Growing in Power (Highschool...

By alphafox270

Power is the one thing to corrupt everyone's minds: it's what most villains crave in a hero film, either that... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 4

6.9K 151 54
By alphafox270

(3rd Person)

After Asia contacted him, (Y/N) had quickly arrived at the location at Issei's house. However... he didn't seem to see anyone, not even Issei's house was lit up, it was an almost abandoned street. (Y/N) looked around in suspicion before unclenching his right hand to reveal evil energy coursing off his palm. Even though he had a phone call from Asia, the one person who helps calm him, (Y/N) couldn't help but feel on edge hence why he suddenly decided to use his evil energy.

Just as (Y/N) was thinking of searching for Asia, he heard a pair of light footsteps slowly advancing from behind, he didn't dare make a sudden move in case it was an enemy, instead he slowly turned his head to find a very familiar face that he hadn't seen in years... the very same one to teach him never to accept any power as 'just his limit', the very same person who informed him who murdered his family... and she hadn't even aged a single day!

(Y/N): Is that really you? If it is, you haven't aged a single day since we last met... Ophis.

Ophis was a small girl with long black hair going down to her hips, grey eyes that coldly stared at the teenager who was now taller than her, rather the same height. She wore a black gothic lolita dress with a massive purple bow tied at the back.

Ophis: It has been years (Y/N). Last I saw you, you were just about to give up finding a family that will adopt you at that orphanage.

(Y/N): Yeah well... even I've got a breaking point.

Ophis: Indeed, you're only human after all...

Ophis then silently regarded the evil energy still sparking off (Y/N)'s palm, however her expression didn't change one bit.

Ophis: You're still on edge? Even in the presence of a friend?

(Y/N): Are you supposed to be a friend?

Ophis: You don't see me as one? How hurtful of you...

(Y/N): Friends don't stay as a little girl for life... not normal ones that is... in other words: friends shouldn't be hiding secrets from each other, or so I've heard.

Silence loomed over the two, and (Y/N) another presence, though they were sticking to the shadows and judging by their intent, they're patiently waiting for Ophis to signal something for them to attack. (Y/N) scoffed before raising his hand to show his evil energy to Ophis who didn't seem to react.

Ophis: I haven't come to harm you (Y/N).

(Y/N): Then tell your friend to stop hiding.

Ophis: Unfortunately that isn't possible.

(Y/N): Then we've got nothing to discuss...

The teenager just turned his back, while many think of it as foolish, Ophis saw he was being tactical: his evil energy can easily create a shockwave that'll blast away any attacker that dares to strike when his back's turned. Ophis however wasn't reacting to (Y/N)'s sudden depature expression wise... however...

Ophis: Unless you want Asia to die, I suggest you stay to listen to me...

The magic sentence caused the boy to instantly turn, evil energy coursing through both his palms with wide eyes of rage while his evil energy wing manifested, pulsing dangerously while his teeth were close to breaking from the amount of rage suddenly coursing through his system.

(Y/N): What was that!?

The other presence's power spiked in response to (Y/N). But the teenager noticed Ophis shake her head, probably to signal the person with her not to attack.

Ophis: You know... you haven't asked me how I was able to manipulate Asia's voice over the phone, much less get her phone...

(Y/N): She must've dropped on the way home, she's new to technology after all. Plus there's plenty of simple spells that can change your appearance and your voice, it's an easy spell for anyone who's into magic.

Ophis: Hmm... you've done your research, looks like you're not just valuable for your evil energy, glad to see...

(Y/N): You think you can start talking to me like a friend after what you just said!?

Ophis: (Y/N), I don't even need to exert half of my power in order to kill you, so I'd rather we not fight, as for that sentence: that wasn't a threat or a warning, it was a guarantee of what would happen should you refuse to listen to me.

(Y/N): First... tell me what you are, it's obvious you're not human. Trust goes both ways Ophis, so tell me now.

Ophis: No problem. I am Ophis, also known as the Dragon God, Ouroboros Dragon and the Infinite Dragon God.

(Y/N): God huh? Well, what kind of God takes the form of a child?

Ophis: I could name a few... and, I'm able to change my form any time I wish, in other words: I'm not a female child (Y/N). Now... will you listen to what I have to say?

