His Weakness, Her Liberation

By ogre2009

When Michael and Janeé meet, neither of them could have anticipated the power each of them would have over th... More

Miami, Part One / Prolouge
Miami, Part Two
Back to Reality
One Call, That's All
Finally, Part One
Finally, Part Two
Last Night - Michael's POV
What Did I Do Last Night?
Good Morning
Oops, Oh My
Alexandra
$2 Million
Confessions
Wow, Again
It's My Party & I'll Cry if I Want To
Thanksgiving
The Retreat
Friends, Without Benefits
The Letter
New Year's Eve
Happy New Year
I'm Tired
What About Last Night?
I Want to Talk About Us
'Round Midnight
Thursday & Friday
Saturday
OK, Let's Try It
I'm Sorry
Why Are You Still Here?
Sequel Sneak Peek
New Book Coming Soon!
The Sequel is Out Now!

That's Alex?

2.9K 150 26
By ogre2009

Michael - Saturday Night

What was Jay doing here? I forgot for a few moments that I was holding Alex's hand as I walked through the door of my house and got the surprise of my life. I took Janeé in from across the room like a breath of fresh air. Her frame was noticeably smaller than the last time she stood in this foyer crying. I didn't think about how she would process what happened between us and I wonder if this weight loss had something to do with me. She still was beautiful, though. I got a little hard as I studied her body from head to toe. I'd want her no matter what she looked like.

I was brought out of my daze when Alex squeezed my hand and Janeé said, "What the fuck?!" I didn't know Jay well enough to predict what she would do next. Would she run away and cry? Confront me in front of all these people? Or would she throw that glass at me that she gripped so tightly I thought it would break in her hand. I just stood there dumb-founded, not knowing what to do but hold on to Alex and brace myself for what was coming.

I had processed a lot in mere seconds, but what I didn't understand was why Steelo had his hands wrapped around Jay. They didn't know each other. Maybe he invited her to the party, he knew she lived here. I'd told him that much about her, at least. But that didn't explain why his hands were firmly planted on her midsection in the way they were. I was certain he was trying to stop her from doing something crazy, but the way he touched her and stood so close behind her enraged me a little. As music filled the house and people crowded around me to wish me happy birthday, my view of them was completely blocked. Still holding Alex's hand, I peered through the crowd as discreetly as possible, trying not to make it obvious I was looking for her. I finally spotted her and wanted nothing more than to run to Janeé as I saw her flying up the stairs and towards my room, Steelo following close behind her.

Janeé

A million thoughts were running through my head after I asked Sterling who that woman was. I took one last look at her before running up the stairs to gather my things from Michael's room, suddenly recognizing her. I'd seen her too many times not to. Michael couldn't have chosen a woman who looked more different than me. Her skin was a beautiful, not unlike my own, but it's hue was the opposite of mine. Long blonde hair cascaded down past her shoulders and landed just below her bust line. My hair is tightly coiled and tapered close to my head. Her body lacked the fullness mine possessed. Small, almost frail legs sprung up from her feet and the only lumps she had were two round breasts that protruded out from her tiny upper body.

I'd seen this woman twice before, once in Miami getting off the elevator with Michael, when I thought he ignored my greeting. The other time was at this very house, when I showed up unannounced and drunk. She was downstairs while Michael and I were upstairs fucking. I didn't think about her after that moment, partially because I was drunk and because things started to get intense with me and Michael's relationship.

Sterling rushed in the door as I was pushing clothes into my bag and taking swigs of Patron straight from a bottle I took from Michael's fully stocked mini fridge. The double shot I had  minutes before was having an effect on me already and I knew after drinking as much tequila as I just had, I'd be drunk soon.

"Who is that Sterling?" I looked at him with pain in my eyes. He sighed deeply before giving me an answer.

"That's Alex."

That's Alex? I assumed Alex was a guy when he and Lauren mentioned her before. It made sense now why she would have been jealous if Michael kept talking about me in Miami.

"Is she his, is she his--" I struggled to let the word 'girlfriend' escape from my lips. Sterling knew what I was trying to say.

"Yes. That's his girlfriend." He looked down in shame like he was the one who caused my pain. He wasn't the source, but he could have prevented my embarrassment.

"So you knew he had a girlfriend and you let me plan this whole thing. Fuck you Sterling! Fuck you both!" Suddenly all my rage was targeted at him. I was seething and felt like I would explode any second now.

