "Now sleep."

She nodded and let out a yawn. She fell asleep within minutes.

He smiled. She was his now, she would be his always and he would kill anyone who stood in the way of him having her even if that meant by the end of it the two of them would be the only ones left on the planet.

Her new life was about to start, and he was going to help her with all she needed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 7.6K 21
Only 18 and her dad gave her up for slavering. She knew it would happen but not today. There she was standing there actually wishing to go back home...
250 12 27
A young girl named Rose is one of the most popular girls in school. At least in the eyes of most of the boys on campus. However even though this is t...
217 0 26
I inhaled her scent, making sure she wasn't on anything that I wouldn't want in my system, letting the sweet scent of her blood call to my hidden fan...
164K 6.2K 20
Rose is the only female in the pack that hasn't been mated yet. At the age of thirty-two she spends her nights tending the bar at the pack's strip cl...