I didn't wish this gift

By trueandinfinite

"You're a freak" they all say. "You're a criminal" they all think. "You're psycho" they told her. "I believe... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Welcome to my life
Chapter 3: Dirty little song
Chapter 4: Too good to be true
Chapter 6: You look familiar
Chapter 7: Those things are gifts?
Chapter 8: The new guy
Chapter 9: You are like me?
Chapter 10: I believe you are a freak
Chapter 11: You're one of us
Chapter 12: Yo no soy tu padre
Chapter 13: Dreamy...
Chapter 14: Purple is your color
Chapter 15: No one is invincible, not even us
Chapter 16: Planning things
Chapter 17: Being misunderstood
Chapter 18: Valentine's Day <3
Chapter 19: Everybody's missing
Chapter 20: Friends with the ennemy
Chapter 21: The meeting
Chapter 22: You are a stranger to me
Chapter 23: Surprise...
Chapter 24: Is this a joke?
Chapter 25: Reactions
Chapter 26: Time to do something
Chapter 27: Action
Chapter 28: Last one

Chapter 5: Hidden for too long

1.2K 26 20
By trueandinfinite

"I'm burning, burning, burning, burning just like a fire. Burning, burning, burning, burning..." my radio was playing this awful song when I finally woke up from this nighmare.

I knew something was on fire somewhere. I had no clue of where it could be right now, but I had a feeling that I was right about this. Of course I couldn't tell my parents about any of this and I would have to keep this for myself.

I went downstairs after getting dress for school. This morning, I hurried myself up, feeling a little hurry from my past night. I was a little weak and I knew something was going on somewhere else. I had the feeling that I could have known where the fire was going on if I would have been paying more attention to some unknown clues.

My parents were taking their coffee, as always. My father was reading his newspaper and my mom was watching tv. I arrived downstairs and no one noticed me, as always. I went to take an apple in my fridge and that's when my mother finally saw I was still alive.

"Oh! Hi honey. How was your night?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Is something wrong darling?"

"No, and don't pretend to be interest. I know you aren't. You just don't care about me. Both of you." I looked at my dad to see if he was listening but he was too busy with his newspaper. When I rushed outside, I heard him yell to me to have a good day.

My parents. I'm lucky i'm their only child. If I had a brother or a sister... I knew they would make my life hell. If this isn't already the case. I would be the freak child of the Fairol family and my sister or brother would be the great child of the family. I would be treated as an animal or not far from it. My parents wouldn't even try to be nice 'cause they would have another kid.

What is wrong with me? Why is my life this miserable? Did I own someone something in my past lives? Did I do something wrong and now, God is making me pay for it? What is it? I would like to think I'm a witch or a wizard and that someday, someone will come and bring me to Hogwarts as in Harry Potter. Sadly, I wasn't a caracter of J.K. Rowling's books. I'm just me, freaky me.

The school was a little far from my house. Of course I could take the bus, but with my status, I couldn't take more disgusted looks for one day. Also, the bus driver was afraid of me and he told me that he could lose his job if I decide to provoke an accident, like I could do that. That's where they are all wrong. All of it just because of the Liam's thing. I don't even remember it. This subject was a forbidden thing to talk about. No one in this whole town talk about it. Everyone knew, but no one tell. I wish I could know at least what I've done as a kid. Seems like i will never know. Sad thing...

"Fire! Fire! The library's on fire! Please somebody call 911!" Sabrina was there, screaming as loud as she could. Another girl was standing in front of the library, mouth open and was staring at the wild fire.

I couldn't belive it. There was truly a fire going on. My dream has been true. My drawings were true also. This must be kind of a joke. It couldn't be right. If course I hadn't been able to tell where was the fire, but still. This was kind of freaky.

I didn't even bother to stay there. I called 911, told them there was a fire going on at school. They already knew which school since our High School is the only one of our little town. They told me fireman would come really soon. I didn't stand there any more minutes. I guessed that the school will be cancel for the day and I was right. An announcement as been made later on that day. Every student must stay home. That's what the school's website was telling us.

After learning that the library was on fire, I ran as fast as I could, back home. When I got there, my mom was still home. No chance at all.

