Running Away (Sequel to The R...

Por kaylahardy120

Niall and Liam thought all their troubles were behind them after Zayn and his gang were put in jail, but litt... Más

Running Away (Sequel to The Runaway)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - EPILOGUE(mature)

Chapter 28

204 26 19
Por kaylahardy120

****Liam's POV****

Since I'd found out I was paralyzed, I woke up every morning and cried. At least when I cried I could feel it, inside and on my face. It'd been a week at the hospital and the only person I'd heard from was Jay. He said Kate had suffered a lot of head damage, but it hadn't damaged her brain, just left her with migraines that came up every few hours and she had fractured the right part of her clavicle after being shot, but the doctor's said she was in for a full recovery. I wasn't allowed to see her, but Jay conveyed our messages for us. 

"The doctor said Kate could come over and visit with you later for a little while," Jay said happily and I nodded, staring at the ceiling as I laid in my bed and sighed. 

"Kate and I are going to take care of you Liam," Jay whispered and I felt more tears in my eyes. By instinct I went to wipe my eyes, but my hand remained unresponsive and I screamed out in anger and agony. Jay looked down at the floor as a nurse ran in to see what was wrong, realized what was wrong, let her head hang in sympathy, and left the room. 

"Where's Niall? Have you asked? Is he okay? You haven't told me anything, if he came here, if he's alive..." I whimpered, knowing that if I could just see Niall I'd be okay. 

"I can't find him! I've looked around and asked. They think if he made it that he's at a different hospital building because he wasn't injured, or that's what the officer said anyways," Jay said and I sighed as a doctor came in and gave me a sympathic smile. 

"Mind if I run a few quick tests?" he asked and I almost laughed out loud at him, as if I had any control over anything anymore...I couldn't move. 

"After I'm done here Liam, there's a boy down the hall who asked to speak with you," he said and my eyes widened, knowing the boy had to be Niall. I looked at Jay and Jay smiled hopefully at me as we thought the same thing. I held my breath as the doctor took his sweet time doing all these stupid tests which were pointless in my opinion considering my paralysis. 

"How are you feeling today Liam?" the doctor asked and I just stared at him. How was I feeling? How was I FEELING?

"Oh! Funny you should ask because, as you may or may not know, I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING DOCTOR," I shouted and the doctor closed his eyes and sighed before looking over at Jay. He said something I didn't hear while I laid there in anger. The doctor turned back to me and raised his eyebrows in amusement at me. 

"I know that you don't want to accept this lifestyle, and I don't expect you to right now, but you are paralyzed Liam. I'm sorry, but you are. You have to accept reality, not the lifestyle yet, but you can't just ignore it either," he spoke before leaving the room. I let out a grunt and cry before anxiously glancing at Jay. 

"He told me the room number, you want to go down there now I assume?" Jay asked and I nodded gently. Jay lifted my body up and slumped me into a wheelchair and began pushing me down the hallway. I held my breath, wishing more than anything I could jump up and run into Niall's arms, but I couldn't...Jay stopped in front a door and knocked gently. 

"Come in," a voice spoke and when Jay opened the door, my heart slumped into my chest disappointedly. It was Harry. While it was good to see someone I knew, I was still upset it wasn't my beautiful fiance...

"Liam," Harry spoke in a raspy voice as Jay pushed me over. Harry had patches on him and I noticed a needle in his back. 

"I see I made it out easier than you. Zayn had a good shot on you, he was almost dead when he shot my back. I'm so sorry Liam...I wish I could change places with you more than anything," Harry whispered and I felt tears in my eyes. 

"Listen, I'm sorry we waited so long to help...Louis and I just felt like we owed Zayn, but finally it got too much...especially after we went and got Niall. That's why I did everything in my power to help you both, but I failed so miserably. Zayn overdosed Niall, paralyzed you, and he almost killed Kate, Louis, and me. I wish I could take everything back and save you from all of this. I wish Louis and I would've come and found you to tell you we were really back so you wouldn't have had to go to the mental hospital. I feel like a lot of this weighs down on me," Harry whispered, having a hard time getting enough air it seemed. 

"Is Louis okay?" I asked, wondering if Harry had been allowed to leave his room. 

"I have no idea...nobody has told me anything. I don't even know where he is," Harry whispered, tears immediately filling his eyes and I immediately felt the pain he was going through. I wanted to grab his hand and tell him it'd be okay and I'd do anything I could to help him find Louis. 

"What about Kate?" Harry asked quickly, looking up at Jay and he sighed in relief and nodded. 

