Popularity Passed Down(EDITIN...

By CrazyKids1998

Popularity Passed Down- High School. There were drama and problems everywhere you looked, but for Kathrine... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Three

39 3 0
By CrazyKids1998

Popularity Passed Down

Chapter Three- Take my Advice

When the bell rang, I was the first one out of the classroom. I made it out but I bumped into something hard, yet squishy. Why is the wall so squishy? After realizing that this hard-squishy thing was a person I looked up. Worry was written all over my eyes and in return all I see is pure hate. Maybe, I don't know. All I know is that I was never good at reading people's emotions. Should I say sorry or should I just get out of his arms. After realizing my mistake, I quickly pushed myself out of his gasps and ran for my life. LITERALLY.

I cannot believe I ran into Jacob of all people! I would rather have run into Marcel. At least with Marcel, I know I'll be alive to see tomorrow. Jacob will never let this go. All the jokes he will come up with. I AM RUINED. But, if I tell Rodrick and Marcel. NO! How dare I think like this! I made a promise to myself and here I was about to break it.

"Kathrine?"

I turned my head, and to top off my brilliant luck today I see Marcel sitting on the desk. I think I jinxed myself. I guess I was thinking too hard to notice him in the hallways.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just stressing that's all."

"YOU. CAN'T. BE. STRESSING. This is your freshman year! Plus, it hasn't even been a month, you can't be backed up on homework yet. I'm not even backed up on homework yet."

"Right, gotta run, see you at home!"

"Run where? I have your house keys, moms not home to answer the door, and it's pouring outside. Wouldn't want your school books to get wet."

How did he get my keys? I hate him so much right now. I just want to slap him.

"You don't want to be seen near us because you're afraid that someone will be using you to get to us."

"Marcel. How did you even?"

"That's not important right now."

Marcel and I stayed in the classroom for about another hour. By that time, it stopped raining so we walked home. I left first so it didn't look suspicious. I waited by the old park until Marcel came. Once he did we walked home until Rodrick's car pulled up.

***

It's been a month since school started and no one knows my secret yet. Every day is a challenge, and it's only getting harder and harder.

"Kathrine, I need to tell you something."

"Okay, what's up?"

"Look, I can't keep hiding you from the whole school. It's getting tough. I promise I won't say anything, but sooner or later people will know."

"I know, but I'm scared."

"I have a story for you."

October 2009

"Marcel, hurry up we have to get to school!" Rodrick yelled.

Marcel grabbed his bag and slowly made his way downstairs. He didn't want to go to school, not after what happened yesterday. Staying at home wasn't an option anymore. He used the sick card way too many times. After finally making it to the car, the Lane family drove away. The first stop, Kathrine's elementary school. Once she was dropped off Mrs. Lane took the others to their school.

"See you boys later!" Veronica said.

"What's wrong Marcel?" Rodrick asked.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm just tiered and backed up with homework."

Rodrick eyed his younger brother, not believing one word he said. He was just about to say something when he looked at Marcel's facial expression. Marcel was stiff and pale, fear written all over his face. Rodrick caught on and followed the direction of Marcel's gaze.

"Marcel, are they bullying you?"

Marcel didn't say anything, not until he saw his brother start to walk to them.

"Please don't do anything! They'll hurt me more!"

"Marcel, I can't just sit here and let this happen."

"Please, let me handle it."

"Fine, but if this gets out of control you come find me immediately."

Marcel thanked his brother just before the bell rang. During lunch that same day Marcel was sitting alone along the long empty hallway while he was eating his lunch.

"Look at what we have here boys. I'm hungry, give me the food." Justin said.

"N-n-oo, I-I'm hungry a-and i-it's m-my l-lun-nch."

The three bullies laughed in his face. Justin grabbed the sandwich tossed it to one of his friends before grabbing Marcel by the collar. Justin and his minions started shoving and punching Marcel. Marcel tried to block the punches as much as he could, but it was difficult for a scrawny kid.

At the end of the day Rodrick and Veronica were waiting in front of the school for Marcel.

"Marcel, it's 90 degrees out here, why are you wearing your hoodie?" Veronica asked.

Veronica didn't accept the shrug Marcel gave so she took his hood off. Veronica gasped and grabbed his face to examine it.