"I didn't know Janeé!"

"You're his best friend, of course you knew. You think I'm an idiot?" I paused as I said those words. I was an idiot for not seeing this coming. Michael had never been in the public eye with a black woman before. I didn't know if it was because he didn't date us or if it was just a coincidence. Tonight I felt like I got my answer. Come to think of it, I'd never seen Sterling with a black woman either.

"Listen," his tone was suddenly calm. "I didn't know he had a girlfriend until yesterday Janeé, I swear to you. And I wouldn't have known if he hadn't gotten drunk and told me last night. He and I have been more distant than usual lately. I didn't know she was coming. I wouldn't have let you go out like that. You don't deserve that. I honestly was banking on him coming to this party and realizing he didn't want to be with her, but then she shows up. I'm so sorry Nay."

I looked at him trying to determine if he was lying or not. He'd always been pretty straight with me and I couldn't deny the look of sincerity and remorse on his face. I think he's telling the truth but I didn't want to talk about this anymore with him. Michael should have been the one running behind me, not Sterling.

"What are you going to do Janeé?"

"I'm going to get in my car and never come back here or anywhere near Michael. That includes you." I meant every word I said. I really wanted to march downstairs and go off on Michael, but I had no energy. He'd made his choice and I wasn't going to try and talk him out of it.

"Don't say that Nay, I think you're cool and I really--" he stopped and I could tell he was trying to decide if he should finish his statement. "Look, don't make any final decisions tonight. And please let me drive you home. You shouldn't be on the road drunk and emotional."

I didn't want him to take me, but he was right and I'd have to come back here to get my car eventually, so I just said, "OK," and kept drinking as I finished packing my things. By the time I was ready to go, my speech was slurred and I was in a drunken stupor. Sterling recused me from taking a tumble down the stairs twice before we made it to the bottom.

I scanned the downstairs area as we made our way to the front door looking for Michael or Alex or Crystal. I didn't see one face I recognized on my way out. Sterling almost picked me up to place me on the passenger side of my car. He was stronger than he looked. I gazed out the window as he drove me home and blacked out.

"Hey, we're here." His voice gently woke me up as he stood outside the door with his hand reaching for me, ready to help peel me out the car.

In that moment I was grateful he was there to make sure I got home safely. He walked behind me carefully as I made my way to my room and sat on the edge of my bed nervously, as I changed in the bathroom. When I came out in a big t-shirt that exposed most of my legs, his eyes never left me. He pulled my covers back just enough for me to climb in. I laid down and closed my eyes briefly.

"You should take your make-up off. I heard it's not good for your pores or sum shit if you sleep in it." After what happened tonight, this nigga was worried about my pores getting clogged. I laughed a little.

"There are some make-up wipes in my bathroom. Can you get them, please? Right side cabinet, top drawer."

By the time he came back, I was sitting up in the bed, ready to clean my face. What he did next utterly surprised me. He took the wipe and gently cleaned my face. I closed my eyes because it almost felt therapeutic. His touch was soothing. As he wiped my lips with his thumb he whispered, "You're so amazing Janeé. I don't know why Mike would ever do this to you." I felt myself getting wet, but then Crystal's words of caution about him bounced around in my head, maybe he was trying to push up on me.

Sterling placed the wipe on my nightstand and gripped the side of my face. I rubbed my cheek against his palm and closed my eyes. I knew in the moment I was being weak, and that my non-verbal consent to his actions could lead us down a dangerous road, but I really wanted to be comforted, even if it was by Michael's best friend. Sterling got closer and hovered over me, with his hands planted firmly in my bed. He kissed my forehead and then my eyes, before focusing on my lips. As he made his way towards them, I grabbed one of the arms that was on either side of me.

"Wait," I murmured. His face dropped as he moved from above me and sat back on the bed.

"I should go."

"Yea." He looked defeated at my agreeance that he should leave.

"Come lock up." I followed him to my front door and locked it quickly, afraid he would barge back through the door to finish what we started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 1.1K 53
She never knew meeting him would change her life completely. She was innocent in his eyes and that's how he wanted her. She was quiet and somewhat sh...
25.4K 640 47
Sit back and relax Take a moment to read short stories and come across your wildest fantasies Comment, Vote, and be active
5.5K 131 3
"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes." After the death of Romana's mother in a devastating house f...
113K 1.4K 19
black panther imagines! • t'challa •erik killmonger •m'baku