"Samantha? Is that you?" asked my mother from her bedroom.

"Yes mother. It's me. School's cancelled for the day. The library caught on fire." I wasn't happy that my mom was still here. I was thinking I was going to spend all my day alone.

"Oh. Is that was you seemed so nervous this morning? You left in an hurry. Without saying goodbye."

"No. I had no idea that our school's library was on fire. I got there and it was already burning. If your question is: Did I start the fire? Well mother, the answer is no." I was angry that my mom really thought I started this. I would never do something like that. Not to our beautiful library. It has so many books. Great ones. When my mom forbid me to draw, I began reading. Books offer you a completly new world. Exactly what I wanted. I shouldn't have stop reading but with all my drawing I just couldn't do both and with art I was a little bit more passionate. Maybe someday, i'll get back to reading great books to try to forget that the whole world see me as a freak kid.

Not long after, my mom decided to go work. I bet she didn't want to spend the day with me. It's not like I would have talk to her or anything, but still, we would have been in the same room for more than once in a day.

Well, the fact that she left was great in a way. I could be by myself all day long! I will spend the day drawing since I don't have any homework to do.

The minute my mom left, I went downstairs to make myself diner. I was about to cook me some pasta when I fell on a letter to my mom, on the table. She opened it already, but the letter was open so everyone could read it. Of course I didn't lose any more seconds, I read it. It was almost an invitation to it. It was from my aunt. The only sister of my mother. What's her name again? Lucy? Yeah, i think it's her name, Aunt Lucy.

It's been like forever since my mom talked to her. Well, actually, I don't even remember her speaking to me about her sister. Weird that only now, she decides to contact us. My aunt Lucy. I can't belive she is a real person! For me, my mother's sister always has been a fake person, since I've never met her. Anyway, let's see what this letter is about.

"Dear Linda,

I know it's been a while and that you didn't want me to contact you again, but I couldn't do this to Samantha. I think it's time for us to meet. I bought a house not far from yours and I'm moving into it soon. I don't care if you're still scared, we can't stay like this forever. We are sisters after all, whether you want it or not.

See you soon Linda,

Your sister Lucy."

Wow. I can't belive it. My aunt, my unreal aunt is truly going to come here. I'll finally meet her! It's weird thought. The letter is strange. My aunt seems to say that my mom is scared of something. Honestly, I always thought I was the biggest nightmare to my parents, but what could scare her more than her own daughter? I must know! I have to learn more about this mysterious relative of mine.

For the past hour I've tried to look for any informations about my aunt Lucy. Unfortunately, I found none. Well, i'm not really surprised since my mother never talks about her. She must have done something really wrong for my mom to not talk to her anymore.

Finally, the rest of my day passed really fast. I spend my time drawing. I had a little heart attack when I found out that all of my drawing were gone, the ones with fire. I think maybe my mom just found them and burned them. She always does it with the drawing she thinks are suspect. She became a little too paranoid with the years. Well, i can't blame her. After all, her daughter has been drawing fires for weeks and now, her school's library caught on fire. Weird. It sure is... But I swear i never started this fire.

Now my drawings were about a guy. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He seemed vaguelly familiar. It might be an actor that plays in one of those really good tv show. The guy was tall and muscular. The kind of boy that would make a girl melt.

Anyway, when my mom got home I ran to her and I scared her a little... I didn't lose any instant and I asked her about her sister Lucy. Fear passed in her eyes, but soon after it disapeared. She was a little shocked and asked me why I was asking questions about it now. Of course I wasn't about to tell her that I read her letter, even if it was her fault if it was still on the table when I got here. I rapidly made up an excuse. Of course it was a pretty bad one, but she seemed to be happy about it. I asked her if she was going to recontact her, but my mom wasn't positive on this. She was definatelly hiding something. I must find her e-mail adress of phone number. I have to enter in contact with Lucy. I asked my mother if she could give me her phone number, just so I could be a normal teenager for a while by speaking with my aunt. My mom refused right away. She told me it would be best for me to stay away from her sister. After this, I felt that I wasn't getting any help from my mother. Also, her eyes made me understand that the conversation was over.