"Who did this to you?!" Veronica said.

Deep down Rodrick knew it was the group of boys he saw earlier. He promised Marcel he would stay out of it, but not anymore. Rodrick looked everywhere for the punks that attacked his brother but he couldn't find them.

"Let's go before Kathrine starts to panic. Marcel, I'll find them tomorrow and I'll beat the shit out of them." Rodrick said.

"Please don't. They'll just hurt me more!"

"Not under our watch. Your sitting with me during lunch. I know you don't sit in the café."

The next day Rodrick looked everywhere for Marcel's bullies. To no avail, he couldn't find them. During lunch Rodrick let Marcel go alone when he said he needed to retake a test. Rodrick thought the teachers would be watching him. What he didn't know was that Marcel was only avoiding him.

As Marcel was wondering around for a quiet place to eat his food a hand grabbed his shoulder.

"Ahh, back for more I see." Luke, one of Justin's followers said.

Marcel on the other hand took the chance and ran. It only caused the others to get mad. Justin and his followers easily caught Marcel and started to beat him up. The only difference from yesterday was Veronica. She was bypassing when she heard cries of pain.

"What is going on!" Veronica yelled grabbing the attention of all four boys.

Justin looked at Veronica and smiled. Veronica rolled her eyes. Everyone knew Justin liked her. He would always try to sit next to her in class, and he would always give her candy.

"Veronica! How are you, are you hungry, here take this losers lunch. He doesn't need it anyway." Justin said.

Veronica looked at it for a second. It looked familiar, especially since she had the same exact container. Then it clicked.

"Marcel?" Veronica asked.

"Wait you know Marcel?" Justin asked.

Veronica was beyond pissed. She grabbed the collar of Justin's shirt and pushed him to the floor.

"Never touch my brother again."

"Wait, Marcel is your brother?! I'm so sorry, Luke let him go!"

Once Marcel was let go Veronica started to check Marcel's bruises. Justin was trying to apologize but Veronica didn't want to hear it. A minute later Rodrick was on his way to the library when he looked at the group of people. It didn't take him long to figure out what was happening.

"YOU!" Rodrick yelled at the three boys.

Rodrick didn't give a fuck when they tried to apologize. Not after he saw Marcel's face badly bruised for a second time. Let's just say at the end of the day Marcel's bullies all ended up with bruises everywhere and one of them may have lost their family jewels.

"Marcel, you were bullied?!"

"When I was in the 6th grade, I would always get bullied because of the way I dressed and because of my brain. You probably don't remember since it was long ago but I looked like a legit nerd. I always wore vests or collared shirts, with dress pants and fancy shoes. At the time, I was scrawny and a wimp. I was different from Rodrick and Veronica. I knew from the start I was going to have a hard time."

"But, I never remembered you like that."

"You were ten and it wasn't a big deal, but the difference between you and I is that I told people who my big brother and sister was. No one believed me, they said I was lying and that I was only saying this for attention. No one believed me until the day Rodrick almost killed my bullies. Ever since everyone treated me differently. Every day I would slowly change to the person who I am today. By the time the year ended I wasn't scrawny and I dressed in plain shirts and jeans."

"I can't believe I'm not the only outcast in this family."

"Kathrine, your absolutely wrong. You are not an outcast, you never were. You are smart, athletic and full of energy. Your friends were real. You may think you're bad at making friends, but that's only because you pick the good ones and ditch the fake ones. I know you can stand up for yourself, I see you do that all the time. You just don't realize it. I know you wanted to run for student council, and play basketball, but you didn't sign up for either of it. I don't get why you can't see that you're not an outcast."

"I never thought about it that way Marcel, I guess I was just scared, and I still am. I may not have been like you but that doesn't change the fact that people will start to treat me differently, and Jacob..."

"It's funny, because if anyone is an outcast in this family, it's me, and of course everyone will treat you different. You can't change that, and as for Jacob, well you must talk to him. I swore I wouldn't say anything. In fact, take my advice. Save yourself a headache and tell the people who you are."

~CrazyKids1998

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785K 69.4K 37
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
141K 1.9K 32
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
3.3M 79.7K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
4.6M 136K 52
After her mother's death Lilith gets a new legal guardian, her older brother. With no knowledge of having four other older brothers, Lilith is send...