(Y/N) scowled at that, his evil energy wing still flucuating wildly, the other presence was growing their power in excitement, (Y/N)'s answer surprised Ophis slightly as he suddenly turned around, his face in a permanent scowl.

(Y/N): Maybe when you're not with your little bodyguard, and when you don't trick me to get me where you are.

Ophis: You'll risk Asia's life?

(Y/N): I'm more than strong enough to take on anything that dares attack her... next time you come alone, otherwise the same result, understand?

Ophis couldn't convince (Y/N) to stay. She mentally cursed his cautiousness, she was a God... but what she didn't want to tell (Y/N) is that at her current state (Y/N) could defeat her if he used both evil energy wings hence the reason why her partner came along to guarantee her survival. But if she wanted (Y/N) to work with her, Ophis is going to have to take a life-threatening risk.

Ophis: Very well... I'll contact you when I'm alone, I can give you my guarantee.

(Y/N): You may not be a devil Ophis... but that doesn't mean I won't hesitate to put you down if you try anything against either me or Asia... don't try your luck... God...

And with that (Y/N) walked off, leaving Ophis and her partner by herself, said partner suddenly appeared behind her, his arms crossed while a teasing smirk appeared on the teenager's face.

Ignis: You think he's gonna come to our side now? It's obvious he called your bluff on killing him, he didn't seem fazed!

Ophis: He can't kill me with one wing... both wings would do the trick... I curse that bastard for reducing my power to barely the same as the current 4 Great Satans...

Ignis: Welp! Since we can't convince him...

Ophis: It's not over...

Ignis: You can't be serious!? He's gonna kill you if you meet him alone!

Ophis: Whether you like or not Ignis, we can't accomplish my goals with just us two, we need another user of evil energy, and (Y/N) is the perfect candidate since he like you can access both wings meaning he can unleash all of evil energy's potential.

Ignis: Geez... what's so special about him then? I've done everything's he's done way before he even found...

Ophis: It took you a whole year to master bringing just wing out instead of being spur of the moment... (Y/N) achieved it in less than a month. He can reach your level and beyond in less than three.

Ignis went wide-eyed before he suddenly became angry, accidentally flaring his wings, Ophis raised an eyebrow at that and at seeing Ignis' angry expression... it wasn't like her partner to suddenly have an outburst of anger like that, and it only caused her to become even more intrigued as to seeing both (Y/N)'s development and Ignis' anger at said development.

(Timeskip)

It was the next day, (Y/N) was just about ready to head on home after school to spend time getting to know his new peerage... had it not been for a redhead literally dragging him to the club, (Y/N) simply sighed and accepted his fate because even if Rias was someone who annoyed him... he just could never say no to her for some reason.

(Y/N): Remind me why I'm being dragged to your club again Rias...

Rias: Because (Y/N). We are expecting someone, and you should be there as my future fiancé!

(Y/N): Again with this... You know what you're doing is-

Rias: Absolutely necessary for us to be together? Of course!

(Y/N): Ugh... I can never win a debate with you.

Rias: Looks like you're finally learning~!

With a roll of his eyes, (Y/N) followed Rias into ORC where the other members were already waiting patiently for their king piece, Rias dragged (Y/N) to her regular seat before giddly placing him in it. Confused, (Y/N) looked up at Rias, only to suddenly find her in his lap making (Y/N) roll his eyes again. However he didn't have time to force Rias off her lap as the door opened again, this time two new people walked through the doors, both of them unfamiliar to them.

They both wore white cloaks, one had short blue hair with a single green highlight in it while the other had long light brown hair brown. It wasn't the fact that they held next to no supernatural energy that (Y/N) was intrigued with them, it was the massive sword the blue-haired one held wrapped up in the same cloth for their cloaks, it gave off the same energy as certain items (Y/N) was intrigued with.

(Y/N): Not one, but two pieces of excalibur... then they must be, well, the outfit gives them away but they're obviously from the church.

Rias: Exactly.

(Y/N): Whatever happens, Asia won't be touched.

Rias: What about me?

(Y/N): Not that big of a priority.

Rias: You're so mean (Y/N)!!!!

(Y/N): Just doing what I do best.

???: When you two have finished arguing, could you please spare a moment of your time for us?

(Y/N): We're not arguing, and who are you? No, better question, what does the church want with Rias?