I went back to my room and got my computer. If my mother wasn't helping me, I will find information alone, by myself.

**Samantha's mother POV. (Linda)**

Today, when Samantha asked me about her aunt, I couldn't belive that she found the letter. Of course I should have hide it before leaving, but i had completly forgot about it. She made up a pretty bad excuse. She really thought she could fool me by telling me she was just thinking about her aunt. My ass... It wasn't a coincidence. She must have seen the letter. I guess I should have burned it.

Lucy? Back in town? I can't belive it. I don't understand why she would come back in this awfull town that treated her like crap. Of course she said it was to help Sam, but she wasn't able to help herself, why will she be able to change Samantha? I'm pretty sure she'll fail to it. My daughter is stuck with the same problem as Lucy. If she truely move here, our reputation will only get worse. I mean, two freaks in one little town? And plus, two freaks from the same family? What will people think? I refused to have another child just in case it turns out to be like Lucy and Samantha. George wanted other children, but when I saw the purple eyes of Samantha, I knew we were stuck with the curse.

Lucy used to draw too. When Samantha made her first drawing, my worries only got bigger. It was almost confirmed. She had the same gift, if I could call it gift. Lucy and her are alike. Maybe it could be a good thing that they met, but still. I didn't know if George will agree to this. He doesn't really appreciate Samantha, even if it's his daughter. He really thinks she's a freak and he won't listen to me when I say that she's gifted by someone. She's like Lucy. When I was young, my mom went with my sister to see someone who could help, it seemed like it did. I wanted to talk to Lucy about who she went seeing, but my mom didn't want to and now, George doesn't want me to go speak to her. He thinks i'll come back like her. I don't understand how he can be so mean with Samantha. She's our daughter! I know she thinks we don't love her. Maybe George doesn't, but I, love her. My mom always knew how to love Lucy with her difference. I wish I could follow her example. Sadly, I didn't 'cause Samantha doesn't trust me neither thinks I love her.

****** Back to Samantha*********

It's been hours. I can't find anything on my computer. I should go see in my mom's bedroom. Maybe there, i'll find something.

I checked downstairs if she was still cooking diner. Yeah. She's watching tv while cutting an onion. She'll be occupied for at least ten more minutes. My father wasn't home yet and he wasn't coming for a good half an hour. No one will find me.

I ran from my room to their. I got in, quietly even if my mother can't hear me. I looked around and I tried to see if something in particular could help me. Nothing really. It's sad. I really hoped i could find something here. Well, you know what they say: Better luck next time...

I was about to return to my room when I saw it. On her dresser. Her cellphone! My mom's phone. I'm pretty sure she kept Lucy's number even if they never talk. Well, that's what I was hoping for. I opened it. Nothing was locking it. Thank GOD! I was kinda lucky today, if we forget about the fire thing. Search contact. Enter: Lucy. One result found. Yes! There was no pictures or no informations about this Lucy. It could be one of her friends. I think I should at least give it a chance.

I noted the number on a piece of paper than rushed back to my room. When I finally closed my bedroom door, I went in my bed and lay there. My heart was beating fast. I really needed answers, but what if it wasn't my aunt? What if she tells me some really bad things? Ah! Screw it. I wanna know!

I picked up my phone and began pressing the buttons. My hands were shaking and I had to composed the number a few times before finding the guts to really call her. When I heard the phone ringing, i was really nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have call her after all. Maybe there is a reason why my mom never talks about her...

"Hello?"

"Hel...Hello... Lucy... I'm Samantha, you're niece..."

"Dear God..."

***********************************

Liked this chapter? Let us know ;) Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :P

Happy_ever_after10 & Smiley :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366 20 18
"Be who you want to be; never let anyone try to tell you who you are, because they can't. Only you can."
961 24 25
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...
47.1K 919 27
He didn't want to fall in love..didn't choose to believe that someone could love him. But, Here I was. Falling for Mr. Bad Boy. β€’^β€’^β€’^β€’^β€’^β€’^β€’^β€’^β€’^β€’...
864 142 30
Two girls. Both think they are alone in the world until they bump into eachother. A friendship blooms and soon enough they're bestfriends. Bestfrien...