"She's been sleeping a lot now that she's not going to slip into a coma, but she hasn't been very social or anything," Jay replied and Harry nodded. 

"I should've taken her place in the truck, I shouldn't have made her shoot. I am so sorry Jay," Harry spoke and Jay shook his head and patted Harry's shoulder. 

"I'm just glad she's still alive and is going to recover," Jay whispered, wiping his eyes and Harry took a deep breath before looking at me. 

"I know where Niall is," he spoke and my eye's widened as tears filled them and poured out. 

"WHERE?!" I burst and he took a deep breath as he glanced at Jay. 

"He's at the other hospital. I know that because I was over there for a day or so when they were running tests. It's because they had to get him out of the 'coma' he was in from the overdose, but they were worried about brain damage. They let me go visit before I got transferred here," Harry spoke and if I could've jumped up and hugged Harry, I would've. 

"Is he okay?! Did he ask about me?! Where is he?!" I cried furiously and Harry closed his eyes and sighed. I didn't take it as a good sign so I cried harder and felt my insides shaking. 

"He was just sitting there, staring at nothing. The doctor's said he won't talk or look at anybody and his brain waves don't even come through as anything anymore. They think his brain's been fried. The doctor's said when they got him out of the sleep coma he screamed and cried for an hour and then he just sat there. They doctor's think the hour of screaming and crying were the last memories he had and that now he was completely almost a vegetable," Harry explained and I felt like my world was ending. I was paralyzed and now my own fiance wasn't going to know who I was or who anybody else was. At that moment I just wanted to be dead, I didn't want to live anymore. I wished Zayn would've just been a little closer and sunk the bullet right into my head. 

"I want to go see him," I spoke, looking at Jay and he nodded. 

"I'm so sorry Liam, for everything. I am the worst person ever. I don't deserve to have survived and be this well," Harry began sobbing and my heart broke. 

"It's not your fault Harry. It's okay," I whispered, accepting the fact that my life was completely ruined now and had no reason in holding a grudge over Harry's head. 

"I believe in miracles Liam," Harry whispered as Jay stood up and grabbed my wheelchair. 

"I don't," I spoke, wondering how in the world Harry could find any sort of good or miracle coming out of this. I saw nothing but darkness and negativity. Jay pushed me out of the room as he pushed me toward the doors and I let out a whimper, still not wanting to believe Niall wouldn't recognize me. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Jay asked as he stopped walking and I let my head nod gently. 

"I don't care if he doesn't remember me, if he doesn't know who I am, if I can just hear him breathing and see him...I'll be okay. I'm not just going to stop loving him. I can't...I'm never going to stop loving him," I cried as Jay continued to his car. He lifted me in to my new handicapped styled sear and I continued to cry. Jay turned off the radio as we rode slowly over to the hospital a few miles down. When we got to the hospital, Jay helped me into my wheelchair and we headed up to the entrance. When we got inside I immediately felt sick. This hospital was for much sicker patients, not mentally like I was, but for people who had much more traumatic damage than I did...even though Jay had originally said I started out here and moved to the "recovery" hospital as he called it. 

"Hi, we're looking for Niall Horan?" Jay asked softly to the receptionist and she took a deep breath. She nodded as she looked at her clipboard and then looked back at us. 

"Names?" 

"Jay Applin and Liam Payne," Jay spoke and her eyes widened as she set her clipboard down. 

"Liam? He screamed that name out right when he woke up. Must've been his last thought," she spoke and I felt my heart and chest tighten with love, but also the worst kind of pain that no human being should have had to felt. 

"It's a good thing you're here actually. The doctor's have been debating what to do with him," she spoke and I felt fear run through me. 

"Like....uh...kill him basically?" I asked, hoping that was not what she'd meant. 

"He's unresponsive to everything. It's a struggle to even get him to eat. He hasn't said a word at all," she spoke as we stopped in front of a room. I had tears running down my face before I even saw Niall. She slowly opened the door as I held my breath before I saw the most beautiful bleached blonde haired boy facing the window. 

A/N: So this could either be a really happy ending, or a really awful ending...and you all know me...

Comment&Vote<3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.3K 40 28
For Nina she was the usual fangirl, dedicating her life to the most famous boyband in the world. At first everything's going great until the inevitab...
4.4K 107 34
Sam didn't have it the easiest. Abusive boyfriend. Hospital visits. Near death experiences. But when she moves to LA with her best friend Ty, she me...
861 39 20
Cara Beckett has spent four years of her life trying to run away from her past. But when her best friend turned superstar, Harry Styles, comes to vis...
6.6K 63 66
It's those moments in secret that define who you are. And it was those moments that made her walk away from him.