???: We've simply come to carry out a mission we've been assigned, and we warn you not to get in our way, otherwise you'll suffer consequences.

(Y/N): Whoop-de-doo, I'll get in trouble with God is it?

???: If you anger him enough, devil.

(Y/N): Anger me enough and not even God can save you from my wrath, smurf head.

The blue-haired one scowled at (Y/N) for saying that, whereas (Y/N) gently got Rias off his lap to stare her down while getting off the chair.

Rias: Could you tell us your objective?

???: Of course! Hi! My name's Irina, and this is Xenovia, we're here to destroy the holy sword fragements excalibur!

On the other side of the room, Kiba tensed at hearing the name of the sword, he clenched his fist tightly. He was actually debating on coming today, but decided to give it a chance to not go after his revenge... (Y/N) can be quite the convincing person when he wants to be.

Xenovia: Yes... we've been tasked with its destruction, however we came here to advise you against interfereing, unless you wish to try us and perish against the might of the church.

She said this while still directly glaring at (Y/N) who also kept his ground, Rias was worried at her future fiance's anger, not to mention the sword underneath the wrappings. While (Y/N) isn't a full devil, Rias wasn't sure whether it could harm (Y/N) or not.

(Y/N): I'm not after exaclibur... it's not worth my attention, the only way you get to fight me is if you piss me off enough and right now you're doing a very good job at it.

Xenovia: If I anger you, why don't you attack? I cannot guarantee your survival though...

(Y/N): Four words: you're not worth it.

After that, (Y/N) simply tapped her forehead but used enough strength to make Xenovia stumble back much to her partner's concern and surprise. (Y/N) simply glared the two down while shaking his head at Kiba who was about to snap and possibly attack the exaclibur sword wielders.

(Y/N): Now get out, I'm in a bad enough mood as it is, don't try to make it worse.

They almost did so without another word, but then, they spotted Asia who was nervously standing by the door.

Xenovia: Hang on, aren't you, Asia Argento?

Instantly (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed further, his grip on the desk starting to crack the wood while the evil energy sparked off his knuckles, Irina gasped at seeing Asia.

Irina: Oh my! It really is her! The nun who turned devil, tell me, do you still pray to God even though you're now a devil who betrayed your faith?

Asia: W-well...

Xenovia: Unsuprising, many still believe in the Lord even after becoming devils... say, Argento, would you like to earn God's forgiveness for becoming a devil?

Asia: How? How can I g-g-get it?

Xenovia: It's simple...

She suddenly drew her sword making (Y/N) go wide-eyed in rage, his hand now crushing the wood beneath it while everyone could now hear the crackle of evil energy producing itself off his hand.

Xenovia: Allow me to strike you down, and then you can return to being a believer in the afterlife with God's forgiveness.

Before anything could happen, Xenovia quickly turned to slice Rias' desk in half which (Y/N) had chucked at her once those words left her mouth. She narrowed her eyes at seeing (Y/N) now with his evil energy coursing over his body, Irina went wide-eyed at seeing it as well.

(Y/N): You have some nerve holy bitch.

Xenovia: Is there another problem?

(Y/N): Of course there is! You dare try to kill Asia right in front of my eyes? You're either very stupid or looking for something to do, you know... I could let off some steam now that I just watched you do that? You brave enough to take me on?

Xenovia: A duel? I'm not against it... one on...

(Y/N): Two...

Irina: Sorry?

(Y/N): One on two, I want both you in the ground for both insulting and trying to murder my best friend.

Xenovia: You must be an idiot...

(Y/N): Am I?

His evil energy devil wing popped out his back intriguing both excalibur users again before he cracked his neck, his anger on full display.

(Y/N): Wanna find out!?

To be continued...

(A/N): Wattpad seriously likes to mess with me whenever I decide to write a new chapter, whether it be it 'failed to save changes', or the website is just down in general. Any other time I'm on here it's just fine, only when I decide to update my books does it go wrong... Anyway! Thanks for the continued support as always, and... eat one or more brownies every day!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.4K 754 22
Y/N L/N has always wanted to be a hero but sadly he was born without a Sacred Gear, Quirk, Semblance, Magic or any other kind of power. Because of hi...
621K 7.6K 34
Let's just say there is a person stronger than everyone in the universe. Read to find out more. *I do not own highschool DXD only my own oc and some...