Alpha Abner Roth

Від pelly_blue

Ever since she freed a wolf from some poachers, she's being stalked. What happens when she hugs the wolf and... Більше

Copyright and stuff
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
(A/N)
Chapter 5
Cast- Pt.1
Chapter 6
1K Reads!!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Important
For You
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Cast- Pt. 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
I'm Confused!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Short Story

Chapter 16

18.2K 632 96
Від pelly_blue

CH16

So the thing is that it's ABNER and ADELA and not Asher or Adele or Avnet or whatever misspellings I've come across.

ABNER and ADELA. That's it.

*****

"I never knew you were so hot, Shepard."
I turned back, to find Mike Styles, the captain of the college football team, grinning at me.

(Mike Styles) ⏬⏬⏬

"Uh... thanks, Mike", I said, blushing. From the past so many months I've had this huge crush on him, and FINALLY, he's talking to me.

I should be happy but then there's this sinking feeling inside my stomach. Ignoring it, I said, "congrats, by the way, for that football match last week."

"Thanks, cuzzy. When did you come, huh?"
"An hour back, I think."

"Hmm. Wanna dance?"

"What?!", I asked. But he immediately held my hand, and led me to the dance floor.
I looked around. Still no sign of Mr. Obnoxious.

I swayed my body along with Mike's and I have to agree that he's a fabulous dancer.
We laughed at another joke of his and I found out that he's a comedian as well.

"You remember that mysterious termite incident two months ago?"

"Yes. What about it?"

"It was me."

"You?!"

Both of us roared in laughter as we remembered how Mr. Kent had screamed when one afternoon he had opened his cupboard under a termite attack.
The good thing was that most of our assignment papers had been eaten. And I hadn't even submitted mine.

"God, Mike! It was you?"

"The one and only."

"Oh Mikey! You saved me!"

"Mikey, huh? I like this new nickname."

We danced together on a few songs. It was our sixth one, I guess, when he suddenly said, "Gosh that guy is now giving me the creeps. Why is he staring at us, like that?"

I turned around to find the Devil himself leaning against one of the counters, looking at us with a look that makes me want to crawl inside a burrow.

"You know him, Adela?", Mike asked.

Even if I know he has a good hearing, still, due to the loud music, I said a bit loud for his sake,

"No."

I actually heard a bit of his feral growl, as I turned around to dance with Mike.

We danced on two more songs. Never did I look back at Abner, except for once, when Mike had twirled me. He looked into my eyes, as he downed a glass of some kind of alcohol.
I pretended as if I never saw his eyes and the tears almost threatening to spill out of them.

"Oh I'm so tired now", I groaned.

Mike took us to a separate booth, ordering a beer for him.
"Just a cola for me", I meekly said.

"Oh 'cmon Shepard. Loosen up."

"No, thanks."

I was half way through my glass of lemonade, when my eyes wandered over to where Abner was sitting.
Some sparsely clothed redhead approached him and sat on his lap.
Bitch.

I immediately looked away, my mind on fire.
Dick.

'You jealous, Shepard?', that innocent conscience asked.
'No' I replied 'now you'll shut up?'

After another shot, Mike decided to leave.

"I'll drop you, Shepard. Come with me."

I looked over at Oswin and Edna who were talking to some other couple, Tina and Clovis who were on the dance floor and Nisha and Adrian, who had gone an hour back for a 'coffee'. Barney was busy flirting with some random girl.

"Hey Adela", Mike shook me.

"Yeah?"

"Want me to drop you home?"

"Sure. I'll just go and inform Edna." I went over to Edna and informed her that I'll be leaving. Mike and I, our fingers intwined, left for the parking lot.

"A silver Volvo, huh?", I asked.

"What can I say? Girls love Edward Cullen."

I chuckled and was about to open the door, when a large hand grabbed my small one and jerked me behind. I turned around.

"Whoa, man. What's your problem?", asked Mike.

Drunk.
Abner Roth was totally drunk.

"Mike", I pleaded softly, "I think you should go." The last thing I'd want, is this drunk imbecile hurting Mike.

"Oh no, Adela. He can't hurt me", came Mike's reply and I realised that I had said it out loud.

"Just go", I softly pleaded. A growl from Abner was all it took for him, to back off.

I stomped away to where Oswin and Barney had parked the cars, the drunk bastard following me behind.
   Finally, when nobody was in sight, I groaned and asked, "what is your problem, Abner?"

"Is he your lover?"

"That should not concern you."

"Do you like him?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"That's not the answer. Tell me."

"No. Why should I? It's none of your busine-"

"You tell me now because", he said, pulling me closer, "You are my business."

Okay.
He's so dead.

"If I'm your business", I spat my words at him, "then you're a very poor businessman, Abner Roth. First you bang another woman in front of your business, and now that redhead inside. What the he'll is your problem, Abner Roth?! I try to see the good in you. I try, okay? But you always mess it up. You treat me like some piece of crap, Alpha. I. Am. Not. Yours! Go and satisfy yourself with one of your many sluts!"8

He tightly clenched his jaw and said, "I never- *growl*- you'll never understand."

"Huh?", I asked. He never what?

"Nothing", he said, as he opened the door of his car for me.

I was about to protest, but he let out a frustrated 'please', and my legs complied on their own accord.

The ride to the house was quiet. Sometimes I could feel his eyes on me but ignored it.

Mike Styles- my crush, the Greek God, was talking to me. He's polite, gentle, funny and caring- everything Abner's not. Abner. The cold, furious Abner.

But Mike was suddenly talking to me. Why?

I mean I've always had the same hair, same body, same eye. Everything the same and he never even spared me a glance. Just because my glasses were replaced? Or due to the dress? Or because of the hairstyle? Or the waxed legs? I dunno.
He talked because I looked better; that's the reason.

But Abner.
He claimed me. The real me. The Adela with glasses. The Adela with messy hair. The nerdy Adela
The real Adela.

But why does he always hurt me, then? I'm so confused.

"We're here."

Abner's voice brought me out of my trance. I stepped out, ready to dive into my bed.

"Thanks for the ride", I mumbled.

"Adela", he stopped me, grabbing me wrist.

I turned and looked in his eyes. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "You look beautiful, my queen."

He growled as I ran back in the house, afraid of the things that he was making me feel. I changed into my pj's and and literally jumped into my bed.

□■□■□■□■□■□

A loud bang made me jump wide awake. I looked at the turtle- shaped wall clock, which said two in the morning. Another bang and the door to my room broke open. No!

I barely noticed an angry and drunk Abner, for my mind was threatening to replay a distant memory.

I looked up at Abner, who stumbled in, his hair spread in every direction and his eyes bloodshot.

"Abner. You're drunk."

"Really?", he chuckled.

"How much did you drink, now? God you're so wasted!"

"That colour suits you", he said, pointing at my navy blue tee.

"Lets take it off you."

DON'T BEAT ME!

I give you my word that nothing shall happen to our sweet, little Adela.
And I know that it's about time that they come together. Just one more chapter then this shall happen and the ACTUAL story shall start! Untill then,

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND SHARE!

XOXO

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

256K 12.4K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...
795K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
53.6K 2.6K 9
Everything I ever had and known was taken away from me. My family, my life, my identity, everything. Alpha Kannon was the main reason for it. He tort...
Alpha and His Luna Від Emma

Перевертні

573K 13K 45
''Alpha Ross Lynch of Black Night pack!'' the man said and everybody looked up the stairs. And there stood the most amazing looking man I have ever s...